06.

Ride or Die

EXO Garage

"So your the Rian everyone has been talking about" the guy who introduced himself as Xiumin smiled. He handed me the cup of water Kris instructed him to get right as we entered the door, not even 10 minutes ago. I was left with Xiumin and Chen as Kris left with Lay to check on something. "I believe we've met before?"

 

I nodded. "You saved me from my fall at the supermarket one day." I downed the glass of water quickly surprising myself and the boys on how thirsty I was. Chen handed me another one from the water cooler.

 

"What a fate to meet again" Chen also gave me a smile taking the empty glass I drank from before. "Especially given the circumstances of the chase Infinite was giving you."

 

"So wait, question" I began sitting up a bit straighter on the couch. Maybe, this was my chance to get more information about "their world". Besides, they wouldn't know whether they could tell me things or not right? "Are there more of these gangs? And if so, how many?"

 

Chen and Xiumin looked at each other, than laughed. Xiumin shook his head and replied, "There are more of us..."

 

"Just too many to count" Chen finished. Before I could ask anything else Kris and Lay came inside the office again, now with Luhan behind the both of them. Luhan's eyes widened as he saw me then quickly skipped to me asking,

 

"Rian are you okay?!" He asked inspecting me to see if I had any injuries. "I-I thought Kris was kidding when he said you were in the chase!"

 

"I'm fine Luhan thanks for worrying" I said smiling up at him. I suddenly felt what seemed like a jacket cover my shoulder and sure enough Kris was putting the leather jacket he was wearing on me.

 

"So what's the deal with Infinite?" Xiumin asked Kris. Kris looked at me and I quickly pretended to suddenly be interested in my glass of water.

 

"They had some business dealing with EXO-K regarding to SHINee's lost last night; Onew really wants Rian so he sent Infinite to set up a rematch, but Suho refused. It sent them berserks which led them up to the wild goose chase." All I could understand was something about SHINee and Suho which I could amount to maybe a disagreement about yesterday's winning? Dang it, I should have studied that Korean language handbook harder.

 

"So what you are saying is that Rian is now in danger?" Luhan asked with worry on his face.

 

"Apparently so, she just doesn't know it...I intend to keep it that way, and so should the rest of you" Kris replied looking at all the boys in the eyes. He then looked at me, which reminded me of the scene we put on in the car causing my heart to go into frenzy. Kris smiled. "Rian, come with me, I'll get you something to eat."

 

I nodded following Kris and bowing to the other boys in my leave. I followed him to a hallway that connected to another building, and upon opening the door it looked like a home. I stepped inside remembering to take my shoes off, but then further realized that due to my impromptu last minute actions of savior, I didn't have any. I saw Kris give me a pair of bunny slippers and I put them on, saying thanks, following him into the kitchen.

 

"I could go for some ice cream right now, you?" He said taking a tub of ice cream from the freezer. I nodded my lips as he set the ice cream on the counter and got two spoons, but no bowl. He handed me a spoon. "You don't mind if we share from the same carton, right?"

 

I shook my head no and he let me dig in first. I brought the spoon into my mouth closing my lips on the frosty goodness.

 

"Thanks" I took another scoop into my spoon.

 

"No problem, those kind of chases always get me hungry afterwards so I figured you might be too." He grinned at me with the spoon in his mouth. 

 

"Oh that too! But what I meant was, thanks for saving me." I suddenly felt nervous, shaving off huge pieces of ice cream onto my spoon. "Well I know I should be thanking Lay for all the driving he did, but thought that I should be thanking you as well because---yeah-- that didn't make sense does it?" I quickly put the spoon into my mouth to stop my nonsense not even realizing the amount I had on it till I started to get a brain freeze. I bunched my face up rubbing my temples with my fingers as Kris stood there laughing.

 

"Now that I have saved you, you need to save me" Kris said inspecting the ice cream for the next scoop.

 

"Save you? How so?" I asked as I stole the piece of ice cream he was about to scoop unto his spoon. He shook his head smiling watching me eat it.

 

"You know how next week is my school festival right?" He tried to steal my scoop away from me, but I prevailed.

 

"Let me guess, are you asking me to kidnap you to save you from your misery of participating in it?" I tried stealing his ice cream again, but he prevailed putting it in his mouth.

