Halloween

Growing Pains

divider.png

Sungyeol was finishing his shift at Sarang’s, making sure everything was just right before he could head home. Jiseon had dance practice today and Myungsoo was working late but truthfully, he was looking forward to a few hours of solitude. It would be nice to relax in a nice bath, his thoughtful boyfriend had even gifted him some bath bombs after he saw Sungyeol creeping on Lush’s instagram late one night. He had been meaning to try one but had been so busy with prepping for Halloween that time had escaped him.

 

But tonight he was determined to find some relaxation. The parents took turns carpooling back and forth to practices, so this evening someone would be dropping off Jiseon at the apartment after her class finished. That meant he could finally open up that bottle of wine Myungsoo had bought, he always loved a nice glass of Riesling and-

 

The sound of the door chiming caught Sungyeol’s attention from where he was crouched down behind the counter. He could’ve sworn he locked it before, but maybe his daydreaming had gotten the best of him, yet again.

 

“Sorry, we’re closed for the night!” He called out, not bothering to stop his task of cleaning the window display underneath the register.

 

“It’s me.” A deep voice spoke that Sungyeol immediately recognized.

 

“Hoya?” He looked over his shoulder, smiling when he saw his friend.

 

“Yeah.” The man said sheepishly. “Long time, no see.”

 

Sungyeol dropped his cleaning supplies on the counter, giving his friend a hug. “You’ve been in my thoughts lately. I know it’s been rough but I hope everything is as okay as it could be.” Hoya nodded, but didn’t really say much else. Sungyeol waited patiently for a minute, but when the other man made no move to continue on with a conversation, he decided to pry.

 

“So… is there a reason you stopped by? I’ve got a few treats if you’re feeling hungry or I could always make you some coffee, it’s really no trouble-”

 

“No, no. It’s nothing like that. I just… was driving home from the hospital and I saw your cafe and it just made me think that I should come say thank you. In person.”

 

Sungyeol frowned, not really sure what he had done to deserve the visit. “Thanks for…?”

 

“Being there for Dongwoo. He hasn’t been happy at home and it’s my fault... I know he tells you everything. He’s your best friend and you care about him but… you’ve really gone the extra mile for him lately. You already know things between me and Dongwoo aren’t perfect and we aren’t really talking so… I guess I’m just glad that he’s got you to talk to.”

 

The taller man did his best to hide his reaction; the last time Dongwoo had talked to him about their marriage he only had worries. Sungyeol had no idea that those worries had turned into a reality. To think that Hoya and Dongwoo weren’t speaking? The idea didn’t even make sense in his mind, the two of them had always been so in sync, so strong. But now wasn’t the time for questions, so he filed the information away for later. “I’ll always be there for Dongwoo. This is a tough time for both of you… the transition isn’t going to be easy.” Sungyeol told him earnestly.

 

“I know. And I wish… things were different. In so many ways and I know you were on your way out and you’ve probably got plans so I’ll keep it short.” He grabbed Sungyeol’s shoulder, squeezing it purposefully. “Thank you, for always looking out for him. I know you’ve got this new thing going with Myungsoo, and it probably hasn’t been the easiest thing to have him crashing at your place all the time.”

 

“Crashing with me?” Sungyeol repeated, more than a little confused and unable to hide his instant reaction to Hoya’s insinuation.

 

“Yeah. But just know that… every time he stays the night with you he always comes back home a little happier. You’ve managed to make him feel better than I ever did through this whole ordeal, so I’m more than indebted to you.” Hoya moved to walk away but paused at the door. “But… if it’s not too much to ask, could you not mention this to Dongwoo? I know he’s been enjoying having some space from me and I don’t want him to think I’m trying to be controlling or that I’m checking up on him by talking to you so…”

 

“Sure.” Sungyeol said through a forced smile, looking at the other man critically. “Hoya…”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“It gets better. I mean, I know that right now it feels like the end of the world, but with time it does get better. I still think about Sarang til this day. Sometimes when I open up the cafe, I still expect to see her come walking through those doors, with a new recipe to try or a story to tell. I know that our situations are different but… if I could go back in time and give myself any advice, it would be to remember all the ways she made me happy and to focus on all the good memories we made together. If you spend all of your energy thinking about how different it is with Sooyong gone, instead of being grateful for the time you had with him, you’ll only feel sad. And personally, I think you and Dongwoo deserve all the happiness in the world.”

 

Hoya’s face formed a closed lip smile, his eyes thoughtful as he regarded Sungyeol’s words. “Recovery is different for everyone, but thanks for your advice. I’ll see you around, yeah?”

 

“Yeah.” Sungyeol agreed. “Just text me before you come next time, and I’ll make sure to save you some sweets. I always give Minho the extras but he can go without them for your benefit.”

 

“I got it.” Hoya obliged him, waving before disappearing out the door to leave. Sungyeol watched him drive away, the ball of anxiety growing larger and larger as his brain really started to process just how complicated things were about to get between his best friend and his husband. The moment the doctor was out of sight he was pulling out his phone, practically smashing the buttons in his haste. The phone rang for a tense few seconds, but finally Dongwoo picked up.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Tell me you’re free right now.”

 

“Yeah, just wrapping up things at the station. I had some paperwork to do so I stayed a bit late.” Dongwoo said over the line, papers shuffling in the background.

 

“We need to meet up; preferably as soon as possible. I know things are busy since it’s Halloween week, but I really need you to make some time for me.”

 

“Okay. Well I’m honestly pretty tied up until the holiday is over. I’ll be exhausted after working the Halloween shift so… what about the night after? Maybe we can have dinner or something.”

 

“Yeah. I’d like that.”

 

“Okay, I’ll see you then. And Yeollie?”

 

“Mhmm?”

 

“I’m really happy that we’re making plans. I feel like I haven’t seen as much of you lately and it’s just… I miss you.”

 

Sungyeol sighed, the conflicting feelings growing because he knew that Dongwoo was being sincere. But that didn’t change the fact that he was using him as an alibi to lie to his husband, and no matter what way Sungyeol looked at it, that didn’t seem like the Dongwoo he knew. Something was seriously wrong, and he was determined to get to the bottom of it.

 

“Yeah… I really miss you too. I’ll see you soon?”

 

“Sounds perfect.”

 

Sungyeol grabbed his keys after he finished up closing the cafe. The whole drive home he couldn’t get the issue out of his mind, his thoughts racing with potential explanations and horrible implications. His best friend had some explaining to do, and he had a feeling that things were about to get pretty worse before they got better.

 

divider.png

“Honestly, I don’t know if I should be disgusted or horrified. The idea of a vegan burger is kind of blasphemous and yet-”
 

“It’s good, isn’t it?” Yongguk’s signature gummy grin proved just how pleased he was with himself.

 

Myungsoo took another bite, swallowing down the burger with a moan of bliss. “It’s not good, it’s delicious. I don’t know what this means. My entire life has been a lie.”

 

Yongguk laughed, kicking Myungsoo’s leg. “Dramatic, much? I’ve been trying to get you to come over for some home cooked cuisine for a weeks now but someone was always too busy.” He mocked him, air quotes and all.

 

“Sorry I at being a friend. I’ll admit that I’ve been a little preoccupied with Sungyeol. And Jiseon. Getting to know his daughter is a whole nother thing in itself.”

 

“I’m just giving you a hard time, man. I know how important he is to you, and Jiseon has always been adorable so I get it if I’m lower on the totem pole. You should be spending time with him instead of hanging out with an amazing cook like myself.”

 

Myungsoo scoffed, but it wasn’t too convincing as he wolfed down his meal. “Don’t get too cocky now.”

 

“You’ll be singing a different tune once you taste my vegetarian lasagna.”

 

“Normally, I wouldn’t even dare to try it but if it’s half as good as this burger, than I’m more than ready to give it a go.” Myungsoo picked up his beer, taking a long swig from the bottle. “But you can’t blame our lack of hanging out all on me. I seem to remember seeing some very interesting pictures around the middle of the month. Like a certain person that I know had a birthday that you celebrated in an over the top way.”

 

“It wasn’t like that.”

 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “There were pictures of your ‘surprise birthday present’ all over Junhong’s instagram. Don’t those Beats headphones start out at a couple hundred?”

 

“I was just doing something nice for my friend! He’s a musician, I know he’ll put it to good use.”

 

“Uh huh.” Myungsoo said unconvincingly. “Did you at least get a kiss out of it?” Yongguk took a drink from his beer, purposely turning away from his friend. Myungsoo clapped his hands, ecstatic that he had exposed his companion. “I knew it!”

 

“That’s not why I got him a present!”

 

Myungsoo raised his hands in a placating gesture. “Never said it was; but it doesn’t change the fact that it happened. Congrats, man. I’m glad the two of you stopped dancing around each other and just made it happen.”

 

“Yeah.” Yongguk shrugged. “It’s new and I’m not to the type of guy to rush anything so, we’ll see. But enough about that; I want to hear all the details. Last time we had a heart to heart you couldn’t even tell me Sungyeol’s name. Now you’re getting involved with his kid? That’s quite the change.”

 

“I know it’s kind of crazy but… it just works. Once we got all the secrets out of the way, all of the baggage out in the open… things just clicked. He really trusts me and he proves it to me everyday. Somehow, he’s managed to make me learn so much about myself, just by being close to him and Jiseon.”

 

“How so?”

 

“I don’t know.” Myungsoo struggled to put it into words properly. “I guess… if you would have asked me before, I would have never thought that I’d be dating a single dad. And there are times when it’s frustrating; when we have plans and he suddenly has to cancel. Or when it seems like there’s enough time in the day for us to be alone and just enjoy each other. But at the same time, Jiseon is just… amazing. She’s literally a part of Sungyeol and she makes him happier than anyone else in this world.” He smiled to himself just thinking about the loyalty and love that Sungyeol had for his daughter.

 

“I think we all have our own ideas about what love is and what it means but… the connection they have is so… all encompassing. She is his world, and he is hers. She depends on him for everything that she needs, and he has to carry that burden 24/7. Everything he does is for her, all the long hours and hard work. But… that’s what being a parent is. And I see how much he loves having her in his life every time that I’m around them.”

 

“So you don’t regret it? Dating a single parent?” Yongguk asked curiously.

 

“Of course not. If anything it just… makes me love Sungyeol even more. For finally letting me in and making an effort to have me be a part of things. I won’t deny that in the beginning he did hurt me but… I can understand why he felt like he had to. She’s his daughter and he’s protective of her and she always comes first. I just hope that as time goes on I will be able to prove to the both of them that I’m in this for the long haul. That I want to be there for both of them… to take care of them as much as I can.”

 

Yongguk sat up straighter on the couch, the seriousness of Myungsoo’s words taking him surprise. “Are you saying… what I think you’re saying?”

 

Myungsoo nodded, finally saying that out loud that thing he had been feeling in his heart for awhile now. “What I feel for Sungyeol… it feels like forever. I’m not saying that I’m going to propose or do something drastic like that anytime soon… probably not for a long time if I’m being honest. But… when I think the three of us being a family… it doesn’t seem like a far fetched idea. It feels like a real possibility. And quite frankly, it’s what I want to happen.”

 

“Damn.” Yongguk smiled at his friend, truly happy for him. “You’ve got it bad.”

 

“Yeah, I do.” Myungsoo laughed, just happy to be able to finally admit to anyone who would listen just how much he cared for his boyfriend. “And I can’t say that I have any regrets.”

 

“So what’s next?” Yongguk stood, taking their empty plates as they headed towards the kitchen. “You’ve finally got your man. You’re getting closer to his daughter. You’ve decided that you want this to be a permanent thing. What happens next?”

 

“I take it day by day. Which means that tomorrow I get to have my first trick or treating experience with the man I love and his daughter.” His phone buzzed in his pocket, and he opened it up to find a picture of a red headed Jiseon grinning up at the camera with two thumbs up.

 

It’s not permanent, but if she’s going to the Black Widow she’s gotta have red hair! We both can’t wait to see you tomorrow!

 

“Aww, she looks so cute.” Yongguk remarked, looking over Myungsoo’s shoulder at the picture. The younger man nodded in agreement, his phone vibrating again with the alert for a new text. He swiped it open, and almost choked; immediately hiding his phone screen in his chest.

 

Yongguk gave him a strange look. “What? What is it?”

 

“Nothing, nothing. I just… almost dropped my phone. Guess I’ve had more to drink than I realized.”

 

“Sure.” Yongguk clearly wasn’t buying it, but wasn’t pushing the issue. He turned away to clean off their plates at the sink, and Myungsoo seized the opportunity to save the picture Sungyeol had sent him.

