25.

Ride or Die

Club EXO

"Move your Ari!" Ryan exclaimed as he gave a light kick to my as he tried to push me forward through the back door of the club. It was weird to see the club so deserted that it took me a minute to react to what Ryan had done to me.

 

"Ouch! Don't ing do that!!" I said turning around trying to give him the same treatment, but he avoided it by an inch as he tied a special plastic lock around my hands behind my back.

 

"Ari move! We need to lock you into a VIP room, remember? Here." Ryan tied a bandana over my mouth then bent down lifting the skirt of my dress. Out of panic and surprise, I kicked him in the chin causing him to stumble backwards. I gave him a hard glare as Ryan stood up to regain balance. "I was only going to tie your feet together!" He bent down again lifting the slit of my skirt with me watching his every move. "Unless of course, you want to have some fun like before..."

 

I jerked my tied feet together threatening to try and hurt him causing a chuckle from Ryan. No longer able to walk, he had to carry me over his shoulder to a VIP room.

 

"Act now" he commanded me as he opened the door; I did as I was told. I felt myself falling backwards as he sat me on the couch next to 6 other familiar boys who were similarly tied up like me. All of our eyes widened as exchanged muffled greetings with each other, the 6 boys pointing out Ryan.

 

"Oh little Ari" Ryan cooed as he put on his "Unknown player" phase, walking up to me with a smug smile on his face. "You had everything figured out didn't you? But, you can't escape the Unknown that easily my dear..." I played a distressed look at him with my eyes, playing my part. Suddenly, he did the unexpected and placed a kiss on my cheek earning a natural wide-eyed, angered look from me. When I get out of this, he was going to earn a kiss from my knuckles on his cheek.

 

Ryan winked at me as he left me in the room with the 6 other boys. When the door shut, a sudden flurry of action came about as half of the boys hands came out from behind their back while the others managed to bite the cloth over there mouth down to speak.

 

"Rian!" Kris said as he was the only one with a free mouth and arms. He hopped over to my place taking off the cloth over my mouth. "Are you all right?!"

 

"Kris I was so worried about you!" I exclaimed as he used a pocket knife to cut off the plastic lock around my arms and feet. I jumped up giving him a hug as Kris placed a warm kiss on my lips. The PDA caused a mix of reactions ranging from awes and ews from the boys.

 

"Yah lovebirds! Mind helping us out first before you start anything?" Chen exclaimed pointing out his still tied hands and feet. The others nodded in agreement shouting similar notions and Kris went to work cutting off the plastics.

 

"How did you guys get here?" I questioned. If the plan was to go as planned for tonight, then these boys were supposed to be out there in the chase and not here in the club.

 

"We were leaving for Prom when Lay noticed some suspicious activity going on outside the club. When we checked it out we found the Unknown and got caught" Tao explained as he thanked Kris for cutting him out.

 

"By the way, that dress on you" Luhan gave an "ok" with his finger and a wink. I rolled my eyes punching him in the arm.

 

"Thanks, but no thanks because we don't have time for this!" I said as I walked to the door to try and open it. As expected, it was locked from the outside. Before I could turn around, I felt a pair of hands slip around my grip of the doorknob and a whisper in my ear,

 

"That dress on you is perfect babe." I bit my lip turning around to face Kris who was ready to lean in for a kiss, but I dodged it.

 

"Really now? Really?" I threw my hands up in the air walking away from the door. "Compliment me later when we come out of this alive, all right?"

 

"One more thing!" Luhan pulled at the red sash on my body. "If you won Prom Queen, who won Prom King?"

 

"Isn't it obvious pabo?" Xiumin slapped him on the back of the head.

 

"It's obviously Suho" Lay chimed in. I watched as I saw Kris turn swiftly from the door facing me.

 

"Is that true? Did Suho really win Prom King?" I looked at my boyfriend and could sense a hint of jealousy and anger from him.

 

"Yeah, but its no big deal really. Its just a no title-title if you know what I mean." I took my sash off throwing it on the ground to prove my point. "Now, anymore non important questions before we continue on?" The silence answered the question. "Good. Now let's figure out how..."

