Part I

The Wedding Jitters

Part One

 

Yoona and Luhan had been in a relationship for almost seven years. They first met in college, 2004. Although their first meeting didn’t leave a good impression at all, but it’s the thing that brought them together. They’ve been known as a campus couple in their college, but unfortunately it’s not a sweet, loving, admired campus couple that people always imagined of. It's very far from that. They often argued over small things, mainly childish things. And in just one day, they could quarrel for almost three times and all of their friends wouldn’t be amazed by that, because they already used to it. Until now, their friends really had no idea why they could be in a relationship and still together until now. And they still couldn’t believe that they would tie a knot in only three months from now. It’s not like they didn’t want them to be together; it’s just they couldn’t imagine what would happen if they were married, remembered that they constantly argued over little matters. In their eyes, Yoona and Luhan were two people with really different characters, though from the outside they had something in common; loud and childish, but it’s not helping at all. Yoona was a woman who strong from the outside, but actually very fragile on the inside. She was the type of woman who would be touched over small things. She always had this sort of fantasy about what would her life be; meeting her romantic prince in lovely ways, falling in love with him, getting married with him, and then happily ever after together forever with him. But the reality was so far from the one that she imagined. The first meeting with Luhan wasn’t romantic at all; if in many books or dramas the male and female lead met in the library and inadvertently they hold the same book and then the male lead would let her to take the book instead of him because he was dazed by her beauty, and the female lead would be touched by that, then finally they fell in love with each other; her first meeting with Luhan was totally opposite of that. The reality was she and he met in the cafeteria and they were fighting over food, their favorite food to be exact. Yes, it’s so ridiculous. But the most ridiculous thing was if you thought that Luhan would give the food to her, you were definitely wrong, he didn’t let her take it at all. He even made up a million reasons to persuade her to let him take the food. Of course she didn’t let it happen. So the end of the story was they were quarrelling over food. Not falling in love with each other, but falling in hate with each other. And that’s how childish and absurd their first meeting was.

 

If to her, their first meeting was totally unromantic, Luhan was an unromantic guy as well. He was so childish and always ruined their romantic moments with oh-not-so-funny and silly jokes. He was the type of person that always oversimplified the problems. He was never serious at all, except in two conditions; in front of his Dad and when he was concentrating on eating his food. And these were the things that made her annoyed with him. She didn’t expect him to always be romantic all the time or serious or even changed all of his attitudes, she only hoped that he could understand and know when he was expected to be serious or romantic. Otherwise in Luhan’s eyes, Yoona was a type of person that would make the problem harder than it looked. Sometimes in his point of view, while handling only a small matter, she was overly serious because she always expected herself to be perfect. And this was the spot where their problems were laid.

 

But no matter what their friends think about them, for both of them their opposite characters were the things that brought them together. Maybe Luhan wasn’t her prince charming that proposed her in a romantic way and Yoona wasn’t a very understanding woman who would accept him no matter what kind of person he was, but how could they accept each other’s weaknesses with an open heart was the most important and admirable thing. Quarrelling and arguing were two things that always happened and surrounded them in their relationship, but these were the things that made them understand more about each other. They became a more mature individual through these little and memorable arguing. Like she had once said ‘Maybe my relationship with Luhan isn’t something that I always imagine of, but it’s the thing that makes it more memorable. In relationship with him it’s like riding a roller coaster, it has its ups and downs, but it is so addicting. And I enjoy it.’

#

 

July 2010, 10.00 pm, Three months before the wedding

Yuri was in the middle of watching her favorite drama when she heard a sound of her apartment’s door being opened by someone. She didn’t bother to rise from her seat to check who it was because she already knew that’s Yoona, her best friend who stayed together with her at this apartment. She could hear she was calling her name from in front of the door with her loud voice; it’s her habit every time she just came in to the apartment. She knew her so well because she has been staying with her for almost three years.

“Yul.. Are you at home?” Yoona called Yuri’s name out loud as she let go of her shoes from her foot and change it to home slippers.

