3

IRIS 3

 

Hyun Woo glanced over at the silent girl in the seat next to him. She hadn’t said a word since leaving NSS HQ… just stared out of the window. He wasn’t sure if he should be concerned or not.

 

After all, it wasn’t everyday you were told that you were married to a complete stranger.

 

He sighed to himself.

 

The device in his ear came to life with Byung Jin’s voice, “Just got a report from the safety house.”

 

“And?”

 

“Everything’s good. They added a few cameras inside for added security.”

 

“Why would they do that? We’re not keeping prisoners.”

 

“No idea. The order came straight from the Deputy Director.”

 

Hyun Woo sighed to himself again, “Alright. Do you know where they are at least?”

 

“Not yet, but I’ll let you know when I do.”

 

“Yea do that.”

 

Right.” Byung Jin disappeared.

 

I should probably learn Korean,” Sienna’s voice came from her side of the car. He glanced at her, somewhat surprised after the long silence. “Right?”

 

“It would be helpful to you, yes.”

 

She nodded and was silent again.

 

The earpiece came to life again, “I’ve got the new camera locations.”

 

“Alright.”

 

One by the front door, three in the main living space, one in the kitchen, two in the hallway, and one in each of the bedrooms.”

 

“That doesn’t sound like a few for added security,” Hyun Woo glanced at Sienna, thankful that she couldn’t understand what he was saying, “Do they suspect her of something I’m not aware of?”

 

“I don’t know,” Byung Jin replied, “This whole thing seems a bit off to me.”

 

“You and me both.”

 

“You feel it too?”

 

“I can’t put my finger on it, but something isn’t right,” he admitted.

 

“Well maybe-uup-gotta go.” Byung Jin’s voice disappeared in a hurry.

 

Something wrong?” Sienna asked.

 

No,” Hyun Woo replied, “Why?”

 

“You sounded a little worried… or maybe annoyed…”

 

She apparently dropped the issue as soon as she brought it up since she didn’t press him.

 

They arrived at the safety house. Hyun Woo received a report from the two agents still there and, apparently, everything was good to go. Sienna just stood there, listless. After the agents left, Hyun Woo was able to focus on her for a moment and caught himself thinking that he preferred the fiery Sienna to this one. He wasn’t sure why; all he knew was that he did.