 

Without any warning, the door of the room opened revealing Ryan with a group of huge built men.

 

"Well, won't you look at this sight?" He started to slowly clap his hands recognizing our work. "You all managed to escape."

 

The boys started to form a barrier around me, Kris taking the job to have me directly behind him. "Touch any of us and you are going to get it."

 

"Oh how cute! Kris Oppa is going to protect his girlfriend!" Ryan put out some aegyo moves that made me want to barf and laugh at the same time. Seeing my facial expression, he straightened up immediately again playing his part.

 

"How could you do this Ryan??" I acted out trying to remember to put in the feeling of the first time I found out about his identity. "I thought I was family to you..."

 

"You are family to me" he stepped forward playing along with our dialogue. The boys took a step back closer to me as defense to make up for the attack step Ryan made. "And for that, if you cooperate with what I tell you to do then none of your little friends here will get hurt."

 

I looked around the circle of boys surrounding me, and once again felt a guilt factor come upon me. 1) I was selfishly using there life for my own life when I didn't deserve it since 2) I was betraying all of them since I was a part of all this.

 

"Fine" I gave in a little easier then usual astounding the boys in front of me. "But, don't you dare touch any of them."

 

Ryan nodded. He snapped his fingers and the guards stepped forward, now holding all the boys back. I turned to the guard holding my boyfriend back who was struggling to get out of the guard's grip. I held his face in my hands giving him a deep kiss.

 

"I'll be fine. I promise." I smiled as I pulled back from the kiss. Kris calmed down a bit as he looked from Ryan to me and then nodded without saying another word. Ryan exited first, me following after and then the rest of the guards locking the door behind them leaving the others behind.  

 

"Show off" Ryan nudged me in the arm causing me to trip up a bit. I slapped him on the arm.

 

"You wish that was you" I stuck my tongue out of my mouth. Ryan bit his lip shaking his head giving me another push forward towards the stairs. As I started to walk down the stairs, I started to notice that there were now people in the club. Not just any ordinary people, but more of who I guessed were members of the Unknown since they were all dressed in white from head to toe. Men and a few women were treating themselves to drinks at the bar, dancing to the music that was now blasting over the speakers. I clenched my fists as the scene started to anger me a bit, who in there right mind said they could act as if they already owned the place? I started to charge forward a bit more, but was held back by the grip that formed around my wrist pulling me the opposite direction.

 

"This way" Ryan pointed at the door leading out to the tunnel where the races usually started. Before the door opened, I was yanked back into a hostage position. "Time to play your part Ari."

 

I nodded my head against Ryan's chest and he opened the door. I didn't exactly have to play my actions or emotions because seeing 6 familiar, some beaten and bruised, faces were tied up and kneeling in front of me. I gasped as I made eye contact with every one of them, the longest one lasting with Suho. He had a deep cut above his brow, and a bruise forming at the corner of his lip. I was roughly pushed forward landing on top of Suho who groaned and coughed.

 

"God you need to lay off the late night snacks" he managed to say under my weight.

 

"You little--" Before I could react my usual way, I was pulled up by a guard and held in my hostage situation again. I looked over at Ryan who was standing there with his arms crossed across his chest looking at the scene.

 

"How could you..." Suho looked angrily at Ryan. "Betraying us and overall Rian." I gulped seeing the anger his face held; it didn't help that the cuts and bruises added to the effect as well. I started to imagine how he would react if he found out that I was playing along with the Unknown as well.

 

"I wouldn't say that I betrayed any of you in one way or another." Ryan looked at me with a smug smile causing a growl of anger playing out my mouth. It wasn't acting; it was my natural reaction to seeing my friends hurt while I was untouched intentionally. Once again, they were putting their lives on the line for me when in reality the turn around was that it was all for nothing cause I was going to be kept safe. "Plus I wasn't betraying anyone if my original intentions were always there, right?" He walked up and down the line of boys eyeing each one of them carefully. "I never liked any of you anyways." Ryan stopped at Suho in the middle when taking the second turn. He leaned in forward pushing a finger on his forehead. "Especially you."