 

"Bingo." As I was about to put the ice cream into my mouth, Kris tried to grab my spoon but failed.

 

"Why though? The festival seem fun!" I dug my spoon in the bucket of ice cream. "What's your class doing anyways?"

 

"Not if you've been doing them since elementary school. And oh? My class uhm..." Kris mumbled something as he put the spoon into his mouth.

 

"Am I sorry I couldn't hear you behind your EMPTY spoon of ice cream..." I pulled out the spoon from his mouth and he looked at me with an open mouth and wide eyes. "Say that again please?"

 

He gave a sigh. "A host club..."

 

"A what club??" I took a scoop of ice cream with his spoon pretending to inspect it with curiosity.

 

"A HOST CLUB" Kris said trying to grab the spoon away from me. He didn't succeed taking my spoon that was still dug into the ice creak in the tub.

 

"Ohhhh a host club. Where you guys serve tea and make the girl feel loved and stuff??" I said looking from his spoon to his face. He also had a scoop full of ice cream on my spoon. "I bet you don't want to be in it cause you don't have the charm and flirtatious effect on girl's to be a host."

 

"Who says that the reason?" Kris asked looking at me with his eyebrows raised. "For all you know, I may be the most charming and flirtatious host there and the reason I don't want to be there is so the other boys have a chance to also gain customers."

 

"Please you wouldn't be able to keep a girl in your presence for 10 seconds" I challenged him giving him a closed lip smile. He nodded accepting my challenge.

 

"I'll prove it to you." He sat on the chair next to me taking the tub of ice cream with him. Kris turned his body facing me suddenly changing his facial expression into a soft Casanova kind of look; he took my spoon putting it in the tub saying,

 

"Oh my lady's hands seem fragile. Here jagiya, let me help you..." I watched as he took the spoon of ice cream and used his other hand to tuck it under my chin guiding it closer to him. My mouth made contact with the spoon of ice cream Kris was feeding me making my sense go wild.

 

"Uhm Rian, Chanyeol and D--" We heard the footsteps stop and turning around I saw Tao look at the both of us with wide eyes. I pushed Kris hand away from my spoon and mouth making it look as if I was feeding myself. Kris just looked at me then laughed standing up to put the ice cream away.

 

"Oh okay uhm, thanks Tao" I took the spoon out of my mouth handing it to Kris. He smiled taking my spoon putting it in his own mouth; oh my god we were having an indirect kiss.

 

"Bye Rian" Kris said giving a small wave with my spoon still in his mouth. "I'll text you later about more details on my festival next week, yeah?"

 

I rolled my eyes and stood up hugging the jacket closer to me. "Whatever. See you then!" I gave him a wave as well then left the house following Tao back to the garage where D.O and Chanyeol were waiting for me beside a black BMW.

 

"Yah Rian!" Chanyeol said running up to me to give me a hug. I pretended to lose oxygen as I felt my feet off the ground a bit. "Are you all right princess?!"

 

"Chanyeol put me down, I'm fine!" I slapped him on the arm for the nickname I told him not to call me multiple times.

 

"Rian we were so worried about you" D.O said as he opened the door to the car for me. I turned to wave at Tao and say thanks as I entered the backseat of the car. He waved back then turned around closing the garage door. We were now back to the two separate worlds...

 

"Thanks for worrying about me and all, but I was more worried about you guys!" I exclaimed as Chanyeol started backing out of the driveway. "No one got physically hurt, right?"

 

"Well, Baekhyun almost did when Suho found out that Kris had came to your rescue. He seriously looked like he was going to throw a punch at the boy" D.O replied. Chanyeol nodded adding,

 

"Yeah, for some reason Suho seemed pretty pissed that it was Kris who saved you when he specifically asked Baekhyun to send Lay and Luhan to save you."

 

"Oh, really?" I said laying back in my seat. Suho had asked for me to be saved? Did he know ahead of time that this was going to happen?

 

"Rian...you don't have anything going on between you and Kris do you?" D.O asked turning his body to face me. I gave a nervous laugh then shook my head no a little too violently.