 

His boyfriend was wearing a white shirt, the buttons completely undone to show off his chest. There was a crimson and yellow striped tie wrapped around his neck, paired with some tight black boxer briefs. What finished off the look was a pair of circle framed glasses, with a little lightning bolt on his forehead.

 

If I was your Harry Potter this Halloween, would you let me play with your magic wand?

 

Myungsoo let out a strangled laugh, immediately texting back a hell yes. Dating Sungyeol was a little like being on a rollercoaster. He could never seem to know what to expect, but it sure was one hell of a ride.

 

divider.png

“Jiseon!” Sungyeol called out. “If you don’t help Daddy bring out treats for your friends we can’t start trick-or-treating!”

 

“Coming!” Jiseon sang, scampering across the apartment to the kitchen. Her eyes sparkled at the sight of the bouquets of cake pops standing on the counter. They were decorated to look like pumpkins and skeleton heads and some bats. “Wow!” she exclaimed.

 

Sungyeol smiled at her, leaning on the counter to look at her face. “Like them? I made cake pops for the first time!”

 

“They’re so pretty!” she swooned, reaching out to touch one.

 

“Aren’t they?” Sungyeol agreed happily. He plucked a black bat cake pop and gave one to Jiseon.

 

Jiseon’s eyes lit up as she bit into it. She giggled happily as she looked up at her father, her joy more than apparent in her eyes. “It’s good!”

 

“Right? Here,” he said, handing her a small paper bag, “you can help me put them all in here and you can hand them out to the other kids before we go trick-or-treating.”

 

She nodded, adjusting the red wig on her head as she carefully put each cake pop into the bag with care. He laughed at her, she was so careful with the pops, he didn’t have the heart to tell her that the candy melt coating was sturdy enough to handle some rough transportation. But she was so concentrated, Sungyeol could only smile.

 

“Are we ready to go now?” he asked when all the cake pops had been loaded into the bag and Jiseon had her plastic pumpkin in her hand. She nodded and Sungyeol continued, “You’re going to hand one out to each one of the kids, right?”

 

“Yes!” she replied with a big thumbs up.

 

“Good!” He checked his phone. “Okay, well all the kids in the building should be meeting at the front street right now, so let’s go meet them and pass out the cake pops. Yeah?”

 

“Yeah!” she cheered.

 

Sungyeol followed her out the door after one more thorough costume check. Her red wig was secure and her outfit was wrinkle free. His costume on the other hand had many more layers now that he had put on his cloak and some pants. He smiled briefly at the reply Myungsoo had sent to the risque picture of himself. It was only slightly disappointing that Myungsoo couldn’t trick or treat with them since he had to patrol, but the impending thought of him joining them later was what kept Sungyeol giddy.

 

Sungyeol and Jiseon’s moods were both high as they exited their apartment and made their way down to the entrance where there was already a small pack of children. A couple pirates and fairies littered the foyer, as well as their parents. Jiseon was scanning the small crowd, looking for her closest friend from their apartment building.

 

“Haerin!” she squealed as she spotted her friend. Jiseon went skittering across the floor, Sungyeol tailing her with a chuckle.

 

“Jiseon!” the other girl replied. She was dressed as a cat, her plush paw gloves hugging Jiseon tightly.

 

“I have a treat for you,” Jiseon told her excitedly, motioning for her father to come over. Sungyeol lowered the bag of treats to her arm’s level and she plucked out the prettiest pumpkin design, handing it to Haerin generously. “My Daddy made cake pops!”

 

“Wow!” the other girl’s eyes lit up as she took hold of it in her hands. “It’s so pretty!”

 

“Haerin,” a strong voice suddenly said, “what do we say?”

 

Haerin looked up behind her towards a muscular male with silver and blue hair. She nodded knowingly and turned to Sungyeol, bowing. “Thank you, sir!”

 

Sungyeol smiled down at her, her brightness making him glow. “Don’t mention it.” He handed the bag to Jiseon and said, “Jiseon, would you and Haerin like to pass the rest of these out to the kids before we head out?”

 

“Yes, please!” the two girls said.

 

Haerin looked up her guardian with pleading eyes and the silver and blue haired man chuckled. “Go ahead, Haerin, just make sure you stay where I can see you.”

 

“Yes, Hoseok!” she sang as she ran off with Jiseon.

 

Sungyeol smiled and turned towards the other male, a boy named Hoseok who was nearly about to graduate college. He was Haerin’s older brother and was her legal guardian. Sungyeol and Hoseok weren’t close but he knew him more than the other parents in the building.

 

“That time of year again, isn’t it?” Sungyeol said with a friendly smile.

 

Hoseok smiled back. “Yeah, it is. Haerin was so adamant on her costume this year and she insisted we had to match.”

 

Sungyeol tilted his head in confusion. Haerin was nothing but a beige cat and Hoseok’s costume was hard to recognize. He wore white pants and something akin to a crop top over a black shirt with it. His black boots and gloves didn’t help Sungyeol any much more and he couldn’t make out the red design on the center of his shirt since Hoseok’s arms were crossed.

 

He rubbed the fake lightning bolt on his forehead and tried to ask Hoseok what he was without being too clueless about it. But suddenly, another man came towards Hoseok wearing the exact same costume and Sungyeol became a little more confused.

 

“Babe,” the other man said, “I grabbed Haerin’s inhaler just in case since her asthma’s been acting up lately. And the cold air tonight won’t help either.” He glanced up and noticed Sungyeol, his smile brightening immediately. “Oh, hi! We haven’t seen each other in a while.”

 

Sungyeol wanted to cough because to be honest, he wasn’t sure if he had ever seen this man at all. His bright pink hair triggered no memories in Sungyeol’s mind but his smile seemed somewhat familiar at least…

 

“You probably don’t remember me,” the pink-haired male said. “I’m Kihyun. I’m… Hoseok’s boyfriend?” he said slowly with a smile, as if waiting for Sungyeol to recognize him.

 

Sungyeol didn’t. But he plastered on a smile anyways. “Oh, yes! Kihyun, I- I completely remember you! Hoseok’s boyfriend…” He cleared his throat. “Anyways, you guys are matching costumes? That’s cute.”

 

The two smiled at each other. They were both so young, it made Sungyeol smile. He didn’t exactly have the best memories of college romance but the thought of it always brought a certain nostalgia over him.

