Chapter 5

0330 (version 2)

          “ That was fun. “ Hyeon Ju laughed as she entered Dong Ho’s room. “ Can I borrow a shirt from you? I’ll just continue wearing my shorts since they’re not wet from the soap fight. “

Dong Ho mumbled a yeah and searched his wardrobe for a shirt that could fit his best friend.

“ My shirts are… big. The smallest I could find is this. Here. “ He threw the shirt over to her and she caught it.

“ It’s fine. Thanks. Now turn around and search for yours too. Don’t turn around, okay? I’ll be changing. “ Hyeon Ju said and Dong Ho immediately turned, pretending to flip through his wardrobe. A girl changing in a boy’s room? He shook away any dirty thoughts forming.

          Dong Ho simply yanked out a shirt and turned around, forgetting that Hyeon Ju was changing. He caught a glimpse of her stomach as she pulled the shirt down and his mouth dropped open.

“ HEY! Did you just peek?! “ Hyeon Ju yelled at him, noticing him staring.

“ , I’m so sorry. I forgot. I- nevermind. Now will you turn around? I’ll be changing too. “ Dong Ho nearly stuttered.

“ Why not you turn around? I’m too lazy. “ Hyeon Ju smirked.

“ Fine. If that’s what you want. “ Dong Ho then took off his shirt right in front of her and she gasped, looking away.

“ I told you to turn around, didn’t I? “ Dong Ho returned a smirk and she cursed.

“ Jerk. “

“ I heard that. “ He laughed a little and opened the door. “ Ladies first? “ He held the door open, waiting for his best friend to walk out but she didn’t move.

“ Ladies first? “ He repeated, this time with an eyebrow raised.

“ Can we just stay in here and talk? I’m too lazy. “ Hyeon Ju smiled at him innocently like what she did to her mum just now and he sighed.

“ You’ll get fat. “

“ It’s okay. “ She gestured for him to lie down beside her on the bed.

“ Are you serious? My bed’s only queen size. “ Dong Ho tried to hint that it might be a little too awkward.

“ Hold on. “ Hyeon Ju stood up and adjusted his shirt on her. It fell loosely below her shorts so it looked like she was only wearing an oversized shirt. His jaw nearly dropped on her great figure.

How could I never notice it? He thought.

“ Done. “ She lied back down on the bed. Apparently, she didn’t get the hint. Dong Ho cleared his throat and went to his wardrobe again, searching for pants that Hyeon Ju might be able to wear. Nothing could fit her as it was all too big.

“ Hyeon Ju, you might want to consider tucking in your shirt. “ Dong Ho suggested.

“ What? What for? “ She seemed confused.

Damn this innocent girl.

“ Guys. They have hormones. “ He tried to make it sound obvious.

“ What-oh. “ Hyeon Ju realized what he was trying to say and threw a pillow at him. “ You dirty-minded bastard. “ She sat up on the bed. “ Don’t think too much. Come sit down. “ She ordered and all Dong Ho could do was just sigh.

“ Just. Give me a minute. “ Hyeon Ju groaned.

“ What again? “ Dong Ho muttered. He turned to see Hyeon Ju pulling out the rubber band from her ponytail only to find that it broke.

“ Darn it. “ Hyeon Ju cursed. “ Do you have an extra rubber band? Something that can hold my hair up? “

Dong Ho was hit by an overwhelming scent of vanilla. Or was it lavender?

“ Dong Ho. “

“ Uh. What? “ He snapped out from his trance.

“ A rubber band. Do you have a spare? “ It took Dong Ho a while to focus.

“ No. Do I look like I’m a girl? “ Dong Ho rolled his eyes.

“ Aren’t you one? “ Hyeon Ju acted shock.

“ Hey. “ He threw a pillow at her. “ Just leave your hair down then.”

“ Okay. “ Hyeon Ju seemed reluctant, but she shook her head a little to let it fall freely.

That was when Dong Ho remembered that she seldom let her hair down. Not that it matters anyway but god, she looked prettier today. Maybe even with a little bit of iness? I mean, it was rare that you get to see Kim Hyeon Ju like that. Even Shin Dong Ho seldom see her with her hair down.

“ You look beautiful. “ He muttered aloud, and Hyeon Ju caught it.

She blushed and was beginning to feel a little self-conscious. Or maybe it was more than a little. Okay, it was a lot. She was feeling very self-conscious.

