Part 1

13 Secret Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Lol! I don't know why my 'oneshot' turned out to be so long...hehe...please enjoy and bear with it!

“S phase is also known as the synthesis phase...this is when the cell undergoes chromosome duplication...” I closed my eyes, too deep in memorizing each line of the sentences inside my Biology book.

“Knock! Knock!” it wasn’t a sound made by the door but it came from someone’s voice and my eyes snapped open. I sighed slowly under my breath for hating the disturbance from anybody especially when I was in the midst of memorizing my favorite chapter!

Clicking my tongue, I knew that I can’t chase away those girls waiting outside my room now because I knew them a little too well to be rude. They were my best friends for a life time after all. So I nodded to myself and closed the thick Biology reference book from Cambridge of almost 500 pages.

“Come in!” I shouted towards the door and within a few seconds, three of my famously noisy unnies burst into my bedroom. They were all grinning down on me while I shot each of them a glare.

“Annyeong, Seo ah! Still trying to be the female version of Albert Einstein?” Sooyoung could smell the dissatisfaction in me when they disturbed my concentration to study so I simply flashed a very sweet smile upon her sarcasm.

“Yes, pray for me then...” I folded my arms across my chest while another two of them, Hyoyeon and Yuri broke out into their ear-wrecking laughter before jumping freely on my bed – acting like they had been here forever.

Well, they were actually because technically, all nine of my friends and I were painfully growing up together so we were like a bunch of sassy siblings without blood tie. Pushing away such an emotional thought like that, I blinked my eyes and pulled down the faded pinkish hair band that was still tying up my long straight hair while I was studying just now.

I turned my body around, looking at my unnies from this chair of my study table but I saw Hyoyeon rolled her dark brown walnut eyes upon my collection of books that blanketed almost the whole bed. She shrugged to me.

“Seriously, Seo ah! Are you going to sleep with all of this?” she snorted while picking a couple of Oxford dictionaries that were nearest to her knees. I chuckled shortly in return but gave her a confident nod and stood up.

“I slept with them already...like, every night?” I answered them truthfully and it was Yuri’s turn to stick out her tongue in my direction.

“That’s enough for study, Seo ah! Today, by crook or by hook, we’re going to drag your out from here and I swear! You hear me, Seo Joohyun! I swear I’m gonna make you sleep without your books!” one of the tallest unnies of mine spoke like a real fierce and determined politician but I simply grinned at her.

“Really? Should I recall how many times you girls vowed to do that but gained nothing except failure??? I can’t leave home right now...exam is just around the corner and I haven’t yet finished studying my mitosis...” I reasoned out to them while slipping my next to Sooyoung on the floor but the Barbie doll that was beside me shot a murderous glare.

“Correction...exam IS around the corner but if it’s on your right, then we’re going to go to your left! So, hell yeah! You’re coming with us!” Sooyoung forced me to, snaking a hand around my neck before she wrestled me closer to her chest.

“Ouch! Ouch! Unnie! I can’t breathe!” I scolded her while coughing loudly but Yuri laughed shortly while watching us before she came to rescue by throwing a pillow towards Sooyoung’s face.

“Quit it, Sooyoung ah...you don’t want the girl to die even before she manages to follow us...” Yuri advised her and I finally released my head from Sooyoung’s firm grip. I groaned to them.

“Speaking of the devil, where are we heading actually?” I shot the question that stuck in my head from the very start they brought up the topic and Hyoyeon smiled in thrill to me. She bit her lips while shifting her mysterious eyes to look at Sooyoung.

Yuri nodded her head as well, signaling for Sooyoung unnie to be the MC in this little talk and so I waited patiently for them to voice out. At last, Sooyoung cleared and zipped off the small sized handbag that she brought with her. I watched in silent as she took out a piece of paper – or card, maybe – that me myself couldn’t be so sure before she turned smiling excitedly to me.

“Here it is! We are going to attend the prom!” she announced happily, clapping her hands in unison with Yuri and Hyoyeon but I narrowed my eyes and grabbed the card away from Sooyoung.