 

"Kris and I? What makes you ask that?" I pulled the jacket a little closer to my body then gasped silently to myself. I looked down at my feet: I was wearing a pair of Nikes and had a jacket wrapped around me that both belonged to Kris. I looked up with red cheeks and I saw D.O laugh and Chanyeol smile from the rearview mirror.

 

"No reason I guess" D.O turned his boy around then gave this look to Chanyeol making the two of them crack up as if they were sharing a silent inside joke between the two of them.

 

I could already imagine the look on Suho's face if I entered the estate with these on. The worse to imagine: what my punishment would be from the Royal Brat.

 

Kim Estate

Luckily Suho wasn't home just yet, so I had time to change into my pajamas before he could see me in Kris jacket and shoes. I gave it to Nene asking to please clean then well and too keep these items hidden from Suho; she didn't even ask any questions doing as she was told.

 

I checked up on Shin who was already sleeping like a baby. As I was about to walk to my room I heard the front door open and angry voices coming from below. I quickly hid behind the wall in front of Suho's door.

 

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SUHO!" His father shouted at him. "HOW COULD YOU SNEAK OUT OF THE PARTY LIKE THAT...& JUST TO TAKE RIAN HOME?!"

 

"She wasn't feeling well father. I felt it was my responsibility and duty as her date to take care--"

 

"WE HAVE PEOPLE TO CALL AND DO THAT SUHO!" His father ran his fingers through his hair then pointed at him. "I counted on you to do your part Suho! I am VERY disappointed in your actions today." He loosened his tie. "I want that damn report and speech you should have given tonight on my desk, plus an apology letter you will read in front of the board of trustees...all by Monday!" I heard footsteps climb up the right staircase then a loud bang come from Mr. Kim's bedroom. Hearing a loud sigh, I heard Suho also climbing up the stairs as well.

 

I panicked. If I ran across to the other side, I would look suspicious as if I came out of Suho's room. Looking around I couldn't think of any other ideas so I ran into Suho's room. I'll just hide in one of those closets looking thingy's up stairs; there must be an empty one somewhere... I made my way up the loft stairs and started opening and closing each door to try and find a space I could fit in. Finally reaching one towards the bathroom, I fit myself in a crouching position under the hanging robes. It was right in front of the staircase meaning I could make a quick and quiet escape when I had to.

 

"Nene, somebody forgot to close the door to my room!" Suho exclaimed. Oh my god, oh my god he's in the room! I covered my mouth to keep my breathing volume at a minimum. I could hear him humming as I saw through the little crack a half Suho coming up the stairs. Damn, did he really have that kind of a body? When the hell did he ever have the time to work out cause surely I haven't seen him in the home gym, which I used daily, once.

 

Suho started towards my closet at once. He doors opened and I in my breathe and squeezing myself into a ball even tighter as I could feel the soft fabric of the robes slide across the pole. All the robes were the freaking same, why the hell did he need to choose?! He finally settled for one and took it off the hanger putting it on over his body. He left the door open as he walked around the corner to go into the restroom. The shower and I could hear Suho start to hum a bit singing out loud here and there. I did have to admit, he wasn't THAT BAD. If anything, better then bad he was actually good, decent even.

 

I let out a breath then counting a safety period I made my escape out of the closet. Looking around to see if the coast was clear and sure enough Suho's dirty pile of clothes were on the bed and his pajamas were laud out on the sink in the bathroom. Quickly but lightly I ran down the stairs, across the room, then made it out of the room without a slip up. By the time I made it into my own room shutting the door, I felt that I had shed 50 years of my life, cause that scared the living out of me. What scared me even more was when my phone started to ring and my heart jumped to my throat.

 

"Hello?!" I answered rather quickly with heavy breathing.

 

"Hello, Rian? Its me Kris" His voice wasn't helping my already beating machine gun heart.

 

"Oh hey Kris, I was just about to call you to tell you that I accidentally took your shoes and jacket home and--"

 

"Oh no its cool just keep them, it will give you an excuse to come and rescue me next week."

 

I walked over to my bed going inside the covers. "Whatever, Kris. I WILL see you dressed as a host that Friday serving drinking tea to me on your back."

 

"That's easy, just remember how I dressed that day on the plane and how I treated you to lunch." I pictured that moment and damn was it a good moment to picture. I felt my cheeks turning red from the recent moment with the indirect spoon kiss and ugh, nope I can't... "Oh! That gives me another reason why you have to save me."

