Part II

The Wedding Jitters

Part Two

 

 

August 2010, two months before the wedding

It’s been four days after their big fight in the restaurant, but Yoona still didn’t want to make up with Luhan. Her annoyance and anger towards him were still there, even she didn’t want to pick up his call or reply his message. She completely ignored him. When he came to her office to invite her to lunch with him, she told him that she wasn’t in the office at that time because she had a lunch with her colleagues outside, and she didn’t convey this message by herself, but through her assistant. And when he came to her apartment at night after he went home from work, she would ask for Yuri’s help to tell him that she already fell asleep or hadn’t arrived at home yet. Truthfully, she expected him to become like this; asking her to lunch together with him or coming to see her at the apartment. She was a little bit happy actually, but once again he disappointed her. She expected him to have a thought to wait for her when Yuri told him that she hadn’t arrived yet or come to her office to get her home and ask for dinner together, but the reality was none of them he did, or even close to that. She knew that she was being too mean towards him, but she thought that he should be more persistent if he wanted to make up with her and stand up for their relationship. She wished that he could show her more efforts to prove to her that they deserved to be together and this marriage was the right thing to do. She wanted him to make her believe that this marriage would be the biggest and most wonderful present that she got for her whole life and he’s the right man for her; the one and only man that would stay beside her for her entire life. But unfortunately, until now he didn’t do anything that she expected him to do and it made her doubting about this marriage more and more.

 

Their relationship was even worse when Yoona found that she was so tired to deal with all of the things that happened in her life now; her piles of work, her wedding preparations, her confused feeling, and especially her relationship with Luhan. She didn’t know that she was getting tired because she was so stressed that her wedding was getting nearer and nearer or she was getting tired because she was bored of her relationship with him. She began to doubt her decision to get married with him because she felt like her love for him was fading away day by day. She thought that it’s maybe because they’ve been in a relationship for too long. She already knew all of the things about him; his habit, his personality, his attitude, his favorite, and everything about him. So, it made her feel like there’s no surprise anymore. It made her wonder ‘what are the things that I don’t know about him?’.

 

And that’s why she found Sehun interesting. Sehun was completely different from Luhan and it’s something that she never experienced before. He was so romantic and very mature, two things that Luhan didn’t have and these are the things that she hoped for from her man. Spending time with him and receiving his care made her heart fluttered. It regained her memories about falling in love for the first time and she really missed that moment. She missed being in love, she missed the time when she was shy every time he looked at her with his loving eyes and she missed the moment when her heart was pounding really hard every time he said he loved her. And now she could feel that again, though that person was not Luhan, and it made her doesn’t want to waste this moment. So then it made her ask a million questions to herself, ‘Are you ready to get married right away? Are you ready to say goodbye to your ‘free and single life’? Are you ready to become a wife and devote yourself to one and only person in your whole life? Moreover can you love him like you always do and even love him more after you’re married?”. She really couldn’t find the right answer to her own questions because right now she couldn’t understand herself. She really couldn’t.

#

 

Four days later, 09.45 pm, two months before the wedding

Luhan was completely out of his mind right now. He was already at the club from three hours ago and he still didn’t have any intention to stand up from his seat and came back to home. He had already run through one and a half bottle of beer and he still wanted to ask for more. He didn’t go to the dance floor and dancing crazily with some other random girls, he just sat there on his seat, drinking and drinking while kept looking at his phone, hoping that he would receive a phone call or a text message from her. It’s been four days and he didn’t get any news from her. He thought four days were already enough for them to cool down their anger, but it seemed like it wasn’t enough for her. He admitted that half of the problems that were laid between them was his fault. He was too busy with his work and he didn’t have much time to accompany her to prepare everything for their wedding, but it didn’t mean that he didn’t make any effort. He tried to spare his time to help her set up all the preparations, he really did, but sometimes his work didn’t allow him to do it. And he thought she could understand that, but in fact she couldn’t. Moreover, she began to complain about his attitude and their different characters and it made the problems got bigger and bigger. He had just realized that she and he were totally different when she said so, he didn’t realize it beforehand. He never thought and he never felt that she and he were different, though their friends always said that they were really different, because he never ever saw it as the difference. He always saw that as a gift, a reason why he and Yoona should be together. It’s cheesy and he knew it, but it’s the truth. He always thought their different characters as a fate that brought them together until now because they complement each other. And so when he heard she said that this wedding sounded so wrong, he felt his heart shattered into pieces. He couldn’t imagine what would happen if she called off this marriage. He couldn’t imagine how dull his life would be without her beside him. He couldn’t and he didn’t dare to imagine it.

