Page 8

Wrong Husband

My constant days are back again. It’s a relief! Sehun never mentioned him again and that proves that he’s really a good person. Luhan is my childhood friend and I also treat him as a brother. He’s always in my side, protects e and helps me with my problems. He also belongs in this organization and he’s a One. Only the twos can meet the ones. The lower ranks are not allowed.

 

 I’m still 10 and he’s 12 that time, when we become friends. Our parents are friends.

 

Every weekend we always play in his place, of course I love their place. The place where the ones live. The big mansions, luxurious playground and park; where only the ones and twos are allowed. We’re also schoolmates and of course like always “only the ones and twos are allowed”, which I think is unfair to the lower ranks.

 

He’s also supportive, even to my first crush…jongin.

 

Kim Jongin is my classmate and his rank? He’s a One. He’s intelligent, handsome and I love his tan skin. If not because of Luhan, he will never ever know that I have a crush on him.

 

It was a sunny Saturday morning; I went to luhan’s house to ask him to help me with my homework. But I was so shocked when jongin was there.

 

“Hanah!” Luhan said with a mock smile. “What are you doing here?” he added obviously teasing me.

 

I look passed to his shoulder and saw Jongin smiling at me.

 

“I- just…want to ask for help in my homework…please” I said with begging eyes to luhan and I said it with a very low voice. ‘please don’t embarrass me in front of jongin!’

 

“Jongin!” Luhan suddenly said.

 

“Yes, hyung?” he answered.

 

“Hanah needs help in her homework since you two are class…”

 

“No! I don’t need help! I will go home now…”

 

It was so embarrassing!

 

“Sure! I can help!” he said.

 

Gosh, please don’t..

 

“No! It’s okay-“

 

“Hanah needs help!” Luhan said then pushed me towards Jongin. I can feel my heart went crazy.

 

Jongin smiled at my actions. I like his smiles.

 

While we are doing my homework, my mind is still cursing luhan for doing this! Arggg! And he’s always talking funny things about me to Jongin.

 

“Do you know that Hanah put a spoonful of salt instead of sugar in her milk because she doesn’t read the labels?”

 

“Hanah stepped on a poop and she’s not wearing shoes!”

 

“Hanah doesn’t read instructions and warnings! Last time she got scolded because she picks some flowers in the park!”

 

And many more…

 

I just keep saying “HEY!” but still he doesn’t listen.

 

But the thing is Jongin find it cute!

 

“Ah I forgot! Hanah always told me about you! She said that you two are always partners in your class. Is that true?” Luhan said then smirked at me. I hit his arm! So embarrassing!

 

“Yes, and she’s a good partner and I’m the one who always choose her to be my partner because I don’t like the other girls in our class.”

 

I was so flattered! Omg! Don’t tell me he likes me too? Actually, we’re only 10 in our class; 5 boys and 5 girls. And I think I’m the only one that likes Jongin because my other girl classmates don’t really care for him.

 

“Hanah is blushing!” Luhan said then poked my waist.

 

“Yah!!!!” I said then cover my face.

 

“Thank you, Jongin…I will go now. Bye!” I said then hurriedly went straight home!

 

The next day, I don’t feel awkward with Jongin. Actually, we become friends after that. We always play with Luhan and of course luhan keeps teasing me with him.

 

But I both lose them when I was 13. Luhan died in an accident. I was so depressed that time; I lost a friend and a brother.

 

Jongin keep comforting me but that year he also left. He went to abroad to study.

 

“You’ll come back right?”

 

“I will. I like you Hana. And if I will finish my study, I will tell my parents to marry you. Please, wait for me”

 

“I will wait for you. I like you too”

 

And he kissed me. I never thought that my first kiss will be this emotional and hurtful.

 

After that, I slowly recovered and always hoped that he will comeback. I always think of him and Luhan. It’s so lonely. I never thought of losing them both.

 

I never look for a friend that time. I always think that I already recovered but I can’t lie to myself. I’m still hurt so hurt…