►ONE

Taste of a Ballad

 

AT THE START OF 2ND YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL. Yoona was sitting on a chair in front of the mirror, in her girlish style white and slight of pink room. Thinking of what is going to happen this year. Will it be the same as last year? She had no idea. “OK start your new school year with a smile. Fighting!!” she cheered herself out loud.

“I haven’t change any, I am still Yoona, Im Yoona, a stubborn, competitive and smart girl” hee hee.. She chuckled leaving slight echo in the room. Suddenly his figure ran into her mind. How is he? She thought. We didn’t get any contact during the holiday. Anyway I am going to meet him soon.

2 hours later, at school, as she walked into the classroom “Hey Yoona how are you ?” a pretty girl called Taeyeon greeted her with a big warm hug. “Hey, I am good and you” replied Yoona.

“By the way have you seen Jessica?” Taeyeon asked with her widen eyes.

“Not yet, why?”

Taeyeon immediately got closer to her and whispered “You know Jessica and Kris, they are dating now.”

“Wow really!!! That’s amazing. They’ve been together as friend for so long and finally they are dating.” she said surprisingly. In fact she was actually feeling envy of Jessica. She gazed out of the window, Luhan they are dating now what about us?

Suddenly she spotted a familiar figure entered into the classroom. Yes, it’s him, her one and only him Luhan. His bright smile reacted as soon as he saw her, and of course she responded with the same kind of smile.

 

“Yo! Mr Lu how is going?” Chanyeol popped into Luhan’s view while he was gazing at Yoona secretly as sitting at the back corner of the classroom. “Hi! How’s your holiday?” he replied.

“It was boring” said Chanyeol, a frown was sticking on his face and not for so long, he started to tease Luhan as usual, “When are you going to confess to Yoona?” he made a glance and continued “I think she is also waiting for that” Luhan moved his eyes just to look at Yoona, who was sitting at the front row of the classroom. She was having conversation with her popular friends Taeyeon, Jessica, Kris and Kai. She is one of the populars who hangs out with the other populars.


It was a Saturday evening, when Yoona glanced out the window. The sky was tar-black and the large clouds were moving quickly. The weather is awful, especially when it rains on a day like Saturday evening. She thought.

Suddenly her phone rang *Baby don’t cry … tonight …* as she picked it up her cousin or she may also consider as best friend, Yuri’s voice brought her a smile.

“Hellooooooo! How are you?” said Yuri through the phone line.

“Hello! Yuri, what’s up?”

“I have got good news” Yuri said cheerfully. “You know what!!!  I am going to move to your town next month”. She screamed with joys.  

“Wow really? How come? How about your school?” asked Yoona.

“Cause my dad got a new job around there. So our family decided to move there in order to get nearer to his job. I am not sure about school yet. May be I will just go to your school. Isn’t it good?” she laughed joyfully. Yoona could imagine her smiling face with full of joy.

After the conversation Yoona decided to do her homework. All of a sudden a message alert appeared which was from Luhan.

“Don’t forget your eng book tomo, we have after school class :) ”

Actually, she’d totally forgotten about that. A satisfy smile appeared on her face. That is Luhan. He always knows what I need. She mumbled to herself followed by a cute smile. Then she replied…

“Ok thx Luhan, I was about to left it XD”

His reply came just within a second.

“I kneeeeew that” 

“ :p ” and the message ended up with a smiley face from Yoona.

In fact, they don’t message to each other frequently except from reminding each other about school stuff.

It’s all started from 3 year ago when their friendship became colder than it was used to be. Before that they were friends, very close friends who used to always joke around each other, prank each other, text to each other, laughed together and eat together.

Until those days, the 2nd year of secondary school days, when Yoona started hanging around with the popular group in their school and they are no longer best friends anymore. They didn’t know how that happened but after they trying to fix up with each other, it didn’t work. He was jealous at the fact that she was with the populars and her times for him were become less and less. Although she tried to pull him into that group, he refused. Actually, he disliked them for stealing Yoona from him.

Am I being too possessive? Well I already had enough friends if only Yoona was my best friend; was what he thought. Unlike Yoona, a popular, smart girl; he was a quiet-sit-in-a-corner guy who rarely took noticed by anyone except from Chanyeol, a well know class clown.

* * *