Chapter 4

0330 (version 2)

          “ Hyeon ah, “ Dong Ho’s mum called. “ Stay for dinner tonight, okay? Ask your parents to come over too. “

          In the end, Dong Ho’s mother had interrupted the chase, lecturing Dong Ho for chasing a girl just because of cookies.

“ I can make cookies for you whenever you want. Just give the whole packet to her. Be a gentleman! “ Dong Ho’s mum had said, causing Hyeon Ju to laugh at him. He tickled her after that and they called for a truce due to exhaustion.

“ I’ll continue next time. “ Dong Ho warned.

 

          That night, the two families gathered in Dong Ho’s house and ate a wonderfully delicious meal done by Dong Ho’s mum, along with help from Hyeon Ju’s mum too. The dads did nothing but chat with each other, reminiscing the old times they had together when they were young. Dong Ho and Hyeon Ju’s dads were best friends studying in the same university. What a coincidence that their kids were now best friends too!

“ We’re truly lucky to have such amazing wives that are great cooks! “ Mr. Shin praised, making the two women smile in delight.

“ Of course, of course. “ Mr. Kim agreed along with him.

“ Thank you for the food! “ Dong Ho and Hyeon Ju chorused.

“ Dig in! “ Mrs. Shin said and the dads took the food first as they were the oldest. Heh.

 

“ Dong Ho, wash the dishes with Hyeon Ju, will you? “ Mrs. Shin wiped her hands on the kitchen towel after setting the dishes into the sink. The food was finished in record time- it simply was too good.

“ Sure. “

“ Hyeon Ju! You’re on for duty! “ Mrs. Kim called out.

“ What duty? “ Hyeon Ju appeared from the dining room.

“ Dish washing. Do it well, okay? Make sure they are clean. No inappropriate behavior! “ Mrs. Kim joked, leaving the two kids behind feeling flustered.

 

“ Sorry about my mum. She makes… weird jokes sometimes. “ Hyeon Ju smiled awkwardly and Dong Ho tried to laugh it off.

“ No problem, she’s just trying to be funny. I’ll pour you a cup of water, okay? Do the dishes well~ “ He tried making an excuse to skip the chore but failed to slip away.

“ Dong Ho. “ Mrs. Shin stopped him with a warning tone. “ Don’t make me wake you up early  tomorrow morning to sweep the house. “

Dong Ho gulped and went back to Hyeon Ju’s side obediently.

“ Hah. What a fail. “ Hyeon Ju teased and splashed soap water onto Dong Ho.

“ Meh. Whatever. “ He took the dishes and started to rinse them with water before passing it on to Hyeon Ju to apply soap.

Ten minutes passed by with neither of them talking. Suddenly, Dong Ho had an idea. He secretly scooped some soap bubbles and started going near Hyeon Ju.

One step. Hyeon Ju hadn’t noticed anything.

Two steps. Hyeon Ju still didn’t realized it yet.

Three steps. Four. Fi-

“ What are you trying to—“ She stopped mid-sentence after seeing how close Dong Ho was to her. She gulped unconsciously. Dong Ho realized that his face was too close to hers too. His heart would not be able to take it anymore if he were to step closer. He snapped out of his thought of the chance of kissing her “accidently” and covered it up with a smirk. He tapped her nose with his hand that was full of bubbles.

Hyeon Ju bit back a yelp. So that was his motive.

“ Dong Ho… “ Hyeon Ju growled dangerously and Dong Ho smiled.

“ Uh oh. “ He washed his hands and sprayed water onto her face before making a run. She stopped him by grabbing him by his sleeve with her soapy hands and smeared some bubbles onto his cheek.

“ AH! “ Dong Ho cried and Hyeon Ju laughed.

“ That’s for putting bubbles- “ She could not finish her sentence as he put bubbles on both of her cheeks.

“ DONG HO! “ She screamed and he laughed.

They fought a little more before their mums came in to stop the fight to prevent the kitchen from getting into a mess.

“ Aigoo, you two. “ Mrs. Shin shook her head in slight amusement. “ Go change before you get sick. “ The both of them were wet from the soapy fight. Mrs. Kim gave her daughter a little glare before Hyeon Ju smiled innocently and followed Dong Ho up the stairs.  

          The two mums had no choice but to finish off the dishes for their kids while chatting to each other at the same time.

 

A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates. I had an impromptu trip. :P