 

"Ryan don't you dare!" I shouted from my position. I struggled to add effect to my words. "Stop it!"

 

Ryan turned to me with a growl then lifted his finger of Suho's forehead. "You are lucky she is here to save your ."

 

"I don't need her to fight my battles" Suho looked at Ryan then set his eyes on me. "I don't need her by my side, period." My heart dropped to my stomach, as the words he had said knew meant a double meaning. He really did mean it when he said that he didn't want me to even be friends with him. For some reason that angered me wanting me to create a bigger and deeper bruise on his face. My heart on the other hand was already forming one from the harsh words he had already said.

 

"Oh is that so?" Ryan asked as he started to walk over to me. His eyes widened a bit looking a bit worried because the plan we we're supposed to go through was that he did need me. Why else was I here if I couldn't be used as bait? Ryan mouthed a quick sorry to me before he took me in his grip. He walked in front of Suho with me as his hostage. He gripped my face in his hand forcing me to look at Suho who looked at me looking a bit worried but still trying to maintain a poker face. "So you are saying if she got hurt, you wouldn't mind one bit?"

 

"If she is like any other innocent bystander out there getting effected by our actions, then she may be bound to get hurt one way or another, right?" Suho asked. There my heart shattered into pieces of glasses, the shards cutting my insides; how much I wanted to cut this whole bull and beat him to the pulp.

 

"Suho!" I heard the others shout to try and put him in his senses. Ryan shook his head clucking his tongue then tossed me to the ground as if I was a useless toy. The guards picked me up and I winced; looking down I found a cut forming on my leg from the gravel that scraped against my skin from the fall. Damn it, if I didn't have this leg slit in my dress...

 

"Suho what are you pulling out your mouth damn it?!" Chanyeol angrily spat out from his mouth. The rest of his friends gave him a dirty look, but Suho ignored them keeping his eyes only on Ryan.

 

"Tell me what you want from me so we can all leave. I'm not up for any of this right now." Suho looked rather angrier then usual, but he still managed to keep a poker face on showing no signs of nervousness.

 

"Brave one are you?" Ryan asked amused by Suho's character. He wagged a finger at him. "I guess I've been looking at you in the wrong light, huh?" Ryan turned his head to the guard at the door. "Contact the Boss." The guard nodded as he talked into the headset he was wearing doing as he was told. He turned back to Ryan responding,

 

"On the way in, sir." Ryan nodded and waved his hand two directions. All the guards picked up the boys, throwing them to the side leaving Suho in the middle of the tunnel by himself. Soon enough, a bright light at the end of the tunnel started to grow. Not only that, but the roar of the engine and the screeching of the tired followed as well. Coming towards Suho was a crisp white, imported sports car that didn't look like it was going to stop in time.

 

Suho looked unaffected though as he watched the car coming closer and closer to him at a dangerous speed. Soon, everyone in the tunnel was holding their breath as the breaks were finally used. A few seconds later, the car stopped only a few inches away from Suho's body, which was still there. The lights of the car flooded over Suho as the driver of the car stepped out revealing a pair of white pumps first, then the rest of her white clad business looking suit. It was the lady from the river. It was the lady from that night at the club. Guessing from her grand entrance, she was the lady they called "The Boss."

 

"Oh my dear, what do we have here?" A lady came around the car to stand in front of Suho her red lips forming into a smile. Her face was hidden behind her sunglasses and the scarf around her head. With her presence, the Unknown immediately bowed down to her to show their respect.

 

"As you requested Boss" Ryan took the initiative speaking. "He is Suho Kim from Kim Corp."

 

"Yes, yes it is" the lady bent down now eye level with Suho. She lifted her hand to touch his cheek; instead of Suho dodging her sudden touch, he looked as if he was in some sort of a trance. Not in a way where it seemed like he was attracted to her, but more of a way of surprise and astonishment.

 

"O-O-Omma?" Suho stuttered, tears now rolling down his cheeks. The lady smiled and taking off her sunglasses and scarf revealed herself. Tears were now rolling down her face as she pulled Suho into a hug.

 

"My son."