“What??? Prom??? When???” I asked in monotone, not really looking as excited as them but I started browsing detail upon the card until I learnt that the ridiculous dance was going to be tonight! I immediately shook my head and shoved the card back onto Sooyoung’s lap.

“No, unnie...I’m terribly sorry but I’m so not going to go! You guys know me, right? Prom and Seohyun are like...heaven and hell...so yeah, I won’t go...” I rejected them without hesitation but Hyoyeon hissed and instantly jumped off from my bed.

“Oh please, Seo ah...which one is heaven and which one is hell??? You’re the heaven and the prom is hell?? No! You’re going to be dead sorry after you see those lovely books of yours turning into the ashes of hell! So, I don’t care! You.are.coming.with.us!” Hyoyeon muttered the words one by one threateningly to me as she finally reached the floor and grabbed me up by my collar.

She made a gesture like she wanted to attack my face with her fist but I squealed and we ended up wrestling each other on the floor. No, do not misunderstand us. We were always like this but the fight won’t last long. It will just be another amusing memory for us and a subject to be laughed on in the future.

Sooyoung joined us shortly after that, helping Hyoyeon to beat me down but only Yuri was shaking her head in disapproval of our immature attitude. She stayed on the bed, eyeing around my room while her fingers were twisting her woody brown curls but then, she stopped and grinned evilly.

“Un...unnie! Let me go!” I continued struggling with Hyoyeon and Sooyoung without noticing that Yuri had already got out from my bed and she walked over towards my study table. I tried stealing a glance to her way but Hyoyeonnie kept on blocking my sight and I had to get over her first.

Yuri focused her eyes sharply on the little thing that she saw just now. She gave that thing a smirk before picking it up in her hands. Then she flipped open it, browsing through the yellowish pages before she snapped it closes loudly and spun her body around.

“Seohyun ah...may I ask you something?” she questioned sweetly as she waved that thing or precisely a book up in the air so that I can see it clearly.

Hyoyeon and Sooyoung stopped wrestling me and I seized the chance to get on my feet before looking back at Yuri. I hastily fixed my messy hair to be smooth again, nodding.

“Yes...it’s my story book, unnie...why?” even before she asks regarding that book, I already answered her that it was actually my ultimate favorite story book that I read since I was in standard 1. She chuckled to me, back in checking on the pages.

“I know it’s a book, Seo ah...but why on Earth a 22 years old girl is still having the ancient bedtime story book like this huh? Can you just get over it now?” Sooyoung and Hyoyeon rolled over on the floor, breaking into their mad laughter when Yuri mentioned it.

I pouted to them but stepped closer to Yuri and snatched away my legendary Cinderella fairytale book. She rolled her eyes to me and leaned against my study table while crossing her arms. She was still staring on me with that accusing eyes and I shrugged.

“What? I need this book now, okay? It’s important for me to improve my English!” I replied her my excuses but Sooyoung stopped laughing at once and sat up.

“Honestly, Seo ah...you don’t need reference from your old fairytale fiction even if you’re so desperate to learn English! Find something new and latest like...the Twilight or Harry Potter series???” I narrowed my eyes on her when she suggested but Hyoyeon had calmed down too and she got on her again.

“Please...that’s also quiet lame to be called as ‘fresh’ and ‘new’...so why don’t you try the Fallen series, Seo ah??? I heard they’re quiet a masterpiece too...” she told me about her opinion as well but I sighed loudly to them.

“Look, guys...I appreciate all the suggestion but as a beginner like me, I guess I’ll just go for simple reading material like this one...” I explained patiently to them and showed up my Cinderella story book. It was true that I’m the best student in our college and I’m almost good in every course that I took in every semester but there was one thing that bothering me which was my English. I’m at it and I knew that I need an improvement!

Yuri at last let out a chuckle and she took a few steps forward to hug me around my shoulders. We exchanged smile to each other before she snatched the book away from my hand again and I blinked to her.

“Why, unnie?” I asked in confusion but Yuri stuck out a tongue naughtily.

“Everybody in campus is going to know this secret of yours if you don’t wanna come with us to the prom!” she was back in putting up the threat on me again and I groaned in frustration.

“Aish!!! Aigoo!!! Seriously, unnie!!! Why is it so important for all of you to get me there???” I passed around my sharp glare from Yuri, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon but Sooyoung widened her already gigantic eyes to me.

“Because your so called ultimate crush will be there too!!!” I fell completely silent when she pointed out about my crush. I tried opening my mouth but there was no word came out since I was feeling so shy whenever any of my unnies talked about him, my crush.

Yuri narrowed her eyes on me and bit her lips as she closed the gap between our faces and ended up staring too close to my eyes – I could her breath too. I glimpsed up sheepishly to her and quickly looked down to my feet. She laughed at me.

“Guess the charm is working now...so that’s the deal...you’ll be following us so let’s move!” Yuri cheered, followed by Hyoyeon who stood on her feet again and they threw my Cinderella book sadly onto my table back.

I tried to argue, wanting to shout back at them who were now reaching the door to get out but Sooyoung suddenly appeared tall in front of me and she put up one long finger on my lips – stopping me from talking. I blinked my eyes on her.

“You! No more rejecting now...we all doing this for your own good because we don’t want to see you break your heart when your crush is announced as the Prom King later...so shut up and listen to us!” she pulled my hand, dragging me to start walking out but I managed snatching away my Cinderella book with me and we left the room. When the matter came to my crush, I can’t easily say no.

We got into Yuri’s car to drive straight towards my oldest sister, Taeyeonnie’s house but Hyoyeon made a disgusted face once I settled down next to her at the backseats.

“Don’t tell me you’re serious of carrying that old book with you...” she jerked an eyebrow to me but I simply grinned and slammed close the car’s door.

“Yes, I am very serious...just let this book by my side and I won’t argue about anything else with you girls...” I promised them, hugging the Cinderella book close to my chest. Then I saw Yuri was smirking cunningly to me before putting on her tinted sunglass.

“You better keep your words, Seo ah because I don’t think you’re going to like of whatever the plan we will be doing for you after this...” she warned me but I pouted and looked sideway to Hyoyeon. She patted me once on my lap.

“It’s too late to regret it now...” she sang playfully and we drove over to Taeyeon’s.

A Thousand Years (Part 2 version) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RbcR_KSRB8

You and Me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzJikUFVxes

(Do listen to these songs when you're reading that part later...>,<)

“Leave it, Seo ah! You look dead gorgeous already!” Sunny slapped my arms on my sixth attempt to try smoothing down the skirt of my oh-too-exposing prom dress. I didn’t have any idea of what exactly I was wearing right now but I realized that it was too exposing when all my shoulders were bare as it was the sleeveless one and the skirt lengthening down there only till halfway of my thighs!

When I argued about this kind of design, my unnies said that it was to show off my pair of long, slim legs with my smooth fair skin but I didn’t think it was even necessary! The color of this dress also wasn’t up to my taste for I always prefer anything light and pastel but tonight, I’m transforming to a total different Seohyun when I was forced to wear bright, silky and tight red! I glared sideway to her and shook in despair.

“My dearest unnies...I swear for God’s sake that this is not going to work!” I finally snapped loudly to them but the stingy pain on my arms left by Sunny earlier added more now when it was Tiffany’s turn to smack me on my shoulder.

“Ouch! Unnie!” I widened my eyes to her, growling but she rolled her eyes and walked leading the eight of us into the prom hall.

“Told you to stop complaining since we were at home just now...so don’t yell at me when thing is already this far...” Tiffany scolded me from over her shoulder. I pouted, sulking when each seven of my unnies were all determined to ignore me now.

I saw Tiffany arranged her annoyed face to look sweet and steady again once we finally reached the main doorway and we stepped inside in unison. Of course, we were the main attention of the whole party. I looked down to my feet, walking with my long hair veiling each side of my face because I felt shy to be seen like this. I kept my gaze low only on the ground or simply watched my hair bounced around my shoulders because my usual straight hair was wavy now.

“Where’s Sica by the way? Has anyone call her?” Taeyeon unnie slipped the question while fixing the thin string of her dress in place back on her right shoulder but Yoona shrugged to her, looking around.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter