Jung Saein

Creeping Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Chanyeol said his goodbyes, the OCU unit became dead silent. Taehyuk and Soobin were not arguing like they always do nor was Jaesuk as chatty as usual. Instead, all of their eyes were focused on the desktop screen as they typed quickly and diligently. At first glance you’d think that they were working extremely hard but in reality, they were actually chatting through Skype.

 

Soobin _ here we are once again… reminds me Madam Go’s first day here. Although she could never shut and sounded like an ahjumma, she was still better than this one.

Taehyuk _ I… don’t mind her.

Soobin _ Of course you don’t. Betrayer.

Jaesuk _ It just came to me… Haein-ssi looks familiar doesn’t she?

Soobin _ …

Taehyuk _ …

 

The three then looked up meeting each other’s eyes. All of them were a little unsure but tried hard to recall something and it wasn’t until a minute later when Soobin gasped in shock, “Jung Saein! CDU’s Jung Saein!” she nearly yelled but quickly covered to restrain herself. Jaesuk and Taehyuk almost fell off their chairs from hearing the name and recalling the face associated with it. Not everyone on the force knew about Saein’s death but since OCU occasionally had crossover cases with CDU, they had acquaintances with Saein. However, on the day of her funeral OCU coincidently had an emergency mission meaning they didn’t get a chance to meet Haein prior to today.

Soobin leaned in close to the others, “no way… a ghost?!” she whispered as chills ran down her spine. “Aye… what are you talking about?” Taehyuk skeptically commented. Soobin immediately became embarrassed realizing what she had just said. “Perhaps twins?” Jaesuk butted in. Taehyuk nodded in agreement, “that must be the reason why Haein-ssi came back from America… it must be hard for her…” Soobin raised her eyebrows at him who seemed like he was falling even deeper for Haein. “We should all be more considerate for someone who just lost their close ones, arraso?” Jaesuk told the two, more specifically he was directing it at Soobin. She frowned, “fine. I might not like her but for Saein’s sake, I will endure it. BUT, she keeps up her attitude any longer than she needs to, I won’t let it pass.” Jaesuk and Taehyuk exchanged glances with sly smiles; they knew Soobin wouldn’t actually go face-on with Haein.  

In the middle of their conversation, all of them suddenly turned their heads and attention onto Haein who finally came out of her office. Not bothered to be in the spotlight, she handed each of them a file, “let’s start our meeting” she coldly demanded. They all received it well without a word after agreeing acknowledging her unfortunate lost. Jaesuk then looked into the file and realized it was the most recent case they were investigating: an underground organization known as ‘Black Pearl’.

Black, along with green, blue, gold and silver are sub-divisions of the main organization ‘Dragon’s Gate’. Each pearl have their own activities they are responsible for; black was in charge of human trafficking and ion, green for money laundering, blue for all counterfeit goods, silver for illegal drug production and distribution, and gold for loan sharks along with private gambling facilities. Every pearl also had its own leader strictly chosen by the 3 elders of Dragon’s Gate who established and control them all. Then directly under the leaders are 2 head assistants who come in contact the most with the rest of the members and of course, the police force.

OCU had been following closely behind this organization for 3 years straight. Unfortunately, all they’ve traced were countless locations of where these illegal activities were taking place. They’ll go in and bust as much as they can but the organization seems to be fearless; with one closed, another will open on the same day. Also, even if OCU had received reliable information from their sources, the group would somehow know in advance to disperse and escape fast enough. In the end, OCU would find absolutely nothing at the sites.

OCU had managed to bring the head assistants in a couple of times for interrogation but never have they had enough evidences to press charges against them; only those caught on the scene who directly ran the facility (the members). The expensive lawyers they hire didn’t make anything better for OCU either.      

Although OCU’s primary targets were Pearls, their final goal was to completely destroy the Gate aka the main source of where all this endless disaster began. However, until this day, the leaders and elders remain a mystery. It was going to be a long war.

“Tell me what you guys have so far” Haein commanded as she leaned in with her hands on the sides of Taehyuk and Soobin’s desks. Taehyuk noticed a very simple silver ring on her pinky, he liked it. “Black’s activities have been more and more rapid over the past couple of weeks. I’m guessing it’s because of the recent illegal landing of a new batch of female immigrants” Jaesuk responded immediately. “Gangnam had 4 locations we’ve continuously swiped out but shortly after, they re-started with new members, new girls” Soobin added. “Han Joon and Han Hoon are brothers who have been Black’s head assistants for 2 years. We’ve brought them in once or twice but got absolutely nothing” Taehyuk lastly commented.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter