unlove you | 01

exovenus: the romantic journey
Please log in to read the full chapter

What if i didn’t want to say goodbye?

 

The sad thing is i wasn’t someone to him but he was something to me. I always think that maybe time and space would change his mind and maybe he’ll come back, maybe that’s all in my head. A sad thought that wasn’t even real.



 

It was one fall afternoon and i was walking home to school. It seems like the usual, the leaves of the trees started to change in color and the breeze started to get colder.  As i was walking, an unfamiliar boy caught my sight. He’s around my age, bronze face and messy hair, i looked at his face, and it’s registering a very confused look and instantly knew he was lost. Part of living in the countryside is having lots of trees and nature surrounds you and there’s always a possibility that one can get lost around the area if you’re not familiar with. His hair is softly lifted by the wind, as he walk past by me a smell of apples filled the air. I was mesmerized. Little did i know, i grasped on the end of his jacket. I knew he was caught off guard, he moved away from me with a force.

 

“I wasn’t thinking i’m sorry” i bowed “..i was just wondering if you’re lost” i continued with my face down.

 

“No. I’m Fine.” he said in a rather incisive voice as tries to look away from me, and then left and continued where he is going.

 

If i’m going to have a boyfriend, i won’t like someone like you. i was trying not to think about it as i went home but i couldn’t help not to think about him. He left me with a confusing feeling.

 

 

Later that night, Mom, Dad and I went out for dinner in the local seafood restaurant. Dad works day and night, and he seldom eats his dinner at home with us. So today might be a good day to just sit down and enjoy each other’s company.

 

“So.. Hyelim.” Dad spoke as someone prepares the food at the table.

 

“Me and your mom decided that you’ll be continuing your studies at Seoul” He said as mom nods in agreement.

“Your dad will be going abroad and it might be best if i come along with him, so that he won’t be all alone” I was dumbfounded, i don’t know what to say or feel.

 

“We’ve already contacted my younger sister, your aunt, if it’s okay that you’ll stay with her after all she’s not yet married” Mom chuckled.

 

“Why are deciding this for yourselves only?” i raised my tone. this is the first time i talked to my parents like this.

“I don’t want to go! I just want to stay here” i stood up and end up going outside without eating a single thing that night.


I don’t want to go to the City. I just want to stay here for the rest of my life, for more 15 years and more years after that, i don’t want to leave this place, my friends and the people around me who became a part of my l

Please log in to read the full chapter