Seven Years Passed

Nostalgia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho

It’s been seven years and I still believe that Jong-in is still alive. How come that his handkerchief is not on his pocket? Does it burnt right away? His pants is not that badly burnt but why is his favorite handkerchief is not there? Even though everyone has already moved on from that incident, I still believe that Jong-in is still alive. I don’t know why, but I can feel it.

 

I’ve decided to return to Chungju to search for him because I believe that if there’s a place where I can find him, it’s where we lost him.

 

While walking on my way to the old location of the warehouse, I bumped into a girl.

 

“Jeosonghamnida…” She bowed.

“It’s okay….” I answered.

“By the way, are you familiar in this place? I am searching for a person and I need your help.” I asked immediately.

She looked at me in the eye. She’s a beautiful girl. I guess Seoul is not the last place to see beautiful ladies.

“Yes. I am familiar in this place but I think I can’t help you find what you’re looking for.” She answered.

“Is that so… but are you familiar with the Jung’s Warehouse fire accident last 2006? It was September 9.” I again asked.

I saw a sad look in her eyes when I asked that.

She shook his head and walked away. I followed her and brag her.

 

“I think you should ask the police. They might know it.” She yelled back then run away from me. What’s her problem really? I shrugged. I immediately headed to the police station and started to ask them.

 

“There’s a man who went here 7 years ago leaving his phone number. He said to contact that number because they found a missing boy at the hospital.” The police officer said.

I asked the contact number and everything about that incident. There were just few information but the phone number alone can lead me to where Jong-in is.

 

The phone number was registered 7 years ago… I don’t know if this still exists but I have to find a way to know. The informant’s name is Nam Woo Hyun. I need to find where that Nam Woo Hyun is. I need to find out everything.

 

I went back to Seoul

I went to the citizens’ registration office.  I asked them the name Nam Woo Hyun. That guy is a lawyer and was registered at Seoul.

 

I tried dialing that phone number but it is already unavailable. The person who registered that number is also Nam Woo Hyun.

I also hired a private investigator to know Nam Woo Hyun’s whereabouts. Only to find out that Nam Woo Hyun has already migrated to Japan 5 years ago.

 

And so I’ve decided to fly to Japan.

 

“Why do you suddenly want to have a vacation to Japan?” Mom asked.

“I just want to have fun before going back to school.” I answered. I can’t tell her the truth because the more I insist that Jong-in is still alive, the more she protests about it.

 

The reason behind wanting to believe that my brother is still alive is because I feel guilty about everything. I didn’t even see my father being happy for the past 7 years and my grandfather also felt guilty because he hadn’t done so much for Jong-in. All I want to have is a happy family just like what we’re used to be. It’s not like we can return everything after Jong-i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter