✯Kim JongIn✯

✧|ƨ.ʋ.σ.ƨ| Sterile Unless Opened Series✧

Mercy

Moving to a new town is never easy but sometimes it's the only way to move forward. JongIn was looking for a fresh start when he volunteered to help out at the local hospital. He soon finds out that not all of the patients that are under his care are as sweet and charming as the old folks he'd met so far.  
 


 

 

Mercy
Everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about.

Theme Song
Sometimes She Cries - Warrant

Genre
Slice of life, Tragedy, Relationships, Hurt/Comfort, Angst

Characters
Kim JongIn & Park MiKyoung [O.C]

Status
In Progress

Word Count
Short story - Approximately 7-12,000 words

Start Date
6th November 2013

End Date
--/--/--

Warnings
Swearing

 


 

Forewords

 

"We can't thank you enough for this, JongIn Ssi." The Matron held her clipboard close to her chest. Walking steadily down the airy white corridor with her company shyly matching her pace, the grey haired authoritarian sighed. "We're so under-staffed and it's unusual that a boy as young as yourself would offer to volunteer his free time."

The new employee's line of sight danced from the crisp linoleum flooring to the passing garden scenery seen through the stretch of windows on his left. "I needed to do something worthwhile with my time." He thought about his reasons for moving to a new city and taking up a job that required such responsibility.

Keeping her eyes straight ahead on where she was going, the middle aged woman went over the upcoming duties. "As you're not a fully qualified nurse, we'll have you do menial tasks such as serving food to patients and changing bedding. Is that ok?"

"I'm fine with anything you give me." He told honestly.

"You're a good boy." The Matron slowed her speed-walk down to something a little more comfortable. "But as I just said, we are stretched thin so you may come across one or two difficult patients now and then."

JongIn had his attention snatched by the gentle flutter of classical music playing at a meek volume. Pausing at the door to his right, from which the sweet melody was coming from, the brunette peered through the glass panel a little below his eye level."Who's that?" His tone unknowingly lowered as his eyes scanned over the vast emptiness on the other side of the white security door.

Not even looking through the A4 peephole trying to pass as a window, the Matron lowered her eyes. "One of our long-term stays. The poor girl has been in here since she was seven."

"She looks around my age." JongIn's head shot around to see his employer. "What's wrong with her?"

Truly saddened by that specific patient's situation, the Matron's brows pinched at the misfortune. "She has more than a handful of illnesses, but they're not the real problem." She couldn't even look the boy in the eyes.

Awed by the news, JongIn returned his attention back to the patient inside the immaculate white room. "And she's been in that same room the entire time?" His eyes quickly became fixed on the seated girl's motionless back while she did nothing but watch out of the main window overlooking the hospital grounds.

"She refuses to leave unless it's for an appointment of to take a bath." Taking a step forward, the aged woman patted the newest recruit on the shoulder gently. "Her circumstances are quite unusual..."