Chapter 12: Guilty

Sticky Notes Love!

“Hyomin ah, you’re so quick! The holidays have not even started and you have already completed all these work,” Qri flipped through the stack of solutions Hyomin had produced and was amazed by the girl’s efficiency.

“Well, that’s exactly what I need to do. It’s my own way of earning money quickly,” The girl nodded.

“So you spend the whole night on this?” Boram questioned while gobbling down her spaghetti.

“Yeah, I’m so tired right now,” The girl rested her head on the table.

What is she up to?  Wasn’t the salary I paid her enough? Woohyun overheard the girls’ conversation – yet again – and was confused about her situation. He had made sure that her salary was sufficient not only to cover the living expenses of the spendthrift but also had remaining money to pay back to her father, albeit slowly. He did not understand why Hyomin was so eager to earn more within such a short time span. Just how much did she owe her father?

 

**

 

Woohyun had never paid attention to commotions, but this time it was different. He recognized the familiar voice – his seatmate – and it aroused his interests. He fought to get through the growing mass of people.

“All right, I’ve rushed out and photocopied my answers for our Holiday Homework. This is for History, English and this is for Math,” She pointed to each stack respectively, the crowd cheered as the girl continued, “Well, since I’ve put in lots of effort, it is obviously not for free.”

Their cheers softened, they sighed but nodded understandingly and took out notes from their pockets.

Is she out of her mind?! Woohyun elbowed his way further to the front till he reached the girl who was about to collect the notes, grabbed her by her wrist shoved the papers into her other arm and dragged her away. Hyomin yelled and tried to break free from his grip but it only tightened when she tried to; to the extent that it was hurting her.

“What the heck? Let go, it is breaking!” She cried.

Woohyun loosened his grasp on the girl immediately, the latter massaged her wrist, and tears were evident in her eyes. That made Woohyun guilty but he that did not lessen his frustration at the girl’s actions.

“Hyomin, seriously? I thought you would be better than this,” He scolded, obviously trying to reign in his temper.

“What? It’s not illegal,” She rebutted and turned away from him.

The frustrated one spun her round again with such force that it almost cause her to tumble over.

“Hey! Stop it! It hurts!” Hyomin yanked off Woohyun’s powerful hands from her shoulders but they remained in place.

“It isn’t but it is an insult to your intelligence if you use it in such way. You are disgracing your parents even. Those work are meant to be done with their own effort and yet you. You are helping them cheat which makes you the biggest cheater,” He scolded crudely at her.

“Insult to my intelligence? A disgrace to my parents? A cheater? You don’t know anything so you’d better keep your mouth shut,” She was restraining herself from tearing up even more. Not for once had someone insulted her so harshly.

“Fine, you don’t want me to do this?” She tried to tear up the stack of papers but they were too thick and her wrist was still hurting making it even more impossible to do it. She threw the stack of papers on the ground and stomped off.

Woohyun was partially angered by his own inability to control his temper and for hurting the girl. He looked down at the stack of scattered work and bit his bottom lip.

She must have worked through the nights to come up with all these.

He knelt down and picked them up one by one.

Just then, a person who had witnessed all the commotion bent down beside him and joined him.

“Forgive her, she had been misunderstood by her parents,” Jiyeon spoke.

"Parents?" He turned his head to look at that person.

"I think it would be better to continue the story after we clear up this mess," she smiled sweetly at him.

 

**

 

Woohyun bought two cups of coffee from the school’s café and they sipped it as they started chatting on the bench.

"I'm the cousin of Hyomin,” she held out her hand to formally introduce herself before continuing, “therefore, I know her family very well and I’m currently living with them.

She paused for a few seconds for her companion to take in the information before adding on, “Hyomin’s father, my uncle was actually mad at Hyomin for being a spendthrift and wanted her to experience the hardship of earning money hence, my cousin had been ousted from home and recently, she took up a part-time job as a domestic helper. She had worked hard in order to return her debts. She may be an obnoxious spoilt brat in other people’s eyes, but I believe she is definitely not what others claim her to be. She did not even get to tell her father about being hospitalised and had to deal with the exorbitant medical expenses thus, could not afford to return her debts back to him. My uncle was furious and accused her for not having learnt her lessons yet, that is, through a text message," Jiyeon explained.

She did work hard. No wonder she was so angry when I said she was a disgrace to her parents. Aish... Nam Woohyun, why did you even said so. He mentally slapped himself several times.

"Woohyun, it's okay. You meant her good anyway," She placed her hand on Woohyun’s shoulder to comfort him however that did not lessen his guilt.

"Why didn’t she get to explain to her father?" He asked.

Jiyeon let out a long sigh, "My uncle was so angry that he blocked her number and after a while Hyomin gave up trying to explain for her own actions."

What have I done? The last thing I want to do is to hurt Park Hyomin instead, I just hurt her even more when she was already feeling so low.

Guilt overwhelmed him as he ruffled his hair in frustration.
 

**

"Woohyun, what's wrong?" Sunggyu nudged the boy who did not express any interest in their conversation.

"I guess he was thinking about that Jiyeon girl. I saw you guys talking on the bench and sipping latte like a couple on date.” Myungsoo smirked.

"What?!" Woohyun was offended by Myungsoo's assumptions.

“It’s okay if you like her Woohyun. I can take Hyomin and you can have the Jiyeon girl. She has been pestering me too much," Myungsoo chuckled.

Woohyun almost grabbed Myungsoo by the collar.

“Hey, her solutions for the holiday work seems to be pretty good, do you think I can ask her to do my level’s work if I’d asked her too? I’d be glad to purchase them," Myungsoo added teasingly.

"No! She will not and will never ever do that again!" Woohyun’s nostrils flared.

Myungsoo seemed to be slightly taken aback by Woohyun’s sudden surge in temper.

“Hey chill guys, Myungsoo was only kidding. Why are you in such a bad mood?” Hoya placed his hands on Woohyun’s chest for fear that a fight might break out.

"Myungsoo ah, you're getting weirder these days. Teasing Woohyun and fooling around with us?" Dongwoo tried to ease the tension.

"Well, isn't it a good thing? I was just saying anyway, don’t need to be so worked out," Myungsoo shrugged and put his headphones on.

The reason behind his good mood was because his parents’ relationship seemed to have gotten better. His father had bought his mother a gift during his photo-shoot overseas and had even rushed back home to have dinner with them more frequently.

 

Writer's note: 

I'm really sorry for not uploading this chapter yesterday ><

Haha if the previous chapter gave you hopes on WooMin getting together I only have to say... Neh... not so quickly :P haha

I like to add in a few more obstacles in their relationship, I'm sure you guys would agree that relationships which have braved through more adversities are likely to be stronger ^^

@KisungYouBaby26: I'm glad this made your day :D But it will not be that easy for Woohyun to open Hyomin's heart, especially after this incident :)

@Tenjo-Night: Thank you for liking this fic and being so supportive ^^

@Neko-Meow: Yeah, Myungsoo treat Jiyeon so badly :( But Jiyeon will not give up so easily :D

@Water_rid: Thank you for commenting even after a long tiring day :D Fighting!

@Lurver: haha, thank you! I'm really sorry for not updating this yesterday :(... 

@doriesin: Haha I will not offer any spoilers ^^ Read on to find out more :P..