 

“Yeah,” Kihyun said with a sheepish smile. “We weren’t planning on going as a trio but Haerin really insisted so it just ended up… happening.”

 

Hoseok grinned at Sungyeol. “I think it’s super cute how you and Jiseon don’t match though. All the parents like matching with their kids but you two are charmingly mismatched.”

 

Sungyeol laughed. “Yeah, Harry Potter and Black Widow aren’t exactly the most popular costume duo these days.”

 

“You two still look adorable though,” Hoseok mentioned with a large smile. “Her Black Widow costume is awesome, by the way, total props to whoever designed it.”

 

“You can thank my best friend’s sister for that,” Sungyeol replied with a proud grin. “She’s a genius when it comes to making this kind of stuff. All of Jiseon’s costumes I owe to her.”

 

Kihyun smiled at the two girls. “It’s a really great costume.”

 

The two girls came running back to them suddenly, Jiseon’s face wide and bright with a smile. “Daddy! We finished giving out the cake pops! Everyone really likes them!”

 

“Did they?” he asked her, bending down to look her in the eye. “Are there any left?”

 

“Of course!” Jiseon sang, pulling out a bright orange cake pop in the shape of a pumpkin. “This one is for Mr. Myungsoo!”

 

Sungyeol smiled at the gesture and ruffled her hair. “That’s so nice of you, princess.”

 

Jiseon perked up and pulled out two more cake pops. She turned towards Hoseok and Kihyun and handed them up towards them. “Haerin also saved these for you!”

 

Haerin nodded by her side as Hoseok and Kihyun thanked Jiseon graciously and she went back to her father’s side. Sungyeol picked her up in his arms, kissing her cheeks as she giggled. He loved her kindness. It was one of her many aspects that just made him fall more in love with her.

 

“Mr. Myungsoo says he’s sorry, by the way,” Sungyeol told her, holding her gently. “I know I already told you he can’t trick or treat with us but I don’t remember telling you what he said.”

 

Jiseon grinned. “It’s okay. He’s working to keep us safe, so it’s fine! Plus, I’ll save him lots of candy so he doesn’t feel left out later.”

 

One of the main parents then announced they were going to start the trick or treating route now that the light of dusk was beginning to filter in. Sungyeol set Jiseon down and walked hand in with her out the door next to Haerin and her brother.

 

It was maybe a block later that Sungyeol realized that Hoseok, Kihyun and Haerin were collectively supposed to be Team Rocket. Kihyun and Hoseok’s pink and blue hair were supposed to be Jesse and James and Haerin was supposed to be Meowth. Once Sungyeol realized it, he couldn’t even stop smiling because what a cute trio costume.

 

It made him think to himself a bit. He wondered if maybe next year, it would be him, Myungsoo and Jiseon sporting a trio costume instead. He could imagine them as their own small royal family, with Myungsoo being the knight and Jiseon as a the princess. And perhaps Sungyeol would be a wizard. Or maybe they could even be characters from some of Myungsoo’s beloved Ghibli movies. Jiseon dressing up as Arrietty or maybe Ponyo would be an adorable image. Sungyeol laughed to himself as the image of Jiseon dressed as Chihiro and Myungsoo dressed as No-Face crossed his mind.

 

Sungyeol shook his head because he was probably thinking too hard about something so trivial. He and Myungsoo might have been official but it was nothing immensely serious where they would match costumes or something. But the potential of matching costumes made Sungyeol smile so widely, it almost hurt his face. He wanted so many things with Myungsoo.

 

But slowly, he reassured himself. It would all happen soon enough. And the feeling that Myungsoo was slowly becoming part of their small family was a good enough feeling for Sungyeol any day.

 

He kind of wished Myungsoo was here to watch Jiseon go around to the houses and shops around the area and happily say “Trick-or-Treat!” with him but it was okay if he didn’t because Sungyeol realized that there would probably be a next year where Myungsoo joined them.

 

After maybe forty-five minutes of solid candy receiving, the parents decided it would be best to head back now that the sun was completely down and it was dark out. Jiseon was skipping along happily while his hand, excitedly chatting with Haerin about all the types of candy she got.

 

“This one,” she said, letting go of her dad’s hand and holding up a lollipop, “is for me! Because it’s my favorite color.” She rummaged around again for a moment. “I’m going to give this one to Riku in my class because he likes sour candy.”

 

Sungyeol smiled down at her. “You won’t see Riku until Monday though.”

 

“I’ll save it! I just can’t eat it…” She looked at Haerin in thought. “Maybe I won’t save it for him then…”

 

When they reached their apartment’s entrance, Jiseon and Sungyeol bid their goodbyes to Haerin and her brother. It was nice to escape the noise and enter the calm of their apartment. Jiseon already began to dump her candy on the floor, sorting out the ones she would keep and the ones she would hand away to her friends and family.

 

“Daddy, look at this one!” she exclaimed, holding up a pack of Pokemon themed gummies. “I’ll give this to Squirtle oppa. I think he’ll like them.”

 

“I’m sure he will sweetheart,” Sungyeol told her. “I think you’ll see him on Monday also.”

 

Jiseon grinned brightly, putting that packet aside in the small growing pile she was making. She continued sorting her candy for about twenty more minutes before a knock came at their apartment door.

 

Sungyeol looked up from the couch curiously. “Who could that be…?” he wondered. “Can’t be trick or treaters.”

 

Looking up from her candy piles, Jiseon blinked. “Maybe Haerin wanted to trade candy,” she suggested innocently.

 

Sungyeol gave her a raised eyebrow and a smile. “I don’t think so,” he sang. “Hoseok wouldn’t have gone out just for that…”

 

Jiseon got up from the floor, accompanying her dad to the door with wide eyes. “What if it’s a monster?” she whispered. “And he came for my candy! Like in the book we read in school!”

 

“I don’t think it’s that either,” Sungyeol laughed, unlocking the door.

 

And the two of them gasped, not because a monster was in front of their door, but a very familiar junior detective was instead.

 

“Mr. Myungsoo!” Jiseon exclaimed happily, jumping over to hug him. She wrapped her arms around his waist as tight as she could and said, “Daddy said you couldn’t come today.”

 

Myungsoo grinned and ruffled her hair before leaning over to give Sungyeol a big peck on the cheek. “I thought,” Sungyeol began, “you said you had to patrol tonight.”

 

“Yeah, I did.” Myungsoo smiled at him. “But my shift is over so I came here straight away. Couldn’t celebrate my first Halloween in San Jose without my favorite two people in the whole world.”

 

“Oh, babe, that’s great!” Sungyeol leaned over to give him a tight hug of his own with a warm laugh. “Thanks so much, you’re the best.”

 

Myungsoo smiled cheekily, giving Sungyeol another peck. “I know.”

 

“But Mr. Myungsoo,” Jiseon said, stepping back. “Where’s your costume?”

 

Sungyeol looked over Myungsoo’s outfit -- he wore a white shirt and half buttoned light teal cardigan that was pushed halfway up his arms along with his fitted jeans and navy baseball cap. “You didn’t… patrol in this outfit. Did you? Don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice outfit,” Sungyeol said. “Not exactly what I imagined you doing your job in though.”

 

Myungsoo looked down at his clothes and looked up in half surprise. “This is my costume!” he insisted. “You don’t recognize who I am?”

 

“Not… really?” Sungyeol mused. He looked down at his daughter. “Do you know who he is, baby?”

 

Jiseon shook her, her forehead crinkled in thought. “No…”

 

Myungsoo bent down to her eye level and said, “Let me give you a hint then.” He pulled out a small plush toy from his pocket, no bigger than his hand. Jiseon’s eyes lit up as she recognized it as Baymax. “On a scale of one to ten, how do you rate your pain?” Myungsoo said in a robotic voice.

 

“You’re Tadashi!” she squealed happily. “Mr. Myungsoo, you’re Tadashi!”

 

“That’s right!” Myungsoo pet her head affectionately. “You’re such a smart girl, you should go to San Fransokyo Institute of Technology,” he joked.

 

“I don’t think her deductive reasoning is enough to get her into a prestigious engineering school,” Sungyeol said with a raised eyebrow. “You have to be good at stuff like math to get into that school.”

 

Jiseon tugged Myungsoo inside. “You can help me count my candy!” she exclaimed. “And help me practice math like you did that one day. That way I can get into… um, San Fransi- San Franso-...” she scrunched her face. It would seem she couldn’t pronounce the name. “Tadashi’s school!”

 

“That’s right, sweetheart,” Myungsoo nodded, sitting cross legged on the floor in between the two candy piles.

 

Sungyeol locked the door and turned to go to the kitchen. “Let me get you some food -- I’m sure you’re starved. Jiseon, why don’t you show him the candy you set aside for him?”

 

“Oh yeah!”

 

Myungsoo smiled at her before turning his attention to his boyfriend. Sungyeol walked past him briskly and Myungsoo got a great view of his backside in his jeans since he wasn’t wearing his Hogwarts cloak.

 

“Hey, babe,” Myungsoo whispered.

 

The other turned to meet his gaze, a slight look of confusion on his face. “Yes?”

 

Myungsoo grinned cheekily. “A thousand points to Gryffindor.”

 

divider.png

 

“Looks like I’m your knight in shining armor.” Woohyun grinned, making sure the jumper cables were securely attached before hopping back into his car. “Go ahead and turn him on.”

 

“You are so ridiculous.” Dongwoo complained as he slid into the front seat of his car, turning over the engine. His car sputtered for a few moments, but eventually revved into gear. “Thank god.” He let out the nervous breath he had been holding, happy that the crisis was avoided. When he walked outside after a long day at work only to discover that he left his lights on and his car was dead, he was beyond annoyed. But luckily, all it took was one simple text and help had arrived for him within minutes.

 

Woohyun was such a great friend to him.

 

The brunette got out of his car, walking over to lean against Dongwoo’s open window. “Probably best to let them run for a couple minutes, make sure your battery has enough juice to get you home.”

 

“I’m not going home actually.”

 

“Oh?” Woohyun said intrigued. “You meeting up with your husband for a hot date?”

 

Dongwoo laughed bitterly, shaking his head. “That… won’t be happening any time soon.”

 

Woohyun shrugged his shoulders. “His loss; what are you doing tonight then?”

 

“Me and Sungyeol are meeting up. It’s been awhile since we’ve had some hangout time so… we both decided it’s kind of long overdue.” Dongwoo explained.

 

“Don’t tell me he’s getting jealous.”

 

“Why would he be jealous of you?” Dongwoo countered, but Woohyun just smirked.

 

“Because I’m the one you’ve been spending all your time with lately. He better watch out or I’ll steal his best friend spot.”

 

“That is so never going to happen.”

 

“I don’t know. I’ve been told I’m a pretty persuasive guy. Guess that’s why I’m such a good lawyer.”

 

Dongwoo laughed, shaking his head. “Did anyone ever tell you that you are very confident in yourself?”

 

“Yes. But it’s usually when we’re laying in bed together.”

 

“Stop.” Dongwoo chided him, checking the time on his phone. “I think the car should be good. I’m going to head out.”

 

“Just use me for all my good parts and toss me aside. It’s like freshman year all over again!”

 

“I swear, I will get out of this car and kick your !” The blonde threatened, raising his hand in jest.

 

“You could never hurt me; I could sue for police brutality. And I’ve got a special connection with your Chief so I’ll totally win the case.” Woohyun said matter of factly, tapping on the car door.

 

“You’re a menace.”

 

“It’s why you love me.” Woohyun finished smugly, jogging back to his car. “Don’t have too much fun without me tonight!”

 

Dongwoo waved him off, sending off a text to Sungyeol that he was on his way before pulling out of the parking lot. It was still warm enough outside to drive with his window down, and Dongwoo hummed along to the music on the radio. He was excited that he would finally get to have some one on one time with his best friend. Truthfully he had been missing Sungyeol something awful, and just being in his presence would be a pick me up in itself.

 

It didn’t take him long to arrive, but he was still a bit late to their dinner date because of his car trouble. He thanked Woohyun again in his mind, grateful that his friend had dropped everything to come to his aid. He knocked on the door, and immediately hopped into Sungyeol’s arms when he opened it.

 

“Nice to see you too!” Sungyeol laughed, hugging the smaller man tight to his body.

 

“It’s been forever! I’m so glad to see you.” Dongwoo was beaming, unable to contain his happiness.

 

“I know, me too. Let’s go to the kitchen; I’ve already got dinner waiting.”

 

“You’re a lifesaver! I swear, it’s been too long since I’ve had your cooking. I haven’t been making much of anything lately at home.”

 

“And why’s that?”

 

Dongwoo shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know. Me and Hoya haven’t really been on the same work schedule lately. And it’s never any fun cooking for just one person.”

