Nice to Meet You

A Million Anti Fans

*Deep breath* Hii! This is Tuesday! :D

It's been busy  for me these past few weeks with exams and revision stacked up for me at school (-and unfortunately it's not over yet -.-),

so I apologize if this chapter sounds a little bit rushed. 

There will be a few head-jumpings ahead! Let me know if it gets frustrating ^^

I hope it doesn't disappoint, and I look forward to your feedback! ^^*

(Disclaimer: I do not own any of the names mentioned below ~~ㅇㅅㅇ)

~~~

 

Episode 2 - Nice to Meet You (...Again!)

 

[Black Room Interviews]

Yong Hwa: (Tilts forward in a bow) “Ne, annyeonghaseyo, CNBlue’s leader and vocalist Jung Yong Hwa-imnida.


 

MC Park Mi-Sun: “Omo, he’s handsome!”

MC Kim Na Young: (Nods) “Ne… he has this charm about him.”

 


 

Yong Hwa: Ne, I am, today a new husband.” (He smiles nervously but confidently at the camera.)

 

[Q: Do you know who your wife is?]

Yong Hwa: (His eyes widen) “Aniyo, completely! That’s why I’m a bit nervous. I have heard a few rumours on her identity but I don’t know anything for sure.”

Yong Hwa: “Ideal type?” (He smiles shyly) “I don’t really have one… I just hope she is kind, honest and has clear bright eyes.”

 


 

MC Kim Jung Min: (Bluntly) Isn’t that everyone’s ideal type?

MC Kim Na Young: (Annoyed) Waegure~?? (As in: “Why are you trying to ruin things??”)

MC Seulong: (His chin on top of a cushion, peering up) “Ah, it’s the MBC building!”

 


 

The refreshing Yong Hwa walks into our view of a weekday at the busy lobby of the MBC building. He is wearing a black coat and has his bag over one shoulder.

“What should I do?” He chuckles lightly as he rubs his palms together to keep them warm, “I’m getting slightly nervous already!”

He takes out his mission card and shows it to the audience for a brief second, “It’s a mission! I’m undercover, kekeke~” He chuckles before asking the production team, “Do I just have to wait here?”

The next few minutes passed with the continuous movement of workers coming in and out the main entrance and up and down the escalators. Just when it seemed like the lobby was calming down, a clear and bright call resounded through the lobby.

“Shin Woo hyung~!”

Despite being in the middle of studying his mission card, Yong Hwa’s head snaps to the entrance of the lobby like a puppy to a whistle.

As the figure approaches, we see the charming sight of Shin Hye bouncing over to us, wearing a dark blue coat with fur around the hood, fingerless black gloves and a matching black scarf wrapped warmly around her neck.

“Yah, Go Mi Nam!” Yong Hwa replies instantly.

“Hey! What are you doing here?” She breathed. When she got to his side, she notices the cameras in front of her, “Ah, annyeonghaseyo!” She bows politely.

 


 

[Black Room Interviews]

Shin Hye: (Bows forward) Annyeonghaseyo, Park Shin Hye-imnida!

 

[Q: How are you feeling?]

Shin Hye: Good, thank you, also a little worried. (She laughs nervously)

Shin Hye: (Explains) I have no idea who my partner is, I hope we get along- I’m an A type. (She smiles)

 


(Shin Hye’s POV)

 

“Oh, I’m- just here for a brief appearance for a show.” Yong Hwa replied quickly.

“Oh, is that so…?”

So it isn’t…him, is it?

Of course not; what was I thinking?

I kind of knew the moment I saw him when I walked into the building. It was already stated in black and white and yet… why is a small part of me slightly disappointed?

“What about you? What brings you here?” I hear Yong ask.

I turned to him, my emotions probably showing on my face as I searched my mind for the phrase I had decided on only five minutes ago, “Actually… I’m here to see a producer about a variety show I was cast in…”

“Ah… Ne!”