Xiumin went to the club right away as soon as he got a message from Luhan, his best friend. He was a little bit worried actually after he read a message from him that told him that he was at the club because Luhan wasn’t a type of person who spent his time in there, moreover after he was in a relationship with Yoona. So it made him wonder what’s going on with him until he went there, even he told him to get drunk together. He wandered his eyes through every corner of the club to find his best friend as soon as he arrived and then he found him sat alone with his head on the table and stared blankly at his empty glass. He approached him right away and tapped his shoulder a little bit hard to let him knew that he’s already here. Then he took a seat next to him.

“Han, why are you here? What happen to you?” He swayed his shoulder several times, trying to make him back to his sense.

“Oh Xiumin-sshi, you come? Here, drink this. It’s the delicious drink I’ve ever tasted. It’s really really really sweeeeeeet.”

Xiumin knew that he had already drunk when he heard his answer, “Luhan, you’ve already drunk. You should go home now before you pass out. I’ll drive you home.”

He waved his hands off selflessly while looking at him. “No, I am not drunk. Really. And I won’t go home until I get news from her.”

His guess was totally right, Yoona must be the reason why he went to here and got drunk. Then he let out a heavy sigh. “Okay if you don’t want to go home, but tell me what happen to you and Yoona.”

“I love her so much Xiumin. I really really love her. I am so excited for our upcoming wedding, but suddenly she told me that this marriage sounded so wrong because she thought that I was so busy with my work and I looked like I didn’t care at all about our wedding. But you know what? I really care. I do care.” He sounded so desperate when he said these words.

Xiumin looked at him with concern look then he patted his shoulder lightly. “You have to give your explanation to her. I think it’s just a communication problem that you get there.”

“How can I explain it to her if she doesn’t want to meet me or even pick up my call? It’s been four days and she didn’t even bother to reply my text messages. She’s been avoiding me. So what should I do? And I don’t know, she has become a different person lately; she becomes moody and suddenly she becomes this perfectionist freak. She begins to complain about our different characters and she looks like she has a second thought about this wedding. What if she calls off our wedding? I don’t want to lose her, Xiumin. I don’t want to lose her” He whined like a child. Then he raised his head and poured the drink into his glass. He was ready to drink it in one shot, but Xiumin hurriedly stopped him from doing so.

“You had enough, Han. And about your wedding, you have to do everything to make her believe that you’re the right man for her. Do everything you can do if you want her back. Do you know what Han? Most of the woman tends to act differently when their wedding is getting nearer. You're in the position where you should understand her. You're the one who should comprehend her. Don't ask for her understanding because she's the one who deserve to do so. Don't fight with it if you don't want to regret it later. Accept this situation if you don't want to lose her. Give your best if you want her back. And believe me if you don't want to end up like me."

#

 