“ You might be able to seduce guys, but that is a little old for me. How many girls out there wear her hair down and tried to show off their long legs and have a nice scent? Oh come on. “ Dong Ho retorted when he found out he was describing his best friend.

Well, that sure brought her confidence down after that “beautiful” comment.

“ Oh, shut up, will you? “ Hyeon Ju grimaced.

Maybe I’m not that pretty to Dong Ho after all. She couldn’t help but feel a little sad.

          Dong Ho realized that maybe what he said was a little harsh.

“ Sorry. I mean, you’re pretty. I mean, you’re not like other girls. You know, you’re my best friend. And um… don’t best friends tease each other? That was supposed to come out as a joke. “ Dong Ho sighed in frustration. He was pretty bad at explaining stuff today.

He decided to not talk anymore when he felt an awkward pat on his head.

“ That’s… okay. “ Hyeon Ju had a little awkward smile fixed on her face and Dong Ho gave a soft smile. She really was pretty. He was probably falling harder for her now. Truth to be told, he hadn’t expect her to do anything about it.

Dong Ho took her hand and gave a little squeeze.

“ Thanks, best friend. “

“ N-no problem. Isn’t t-that what best friends do? “ She stuttered.

Oh my gosh what is this. Is Dong Ho holding my hand? She took her hand away from his grasp and cleared .

“ Let’s talk. About school stuff. Did anyone else confess to you? “ Hyeon Ju lifted her eyebrows, waiting for his reply.

“ You curious? “

“ Just asking. “

“ Ah. You must like me then. “

Okay. That was… Dong Ho did not think when that came out of his mouth.

“ What the hell? Dong Ho, are you having fever? “ Hyeon Ju came closer to him, and that scent was stronger. He liked the smell she has. She placed a hand on his forehead.

“ Hmmm. Quite hot. “ She pulled back, only to have her hand yanked forward, making her crash onto Dong Ho, the both of them falling onto the bed.

“ Yes. Maybe I have fever. “ Dong Ho whispered, hands now travelling towards his best friend’s back and hugging her tighter even though she was on top of him. Her face was ridiculously close to his face for the second time that night and Hyeon Ju couldn’t move.

“ Maybe that’s why I find you so hot today. You smell nice. You look great. “ He mumbled random things into her ear.

“ Dong Ho. What are you saying? “ Her heart was beating rapidly, and she was trying to get out of this sudden hug.

“ Dong Ho. I’m serious. What –“ And she was pulled in for a kiss.

At that moment, Hyeon Ju swore the time stopped. Dong Ho brought her to his side, making her lie beside him. They didn’t break the kiss yet. She felt so small in his arms. And yes, Dong Ho was awake. He wasn’t sick- he was sure of that. He didn’t know what made him do this, but it felt like the right moment. And Hyeon Ju wasn’t doing anything to reject him. That meant he was doing it right.

She broke the kiss first and took in huge gulps of air.

“ What. What was that? “ She asked, nearly breathless.

“ That. Was a kiss. “ He pointed out cheekily.

“ Did you do that for fun?! “ She gasped. He laughed and got off the bed, making her sit up and aim to grab him by the sleeve of his shirt but failed.

“ YAH! SHIN DONG HO!! “ She yelled. “ What did you just do?! “

“ We kissed. That’s what we did. “

“ I know. I mean, w-why did y-you do that? “ Hyeon Ju could barely speak. Dong Ho was now sure that she liked him too.

“ You’re cute. “ He ruffled her hair and pinched both of cheeks. She slapped them away.

“ Dong Ho. “ She whined.

“ Yes, princess? “

“ You just totally changed into a new person! “ She still couldn’t properly register what happened.

“ Because I know you like me and I like you too. “ He sat down on the bed and hugged her.

He pulled away to ask her out but at that very moment, the door opened. Mr. Shin’s head appeared from the gap.

“ What was that screaming just now? Dong Ho, did you bully Hyeon? “

“ Nope. No, I didn’t. “ Dong Ho shook his head.

“ I don’t trust you. Say, Hyeon, did he bully you? “ His father asked.

A plan formed in her head and she prevented a smile from forming.

“ Yes! He bullied me! He’s mean! “ She nodded hurriedly.

“ Hyeon Ju! “ Dong Ho gasped.

Hyeon Ju jumped up and ran behind Mr. Shin’s back.

“ Stop bullying her, Dong Ho. Both of you get down to the living room. “

Hyeon Ju didn’t miss the look Dong Ho gave her.

We’ll continue this downstairs.  

 

 

 

 

Hehe. Double update. :)