Him

Faint Love

 

six

 

 

soo ah.

 

"Ah..." 

 

I stared outside the window. He was there, right in front of me! I didn't expect it at all! It was too much for a coincidence for him to just be so near me... My heart thumped a little, as if I was nervous of something. Yet again, those gentle eyes were gazing right at my very soul. It was kinda embarrassing, but I somehow felt comfortable. I felt like I belong for some reason. I felt really, really relaxed with those eyes fixed at me. I felt the warmth of the hot spring day, the breeze of the early morning, the cherry blossoms interferring with our little and short contact. It was as if there was not even one problem in the world, it felt like everything around me was at a stand-still. 

 

I suddenly came up with a bright idea.

 

Just as soon as he averted his eyes from me, I withdrew from my spot and rushed to my bag, getting a pen and a piece of paper. I was scribbling really fast that I didn't care about my handwriting at all! Right when I finished, I rushed to the window to see if he was still there. I raised the paper with some text on it when I realized he wasn't there anymore. It was too bad... I missed the chance! Stupid Soo Ah... And it was the only time for me to mingle with other people. I had the opportunity and I let it slip away from my grasp! Maybe I should've mouthed it instead, but that wouldn't work either. He would think that I was doing something terribly strange.

 

In his eyes, maybe I was just a strange girl who doesn't even talk.

 

Maybe those eyes were only gentle towards me...

 

Because he pities me...

 

I sighed and slumped on my seat while pouting. Maybe some other time? That is, if I still had another time. If only I wasn't that slow like a turtle, then I could've gotten the chance to hold even the tiniest conversation with him. We had eye contact though... I should just get contented with my life.

 

After all, that was the only thing that I could do.

 

"You brat, don't act like you're all high and mighty just because you're popular with the guys!"

 

"All you could ever do is to shake your head or nod! What's up with that!?"

 

"Ngh..." I bit my bottom lip, maybe I shouldn't have tried to make a move after all... I crumpled the paper and inserted it inside my right pocket. The bell rang, but still, the teacher was late. I didn't even care at all.

 

It was lunch time, and I bet Ji Eun would probably drag me off to someplace else. I didn't mind, but I just didn't feel like scanning a lot of different people's faces. That was the thing that's wrong with me - I avoid people. I was just really glad that I met Ji Eun - She tolerated my attitude and we became friends since. I was happy even if it was just a little; a had a companion by my side, someone who looks at you with wonderful and caring eyes, like you've known them for a long time... Not the ones that just strikes your eyes bleeding. 

 

Stranger's gazes were totally scary.

 

"Soo Ah~ Let's go eat, shall we?" Ji Eun grabbed my arm and shook it up and down. She had a very cute smile on her face, her pigtails dangling as she jumped in enjoyment. It was obvious that she was excited, while I was practically spacing out on my spot.

 

ji eun.

 

It was obvious that Soo Ah was spacing out. The kid was so easy to read. I knew it would seem like a bother with a really cheerful and hyperactive girl beside her, but the point is, I wanted her to be as cheerful as me! I didn't want to see her sad nor troubled, I couldn't. This was the only thing I could do - To protect her.

 

I tried lifting her spirits up - "And also, this is the only time that we could mingle with others~!"

 

"Mmm..." She nodded. I knew it was a burden for her, but...

 

She headed out first. There was a piece of crumpled paper that fell from her pocket - I went down to pick it up.

 

What's your name...?

 

That was what had been written on the paper. Does this belong to Soo Ah? Hmm...

 

I wonder who he... or she could be?