The same night, 09.00 pm, two months before the wedding

Yoona was in her room alone tonight, thinking deeply about her own problems. Her phone kept ringing and she got a nonstop message from Luhan. She was comtemplating to pick up his call or not. Actually at this time, her anger had slightly disappeared, but there's something inside her that coerced her to not pick up his call or reply any of his messages. She was still confused with herself and she hadn't found the right answer of her problems yet. So, she just sat there on her bed and leaned her body to the wall, kept staring at her phone and smiling whenever Luhan's hilarious photo popped out of its screen every time he was calling. Then after she saw her phone stopped ringing, she raised from her seat and walked towards her working table. She opened its drawer and accidentally found a box with 'Our twilight memories - Luhan & Yoona' written in it. She chuckled as soon as she read what's written in that box. She still remembered why they used that such a weird name for their box which was filled with wonderful memories; it’s merely because she was a big fan of the twilight saga and she always imagined herself as Bella Swan and him as Edward Cullen, though he always asked her to not imagine him as Edward Cullen as he reasoned that first (and he said that this was the most important one) he was much more handsome than him, second, he would never ever be an Edward Cullen because he was afraid of heights so it’s really impossible, third he wasn't as romantic as him who would watch over her day and night, and fourth he didn’t want to be a vampire. But in spite of all his objections, she still used that as a name for their precious box, though he already shattered all of her imaginations about he and she became Edward and Bella that would have a beautiful love story and lived happily ever after, by his odd reasons. And he couldn’t do anything to change her mind, so he let her use that name though he didn’t like it at all, even just a bit. But if at that time she knew that sometimes the word ‘twilight’ was used metaphorically to imply that something is losing strength and approaching its end, she absolutely would change it to more perfect word to describe their memories. Actually at that time, another reason why she used it to name their box was because she always thought that twilight was so beautiful and she knew that every type of twilights had its own color. So she thought that it matched perfectly with their memories; beautiful and each memories had its own color, it left a different feeling. 

 

She took the box out of the drawer and then she sat on the carpeted floor with her back leaned against the edge of her bed. Then she opened that box and found many objects in it and most of them were a present from him when they were dating back then; empty perfume bottle, weird yet adorable photos of both of them, their couple items, pages of movie tickets, and some dry white roses that already lost its color. She looked at them one by one, trying to grasp the feeling when she received it for the first time. She put out of all them from inside the box and arrange them based on the time he gave them to her. Then suddenly the memories about him came back to her mind; their first meeting, the first time she fell in love with him, his confession, their first date, their first kiss, their first fight, the day when he proposed to her, and everything about him that reminded her of him.

 

Flashback

Summer, July 2004

Yoona was running so fast heading towards her class. It’s 08.10 am now and she was already late for ten minutes. She really didn’t like being late for her class, moreover if it’s her favorite subject. And it’s all because of Yuri, if she didn’t lend her a complete CD of One Tree Hill Season One, she wouldn’t be late like this. She stayed up all night just to finish this TV series in which it’s her most favorite. She couldn’t hold back her desire to watch the last six episodes and she was really curious to see the ending. So, she just let the most curious part of her took over.

When she was already in front of her class, she stopped her steps for a while, trying to catch her breath. She wiped her sweat with the back of her hand and hastily trimmed her hair, and then she took one last deep breath before she opened the door. She opened it and was immediately greeted by dozens of pairs of eyes stuck on her. She hurriedly bowed her hands and mouthed ‘I am sorry’ several times while kept walking to find her seat. She wandered her eyes through every corner of the room and found some empty seats, mostly at the back, but then she chose the one in the middle because she didn’t like to sit at the back, besides she had a miopi problem. She took a seat and began to put out her notebooks and a pen from her bag and was ready to pay attention to the lessons, but then she heard the person who sat next to her said something to her.

“Oh, we meet again?”

She turned her head to that person and found a ‘familiar’ guy who was looking at her with his mischievous smile flashing at her. She let out a heavy sigh and gave him an annoyed look as soon as she saw him. She exactly knew who he was; it’s the guy who kept bumping into her, it’s the guy who she had been avoiding these days, it’s the guy who had risen to be her ‘new enemy’, yes it’s the same annoying guy who left her a deep impression at the cafeteria.

“Yee Yee. Really such a good luck for me.” She said it with sarcasm as she raised her eyebrows, giving him an uninterested look. Then she quickly turned her attention back to the front and began to write the lesson down at her notes.

“Wow, such a nice greeting.” He leaned forward to her and said it with the same tone that she gave him, slightly whispered. Then he asked her again. “Eii, are you still mad because of an accident at the cafeteria? Just forget it, okay? Let’s start afresh. Let’s be friend.” He stretched his arms, waiting for her to shake his hand. But, she just rolled her eyes and slightly dragged her body away from him. So he pulled back his hand and shake it with his other hand instead. Almost one hour and forty-five minute class, she didn’t hear anything else from him. And he left as soon as the class was finished without saying anything to her. It’s good actually because she could give her full focus of the lesson, without interference from him. Then she took her other note, her personal note, to write down the task that her lecturer had just given in class {it’s her habit before she left the class), but when she opened it, she found a messy handwriting on the blank page of her notebook, right after her last own note.