Before it could get awkward, I knew we had to get going- for the same reason I came here in the first place.

“Have you been here before?” I asked brightly, hoping to get back on track.

“Err… only a few times,” he said, a little caught off-guard, “I was actually here this morning for a radio show.”

I realised we were speaking naturally in banmal… on national TV. Is this okay?

Should we be speaking like this?

“Gwenchana,” Yong Hwa assured, looking as though he read my mind (or maybe my face…), “Why do you ask?”

I tried my best to mask the smile that was itching to swell. Even though it’s been a few months; we haven’t changed have we?

“Can you take me to ‘Room 36’? I’m not sure where it is…” Looking around the lobby, I think I really am lost! When did they renovate this place?

When I turned back to Yong Hwa, he was looking panicky towards the crew behind the cameras as well as towards me as though he did not expect that coming. It was quite cute to watch, he was like a lost puppy looking to and from his owner and a tennis ball.

Wait, am I the tennis ball…?

 


(Yong Hwa's POV)

 

Otteokaji??

Shin Hye’s asking me for my help- to take her somewhere because she doesn’t know the way. Even though a part of me doesn’t want to separate with her any time soon, my insides were urging me to help her any way I could. But what about filming…?

I sent the director a questioning look, as though seeking her permission. The older woman, sat behind the viewing screen, looked as though she was ill today since she was wearing a surgical mask (which I admit scared me when I first saw her), but the overly-enthusiastic ‘go-ahead’ signs were telling me otherwise.

I turned to the expecting Shin Hye with a smile, “Kaja!”

 


(Shin Hye's POV)

 

We were getting closer and closer- I could sense it. As Yong walked and I followed across the narrowing corridors, my mind was starting to spin off on all different tangents.

Finding myself self-consciously touching my hair, I cringed inwardly. I really haven’t thought this through, have I? I’m going to be meeting him… with short hair!

‘At least… I don’t look that bad…’ I tried to tell myself.

“We’re here.”

I jumped at the sudden halt, almost knocking into Yong Hwa.

Already?

Stepping aside from behind him, I made sure not to tread on any wires that were looping on the grey carpets here and there, or actually bumping into the camera that had been following us all along. Sure enough, the sign on the door read “Room 36”.

“Oh, it looks like this is the right place!” I took a deep breath and smiled at him in thanks before turning the doorknob into the room.

 


 

The both of them stood by the door with gaping mouths. Balloons, balloons and a huge celebratory banner that read: “Congratulations on your Marriage!” in trademark ‘We Got Married’ pink.

After a few seconds of pure bewilderment and surprise, Shin Hye was the first to step in, hosting a wide unmistakable smile. Yong Hwa on the other hand began to look really tense after the sense of shock subsided.

He was meeting his wife here? With Shin Hye present?

For some reason, that didn’t sound like a good idea to him. Not a good idea at all.

“I-I don’t think we’ve got the right room,” He said quickly as he rushed over to her.

“No, no, this is the one,” Shin Hye dismissed absentmindedly, still awe-stricken as her eyes explored the empty meeting room.

Aside from the balloons and banners set up at the back, the room was clean and hollow, furnished with only a meeting room table that had a laptop on it, and on the right wall- a wide carpet-to-ceiling window that allowed a breath-taking view of all of Yeouido, the Han River as well as the distinctive 63 building and Namsan Tower along the horizon.

Shin Hye was in love. She wondered what this view would look like at night time with all the city lights on and the river glistening with moonlight.

Yong Hwa was on the verge of ushering Shin Hye to another room (as well as thinking up a decent reason why) when a loud ‘bang!’ and the sound of applause pinned both of them in their tracks.

“Kyeolhon Chukhadurimnida!”

That came from the director.

Yes -the woman with the surgical mask (which she was now waving like a flag), her face supporting the widest of grins.

The young couple stood there momentarily like rabbits caught in head-lights (or in their case- enthusiastic applause), before Shin Hye started clapping along in appreciation.