 

"Okay, okay fine I'll come on Friday and think of a way to save you. But, don't count on it too much all right?"

 

"Don't worry, I'll make it up to you afterwards...I promise."

 

"How about you get me VIP passes into that club again?" I asked putting my plan into action.

 

"Wait, what? VIP passes?" I heard the uneasiness in his voice.

 

"Well considering how YOU are the owner of the club that wouldn't be too hard now would it?" I sat back hearing silence on the other line of the phone.

 

"Rian, I can explain..."

 

"Yeah you better explain!" I said sitting up feeling slightly angered now. "But, save it for Friday! It will be my definite excuse to come now PLUS your excuse to stay."

 

I heard a sigh on the other line. "All right, all right done deal. Friday then?"

 

"Friday." I added a quick goodbye then hung up on him. Plugging my phone into its charger, I put it on my bedside table staring at it before my eyelids started to slowly droop. Then it got me thinking about the conversation Suho and his father was having. My name was in there somewhere I know that, so did that mean Suho got in trouble because of me?! I to my back with my eyes still closed. So, that means that his father doesn't know of his racing habits does it?

 

I heard a soft knock on my door then someone call my name. I laid there pretending to be asleep as the door opened and taking a tiny peek with one eye I saw that it was Suho. He had yet another box similar to this morning in his hand as he walked up beside my bed.

 

"I know you're awake" Suho said sitting on my bed nudging my arm. I sat up darting my eyes from the box in his hand to him. He smiled at me then put the box in my lap signaling for me to open it. I rolled my eyes opening it then gasped when I looked at what he had given me.

 

"Suho..." I took out a pair of the same exact shoes I was wearing this evening that I had lost. "Suho how--"

 

"Two security guards found two guys in the staircase with shoes like these in their mouth." Suho chuckled. "I figured you might need a new pair considering how you might not want the other ones back unless you like the shine from the saliva."

 

I looked at Suho giving him a sincere smile. Then my thoughts wandered back into the conversation that I over heard him & his dad had. "I'm sorry."

 

Suho gave me a puzzled look. "What are you sorry about?"

 

"About getting you in trouble with your father" I said still keeping my eyes on the shoes. I couldn't bear to see that smug look on his face knowing that I was giving into him for this. But, it was only right considering how I was causing so much trouble for him.

 

"Its not your fault Rian" Suho replied taking the shoes from my hand and placing them in the box. I was forced to look up at his face and surprisingly there was no smug look. Instead a mask I don’t think I’ve ever seen before replaced it: sincerity. "If anything I should be saying sorry to you for getting you into this mess in the first place. I used your name in my excuse and don't worry." He gave me a small smile. "The next party, I'll make sure to put it right with my father."

 

"Next party?" I asked watching Suho getting up to leave. "There's already another one?!"

 

He nodded putting his hands in his pockets. "SIA is holding there annual Christmas charity event towards the end of November and beginning of December. And you know what that means for the both of us..." He raised his eyebrows and I rolled my eyes; he was back.

 

"Tch, whatever" I replied taking the box of shoes and putting it on the ground next to my bed. "Goodnight Suho."

 

"Goodnight Rian." I began to get comfortable in my bed by closing my eyes. I heard quick footsteps come beside me then a small peck on the top of my head that made me jolt up quickly catching Suho in the act of escaping my room. He then stopped at the door and turned around with a smirk saying,

 

"Next time you decide to hide in my closet Rian, make sure to not wear any perfume that would leave an imprint on my senses. Or better yet, you can always come in and ask to sneak a peek--"

 

"SUHO YOU LITTLE--!" I threw a pillow at the door but Suho quickly shut it before it could hit him. I blew a raspberry then laid back on my bed with my arms across my chest. That little brat knew I was there all along?! I rolled over closing my eyes; in my sleep I shall kill him.

Day of the SHS School Festival

"HYUNG! NOONA! LOOK!" Shin exclaimed as he pointed at the booth in front of us. "THEY HAVE STAR WARS STUFF!"

 

"Oh, wow that's awesome!" I smiled at Shin. I looked over at Suho and he shrugged as Shin pulled us to other booths that were scattered around the front of the school. Since we got to the festival, the staff and students immediately recognized the Kim brothers. We even got to meet the principal of the school, offering us everything for free and basically trying to up to Suho as well. Walking around the festival, we gained much attention especially with the girls. I half expected that considering how I was hanging out with the most eligible bachelor under 20 plus had a little brother who probably would end up in the same list when he had reached that age.

 

As for me, you could say that I as well was getting attention too. But, to keep the boys at a distance, Suho would be Suho always trying to pull boyfriend moves on me. Moves such as putting an arm around my waist or shoulders, giving me unexpected kisses on the top of my head, and held my hand when he wanted too. Obviously I would push them away, and slap him to put some sense into him.

 

"Rian I'm coldddd" Suho gave me a hug from behind causing me to shriek and take a step forward pushing Shin in front of me. He dove head first into the little kiddie pool filled with magnetic fish and I gasped as I pulled Shin out.

 

"SUHO YOU--" I stopped my voice from rising seeing as to there were little children and families there. I took my coat and wrapped it around Shin apologizing and bowing to the people around me for my little outburst. I left Suho to apologize to the students running the booth walking inside the building to find the Infirmary. As I was walking through the school, I did have to say that it wasn't as grand and big as SIA. But, it wasn't ratchet or under kept as well. If anything, it was like any normal middle class schools with maybe a little extra on the side.

 

"Shin, I'm so sorry!" I squeezed his shoulders making sure the jacket was still secure as we pushed through the crowds of people. "Are you all right?? Are you cold? Do you want a drink to warm you up? Should I--"

 

"Noona I'm fine" Shin smiled looking up at me. "Can we just find some dry underwear??"

 

I laughed and ruffled his wet hair. We followed the signs (thanks to Shin reading skills in Korean) and came upon the nurse’s office. Entering the room, the nurse took a look at Shin then me. She bowed at us then immediately stood up heading towards the back saying something about dry clothes. I lifted Shin onto one of the beds taking a towel from the table, running it through his wet hair.

 

"Shin are you okay!?" Suho's feet and voiced carried into the Nurses office. He looked at Shin and took his chubby cheeks into his hands. " Aish, I told you not to get too close in the first place." He pulled him into a hug squeezing him from left to right. I rolled my eyes pushing him out of my way to continue drying Shin off with the towel.

 

"Ugh, if someone wasn't trying to act so childish then this wouldn't have happened." I looked at Suho while wiping down Shin's face. "Do you have to do those kinds of things in front of people?"

 

"You should be thanking me!" Suho said grabbing a towel from the table drying Shin's back.

 

"Yeah, thanking you for what?! The possibility of getting Shin sick?!" I went back to rubbing Shin's face.

 

"No! For saving you from the stares those boys were giving you!" Suho moved his towel to wipe Shin's chest. "If I weren't there I'm pretty sure you would have erted boys coming up and hitting on you."

 

"What if I actually like the attention Suho?" I lied now taking off Shin's wet shoes to avoid eye contact with him. I could feel his stare creeping down my back as I wiped down his feet, hearing little giggle noises from Shin.

 

"Oh, you like the attention huh?" I looked beside me and Suho had bent down to my level giving me a scare. I almost lost balance but he grabbed my arm last minute pulling me close to him. Close enough to where our noses were close to touching. "How is this for attention Rian? Am I not enough for you?"

 

My heart stopped at his words. For some reason I couldn't push Suho away; for some reason, my arm clenched tighter on his bicep. He must have noticed what he had said causing his Casanova look to suddenly turn soft. Was he--did he just--

 

"Omo Master Shin where is the lady that was here with you?" The Nurse's voice carried in the room. I saw from the corner of my eye that Shin had pointed down to his feet from where he was sitting on the.

 

"Down here with Hyung!" Both our eyes widened, gaining the strength to push Suho away I stood up quickly while Suho took his sweet time. The Nurse looked a bit surprised more than suspicious as she just stared at the both of us with clothes in her hand.

 

"Shin, why don't you go with Suho to go change? I'll go out and find something warm for him to drink" I carried him off the bed handing him to Suho who was unusually silent. He didn't reject my orders following the nurse with Shin to the back room.

 

I need fresh air. I need some air...I walked out of the office breathing heavily. Closing the door I closed my eyes taking a deep breath replaying the moment that I had with Suho. 'Am I not enough for you?' I shook the words out of my head as my feet began to move without any thought. What the hell was that supposed to me? Was he, did he, actually confess to me?

 

"Oh, look at that foreign girl over there" I heard a boy say to his friend. I have heard enough of his statement in Korean to understand what he had said. I turned around to walk a little faster considering how this hallway was pretty empty; then I realized that I was farther from the nurse’s office then I thought. I looked around and the only way out of this hallway was going down the staircase that was being blocked by the blonde guy and his red head friend. I silently cursed to myself as I took my phone out pretending to text someone as I walked.

 

"Oh whoa, hello there pretty lady" the blonde guy said bending forward to block my path down. I smiled and gave him a bow trying to pass by him, but was stopped by the red head.

 

"Are you lost?" He asked in a broken English accent. He took my arm putting a bit of pressure on it. "If you want, you can just come with us and--"

 

"Hey you two, what's going on here?" I realized I had shut my eyes in fright so when I opened it I saw Kris at the bottom of the stairs.

 

"Oh, Kris-sunbae we found a hot foreign girl we thought we might have fun with" the blonde guy answered with a smug smile.

 

"She is probably that new exchange student that goes to SIA that everyone has been talking about. Thought that maybe if I was lucky enough, I could get with her--" Before I could process anything, Kris had run up the stairs and pulled both the guys away from me pushing them up against the wall.

 

"Mess with her again." Kris said in a deep threatening voice. He pushed his hand further into their necks causing them to breathe with difficulty. "And I'll have my own fun with the two of you." He let go of the two of them throwing a threatening punch at the wall between their heads. The two boys flinched and I stumbled back a bit at the intensity of his actions. Once free, the pair ran downstairs in fright leaving just Kris and I.

 

"Rian they didn't hurt you did they??" Kris turned to me with a worried look on his face. He walked around me carefully inspecting me then took my face in his hands inspecting that carefully. I shook my head putting my hands on his face pushing his cheeks together.

 

"I'm fine Krissss" I said creating a puffed up look with his face. He let go of my face and I let go of his laughing; he looked relieved. "Thanks for saving me."

 

"Now you owe me twice." Kris put up two fingers. He started playing around with it adding a bit of aegyo and I stood there to laugh. He was probably just trying to get my mind off what just happened, and it was working. He stopped and smiled at me then let out a hand to me. "If you come with me, then I'll bring it down to one."

 

"Are you sure about that? What if this is a trap to bring the number to 3?" I took his hand regardless; it was warm and gave my hand a gentle squeeze. I could already feel the butterflies already forming as I followed him up the stairs. We came upon a door at the very top and Kris opened it. I stepped outside letting the cold night air pass by me and the twinkling stars above and lights below amaze me. I ran to the edge of the building looking below to see the festival going down at the front of the school.

 

"Not as good as the rooftop view at SIA, but good enough huh?" Kris asked as he came up beside me. He sat on the ground then looked and patted the spot next to him. As I sat down I saw Kris taking off the jacket he was wearing and put it over my shoulders. I looked at him saying thanks then realized that he was dressed in a nice suit, similar to the one's Suho wore. Suho's words repeated in my head again, and I shook it off trying to forget it.

 

"So, you finally escaped all by yourself?" I pointed out his attire. He looked down at himself momentarily forgetting he was dressed to the nine's then looked at me.

 

"Yeah, with no thanks to you" he playfully pushed me with his shoulder and I stuck my tongue out at him.

 

"Glad that I--couldn't help?" We laughed at my stupidity then a comfortable silence fell upon us as we looked out at the skyline. I pulled in my legs to my chest sighing. This was what I needed; especially after that moment with Suho. Which reminds me....

 

"So...spill it Kris." He turned his head to find me putting on my serious face.

 

"Spill what?"

 

"About you not telling me why you couldn't tell me your the club owner of EXO. Actually stop", I put my hand up to signal him to not say a word yet. "Start from the beginning of how this all came to be."

 

Kris sighed ruffling his hand through his hair. He looked out onto the skyline and began his story.


Edited & Revised 

Ferbuary 13, 2015