✯Kim MinSeok✯

✧|ƨ.ʋ.σ.ƨ| Sterile Unless Opened Series✧

I'm Not Sorry

 

The Son of a village's Martial Arts Grandmaster finds himself quickly smitten by a lowly peasant with a dangerous secret, but his problems don't stop with just the task of trying to win her over.
 

 


 

 

I'm Not Sorry
Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.

Theme Song
All I Need - Within Temptation

Genre
Historical, Slice of Life, Relationships, Comedy

Characters
Kim MinSeok & Bang KyungNae [O.C]

Status
In Progress

Word Count
Short story - Approximately 7-12,000 words

 

Start Date
6th November 2013

End Date
--/--/--

Warnings
N/A

 


 

Forewords

 

 

 

April, 1944

The cicada's song filled the pleasant warm air surrounding an average sized village. Famers tended to their crops and cattle as children played without a care, and not far off from that, the melodic twang of a gayageum drifted on the sea breeze. On the outskirts of the settlement - Not even ten minutes walk away - a young brunette lulled under a blossom tree in its later days of bloom by the side of the river. Delicate pink petals floated down onto the half asleep body led on its back while a forearm shielded tired eyes. It was almost forgettable that Korea was still under the annexation of Japan at that time.

Kim MinSeok was the only son of a Tae Kwon Do Grandmaster. He was skipping his chores for a peaceful afternoon snooze, not expecting to be disturbed. But as life had it, he was.

Hearing a splash down in the placid river below the grassy verge where he lay, MinSeok raised his arm from off his eyes. Peeking down at the person that had ducked under the water before he could see who it was, the boy that had his nap disrupted narrowed his brows in wonder. Sitting up, the lazing man shifted onto all fours and crawled over to the edge of the water to make a better inspection.

Emerging from the clear body of water and brushing her hair off her face, the girl bobbing around caught sight of the man staring at her. Flicking her arm up in surprise, the female splashed the lurker and turned around. "What do you think you're doing?"

Wiping the cool water off his face, MinSeok blinked to regain his sight. "What about you?" Pinching the black fabric now clinging to his chest, the boy tutted as he wafted.

"Can't people swim anymore? Is it illegal? Does it bother you?" The girl glowered back over her shoulder with a huff.

"It doesn't bother me personally, no." The brunette slouched back onto his rear and propped up his torso with his elbows resting on the verdant patch of ground.

"Good. Now stop bothering me." Kicking her legs up, the stranger set off at a leisurely pace.

MinSeok grinned as he watched the female outstretch her arms and set of paddling like a frog. "There's water snakes in there, you know?"

Not bothering to turn around, the young woman replied dryly. "I was looking for breakfast."

Eyes trained on the female he'd never seen before, the man quirked his brow cheekily. "We serve food at my house."

Turning onto her back, the girl put her hands behind her head and stared up at the cloudless sky. "It must be nice for you during times like this."

Thinking he'd offended her, the privileged male sat bold up right and shook his hands in defence. "I'm trying to invite you over for lunch."

"I'll get by on snake at that rate, thanks."

"Come one, don't be awkward."

Pausing, the younger girl swam back to the edge tributary. Staring up at her company, the brunette tilted her head and held her hand up for assistance. MinSeok staggered up and reached down to help his new acquaintance up onto the bank. "Thank y---" The man was cut off by a sharp snatch grabbing his wrist. Using her bodyweight, the female dragged the boy into the water without warning. The splash assaulted the stranger and before MinSeok could gather his bearings, the mean girl had already climbed out onto dry land.

Coughing a laugh, the stranger in the soaked frayed shorts and old under-vest placed her hand on her hip. Pointing down at her victim, the brunette dripped. "Serves you right for patronizing me."

"Seonsaengnim!" A screech carried across the openness and both MinSeok and the girl looked over to where the cry had come from. Running like a lunatic down the dirt road while flailing his arms, a younger boy in the same uniform as MinSeok's headed for the pair. "Kim Kwanjangnim - Your Father -  is calling for you!" Bent double, the messenger wheezed through his panting.

Brows narrowing and lips twisting in annoyance, the female that had finished wringing the excess water from her rear length hair growled. "You're the Old Man's son?"

MinSeok wasn't sure what was happening, but he couldn't very well lie now.