‘What’s your name?’ She furrowed her brows as soon as she read it, but she just shrugged it off and turned to the next page.

‘Please tell me :)‘

Then she turned its page again and found another handwriting. ‘My name is Luhan and I am the guy who sat next to you just now.’

She turned it once more. ‘Let’s be friend. And I am sorry for that incident.’ She unknowingly smiled upon seeing his notes; even she forgot to write her task down. She was about to close her notebook when she realized that there’s more handwriting on the next page. She put her notebook closer to her eyes to make it sure that there’s more handwriting behind the last page and then she quickly turned it and found ‘I am cool right?’ written in it. She let out a disbelief sigh, didn’t expect that he would write something like that. ‘He’s sure full of himself’, she thought.

#

She smiled. It was the first time he asked for her name. It was the first time she found that he was really interesting. It’s the first time she changed his status from ‘her enemy’ to ‘her friend’. And she remembered that it only needed a month after that occasion to make her fell in love with him. Because at that time, she found that he was really different from any other guys. He actually was a really caring and thoughtful person, but he just couldn’t express it well. He had his own way to show that and this was one of the reasons why she fell in love with him. Another reason why she was interested with him was because in her eyes, he gave this kind of bad boy vibe and she always thought that bad boy type of guy was really attractive, though she preferred a romantic one. He was the only one who could make her smile a lot and then turned her into an annoyed-mode in just a second. Moreover, if she looked at him physically, he’s really not bad. He’s not bad at all and he’s so her type; he’s handsome and he had this cute and soft feature of face, though she wished he was taller than he actually was. And these were the things that made her fell in love with him.

 

Flashback

Summer, August 2004

Luhan and Yoona were an unofficial campus couple at that time. Why? Because they said that they weren’t dating, but they always stick to each other; where there was Yoona, there was Luhan, and vice versa. And so it made their friends confused and wondered, ‘what exactly was their relationship?’. They always amazed by both of them because in their point of view, their relationship was kind of weird; one time they would be a lovey-dovey couple and then in just one second they would become a Tom and Jerry couple.

It was Saturday when Luhan and Yoona went on an unofficial first date as an unofficial campus couple. They usually spent their time together just in campus, coffee shop, or in shopping complex. And today was the day when Luhan finally asked her out ‘officially’ to go to an amusement park as he reasoned that he wanted to reminisce his teenage days. And she gladly accepted his offer because it’s been a long time since she went there. So here they were, at an amusement park, queuing and jostling with other visitors. Yes, they absolutely picked the wrong day to go to an amusement park.

“Oh no no no Yoona. I don’t want to ride that scary roller coaster. Just go by yourself, I’ll wait for you here.” He waved his hands off as soon as she proposed the idea to ride the roller coaster.

“Please Luhan, please.” She pleaded. “Just once, okay?” She tried to persuade him as she made a begging pose in front him.

“No, Yoona. Even if you persuade me a million times, my answer remains the same.” He turned away his body and walked towards the bench, totally exhausted. She let out an exasperated sigh and then pouted as she watched him from the back. Then she followed him and took a seat beside him. She put out a water bottle from her bag and it towards him. “This. Drink it. You look like a zombie right now.”

He gulped it in just one shot and said “Thanks for the drink. By the way, I still look handsome right?” He wiggled his brows and gave her a flirty gaze.

“Not at all.” She let out a harsh sigh. “You’ll look much more handsome if you ride that roller coaster. Believe me.” She gave him a persuading look, trying to convince him.

“I’ll just let myself become an ugly man for one day then.”

She looked at him in disbelief. She almost lost her words and didn’t have any idea left in her mind to persuade him after she heard what he said just now. Right now in her eyes, he lost all his masculinity. This was the very first time she looked him so un-manly.

“Oh come on Lu. What’s the point of going to an amusement park other than a roller coaster ride?”

He suddenly grabbed her left hand, making her turned her head towards him instantly. “The point of our today’s visit to an amusement park is.. to be an official campus couple.” He said these words without looking at her at all, but still holding her hand.

