Chapter 13: Jealousy

Sticky Notes Love!

 “As usual, you will be assigned projects during the holidays and this time, it will be graded since it’s your final year. Group yourself according to your seating arrangement, in pairs, I will not tolerate dissensions between the pairs,” Mr Im, the Science teacher distributed the notes on the new topic and their project tasks.

This is ridiculous. I, Park Hyomin, will never interact with Nam Woohyun ever again.

She glared at Woohyun and raised her hand," Mr Im, may I request to work with Eunjung instead? I promise I would present a better work if you’d allow me to-."

Before Hyomin could finish her sentence, Mr Im waved his hand to reject her, "No, Hyomin. You've got to learn how to work with others. Communication skills is really important when you're out in the society" he continued lecturing about the importance of teamwork.

“Old fogey.” Hyomin muttered under her breath.

Great. I'm so looking forward to work with him. We will totally demonstrate great teamwork.

Woohyun had remained silent throughout because he still felt bad about whatever happened three days ago. His seatmate had refused to talk to him and treated him as if he was not there. Woohyun could only seek solace in the fact that he could still communicate with her as an “employer” through sticky notes. He had not given the girl any ridiculous task in order not to induce more trouble.

Woohyun could finally tolerate her ignorance to him no longer.

He cleared his throat and spoke, "The faster we get this done, the better it is. Can we do this today?" He knew that she did not have to do domestic work that day. After all, she only work on selective days.

“I have something on, “The girl replied coldly.

He frowned and replied, “Okay then.”

She is definitely still angry.

 

**

 

Myungsoo waited for Jiyeon at the cafeteria to get a chance to talk to Hyomin about photography.

“Sorry. The teacher lectured us for our bad behaviour,” The girl rushed in and held Myungsoo’s hand to lead him towards the seniors’ classroom.

“It’s okay,” He retracted his hands from her.

Jiyeon was hurt by his actions but still manage to forced a smile at him as he nudged her to move on.

 “Hyomin, sorry I’m late!” Jiyeon said apologetically to her cousin however, her cousin’s attention was not on her but rather, on the stranger, Myungsoo. He stood there awkwardly and looked down when the elder girl met his gaze. A frog seemed to have been lodged in his throat as he tried multiple times to clear it, he had always felt uncomfortable around strangers, especially when he was the one who requested to meet the older girl.

“Ah! I forgot to introduce my good friend. Kim Myungsoo, his interest is in photography, just like you,” She put her arms on the boy’s shoulder and beamed, trying to convince that they were friendly with each other.

Hyomin’s eyes brightened up at the slight mention of her hobby.

She stretched out her arm towards the junior and beamed, “Good to know that we share the same interests. Are you planning to pursue photography professionally or is it just a past time?”

“I cannot say for certain yet,” Myungsoo had not intended to divulge too much about himself, “but I sincerely love photography, the camera is a powerful tool, it captures all the best moments of life and the art of photography is just fascinating,” The boy spoke with enthusiasm that Jiyeon had never witnessed before; though it is not like as if they had known each other for a long time.

“I’ve finally found someone who shares the same sentiments as me. I have no patience over other things, well as you might have already known. But when it comes to photography, I’m willing to pay more time. Well, Jiyeon told me to bring some of my favourites over but I did not manage to get hold of my favourites. I didn’t know you were coming, I guess I’m going to have to disappoint you.” Hyomin bit her bottom lip as she spoke and shot Jiyeon a glance.

Jiyeon had not wanted to tell her cousin that she was bringing a friend over for fear that her cousin would refuse her request but she had entirely forgotten that Hyomin did not have her belongings with her.

“No, no, it’s absolutely fine. I’m sorry for the imposing on you, I wasn’t aware that you didn’t know that I would be coming.” Myungsoo was slightly embarrassed.

The two continued chatting excitedly on and on about photography completely ignoring the presence of the other girl. Jiyeon left the two on their own, dejected.

As she left, her shoulders brushed against another senior, Woohyun. Woohyun greeted her but she did not seem to notice.

Woohyun had just came back from the gym and was about to collect his bag until he witnessed the two chatting happily.

Both of them were mimicking each other's actions, acting like as if they were holding an imaginary camera.

Jiyeon was not the only upset one. From behind the door, Woohyun was gritting his teeth. What is Myungsoo doing with Hyomin?

“Dude, you’re too obvious,” Sungyeol tapped his from behind trying to hold back his laughter. Woohyun was never one who would be jealous and his facial expressions were too comedic for the boys as they joined in the teasing.

The talking duo were still immersed in their conversation and had not noticed the boys outside of the classroom.

Woohyun was twisting the door handle so hard that it was on the verge of coming off.

The boys upon witnessing his jealously became slightly wary.

“Don’t worry, I don’t think Myungsoo is interested in her. I bet he was just interested in her photography skills,” Sungjong tried to convince the boy.

Look how happy she is talking to him. To think that she was so pissed just now.

Just then, Myungsoo suddenly bend backwards, imitating a photographer doing a far-shot and was leaning against the elder girl who did not seem to mind at all.

Woohyun swung the door open and strode towards his table.

"Ah... So this is more important than project eh?" Woohyun’s sudden appearance startled them, he had his chin in his hand, trying to look as interested as he could be.

“Nam Woohyun, why are you here. You’re not even into photography,” Myungsoo pushed the boy away.

“I’m now really interested in photography. Don’t mind me, continue,” He smiled dangerously at them. Hyomin rolled her eyes and continued her conversation with Myungsoo, until she realised that her cousin was gone.

“Oh no, we were too engrossed with our conversation, that we unknowingly excluded Jiyeon,” Hyomin looked around in search of her cousin.

“Oh right. She just left,” Woohyun pointed at the door.

She left without telling us. She must have felt left out. Myungsoo felt a tinge of guilt.

 

**

 

Jiyeon was still feeling down as she walked out of the school slowly, playing with her bag-strap every now and then.

She must be more interesting than me; with her intelligence and looks, of course, they also share the same interest. Jiyeon had no idea what they were talking about, the techniques, editing and angles. She wasn’t into photography but rather sports, she was the outgoing type. I guess guys like artistic girls huh. She had been observing Myungsoo, he was smiling all the time when Hyomin spoke despite her frequent display of annoyance at being corrected by the junior at times. Those smiles that she had never seen on him and had appeared during his presence with Hyomin.

She turned around reflexively and was about to throw a defensive punch at the person who tugged at her bag until she realised it’s someone she knew. She relaxed slightly at the sight of Kim Myungsoo and then spun back round again, doubling her pace. Well, I expected him and Hyomin to chat for hours.

She ignored him and continued walking even faster.

“Hey, Jiyeon, thank you for introducing me to Hyomin,” He caught up with the girl and grabbed her arm.

“That’s it?” She looked into the boy’s eyes with disappointment.

He nodded his head innocently and walked along with Jiyeon.

“Jerk,” She muttered and quickened her pace leaving Myungsoo dumbfounded. The girl had never treated him with such hostility before.

 

 

Writer's note:

@jerbie18: Thank you for commenting so consistently ^^ I'm glad that this chapter cheered you up :D Myungsoo was just insensitive :)

@doriesin: Yup^^ Jiyeon, Woohyun and her clique will always be by her side XD

@water_rid: Yeah... Well, Woohyun unintentionally hurt her but end up hurting himself more :(

@tasya92: Not so soon :P Read on to find out more^^

@Oyaapple: She must have felt really bad getting misunderstood :( hehe, I will not offer any spoilers :X

@Lurver: Haha, do continue to anticipate the upcoming chapters :D