“Yes, I am already home.” She replied Yoona absently. She was so immersed in watching the last episode of her favorite drama, so she simply replied her casually just with that and didn’t bother to ask any question. Yoona knew that she must be watching her favorite drama just by hearing her answer just now. She straightly made her way to the kitchen to drink some water and put down her bag on the dining table as she was walking pass by it then she marked her way to the sofa and sat beside Yuri. On the other hand, Yuri didn’t realize that Yoona was already sitting next to her because she was completely focused on watching the scene in the drama where the male and female lead was sharing a kiss.

“Yaa, Yul. You’ll catch many flies in your mouth if you don’t close it right away.” She said before she drank her orange juice. But, Yuri didn’t give her a response at all. So she just shrugged it off and letting Yuri to drown on her own fantasy. Then she heard a beep sound from her cell phone and Luhan’s name was popped out of its screen. She opened it and read the text message, ’Babe, are you already at home?’. But she didn’t reply his message and just continued watching the drama.

“It’s so sweet.” Yuri squealed her body after that last episode was finished. Then she tilted her head and saw Yoona was already sitting beside her with orange juice in her hand. “Oh, you”re here?”

“Yes, I am. I am already sitting beside you for the whole last scene. Do you want some?” She said as she stretched her hands, offering her orange juice to Yuri.

“No, thanks. Ah by the way, why do you always come home late these past few days?”

“I have a lot of work to do and the deadline was coming nearer. Besides, I should have finished all of my work if I want to take more absences for my wedding and honeymoon.” She said while leaning her body to the sofa.

“Until this late?” Yuri asked her back.

“Most of the time, yes it is. But sometimes I eat with my friend first before I come home.” She grinned.

“Who is your friend? Male or female? And do you know how dangerous it is at night when you’re in the street or public transportation? Moreover, when you’re alone?” She asked her again with her eyes glued to her. Yoona was so amazed by what Yuri said just now because it made her realized how caring she was towards her.

“Wow wow wow, chill out Yul. I’ll tell you everything.” She saw Yuri took a deep breath and then fanning herself. But before she could continue her talks, Yuri’s phone was ringing. Then her eyes were directed to her and said, “It’s Luhan.” She was so shocked when she heard Yuri said Luhan’s name. Her eyes bugged out and was opened widely. She instantly stood up from her seat. Then before she could say anything to her, she already picked up the call from him.

“Yes, Luhan? This is Yuri. What’s up?” Then she heard Yuri mentioned her name. “Oh Yoona. She.. She..” Yuri looked at her and then mouthed ‘He asked what time you arrive at home. What should I say?’ Then she whispered back to her while giving out some body languages to make it clearer ‘Tell him I arrive at seven and now I already sleep.’ Yuri's eyes grew bigger this time after what she heard Yoona's words, but then she did what she was told of. “She arrived at seven, but now she’s already asleep.” Then she paused for a while. “I don’t mind at all. Ok bye.” After she hang up her phone, she looked at Yoona with a questioning expression. “Im Yoona, what are all of this about? What’s going on?”

She sighed a bit then she took a seat and leaned back to the sofa.“I don’t know Yul. I am so confused right now. Actually, Luhan already texted me before he called you and he asked the same question like he asked to you. But, I didn’t reply his message.”

“And why is that so?” Yuri couldn’t wait any longer to hear her explanations.

“Truthfully, he doesn’t know at all that I always come home late these past few days. I’ve been hiding it from him because he will ask many questions and will be overprotective of me if he knows about this. And I don’t want it to happen. And if he knows that I have a male friend that always accompany me every time I am back from work, I’ll be dead for sure. He becomes more protective these days as our wedding is getting nearer.” She let out a heavy sigh.

“What? Wait, a male friend? Who? Don’t tell me he’s also the one who eat with you after work?”

“His name is Sehun. He was a new employee at my office, but I immediately close to him. I don’t know why but we become a close friend so fast. We often hang out together, but it’s not always just the two of us, we also hang out with our other friends from work.”

“Yoong, don’t tell me you..you are..” She instantly closed with both of her hands, didn't want to continue her words. Feeling afraid as if it might be true.  