 

Sungyeol nodded in understanding. “I feel you. You mind grabbing some drinks for us while I serve the food?”

 

“Of course! What are we in the mood for?”

 

“How about something a little heavier? Jiseon is staying the night at a friend’s house, and you can always crash here for the night if you can’t drive home.”

 

“Nice!” Dongwoo clapped, already standing up to raid Sungyeol’s liquor cabinet. “How about some strawberry daiquiris? I could use the blender!”

 

“That would be awesome. I think I have some fresh fruit in the fridge you could add in.” Sungyeol told him. They each set to work on their respective tasks, moving around each other smoothly as they navigated the kitchen. It wasn’t long before they were sitting at the kitchen table, a delicious red frozen cocktail in one hand and a fork in another.

 

Dongwoo moaned after he took his first bite, closing his eyes as he savored the taste. “Sungyeollie, this is honestly the best chicken marsala I have ever had! The flavor combination and the vegetables… just wow!”

 

The brunette laughed, shaking his head. “You’re a little too kind. It was nothing special, just a recipe I found online.”

 

“No, I swear, this is fantastic! One of these days I’m going to kidnap you and drive you up to LA for some Masterchef auditions. Gordon Ramsey would adore you. And you have the cutest life story! Single father who just recently fell in love… America would just eat you up!”

 

“You know how I feel about attention; it can be a bit overwhelming. As long as I have my friends, my family, and my boyfriend supporting me, I’ve got all the love I could need.” Sungyeol raised his glass, and Dongwoo clinked it in cheers.

 

The conversation stayed light, the both of them just catching up on recent events now that they were seeing each other in person. Dongwoo was ecstatic to hear about Jiseon’s Halloween adventures, and had appropriately oohed and aahed at her costume pictures.

 

They worked their way through their second helpings - Dongwoo a third because he had a bottomless pit for a stomach - and refilled their glasses accordingly. The detective started to fill in Sungyeol on how work was going, before smacking himself for his silliness.

 

“My bad; I forgot that you probably get these kind of updates from Myungsoo. Hopefully he doesn’t bore you too much with the details.”

 

“Nah, it’s nothing like that. It’s nice to listen to him talk about work actually; I can tell he’s really passionate about it and from what I hear things are going really well. He said that Sunggyu mentioned your recent bust at the department meeting.”

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Dongwoo said sheepishly. “It was kind of embarrassing, all the praise and pats on the back, but it’s good to know we’re appreciated.”

 

Sungyeol stood, starting to put the leftover food in tupperware while Dongwoo tackled the dishes. They worked in companionable silence, and in a few short minutes the kitchen was back to it’s clean state.

 

“Come on, let’s go out on the balcony. I might even have some left over candy for you if you’re good.”

 

“Oh, I’m always good.” Dongwoo teased, leading the way out to the small patio. It was nothing special but it was nice enough for an apartment this size, and Sungyeol had set up two chairs and a little table out there. They took their respective seats, sipping from their glasses and nibbling on bite sized candy as they enjoyed the weather.

 

“I can’t believe you have so many Snickers left over!” Dongwoo mused happily, peeling open another wrapper.

 

“Well you can thank Jiseon for that. She knew that you were coming over today and that Snickers were your favorite, so she insisted that we leave them all for you.”

 

Dongwoo placed a hand over his chest dramatically. “A girl after my own heart; I’m telling you, that Jiseonnie is the best thing you’ve ever done.”

 

Sungyeol grinned, popping a few Skittles into his mouth. “I agree with you wholeheartedly.”

 

“Kids are such a blessing, aren’t they?” Dongwoo said softly, his eyes starting to lose a bit of their spark. They hadn’t discussed the elephant in the room, but Sungyeol knew it was only a matter of time. He was going to do his best to help his friend through this difficult period.

 

“Yeah, they are.”

 

“Being a dad… it’s the greatest gift. Something that people just take for granted.” Dongwoo scoffed, throwing down his empty wrapper. “I mean, do you know how many dads out there don’t even care about their children? Don’t want to pay child support or spend time with their kids? They get to be fathers and they just… don’t even take advantage of it. They don’t even care. I mean, how is it fair that they get to be dads when Hoya and I-” He got choked up, unable to finish the sentence.

 

Sungyeol instantly set down his things, scooting his chair over into Dongwoo’s personal space. He wrapped his arms around his friend, holding him close as his body shook.

 

“We just want to be parents so, so badly. We just want to be able to love our son. Why is that something that I have to fight for? Why is that something I can’t have?”

 

“You can, Dongwoo. Don’t give up hope yet. I’m sure this adoption will work out, the courts will see how much you love Sooyong.” Sungyeol patted him on his back, trying his best to be comforting. “I know this is the hardest time of your life, but I promise you that you will get through it. I’m here for you.”

 

“I know that. You’re the best friend a guy could ever hope for Sungyeollie. Me and you… we’ve been through so much together.”

 

Sungyeol released him from the hug so he could pull back to look him in the eyes. “We have. So why are you disappearing on me?”

 

“I don’t know what you mean.”

 

“Dongwoo, you know exactly what I mean. It seems like everytime I try to make plans with you, you’re always busy with something. Whether it’s work or the case or being tired, you always have an excuse.”

 

The blonde looked away, trying to think of what to say. “It’s not an excuse… practically all my free time has gone towards working on the adoption case.”

 

“Okay, so you’re busy with the case. Why haven’t you asked for my help? Or came to me when you needed a break? Or even just talked to me about it? I’m your best friend, I’m supposed to be helping you through this.”

 

“But you are Sungyeol.”

 

“How? How am I helping you if we barely see each other? Barely even talk? You can’t sit here and act like we’ve been putting the same amount of effort into this friendship.”

 

“.” Dongwoo cursed, putting his head in his hands. “I know. I know that I’ve been off the grid lately.”

 

“Is it me? Do you feel like I wouldn’t understand? Or is it because I have Jiseon?”

 

“What?” Dongwoo shook his head venomously. “God no, Sungyeol. I would… I would never even dream of making you feel guilty about your daughter, especially after the hell you went through just to have her here and safe with you. It’s not that.”

 

“Then what is it? Tell me hyung, please.” Sungyeol begged, reaching forward to grab his hand.