“What? What do you mean?”

Then he turned his head and looked at her right in the eyes. “Let’s be an official couple. You and I.”

#

That was how he confessed his love to her. He didn’t say he like her or he loved her, but for her it already represented his true feelings. When he said ‘Let’s be an official couple. You and me.’, she knew right away the meaning behind it. In her eyes, it meant ‘I like you. I love you. Be my girlfriend”. She could see it in his eyes. And the answer that she gave him at that time was only a nod and a shy smile, but he also knew the meaning behind it; it meant ‘I love you too. And yes, I want to be your girlfriend.’

She smiled. 

 

Flashback

Winter, January 2005

“Lu, what’s going on with you? You’ve been ignoring me from two days ago and it seems like I am talking to a statue right now. You don’t answer my questions and you don’t give a response or anything when I am talking to you. It doesn’t seem like you at all. Now, tell me. What’s the reason?” She bombarded him with many questions. She couldn’t hold back her resentment because she really didn’t like when someone ignored her like this.

“It’s nothing.” He said. She took a deep breath to calm down herself from being angry upon hearing his words just now.

“That’s it? It’s your answer? I don’t know what should I do to make you stop being angry if you don’t tell me the reason.”

He just turned his body away from her, didn’t want to see her face and remained silent. But then she moved her body and stood in front of him. She turned his head for making him looked at her and then she cupped his face.

"Lu, please tell me. Hmm?"

"Just ask that fanboys of yours." He let off her hands and walked away from her.

#

The jealous Lulu. Since that time, It was what would she said every time she wanted to . She found that he was the most adorable when he was jealous; and it's really cute. He would be shy whenever she called him like that and he would try to avert her attention by telling her random stories.

She smiled again. 'It's been a long time since he was jealous like that.'

 

Flashback

Summer, September 2009

She and Luhan were on their way to Hyeopjae Beach in Jeju Island to enjoy themselves in this once-In-a -lifetime-weekend when they both had a precious time to spend the night there. He was very high right now and it's exactly the same like the first time he saw Donald Duck, his lost sibling, like he always said. He was singing his favorite song loudly and kept banging his head up and down, left and right, and sometimes pretended to play the instruments; he was so into the song. And if it weren't for Yoona who reminded him that he was driving, maybe they were already in the hospital right now because of his careless driving. Truth to be told, Luhan didn't have talent at all in singing, so before he could cause a hearing problem to her ear and make her turn into a mad old woman because she lost her mood, she should stop him.

"Okay, fine. I'll stop. I was loosing control because you know that I've always been interested in singing right? So I couldn't resist it, moreover it's my favorite song and it fits perfectly with our mood and today's weather."

She rolled her eyes. "Yes, you should stop. I know you've always been interested in singing, but do you know what Honey? You don't have any talent at all in singing. Besides, I don't understand at all of that favorite song of yours, I barely understand any words and it's mainly consist of hmm.. Screaming? So now let's just enjoy this wonderful moment by looking at this beautiful view and talking about sweet things" She said as she kept looking at her phone, scrolling a google page to find the most famous restaurant in Jeju. Yes, it's a well-known fact that food had always been number one for her. Wherever she went to a certain place, the first thing that she would do was tasting its specialty foods. And it's a must.

"Waaaa, abalones." She squealed. "Lu, we have to taste its delicious abalones. We have to. We would totally love this." Her eyes were twinkling brightly when she imagined it.

"I am all ready. Wah, I am really really thankful to God that I meet a woman like you who loves food as crazy as I am. At a time like this is the time when I love you the most." He gave her a dazzling smile, but only to get a smack on his head.

"Aw. That's.. really.. really hurt. You could become an amazing woman boxer with that kind of smack" He cried in pain.

"Hahaha served you right. So, you only love me when we have the same thought about food, huh?"

"I said the most Honey. The most. But I always love you. I always am."

"Oh my gosh, you're so cheesy." She pretended to throw up. But, Luhan just laughed it off.

