The Delivery Boy

Creeping Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re the girl that didn’t let me on the elevator!” Chanyeol accused. Haein still had the same expressionless face.

 

10 minutes before Haein walked in OCU, in the lobby on the main floor.

 

Chanyeol’s Perspective

Chanyeol dug up some courage before walking into the building he was once so used to. He was perhaps just a little more nervous than he thought he’d be; having been gone for an entire year really does make a difference. But he was here for a purpose: to pay a visit to his old team members. He had promised to do so eventually. Plus, he missed them all.

Before he took another step, he was already recognized and stopped by someone familiar. “O, Chanyeol-goon” an older gentleman slowly approached him from afar. Chanyeol immediately bowed 90 degrees as respect; it was the superintendent general that looked after him ever since he had joined the force. “What’s your business here today? Don’t tell me you got in trouble already?” he joked. Chanyeol laughed with him, “aniyo, I’m just here to say hello to my friends. It’s been a while.” The superintendent general smiled at Chanyeol’s forever kind-heart, “what have you been doing? Have you thought of rejoining the force yet? I’ve always thought that letting you leave was such a big mistake.” Even though Chanyeol was grateful to hear his words, he still shook his head, “I’m happy with what I’m doing now... but you know that my heart will always be here.” The man nodded, content with his response, “don’t let the past keep you away for too much longer. Let me know whenever you’re ready to come back” he told Chanyeol sincerely. “Neh… thank you” Chanyeol responded and bowed again as the superintendent general left his side.

“The past…” he then paused and regretfully thought for a second. It was something Chanyeol had chosen to lock up beneath his heart, who knows when it’ll actually be freed?

Just as he lifted his head, he saw an elevator that had opened and was ready to head up. He decided to run for it, “wait!” he yelled. Then, he spotted a girl inside of it who seemed to have pressed a button making the door close in front of his face.

“Aish…” Chanyeol whispered under his breath.

 

What really happened

Haein stepped into the elevator right after a girl who was holding a bunch of files stacked up past her head. She stood off to the side to avoid bumping into her and took one last glance to the outside where she saw a guy running towards her. “Wait!” he yelled. She reached out her hand and was about to press the open button for him but was a second behind by the girl who had already pressed the close button; the doors then closed.

From Chanyeol’s angle, however, the only person he saw in the elevator was Haein.

 

Haein then remembered where she saw this face in front of her, “I wasn’t the one that closed the door on you if that’s what you’re trying to imply.” Chanyeol was thrown back by this girl’s vibe; she was beyond confident and bold, her icy eyes had a hint of warmth that Chanyeol saw through and somehow it seemed convincing that it really wasn’t her. Haein didn’t bother with Chanyeol any further as it didn’t matter to her whether he still thought it was her who did it or not. She returned her attention back onto her team, “where’s my office?” she demanded. Taehyuk, who was still dumbfounded, blindly pointed at the dark blue door facing their 4 desks that had a blank label on it. Haein pulled her bag closer to her then walked past everyone and into her room closing the door behind her. Chanyeol’s eyes followed her and the only thing he thought was how impressive this girl’s attitude was.

“What’s her problem?!” Soobin imm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter