Chapter 1

You Don't Know Love

Author POV

"Ah, appa is scolding Ji yong oppa again." Hana said as she stop writing her essay. She continue writing after the noise went down. She manage to finish her homework in time and immediately pack her bags with her books and homework. She went to bed and put on a headphones to hear music. She love hearing music when she goes to sleep. 

Meanwhile, at the living room. Mr. Go were scolding his step son who's been home late. His curfew end at 9.00pm. Now its almost 11.00pm. He scold his step son harshly. He always been strict person but that doesn't not mean he is a bad father. 

"Ji yong ah...I told you not to go home so late. You have school tomorrow." His mother said.

"Arraso...I just forget about the time. I won't do it again." Ji yong said slowly. 

"Are you sure about that? This is the third time you been like this. You need to be punish." Mr. Go said. The wife startled and try to persuade her husband. 

"Yeobo...stop it." She said to him.

"No...young man you're grounded for two weeks and no more hanging out with friends after school. You need to go straight at home after school end." He said strictly.

Ji yong just feel frustated and he try not to show his rebel self infront of his mother. He just agree and went to his room. He went upstairs and passed his sister room. 

****

"Morning appa, umma." Hana greeted her parents. She then took a seat and grab a toast. She munch her food slowly and then sipped on orange juice. She heard her mother already went upstair to wake Ji yong oppa. She quickly finish her breakfast. She want to leave for school immediately. She was about to stand up to leave but stop after hearing her brother whining to their mother. 

"I'm not a child anymore...I can wake up on my own. Stop coming to my room every morning, umma." He said and then he sat down next to his sister. He grab a toast. 

"Ji yong you should go to school with Hana." Mr. Go suddenly said and this startled the two siblings. 

"Ne." Ji yong said slowly and eat his food slowly. 

Hana look a bit uncomfortable. Its been awhile since she and her brother walk together to school. It feel a little awkward.

*****

Hana POV

Its been a while since I walk with my brother to school. We went to the same high school and my brother is in his final year of high school. It feel awkward and I know why it is like this. 

When we were little kids me and my oppa always so close. We play together a lot and my oppa always there for me. Besides that, my real father always so close to both of us. We play together a lot. I know my oppa love our father the most and always idolize him. Everything change when our father died because of cancer. He keep it a secret and he died alone at his office. He didn't tell anyone he was dying and I remember my mother crying her heart out since then. Soon, after two years my mother remarried and Mr. Go became our new father. He was a nice person and he loves our mother. I know he did. He treat me and my oppa nicely and lovingly. I know he was always strict especially toward oppa. He always strict with him and it does make oppa feel irritate sometimes. Their relationship were not so close unlike with me. Appa treat me nicely and he was strict sometimes but never going overboard unlike with my oppa. 

My relationship with my brother started to worsen after my mother remarried. I never had long conversation with my brother and all we did just small talk when we were with our parent. We never spoke at school or anywhere. I did tried to talk to him when I was in middle school but it was a waste. He ignored me and I cry because of his cold action. Since then, I have this cold attitude toward my brother. Mostly because of my brother I don't really like talking with boys now. 

I only have two friends. Shin Ji and Moon Ae is my only best friend at school. They are the only one know who is my brother. My oppa is really popular at my school. Nobody know about us at school except for my friends. We always keep a distance when we walk to school so nobody notice we were together every morning. 

"Hana!" I almost fell when I heard someone calling my name so loud.

"Yah...Moon Ae. Aish." I said as I pull her arm toward me. I try not pinch her.

"Oww...always so grumpy every morning. Aish." Moon Ae said to me and make annoyed expression.

"Like I care." I said and walk ahead of her. I lost sight of my brother, it seems he already run off to his class. I enter the gate and leave my friend behind. 

Baam.

"Ah...I'm sorry." I bumped into someone. I apologizes immediately. It was a guy and I was so close to his chest. I could feel my face burning in embarassment. He was tall and he smell nice. 'What? Smell nice? What the hell?!' I scold myself in my head. 

"Ah...its okay." He said. I didn't look at him. I immediately pull myself away from him. Somehow, I feel like he was staring at me. 

"Er...then if you will excuse me." I said and try to walk away. But he stop me.

"Wait...what's your name?" He ask me suddenly.

"Eh...my name? Why you need to know my name?" I bluntly ask him back. This time I look at his face.

........

Owh yeah...I was in daze for a moment. He is so good looking. I couldn't stop staring.

"Well...I have no reason, I just want to know your name. My name is Kim Myungsoo by the way." He said to me and smile. The name seem familiar and I did hear the name from somewhere. 

"My name is Hana. Kwon Hana." I said simply. I immediately bow a little and then leave him afterward. I ran to my class quickly. Interacting with boys always been difficult for me since I become so awkward with my own oppa. I feel like boys is so complicated and hard to understand. I just don't know how to talk to them.