2

Smooth Criminal

Another year passed, E-Young had still been building up her plan. It was the middle of the night when she went to Kaeun's cell. The younger girl was stood staring out of the small window in her cell. She'd told nothing about her plan to her yet.

"..Kaeun.." E-Young said quietly.

Kaeun turned around and looked at E-Young. "You're here late."

"We need to be quick and quiet. Pretty soon we're going to be the most wanted people in the area.." Said E-Young.

"Why? What's happening?" Kaeun asked, confused.

"..I'm breaking you out." E-Young mumbled. "Now let's go."

E-Young opened the cell door and Kaeun left. They both ran down the steps as quietly as possible, then they reached a dead end.

"..Are we going to climb the wall?" Kaeun asked.

E-Young shook her head and pulled a few bricks out of the wall to show a secret passageway. Kaeun crawled in first then E-Young did, carefully putting the bricks back in their place. After a few minutes of crawling they were outside in the middle of the field outside of the prison.

"Run as fast as you can until the prison is out of sight." E-Young said.

The two girls sprinted as fast as they could until they reached some woods. They had a few minutes rest then carried on running until they reached a small town. E-Young sneaked Kaeun into a small hotel.

"What was that for then?" Kaeun asked, sitting on a chair.

"You don't deserve a life in there." Said E-Young. "We have to sleep for now, we can get some new clothes tomorrow for you."

"Alright then. You're awfully nice for a prison guard." Said Kaeun as she jumped on one of the beds.

"I'm not a prison guard anymore. Just E-Young now." Said E-Young, climbing into the other bed.

The two fell asleep rather quickly.

 

The next morning, E-Young was the first one to wake up. Kaeun was still fast asleep so she had a quick shower then woke Kaeun up.

"Good morning Kaeun. Today we will get you some new clothes and hopefully get further away from here." Said E-Young.

When Kaeun was ready the two went out and E-Young bought new clothes for Kaeun so she'd fit in more.

"If we can somehow get to Japan that'd be great. All my friends are there." Said Kaeun.

"The police would be looking for you there though too." Said E-Young.

Kaeun frowned. "They shouldn't be so obsessed."

They went into a café and the TV was on the news channel.

"This is just in, Lee Kaeun has escaped from prison. There is no trace of how she escaped, but the cell door was already open when other guards arrived at the scene. If you see her please contact the police."

"Good job this jacket has a hood then." Said Kaeun, laughing. She put her hood up. "If anyone asks, the light hurts my eyes. Could get myself a mask too."

E-Young smiled. "As long as we don't get caught then you can do what you like."

The younger girl started talking about how great it felt to be free, she got a bit loud though so E-Young had to silence her.

"I'll kill them if they report me." Said Kaeun.

"Please don't." Said E-Young. "We better leave here."

The two got up and left.

"You know what'd be great. A car. Can we steal one?" Kaeun asked.

"..Uhhm.. Alright.." E-Young said.

They went to a quiet street and soon they were in a car escaping from the town. They drove for a long time until they reached an airport.

"And you know what'd be great now?" Kaeun said with a smirk. "A plane. Let's steal one."