06 BAEKHYUN (MY BYUN BAEKHYUN)

A Minute In Heaven With EXO

“Hey, Baekhyun! Wait up.” I run my way towards the boy, Byun Baekhyun. I have been friends with this dork since God-knows-when and he knows my best stories and I know his. It is quite simple, actually. I mean, our friendship; I like this boy but I also dislike him. There is something weird about him but I sometimes just don’t give a little damn towards it. Well, I guess this is what a true friendship is. Baekhyun is someone who understands me but somehow he is quite annoying and irritating, though. And, I thought maybe that is why I dislike him. He would always tease me about this and that ever since we were little and I guess it goes on till it became his daily habit and he could not stop teasing me especially when it comes to the topic about my huge crush, Kris.
“Hello~~”
Hearing Baekhyun’s voice, I quickly shake my head to erase my thoughts. I turn my head to face him and I could see his goofy grin towards me. I give him a what-the-hell-is-it-right-now look as a respond as seeing his goofy grin makes me want to pinch him hardly on his arm. “Were you day dreaming just now? I bet this time you imagined about him and you, cuddling on the couch. Oh.. So Sweet.” He makes a face at the end of his sentence and I totally get what he is trying to say. He is at it, again. I give him a hard pinch right to his waist which made him screaming like a girl and tells me to stop. I grin evilly and push him away hardly till he eventually falls to the ground. I look to him with a smile of victory before turning around and walk away. But before I could actually step my right foot forward, I heard him, whining in pain.
“Ouch! That hurts.”
I surely did not mean to hurt him so I begin to panic. I turn around to face him again and kneel down towards him. I really did not mean to make him hurt or something in the first place and I am really, really starting to get panic.
“You okay, Baek? I-I’m s-sorry. I-I didn’t mean to. Are you hurt? Baek?” I stutter as I examine him carefully. I did not want to hurt him for the second time now. My whole body is starting to tremble a bit but then, he laughs at me. I gaze up and see he is really laughing and I don’t know why. “You should see your face, ____. You look funny. Sorry, ____ but I’m okay. I’m just joking.” He says while laughing like a maniac. I bite my lips, trying to hold onto my anger. This is why I dislike him. He pulls on a prank to me every single time and I just ‘hate’ him for that.
“C’mon, we better get going before the gate’s closed.” He pulls me up from the ground and we both are running our way to school.

** **                                        

“Baek, stop it!”
I whisper in a low tone while gritting my teeth I anger. I do not want the teacher in front to chase me out of the class right now because of Baekhyun. Surely, he is going to get a black eye from me later and I cannot wait for break time. Baekhyun is sitting right behind me along with Chanyeol, his friend while I sit right next to my huge crush, Kris.
“Baek, please stop it now.”
I swear I am going to break his neck after this, he is pulling my hair and each time I told him to stop, he would be giggling with his so-called-friend right behind me. I really, really hate this kind of situation. And.. He is pulling my hair, again. I roll my eyes in annoyance and quickly turn to the back to face him when the teacher is not looking, saying through gritted teeth,
“Just stop it already!” Before turning around to face the front, I give Baekhyun a death glare as if I am telling him that I am going to ‘kill’ him after this. I really want to choke that kid.
I guess Baekhyun gets it by now since he finally stops doing such a thing but I am still going to give him a ‘present’.
A few minutes passed and I am starting to get bored with the lesson and sleepy. I yawn at least 4 or 5 times in boredom and I am surely starting to doze off. I close my eyes for a minute and I feel like my chair is moving. But I ignore it. And it moves forward again. I open my eyes and heard Baekhyun calls out my name in a whisper from the back. I let out a sigh and close my eyes again but he does not give up. He keeps on kicking my chair and I do not like the way it is right now. I am trying to sleep for awhile but that dork is disturbing me.
“____. ____!”
I bite my lips and grit my teeth. I do not think I could hold onto my anger any longer. And… I explode.
“WHAT?!”
I guess I scream too loud that the teacher stops on whatever he is talking about right now. Everyone’s eyes are on the both of Baekhyun and me but I do not give a little damn to them because I want to finish this thing with him. I throw my pen towards him and it hits his head hard before taking my seat but I eventually fall to the ground as Baekhyun pulls my chair away. My hurts like hell but nobody wants to offer me a hand instead they laugh. My face flushes red in anger. I quickly stands up and am about to kick my own so-called-best-guy-friend before the teacher interrupts,
“Enough!”
The teacher shouts at us and we both look to her in front. He points out to the door and says sternly,
“Get.Out.From.My.Class.”
My eyes widen in shock. I really did not expect this to happen. I want to speak up and defend myself but Baekhyun acts first by grabbing my arm and drag me towards the door. I try to pull my arm off his grip but my woman strength is not a match with his.

** **

“Sorry.” That is all he says. He eventually decides to apologize when we are standing in front of the class right now and for the first time in my lifetime history, I, ____, get punish by the teacher for no valid reason and all I could put the blame on is my own best guy friend, Byun Baekhyun.
“Oh yeah? Sorry? Like.. Thanks a lot to you, Baek. I got punished for the first time in my life. You know that?” I reply in annoyance, I really do not have the feeling to speak with him right now. I look to him half-heartedly as he opens his mouth to utter a word but I stop him by saying,
“Seriously, Byun Baekhyun, how could you? You messed up and all you did was apologize? Do you think that’s enough after all this mess? Are you really my best friend? Are you? Well, I don’t think so because you ar—“
My eyes widen in surprise as his lips touch mine. I did not know what to do but all I did was letting his lips on mine and I did not push him or anything. I just let him do what he wants because I just do not know what else to do. Then, he pulls away from the kiss and eyes me. I hang my head down low as I do not want to have any eye contact with him. I touch my lips and my mind goes blank. My first kiss. What just happened?
I courage myself and gaze up to meet his stares. “W-What was that?” I stutter, my dry lips and exhale a breath. I do not know why but my heart is beating so fast right now. He smiles to me and says, “I’ve always wanted to do that, you know. And, I hate it when you tell me about that guy. Well, you know, your huge crush. I always wish I could be like him because you always have your eyes on him. You only look at him till you didn’t realize that I’ve been here all along with you. I mean, why can’t you see? I’m the one who always be there for you. I know everything about you. But, you.. You, ____.. You didn’t notice what I’ve sacrificed for you. Why? Just why can’t you see how much I like you? How much I love you. How much I adore you. And.. how much I need you. Why, ____? Why?”
I found myself crying and I do not know why I cry. Baekhyun cups my face in his hands and lifts up my face to look at him. He wipes the tears away and he kisses my eyes, whispering, “Don’t cry.”
I close my eyes and open them again. I should have known. Why am I so stupid? Why can’t I see him? I pull Baekhyun in a hug and bury my face in his chest. I could hear his heart beats clearly. Now, I know he is saying the truth. I break the hug and glance to him. I tip toe and plant a peck to his cheek.
“I did not send the both of you out here to be hugging each other!”
Baekhyun and I look away and see the teacher. “Principal’s office. NOW!”
Baekhyun holds my hand in his and we both run as fast as we can to escape or maybe skip school for today.
“Where are we going?” I ask as we managed to get out of the school. Baekhyun gives me a slight shrug and says,
“I hope you don’t mind for a first date.” He takes my hands and walks me to our first date as a couple.
And I think, this is the best moment I have ever experienced.