“What? Falling in love with him? Absolutely not. Interested with him? Hmm slightly. He’s two years younger than me, but he’s very mature. He’s so different from Luhan and that’s why I find him interesting. Moreover, I see him more often compare to Luhan. And.. I.. I don’t know. Lately, he’s showering me with his caring attitude and sometimes it makes my heart fluttered a bit. Oh no, what should I do Yul? I am so confused.” She slightly bowed her head and covered her face with both of her hands. Yuri sat closer to her and patted his head lightly.

“Don’t allow yourself to be confused. Remember that you already have Luhan and only Luhan in your life, in your heart. And remember that you’ll marry him three months from now.” She didn’t say anything after she heard the words that Yuri said just now. She knew perfectly that Yuri was right and she fully understood that it was the thing that she should do, but it looked like it wasn't as easy as it seemed.

#

 

August 2010, 02.00 pm, Two months before the wedding

Today was the day when Luhan and Yoona could spend their time together and went on a romantic date. It’s Saturday and it’s the only day in a week that they had time for each other. Luhan was so busy with his work and so was Yoona. He often went overseas as well, so sometimes they only had Saturday as their time and they would charged themselves on Sunday to get ready to work for the next day. So they would utilize this day to see each other, share all of the things that happened days before, and talk about their wedding preparations as their wedding was getting nearer.

“Babe, how’s your day? What about your work?” He asked her as he glanced at her while keeping his hands on the steering wheel, driving.

“It’s so tiring. And I have piles of work that should have been finished at the end of this month. So, I’ve been working overtime these past few days.” She ran her slender fingers through her hair and let out an exasperated sigh. He gave her a concerned look, then he her hair lightly with his right hand. “Be strong, Babe. I know you can do it.” Then he gave her a gentle smile, yet it gave her a mischievous feeling.

“Wait? Does it mean that you have to come home and take a public transportation by yourself late at night?”

She hastily tilted her head to her right side, avoiding his face. ‘Oh My God, what should I say to him?’. Then she turned her head towards him and let out an awkward grin.

“Yes, but everything is fine. There are still many people who use public transportation when I get home. No need to be worried.”

“But, it’s not what I mean. You’ll never know what will happen to you. You’re a woman, a beautiful woman, so the possibility to get into dangerous things is bigger. And I don’t want you to come through this. I wish that I could take you home every day. Ah, how about you get a car?”

“I know. I’ll be more careful, I promise. And about getting a car, unfortunately I can’t. You do know I don’t have a talent at all in driving.” She pouted her lips. Then she bowed her head slightly and played with her own fingers.

"Yes, I know it very well Babe. Even, you can't play a racing car game at all. You'll end up as a loser. You really at it." He laughed wholeheartedly. She glared at him as she hit his forehead, making him instantly rubbed his head and looking at her in disbelief. "Wow, what is that for?"

"It's for making me annoyed." She said while folding her hands.

"What? But, it's the fact. You can't play it at all, can you? Why are you getting angry because of this?" He scoffed.

"You laughed at me. And I don't like that. Besides, you should comfort me for not able to drive and not laugh at me. You should give me some cheering or something like that. Or you could give an offer to teach me how to drive."

"But .."

"Don't start this Luhan. I don't want to ruin our date."

"I .."

"Just.. Stop.. Talking." She cut his words once more. She really didn't want to argue with him right now, though it's actually already happened. So she looked away from him, staring at the road through the window.  Then an awkward silence filled up the whole atmosphere inside the car. Luhan tried to loosen up the tension by singing a bit of her favorite song softly, but she didn't budge at all. So he stopped his action, afraid that she would get angry again if he continued his singing. He glanced at her several times, trying to catch a glimpse of her face. He wanted to know if she was still angry or not. But then he couldn't hold in this awkward silence anymore, so he said, "Hmm.. Babe, are you on your period?" He's trying to change the mood, but sadly what he got was another glaring from her. He quickly turned his head back to the front and kept on driving, avoiding her annoyed face and glaring eyes.

"Well, I think she is." He whispered to himself.

#

 

The same day, 03.00 pm, Two months before the wedding

They already arrived at their favorite restaurant in Yeoksam area. Actually, they should be at the boutique now for fitting their wedding attire, but because Luhan couldn't hold on his hunger, they decided to eat first and went to the boutique after that.