“Kamsahamnida… but shouldn’t we wait until he gets here?” She asks bashfully.

“Congratulations on your virtual marriage, Jung Yong Hwa-ssi and Park Shin Hye-ssi!” One of the writers announced more clearly.

Shin Hye looked at Yong Hwa, and Yong Hwa looked at Shin Hye.

…Huh?

“Uri??”

 


 

[Black Room Interviews]

Q: When you found out he was your husband?

Shin Hye: (Laughs and then rocks forward, whining) Nomuheyo~! Jinja…!

***

[Black Room Interviews]

Q: When you found out she was your wife?

Yong Hwa: (Just shows his signature toothy grin and doesn’t say a word…)

Yong Hwa: (Explains later) Me and Shin Hye are really close friends after our recent drama ‘You’re Beautiful’- to the point where I treat her like a guy sometimes- like she’s one of my members. So I think this will be interesting. (He smiles.)

 


(Shin Hye's POV)

 

“Ne…”

“J-Jinja yo?” Yong Hwa asks.

“Ne.”

Somehow, we were like strangers again.

With that one word, confirming the sudden and extremely cringe-worthy situation that the writers had thrown us head-first into, a distance of half a meter had formed by itself between Yong Hwa and me. All of a sudden, my hair felt like it needed re-fixing, and the floor seemed so much more interesting!

Yong Hwa… (who was stood somewhere to my left) was… well… I don’t really know, since I couldn’t bring myself to look!

Even though I felt beyond embarrassed and intensely nervous for no reason, I had this weird urge to laugh too… I think Yong felt the same way.

W-Were they… just joking?

I looked up and immediately blushed.

He was peeping at me at the same time!

OhAIaxks4#vaeirh?9jmv!

“Annyeonghaseyo!” He bowed, completely out of the blue.

I mirrored him instantly, “N-Ne, annyeonghaseyo!”

I cringed into my scarf. Thank goodness I decided to wear this today! It covered up my mouth and the tip of my nose… but I don’t think it was letting my cheeks get any shelter- and right now it was the one which needed it the most.

(In formal Korean) Ne… I… I’m your new husband. Gosh, this is weird…” He said awkwardly, laughing, but not really meeting my eye- which I was completely fine with and grateful for.

I hooked my index finger onto my scarf and gently pulled it down, allowing just enough room to speak (and breathe) shyly, “(In formal Korean) Ne… I’m… y-your…”

I couldn’t take it anymore! Whilst the both of us eventually let out the laughter we were holding back, I shook my head, “(In Banmal) This is too weird!”

(In Banmal) Seriously weird!”

Quickly clearing my throat, I straightened my back and offered him my semi-gloved hand, still red and smiling, “(In mock-formal Korean) Park Shin Hye-imnida, pleased to meet you!”

“Ne, I’m Jung Yong Hwa. Pleased to meet you!”

We stood there awkwardly shaking hands over and over and over again, grinning at each other. Even though it seemed like we were back to our old antics again, something… felt different. But I made sure to tuck that thought away- I had filming to worry about right now.

That was when a mission card was handed over to us by one of the staff.

I peered over curiously as Yong Hwa… started to read:

To Yong Hwa and Shin Hye,

Congratulations on your marriage! -Kamsahamnida-

It’s time to let your friends and faithful fans know about this happy news.

On the table, there is a laptop-

I looked over at the laptop I spotted earlier, “That one?”

He turns to see where I was pointing at, “Ne, I think so…” Then reads the rest of the mission:-

Please update your fans with a picture and your personal messages.

I gulped, tightening my fists as my heart beat in my ears. I had prepared myself for this kind of thing, but I had no idea it was going to happen this fast! Calmly, I scanned the crowd quickly for Jun Oppa. I wanted him to see me right now- fighting my nerves, but more than anything, I think I needed his assurance to prod me onward. Starting from the left side of the camera, my gaze glided towards the right, across dozens of unfamiliar faces and technical equipment. Jun Oppa was… was…

I looked up- almost jumping at the sudden contact. Yong Hwa had placed his palms on my shoulders, guiding me towards the table, “This way…!” The moment our backs were completely facing the camera, I felt a soft squeeze against my left shoulder- and that seemed to be enough.