Silent. But it's not an awkward silence that usually filled the whole air in the car when they quarreled or argued, it's peaceful silence. They both enjoyed this moment; savored each other's company. Luhan took a deep breath several times, mixed feeling between nervousness and anxiousness. He occasionally glanced at her, opened his mouth to say something, but then he revoked his intention and closed his mouth again. Yoona noticed this strange attitude that coming from him, so she turned towards him and asked him directly.

"Luhan, are you okay? You're so weird right now."

He looked at her and gave her an assuring smile. "I am okay, Honey. Really." Then he held her hands and squeezed it, trying to ensure her that he was fine.

"Hmm Honey. Are you bored? Do you want to play a game?" He asked her after ten minutes of silence.

"Huh? Why so sudden?" She was really puzzled.

"Hmm.., just.., Let's just play it, okay?" 

"What kind of game?"

"Solving puzzles. Let's bet. If you can solve it in five minutes, I'll grant your wish and vice versa. How?"

"Call." She said while smiling. Her competitiveness was rising after he said that he would grant her wish. She already had an amazing wish in mind.

"Can you get the brown box on the back seat?"

She turned around and found it in ten seconds. "This box?"

He glanced at her. "Oo. That's box. Are you ready now? I'll start the stopwatch." He said as he pulled out his cell phone from his pocket.

"Wait wait wait." She waved her hands, telling him to wait for a while as she put out the puzzle from its box.

"Reaaaadyyyy? Go." He screamed while he pressed the start button on his stopwatch phone. She immediately jumped into the game and already immersed in solving the Puzzles. He smiled as he watched her, she totally focused on it. Then he secretly pulled out the small maroon box  from his other pocket.

"Waaaa I've done it.” She screamed in joy as she kept clapping her hands. “Oo? What is it? Will.. you.. marry.. me?" She read what's written in it softly, but he still could hear what she was saying. Then he parked the car alongside the road. He got out of the car then walked closer towards her car door. He opened it and then he kneeled down in front of her with a ring on his hand and said, "Will you marry me?"

#

She was so happy at that time as she almost shed tears when he proposed her like that. Maybe it's not the most romantic wedding proposal ever, but for her it's the most romantic thing that he did, remembering what kind of guy he was. It's the sweetest thing that he did for her and she wouldn't forget it for her whole life.

She smiled, but suddenly tears were escaping from her eyes. She finally realized that she still loved him and always loved him. She missed him.

She realized now that the wedding wasn't just about physical preparations; wedding parties, hair, or clothes fitting. She realized that she should focus as much on her spiritual preparations as she do on the technical preparations. And at a time like now, it's the time for her self-refinement, self-reflection and honesty. And not the time to argue or being immature like she did these days. And she felt really sorry towards him. She was truly sorry.

Then she took her phone and typed a text message for someone. /I am sorry. I can’t accept your heart. Thanks for all your kindness towards me. I am sorry once again./

Message sent.

#

 

Friday at Yoona’s office, 12.05 pm, two months before the wedding

“Yoona, you get a package.” She heard a Sooyoung’s loud voice echoed in the room, making her instantly turned towards her.

“What package?” She asked her back, feeling confused, because as long as she remembered, she didn’t order anything from online shop this month.

“I don’t know. Just look at it by yourself.”

She walked closer to her table and found a small package and a card with ‘To : My dearest Yoona’ written in it. She sat in her seat and began unwrapping it. Then she discovered a DVD with a note ‘open it!!’ on its cover. She put the CD in her laptop and pressed the play button.

At first she didn’t see anything and it’s all black, but then suddenly a familiar faced appeared from its screen.