They sat at their usual table which was located on the outside of the restaurant and near the garden. Luhan was the one who ordered the food this time, because Yoona was still on her silent mode, and he ordered their favorite food; sushi. After the waiter had left their table, he let out a small whistle as he watched Yoona made herself occupied by looking at the menu.

"Are you still mad at me?" She stopped looking at the menu and diverted her eyes to him when she heard his question.

"What do you think?" She answered him with another question and then she went back looking at the menu.

'I should answer her question with the right words.' He thought. Then he leaned forward and grabbed both of her hands, making her face turned towards him.

"I know you're still mad at me. I am so sorry for laughing at you like that. Will you please accept my sincere apology? Hmm? My alligator princess?" She laughed out loud as soon as she heard he said 'alligator princess'. He laughed along with her, feeling relieved that her anger already disappeared.

"As expected. You're on your period. Your mood will change in every five minutes"

"Oh shut up Lu." But this time, she wasn't angry at all.

 

In just 10 minutes, the mouth-watering sushi already arrived in front of their eyes. He jumped onto the food and began to concentrate on eating, as she had predicted, he would become a serious guy at a time like this. She didn't comment anything and followed him eating the delicious sushi. At times like this, which was eating, they would never ever quarrelling or arguing; it's their promise, because food was the most important thing for both of them. So, if they wanted to argue in the middle of eating food, they had to wait until they finished eating the food.

"Lu, have you take a look at our wedding invitation that I've mailed to you three days ago?" She asked him after they had finished all the food.

"I haven't. I have a lot of work to do, so I forget to check it. Is there something wrong?"

"What? You haven't seen it? You should have taken a look at it Lulu Honey. Do you know what? The color of our invitation is different from the one we asked for. And the font is different as well. Besides, its quality is really terrible." She leaned back to her seat, pouted and then folded her hands.

"Hmm.. Babe. I think it's not a big deal. If the content of it is still understable, I think it's still okay. And what do you mean about the quality? If you mean it's about our photo, as long as they can recognize both of our faces, it's good enough. And I think they'll still recognize us because of our incredible visual, no matter how bad the quality is" He smirked while lifted his brow.

She rolled her eyes and leaned forward right away upon hearing his words. "I know, but the color of the invitation is the color that we deliberately choose to match it up with our wedding theme and it's our favorite color. It's completely different from the one I am hoping for. And you have to see the invitation first before you give your opinion. But I know you'll never have time for that, judging from how busy you are. You're always busy so that I have to prepare everything for our wedding by myself."

"Wait, why this problem is getting bigger? It should be just a simple problem." His tone slightly higher this time.

"That's the problem. You always oversimplify the problem. You always take an easiest and simplest way to solve it. And.. "

"And you always make it harder that it seems. You always want everything to be perfect, including yourself. You're too perfectionist, Yoong. Besides, why we have to take the difficult path if there's still a simple and easy way?"

She looked at him in disbelief and let out a harsh sigh. "Wow, I can't believe you said that. Lu, do you know how hard it is to prepare all of this alone? I want to make everything perfect for our wedding, but it seems like you don't appreciate my effort at all. Now, I just realize how different we are." He was really taken aback when he heard her last words, didn't expect her to say that.

"What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean. You and I are totally opposite. And now this wedding sounds so.. Wrong.." Tears begin to form in her eyes and slowly trickling down her cheeks . She averted her face from him and hurriedly attempted to wipe it away.

"Yoong.. " He tried to grab her hands, but she pulled back both of them and stood up from his seat.

"I want to go home now. I need time to calm down myself." Then she walked away from their table and left him dumbstruck on his seat.

 

***

 

Author's note : So this is the first part. How is it? Is it boring? I am sorry :(. I know it's too long, but i also didn't realize at all. I keep writing and writing and when it's done, I am also surprised that it becomes this long. And about this story, it only consist of two parts. So the next part is the ending. Please anticipate it. I hope you can give your comment for this story. I want to know if it's bad or boring or everything. Thank you so much for reading this story :)