 

“Sungyeollie… I’ve watched you suffer silently for years. I’ve watched you be so, so lonely. And even though I did my best to cheer you up, I knew that I could never be what you truly needed. You needed someone to put you first, to make you and Jiseon their priority. And Sungyeol… Myungsoo has done that. Just for you.”

 

“I know. I love him hyung.” Sungyeol said honestly, feeling at a loss. “I don’t understand why that means we can’t be close anymore.”

 

“That’s not what I’m saying. At all. I don’t care what happens, you’ll never get rid of me. That’s a promise.” Dongwoo squeezed his hand. “You’re my best friend in the whole wide world. No one will ever take your place in my heart.”

 

“Then why does it feel like we’re losing each other? Why does it feel like you’re keeping secrets?” Sungyeol asked, his voice growing shaky.

 

“I just don’t want to burden you, that’s all Sungyeollie. You’ve waited for so long to meet a man like Myungsoo; you’ve been waiting your whole life to fall in love and now you’ve finally got your dream man. Your happy ending… it’s here. It’s happening to you, right now. You’re living it and you have no idea how much I have wished and prayed for that for you. But for me… my fairy tale is just falling apart, and I just can’t… I can’t be the reason that you aren’t happy. And before you interject, I know you. You wear your heart on your sleeve and you love with every bit of you that you have and if I told you that sometimes I didn’t even want to wake up in the morning anymore I know it would break your heart.”

 

“Hyung…” Sungyeol started to cry, the words hitting him harshly.

 

“I know that I can’t be happy. My son is gone and my marriage…” Dongwoo sighed, frowning. “My life is just collapsing all around me. And maybe it doesn’t make sense but… it helps me to know that even if everything is so ed up for me, that you’re doing so well. Knowing that you’re happy helps me and I won’t tarnish that. So we can spend time together. We can eat and laugh and drink together like everything is fine. But we can’t talk about Sooyong. We can’t talk about my son if you want me to be able to keep going. Because it will break me, Sungyeol. It will break me if you make me talk about how bad things really are.”

 

Sungyeol wiped off his cheeks, biting his lip. “Then who are you talking to? Because if it’s not me and it’s not your husband, then who is it?”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“Come on, Dongwoo.” Sungyeol shook his head helplessly. “If we can’t talk about Sooyong, I’ll respect that. But what we will talk about is how you’ve been using me to cover up what you’ve really been up to.”

 

Dongwoo blinked, looking puzzled. “I don’t understand what you mean.”

 

“Really?” Sungyeol stood up, crossing his arms. “All this talk as if you’re protecting me and my happiness… when the truth is that you’re just protecting yourself.”

 

The blonde started to get upset at Sungyeol’s tone, the condemnation behind his words with no real explanation. “What the hell are you talking about Sungyeol?”

 

Sungyeol really didn’t want to take it there, especially after Dongwoo had just bared his soul, but he couldn’t hold it in any longer. He needed to get to the bottom of what was really going on. “Hoya came to see me at Sarang’s.”

 

“Okay?”

 

“You know what, he asked me not to say anything to you but I don’t care. I don’t care because I won’t be a part of this anymore. I won’t lie to my friends, and I won’t look the other way when I know things are messed up.”

 

“What did he say to you?” Dongwoo asked, a little fear creeping into his voice. “Did he say we were fighting? That we’re growing apart? Because that’s not exactly something I’m proud to admit to you, Yeol.”

 

“He didn’t come to tell me about your marriage Dongwoo. He actually came there to thank me.”

 

Dongwoo looked confused. “Thank you?”

 

“Yes. He said that he knew that things were rough between the two of you lately, and he was so grateful that you had me to talk to. He knows that you haven’t been happy lately and it’s his fault.”

 

“He… he said that?” A part of Dongwoo was shocked that his husband had taken responsibility so cleanly, especially to his best friend. He couldn’t even imagine what would drive Hoya to go to Sungyeol and admit something so… devastating.

 

“But you didn’t even let me finish. Cause what he said at the end was so interesting to me.”

 

Dongwoo’s was afraid to ask but he had to know. “What?”

 

“He was super grateful that I’ve been allowing you to crash here at my apartment. That we’ve been having so many sleepovers and heart to hearts. He said that each time you come back after staying the night with me, that you look happier.”

 

The color drained out of Dongwoo’s face, and he looked stricken to his core. “D-did you…?”

 

“Did I lie? Did I tell him that I haven’t seen you in ages, and that it definitely wasn’t my bed you were sleeping in?”

Dongwoo held up his hands, trying to pacify his friend. “Sungyeollie… you don’t understand.”

 

“What? What is it that I don’t understand Dongwoo? Because what I understand is that I looked into your husband’s face and lied. I covered for you, so you could continue to do whatever the hell it is you’ve been doing.” Sungyeol started to pace, his anger starting to get the best of him. “You know, you were furious with me when I lied about my relationship with Myungsoo. All the lectures about how I should have been honest and came to you with my problems and now you do this? You force me to be complicit in this charade?”

“It’s not what you think!” The blonde tried to defend himself, but Sungyeol was resilient. He stepped closer, crossing his arms over his chest.

 

“Look me in the eyes and tell me you aren’t having an affair.”

 

Dongwoo flinched at the word. “An affair? Sungyeol, I could never cheat on Hoya!”

 

“You were sleeping at another man’s home? When you were lying to Hoya and pretending you were with me?” The blonde opened his mouth to argue but Sungyeol held up a hand. “Don’t try talking your way out of this. It’s a yes or no question.”

 

The blonde looked at the ground guiltily. “...Yes.”

 

“Wow. Wow.” Sungyeol shook his head, looking at Dongwoo helplessly. “What the am I supposed to do with that Dongwoo?”

 

“Okay; I know you are angry and you have every right to be. Please just sit down and let me explain. Please.”

 

Sungyeol sat with a huff, his body still vibrating with energy. “Okay. I’m listening.”

 

“I’m just going to start by saying again that I am not cheating on Hoya. The person who I’ve been staying with is my attorney for the adoption case. Woohyun has just been helping me-”

 

“Woohyun? As in the lawyer that Sunggyu’s been seeing for awhile now?”

 

“Well, technically they aren’t exclusive-”

 

Sungyeol scoffed, looking at his friend incredulously. “Are you hearing yourself? Woohyun isn’t exclusive with Sunggyu so it’s okay if you stay the night with him when you’re the one who is married!”