Before I knew it, I was manoeuvred to a cotton-padded seat at the head of the table- a seat that Yong Hwa was pulling out for me.

When did he start being a gentleman?

I peered up at him knowingly with eyes slit with suspicion before taking the seat. He, who was smiling sheepishly, knew what I was thinking of- we both did. But I decided not to bring it up since, right now, we were being filmed after all…

I shuffled my chair in closer, so that I could lean against the table as I waited for Bolmaejung to man the thing.

That’s when things finally started to sink in...

Like how frost settles on the window panes in winter, the slightly unexpected idea that the guy sitting beside me was now my “husband” is finally starting to register in my head, even though the prospect of it all still seemed like something from a dream…

Cupping his chin between his thumb and index finger in a slightly narcissist way, Yong Hwa smirks, “Am I really that handsome?”

“Yah!” His upper arm deserved that hit! “Aren’t you a bit too much?”

“But, I’m not the one who’s staring…” He grinned mischievously to himself.

Who was stari-?

I whipped my head away.

No way!

Cringe…

I think I heard a chuckle, but I was far too busy mentally kicking myself and self-suffocating in my scarf to actually pay any more attention to it. Is it just me, or is Twitter loading extra slow today??

Click… click.

I was getting too hot.

No, that’s an understatement… I can hardly breathe through this black material, so I decided to take it off and hang it over the back of my chair.

Click! Tap, tap, tap…

That reminds me…

“How’re we going to take the photo…?”

There was no camera lying around as far as I could see. At first, I felt a tinge of worry, but witnessing the short and capricious flurry of panic that washed over the faces in front of us, I couldn’t help suppressing a giggle. We’re all on the same boat after all…!

“It’s ready!” I hear from my left, “Do you want to go first?”

Reaching forward gratefully to receive the now-found digital camera, I replied, “You can go first.”

“Awright then…”

Tap, tap, tap…

I examined the features of the camera, getting to grips with the controls, “Remember to leave me some characters…”

Okay… so this button turns it on… Yep. And this round one on the top should be the capture button… Zoom in and zoom out…

Okay, I got this.

I turned the camera around, lifting it up into the air to take a test-selca.

Snap!

Gallery… Right… Select…

Looks… good enough!

“Yeppune~”

“W-Waegure? You haven’t even seen it yet…”

“I don’t need to see to know.”

…Shouldn’t have bitten so hard on my lower lip.

He suddenly let out a self-conscious laugh, “Was that too corny?”

I could only send him a mock glare, “Have you finished yet??”

Tap, tap, tap! “Finished!”

He turned the monitor to face me.

“Can I read it?” I asked, adjusting the position of the laptop.

He looked at me thoughtfully before smiling as he came up with an idea, “…Andwae. Let’s read it together afterwards!”

“Otteoke? I will see yours when I’m typing mine!”

“Seriously?” I inquired, questioning his hand which was now plastered onto the thin screen before shaking my head. Him and his ‘ingenious’ solutions- they never fail to amuse me!

Anyway…

Hmmm…

What should I say?

“That you’re so grateful We Got Married picked you the best husband ever?”

Doh!” I scolded, not really sure whether I was referring to him being big-headed, or for reading my mind in public again. Maybe both… Telepathy was one of the (sometimes unwanted) side-effects of being close with Jung Yong Hwa. Trying hard to conceal my smile, I twisted in my seat, “Yah, don’t peek!”

He sulked at me with burgeoning eyes- the closest thing anyone would ever see of him doing any forms of aegyo. Anyone who isn’t close to him I mean… I guess, even though he was the one to fool around, he wasn’t the type of guy to fawn for the attention of others. And even though he did look awkwardly cute in a way, I’m not willing to let him get the upper hand this time- no way! I sealed this self-promise the moment I slit my eyes at him- declaring war (if he dared).

