►THREE

Taste of a Ballad

 

THE NEXT DAY THEY SAW EACH OTHER AT SCHOOL but don’t talk that much; exchanging looks and smiles are all they could do. 3 weeks had passed like this.

Friday after school, Yoona was walking to home with Taeyeon and Jessica. A usual they are having girl talk. “Hey Yoona, do you know that Luhan likes you?” said Taeyeon, stopping Yoona’s onward footsteps, in wonder she asked “How do you know?”

“Chanyeol told me.” Taeyeon justified.  

“How does he even know?”

“I don’t know. He just said that. But it’s kind of obvious though.”

“Yeah! I know. It seems like he cares about you a lot Yoona.” Jessica joined in, in agreement.

“We used to be best friend. That’s why.” Yoona denied but unknowingly a small smile plastering on her sweet face. 

“Fair enough.” They give up. That was not the first time they told her about Luhan and she would always reply ‘Because we are friends.’ And now they were sick of hearing it as they obviously knew that they both like each other.       

 

The next week, Yuri had already moved in to the town where Yoona lived.  They went to school together since their house is near. Everyone in school welcomed Yuri warmly and kindly. In just short amount of time, Yuri’s outgoing personality helped her became close to her classmates quickly; even the quiet Luhan became close to her after they worked on a school project together for a week.

Yuri was not only able to fit in to the popular group due to her pretty image; she also went along very well with the other students as well as Luhan.

Luhan turned out to be livelier than usual. He eventually had someone to talk to during break times apart from Chanyeol or spending rare commutation with Yoona. Surprisingly Yuri’s capability could make him getting closer to Yoona’s group or they may call populars (Taeyeon, Jessica, Kris and Kai)

Should I just thanks to Yuri because she made us get closer again? But somehow I feel uneasy. Though Yoona whenever she saw them together talking or spending their time together.

 

Yuri and I are very close friend. She usually tells me everything what has happened to her and same for me. But I notice that she never tell me about L. By any chance does she like him?   was what Yoona wrote down on a page of her diary in one evening, in her noiseless room. 

In fact envious filled in her chest and regret built up. She didn’t enjoy seeing Luhan being very close to her friend or a girl. It was the time she felt the biggest regret she has ever had because she left him alone for the past years.  

And again today, she was with Kai and Taeyeon in Spanish class, while Yuri was with Luhan in music class. They could sing and play musical instrument very well and their hobbies are similar.

They really suit to each other. Thought Yoona, in her mind but still didn’t want to admit it.

On a Saturday afternoon, Yuri texted Yoona saying that “I will sleepover at your house tonight. And let’s do maths homework together =D ”      Shall I ask her about that?      She asked to herself.     No!!!!    She shook her head hard.   I am just being jealous. She is my best friend so what….. what happen if she likes him? Luhan and I are not even in relationship.   She fought back her jealousy thought.

 

Here came Yuri. She gave Yoona a very bright smile and a warm hug as usual. After some chitchat and doing maths homework together, they decided to watch a movie on I pad in the room. They lay down side by side in the bed and Yuri was choosing for a movie to watch. Yoona couldn’t resist her impulse and finally she gathered all her urge and asked, “Yuri-uh what do you think of Luhan?”

A smile appeared on Yuri’s pretty face.     “Do you like him?” Yoona continued, enthusiasm could be investigated in her deer-like eyes.

“Are there any girl who doesn’t like him?”

Her eyes got widen as in amazement of what she just heard.

“I do like him. He is perfect. He is smart, good looking, rich and outgoing. What else does he need? Masculine? It doesn’t really matter though.” Yuri seems so delighted while she was talking about Luhan but on the other hand was Yoona who couldn’t make any response and lost in her thoughts. Although she already had has tiny expectation of this answer, hearing it out loud was such an unfamiliar terror.

What shall I do now?          Everything has changed.    I don’t know what to do.    I really don’t.            Shall I just give up?

***