‘Hi Honey,.opps..wait a minute.’ She saw him smiling, but then a black color appeared again. She could only hear his voice and saw the camera that kept moving. ‘My face surely looks big right now. Ah okay. It’s better now.’ She saw his face back to her screen. ‘Welcome to Luhan’s self-camera, teet terereeet terereeet. Woooooooo. Ah thank you very much for your cheers.’ He looked at his left and right, smiled proudly as he waved his hand as if he was a king or prince or something like that. Then he turned his face back to the camera. ‘Hmm.. I know you’re still mad at me but please please don’t stop this video. Today, I deliberately take an absence from my work and made some lies to my boss, to record this video special for you. And guess what? Now, I am visiting our memorable places. Do you remember this?’ He moved the camera right and left, up and down, and it showed a blue sky and locks everywhere. ‘Yes, I am at Namsan Tower, the first place that we visited on our first date as an official couple. I tried to find our lock of love, but I couldn’t find it. I am sorry for that.You know that I am not a conscientious person, don’t you? I still remember at that time, you persistently wanted to keep the key and didn’t want to throw it away as you reasoned that if we break up, you want to unlock it. And so I have to tell you a million times that it’s part of the event to ensure we keep our vows to never separate.’ He chuckled. ‘I missed the childish you.’ He sighed. ‘Okay now let’s move to the next stop, Han River.’ He moved his camera again to let her see that he was already in Han River. ‘It’s the place that we often visited when we’re still a young couple. You always say that you want me to confess my love in here and you always give me a hint that you want to be proposed in Han River Cruise while enjoying the night view of Seoul, not like the one I proposed to you. And I am sorry for not proposing you like the one you want me to. I also regret it why I have to propose you like that. You must think that ‘it’s so unromantic’.’ He mimicked her. ‘I hope you can understand me like you always do. Yoona, through this video I want to let you know that I really really love you. I want you to know that I always remember everything about you; about us. I miss you so much so I visit all of our memorable places. And I am sorry for making you angry. I am sorry for not being able to understand you. I am sorry for not being able to help and accompany you in preparing everything for our wedding. I am sorry for my childish and unromantic nature. I am so sorry. Can you give me one more chance? If you can, meet me at our secret place, tomorrow seven pm sharp. I’ll wait for you. Now, I have to go. Many people have been looking at me and giving me a ‘what the hell are you doing?’ look. I am so embarrassed right now.’ He slightly whispered. ‘Oh, I hope the next time it’s not Luhan’s self-camera part two, but Luhan and Yoona’s self camera part one. So, goodbye Yoon. Love you. Adios.

She smiled all the time during watching his video. It’s so romantic for her to be honest and it’s something that never ever crossed her mind that he would do something like this. It’s not so him, but some part of that was really a ‘Luhan-style’. Her smile was bigger and bigger as soon as it’s finished. But in between her smile, she was crying.

#

 

Saturday, 07.00 pm, two months before the wedding

Yoona arrived at their secret place precisely at seven pm, as he asked her to. She wore a black sleeveless lace dress with a lurex floral pattern, one of her dresses that Luhan really liked. She only put a simple accessory and a thin make-up, but she looked absolutely stunning. She wandered her eyes to every corner and found him standing near the table while smiling gently at her. She smiled back at him as she walked closer towards him.

“Please have a seat.” He said as he pulled out her chair.

“Thanks.” She said. Then he sat across from her. He smiled warmly and just looked at her for a couple of minutes. And she just looked back at him and enjoyed his gaze, soaking in it.

“I miss you.” She blushed when he said that. She smiled shyly at him and then slightly bowed her head, she couldn’t hold back her shyness.

“I miss you too, Lu.” He smiled again. And then he grabbed both of her hands and squeezed them softly, assuring her that he really really missed her.

“Yoona, I want to say sorry towards you. I am sorry, Yoong. I am so sorry for... “

“For not being able to understand you, for not being able to help and accompany you in preparing everything for our wedding, for being childish and immature, and for making you angry. These are the things you want to say, right? You’ve already said it in your self-making video.” She laughed.

“As expected. You know me so well, Babe. Ah, what is your opinion about my video? It’s cool right?” He leaned closer and raised his brows several times, teasing her.

“It’s quite decent.” She deliberately answered his question nonchalantly.

“Can you just say ‘it’s cool. It’s really cool, Lu’ instead of ‘it’s quite decent’? You don’t how much effort that I put into it.”

She only let out a chuckle when she saw him pouted his lips. She stood up from her chair and walked closer to his chair. Then she hugged him from behind and whispered “Thank you so much, Lu. It’s the second romantic thing that you have done for me.”, right in his ear.

“What’s the first?”

“The most romantic thing is your wedding proposal.” She let go of her hug and winked at him.