I watched his face, first turning from an element of surprise, to curiosity and back to sulking again, all with a of… amusement? With one swift pivot on his chair, he cut all connections with me, emitting this dark navy aura around him that cried for attention- in an inverse psychological way, if you know what I mean.

Face palm!

How am I supposed to work with this guy? He’s stuck with the mentality of an elementary school student! Not that it’s a bad thing but…

I shook my head; resetting my thoughts. I have more important things to be concerned about right now…

How should I write this tweet?

Remembering Yong Hwa’s current hiatus state, I covered the screen quickly before my self-consciousness could get the better of me and take a peek without permission.

So I was left with one hand to type with… one finger at a time.

The wise Jun Oppa once said… “When unsure, go with neutral”- and I did just that. The last thing I want is a horde of anti-fans before the first episode is even broadcasted… -I peered over at his back view- and Yong certainly doesn’t need that either…

A slight breath tickled my neck, and then a loud voice –too close for comfort- pierced my eardrums, “Are you done now?”

Gosh!! My heart almost burst through my chest! I turned, and there he was, left cheek just two centimetres from the pupils of my eyes.

“Yah!” I began, flustered, “You… y-you’ve stopped sulking now?”

“I wasn’t sulking.”

Eyes rolling- just for you, Yong Hwa!

“Lets… Take the photo first!” I suggested, not wanting to pick a fight with him.

We sat there for a few awkward moments, trying to adjust how we were positioned. Neither of our arm spans were willing to co-operate with the stubborn “folding” rings around the lens… making us having to get awkwardly close. Well… it was for me anyway. For what reason? I didn’t know either! It wasn’t the first time we got this close to take a picture (or… for anything else really...). Maybe it’s because we’re around others. That’s why I’m nervous. Yeah!

“Hana… dul… set!”

“Kimchi!” We both said in unison, preparing our positions for the waves of flashes coming our way. This was one of the scenarios where telepathy does come in handy! We synchronized beautifully, even though it’s only our 5th or 6th time taking a selca with just the two of us.

I scanned them intently through the pigmented screen, pleased with the results. “Hey, hey, we should use this one!” I joked, showing Yong Hwa the 4th shot where the both of us looked like we had no clue where we were or what we were doing here.

He laughed when he saw it, and his laugh was contagious- or maybe the picture was that funny! To be honest, we were both probably feeling that way on the inside, but having each other here seemed to make up for it somehow.

We both silently agreed to the one photo which was naturally the best out of the batch, and it wasn’t long before we were finally able to read what the other wrote.

“Pffftt!!” I burst into laughter.

“Yah…” He began, speechless and slightly unimpressed, “That’s all?”

“What’s with your one??” I quipped.

“Andwae! This is unfair! Maldoandwae!” His eyes darted frantically at everyone within a 10 metre range around him, as though he was looking for witnesses for his case.

He chided, I laughed; I teased, he sulked. We were like this for the next ten minutes, until he was determined that he’d change bits of his one, if only I changed bits of mine in return. It was my turn to impersonate Puss in Boots then- just to over what he was like earlier. I had no idea how this negotiation would be beneficial to me, but I went along with it anyway since we were 80 characters over limit.

So in the end, we merged our tweets together and Yong changed bits of his and I changed bits of mine. It turned out to look something like this:

“Presenting… My ‘wife’! Yeorobun, this is Jung Yong Hwa and Park Shin Hye. Yes, we got married… on MBC’s We Got Married! We will be the next upcoming couple for MBC’s We Got Married! Please give us lots of love and support!”

I stole a glance at him, seconds after we had pressed the left-click button on the mouse pad- together. Submitting the first evidence of our ‘virtual marriage’ felt like the joint-cutting of a cake. That in itself felt like a milestone for me… and looking at Yong Hwa, it seemed like he was feeling the same way.

Maybe… there really is a part of me that was still an elementary school-er.

Jung Yong Hwa…

Get ready to be henpecked!!