 

“Okay, okay! I know it sounds ed up but honestly there’s nothing going on-”

 

“The hell there isn’t!” Sungyeol cut him off. “You are spending time with someone else when you are emotional and vulnerable. Do you know how easy it is to make a mistake that you can’t take back? That could ruin your life?”

 

“You’re acting like I planned this!” Dongwoo tried to excuse his behavior. “It wasn’t like that! I went to Woohyun because he was my lawyer, he understood what I was going through because he’s the one who’s trying to help me get back my son. The only person that is trying to help me. Or did Hoya conveniently leave that part out when he came to thank you? He doesn’t even care about the adoption case, he thinks it’s a waste of time! Woohyun… Woohyun listened to me and encouraged me to keep fighting. He’s done nothing but help me and I will not apologize for seeking him out when it feels like I’ve been fighting this battle all by myself because my husband can’t be bothered to take a damn risk!”

 

Sungyeol’s body was buzzing with energy; partly in disbelief that this situation was happening, but mostly because Dongwoo was doing his best to justify it. “Dongwoo, I understand that Woohyun might feel like he’s an answer, but he’s not. You can’t just ignore what’s going with your marriage, you can’t emotionally replace Woohyun with Hoya and think that you’ll be able to make it. If you want to save your relationship with your husband, eventually you’ll have to face your problems.”

 

Dongwoo looked downcast, Sungyeol’s words hitting him hard. “I know that. I do. I just… I just need a little time, okay?”

 

Sungyeol shook his head, still not on board but knowing he couldn’t control his friend’s actions. “And you promise me, you promise me, that nothing physical has ever happened between the two of you?”

 

Dongwoo felt guilty; he knew his friend would flip out if he knew the truth but he had already been so dishonest… it was time to come clean. “We’ve… we’ve had -”

Sungyeol immediately jumped out of his chair. “What the -”

 

“Calm down! Let me finish!” Dongwoo rose his hands in a defensive gesture. “It was a long time ago. You remember when we were fighting during freshman year over Sarang? How I used to disappear a lot?”

 

The brunette narrowed his eyes. “Yes…”

 

“Well I was… I was with Woohyun. We met at a party and we started fooling around and we just… kind of never stopped. It was never anything romantic, I swear. I didn’t like him like that and honestly, at the time I just needed a distraction since me and you were fighting so much. The only thing between us was , that’s it.”

 

Dongwoo sighed, looking at his friend, hoping Sungyeol would believe him. “I honestly hadn’t seen him in years. We run into each other again but he was with Sunggyu and I was married so there was never any wishes on either of our parts to revisit the past. I’ll admit I was surprised when Hoya told me he had hired Woohyun to be our adoption lawyer-”

 

“I’m assuming that Hoya had no idea that he guy he hired used to bang his husband for fun.”

 

“Sungyeol!” Dongwoo said sternly, but the younger man wasn’t phased.

 

“What? That’s the reality of it Dongwoo. You can try to spin it however you want, but the reality of it is that Woohyun knows you intimately. Knows you in a way that even I don’t. That means something, Dongwoo. And if you are confiding in him instead of me and Hoya… can’t you see that you’re putting yourself in a very dangerous position?”

 

“I trust myself, Sungyeol. I made vows with Hoya. I’m not going to just forget about that because we’re having problems.”

 

The brunette shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t get it; what’s the endgame? Because I know I’m hurt by this. I’m disappointed in you for how you’ve chosen to act and I’m just your best friend. How the hell is your husband going to feel when he finds out that you’ve been getting comfort in the arms of another man? A man that he thought he could trust, someone that you’ve known even longer than him? My god, Dongwoo, this is a mess.”

 

“It’s not. It’s not.” Dongwoo stressed. “I have it under control. And Hoya doesn’t have to know-”

 

“Hyung, I love you.” Sungyeol stopped him. “I really do. Your friendship has changed my life. But please believe me when I say this; I love you enough to know when I have to save you, even if it’s from yourself.”

 

“Sungyeol-”

 

“I will never lie to Hoya again for you. I will not be a part of this… thing you have going on with Woohyun. You better hope Hoya doesn’t come to see me again because if he does, he won’t like what I have to say.”

 

Dongwoo looked hurt, surprised that Sungyeol was taking this position. “Really? You say you want to help me but then you do this?”

 

“I am helping Dongwoo. Maybe you can’t see it but… this is truly in your best interest. Secrets will only make your life worse. Depending on Woohyun instead of Hoya will only lead to more pain. And honestly hyung, I think you’ve experienced enough pain for a lifetime.”

 

Sungyeol stood up, definitively ending the conversation. “This is… all way too much for me right now. We aren’t going to be able to come to an agreement on Woohyun so let’s just table the discussion for right now. I’m going to go inside and I’m going to go to bed. You can either stay here, or you can leave.”

 

Dongwoo scoffed. “I won’t stay where I’m not wanted.”

 

“That’s not what I said-”

 

“Yeah. You kind of did.” Dongwoo got up, grabbed his keys and headed for the front door. Sungyeol trailed after him, grabbing him before he could leave.

 

“You think it’s a good idea for you to be driving?”

 

“Well, I’m not going to stay here for a second longer. Don’t worry, I’ll get someone to come pick me up.”

 

“Your husband? Or your secret?”

 

Dongwoo rolled his eyes, opening the front door. “You’re so dramatic.”

 

Sungyeol didn’t let go of his sleeve, his voice sharp. “Answer the question.”

 

The blonde turned back around, pulling his arm free and looking at him with annoyance. “Does it matter?”

 

“Yes it ing does!” Sungyeol shouted, following his friend outside.

 

“I’m calling the person that I know will answer. That I know I can count on to help me. You can take that however you want. Now go back inside and close the door.”

 

“You are making a huge mistake-”

 

“Well it’s my mistake to make then, isn’t it?” Dongwoo wasn’t backing down, so Sungyeol reluctantly went back inside.

 

“Remember this hyung; remember that I warned you, that I tried to stop you.”

 

“Good night Sungyeol.” Dongwoo closed the door and walked away, without bothering to look back.

 

Sungyeol stood on the other side of the door, confused and hurt. He knew his friend was heading down a path of self-destruction, and he had no idea what to do to stop it.

 

divider.png

A/N: BOI WHAT THE
we knew this had to happen but… it just hurts so much to see things turn out like this.
sorry we are terrible people that keep writing terrible things :((((((
sound off on all the problematic things happening in the comments below!

♥rayquin×