“Ah, I have something for you. And this will be the most romantic thing that I do for you and you’ll fall in love with me once again.” He raised from his chair and walked closer to the piano that located not far from their table. “It’s special for you.” Then he started to play it and the song that he chose was ‘Marry Me’ by Yoonhan. Tears slowly trickling down her cheek; she tried to wipe it away but it didn’t stop trickling down. And a blissful smile never left her face. She stared at him lovingly as he played it and he would look back at her, giving her the most loving smile. And after he finished playing the song, he walked closer towards her and stopped right in front of her.

He grabbed both of her hands, looked at her right in the eyes, and then he said “I promise to do my best to make you happy, Baby, will you marry me?”

Tears still didn’t stop trickling down her cheeks, but she managed to give him her best smile and said. “I will.” Then he hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead softly. He looked at her lovingly and she also couldn’t take her eyes out of him. He slowly leaned his body and as he reached her lips, he closed his eyes. He kissed her. She could feel his soft lips touch hers. She soon closed her eyes and responded his kiss. It was sweet and gentle and it felt like it’s their first kiss. After about one minute, they broke the kiss. They stared at each other and smiled, but then he kissed her again, and this time it’s a deep and passionate kiss.

“It becomes the most romantic one, right?” He asked her as they walked side by side, holding hands.

“Hmm.. I don’t think so. Your singing ruined everything.” She stuck out her tongue. And then she laughed and began to run, leaving him behind.

“Yaa.. Yoona. I’ve been taking a vocal lesson these days, you know?” 

#

 

Autumn, 7 October 2010, D-day

Luhan was standing at the end of the aisle, waiting for the bride to come. He was really nervous right now. He took a deep breath several times and sometimes he was fidgeting his fingers. He was feeling slightly anxious as the thought ‘does she change her mind? Will she run away and leave me behind?’ crossed his mind. He silently sent million prays to God to not let it happen and he promised that he would become a more spiritual individual if God granted his wish. And a long-awaited moment was coming. The door opened and the song was played, Everyone stood up from their seat to respect the bride. And then he saw her, walking down the aisle with her Dad. He couldn’t stop staring at her, he was really amazed by her. She was really beautiful and stunning, absolutely glowing. She had always been beautiful, but today was the day she was the prettiest. And then the ceremony began. They exchanged the vows and rings and finally the priest said, “I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

Then they turned their body towards each other. He opened the veil and smiled , and then he leaned in and kissed her. The kiss was so different from their other kisses; it’s much sweeter and it felt like their lips were perfectly fit for each other. Loud cheers could be heard from the entire room as they broke the kiss and smiled to each other.

And now they’re a husband and wife. They were so happy, really really happy. Finally after almost seven years they’ve been in a relationship, after all the hardship they went through these years, their dream came true; got married and became husband and wife.

“Congratulations, Im choding. You’ve become a wife right now. So stop being immature.” Yuri said.

“I think you have to say it to him. He’s much more immature than me.” She laughed as she gave a teasing look to him.

“Luhan, you have to take care of her well, okay? Don’t you dare to hurt my baby Yoong.” Sooyoung glared at him jokingly.

“I will. I won’t let her hurt. I promise.” He said as he looked at Yoona.

“Woooo Luhan. You’ve changed, huh?” Xiumin nudged his chest playfully, but it still made Luhan let out an ‘ouch’.

Then suddenly in between their laughter, Yoona felt nauseous and felt an urge to puke. She clutched her stomach and quickly closed when the feeling to throw up reached .

“Yoong, what happen to you?” Yuri asked her, feeling worried.

“Oh My God, that must be my baby.” Luhan said.

"WHAAAAAAAAT?” 

 

***

 

Author's note : So this is the last part. OMG, it's too long, right? You're bored, aren't you? I am so sorry :(. I know it's too long, but I can't help it (it seems like I cut the first part too short). I know this story is really so-so. I just want to try writing a story. I hope that I'll get better for the next story. I hope you can give your comment for this story. I want to know if it's bad or boring or anything TT. Thank you so much for reading this story :)

 

P.S I don't know anything about any types of drink and about getting drunk, so I am really sorry if it doesn't make sense. And then about Luhan who kept changing his pet names for yoona, it's his style :).