The Meeting

Touch of Life

Chapter 1 – The Meeting

Ae Rin

*BEEEP BEEP BEEEEP BEEP BEEEEP*

UGGH! Damn you alarm. I cursed silently in my head. Without opening my eyes, I reached for my iPhone and slide the screen to stop the alarm. Dammit, it ruined my evening nap! Sometimes, I’m really grateful they made the alarm tone so loud even Snorlax from Pokemon could wake up. Heh. But then, it made me feel like I wanna throw the goddamn phone to the wall so it would shut up forever. I sighed mentally. I guess I have to wake up anyway since Yuri practically pleaded and begged on her knees to me so I could accompany her to a concert that I really really hate. A K-Pop concert. I sighed loudly this time. I opened my eyes and wandered around the room while still in my bed. I wish I could sleep some more.

I pushed myself up and sat on the bed while lying against my pillow. I looked at my phone and saw a text and one missed call from Yuri.

*YA! You better wake up and get dressed by 7 because I don’t wanna wait and we have to be hurry or all the good seats will be taken!* I sighed again and replied;

*Arasso, arasso, it’s still 6, I only dress myself in like 10 minutes, give me a break sheesh!*

Reluctantly, I stood up and grabbed my towel and head towards the bathroom. I turned up the heater and the shower really felt nice. I think I could stay in here forever………

“UNNIIIEEEE YAAAAAA!!!!!!” My head shot right up. Argh damn, I probably dozed off while taking a shower. Well that was embarrassing. I wrapped myself in my towel and got out only to find my 14 years old sister waiting for me in front of the door. She was holding her bag and some books and looked a bit angry.

“What do you want kiddo?” I asked while drying my hair with another towel. A bit annoyed that she disturbed me.

“Did you forget? You’re supposed to send me to Mrs. Song’s house, I have tuition remember?” She said impatiently while tapping her toes. Crap. Right, mom’s not here so she asks me to send her this evening. She shot me a look and I shrugged.

“Aish, why didn’t you tell me earlier!” I put the blame on her while searching for my under garments.

“I did! But you were busy rolling yourself on the bed like a fat lazy hippo!” She shouted. I rolled my eyes, she sounded like my mom, thank god I didn’t get that side of her.

“Yeah, yeah just wait downstairs and I’ll be down in a minute,” I said as I motioned her to go down and closed the door. I heard her saying about don’t be late as she went downstairs. I texted Yuri that I have to send Ye Rin to her tuition and will be coming to her house instead. I decided to wear my black skinny jeans with a maroon hoodie and my black sneakers. I’m going to a stupid boy band concert anyway. Ugh, I gonna be in torture for the next two hours. I grabbed my cap and headed downstairs. Ye Rin was waiting impatiently as usual at the door, already opening the gates and holding the car keys.

I shook my head in disbelief and grabbed the car keys from her. Wow so much for 14 year old girl, sheesh, I wonder how she is when she’s gonna have her period. Yep, the ladies of our family always getting ours later than anyone else, biology gene whatever.

“Come on, I’m gonna be late for the concert,” I said as we get in the car.

“Yeah, like I’m not late for tuition!” She was furious for being late, I just shrugged and drive. After a few minutes, we arrived at her teacher’s home. Before she went in, well practically running into the house, I yelled at her to call mom when she finished, she just nodded and gave a thumbs up and went straight it. Just like mom I thought, mom and she had so much common that they should live forever together.

Well, I better go to Yuri’s house now. I looked at the time, it was already 6:30 p.m, I have to go there fast, Yuri’s house was a bit far because her house was on top of a hill, well almost, she was born with a silver spoon in her hands, that’s why she managed to buy 2 VVIP tickets to the concert and she didn’t care that I don’t have to pay back for the ticket, wow I’m so lucky to have her as my best friend. Hah, maybe next time, I could get her to buy something for me for my next birthday, eh? Maybe-

*CAR BREAKS*

! Oh god, I almost hit that cat! OH thank god! Thank god! Thank god! Dammit he would’ve got killed! I looked around and nobody was here and all I could hear is the sound of my bracelet that I hung to my car keys. Suddenly I smiled looking at the bracelet, there’s a reason for the smile. A memory that I would never forget, him. I smiled sadly…

*flashback*

“Ae Rin-ah! I’m sorry I couldn’t pick you up, I’m still stuck in traffic, I’m afraid you have to walk home, be careful okay sweetie! Go back home now before the night’s get dark.” My mom called. Ah hell, now I have to go back alone? Well great. Just great. The night is so cold and my sweater was not warm enough to keep me hot.

I shoved frozen hands in my pocket and walked along the neighborhood in this cold winter. This winter seems to be a bit colder than I thought.  Thank god my home was not that far from here. Hmm maybe I should use the shortcut, its way faster, and I can get home and sleep and…

I heard footsteps as I walk along the alleyway, it was dark but there’s only small source of light on the walls, I could only see my shadow. I turned back and there was no one, so I decided to walk faster. Maybe it’s just the wind I thought.

And then I heard it again. Dammit, what’s making that noise? Too afraid to turn around, I walk faster and faster, but the footsteps were getting louder and louder. I didn’t think but I just ran until I saw a figure standing ahead of me.

“Wh-who’s that?” I stammered. I do remember of having a can of pepper spray in my bag. My hands slowly travel inside my bag and finally found it, yes jackpot. The figure went closer and closer and I blurted “Don’t come near me until you introduce yourself! I have a pepper spray!” , why the hell did I said that, ! I looked around to see any exit I could escape but there was none, ah Ae Rin think of something. There was a time when I think that I don’t have to take martial arts, but now I regretted for not taking any class. Ugh. The figure came closer towards me and slowly become visible. It looked like a man, I could see his face clearly because the moon shined on his face, his skin was pale, not to mention there was kind of sauce or something at his lips and he was definitely tall and muscular. He was wearing a simple plain shirt and jeans with sneakers. I’m puzzled at why he didn’t wear a coat or sweater at all because it’s still winter and I’m freaking cold even though I’m wearing three layered clothes in here. I stepped back slowly, saying, “Answer me! Or I’ll call the police,” Right~ I have a phone! Dammit Ae Rin how can you be so dumb, ugh, I grabbed for my phone and quickly dialed 911.

But suddenly, in a blink of an eye, he was suddenly standing in front of me, smiling from ear to ear, I swear he was standing at least 10 feet away from me, how could he even get here so fast? I gasped out loud because I realized it wasn’t sauce on his face, it was blood, and I know because I could literally smelled, and it made me a bit dizzy,…… and the whole world turned black.

Narrator

As the tall guy approaches Ae Rin, she was sinking to the ground, getting dizzier by the smell of the blood, it puzzled the guy but he didn’t care all he wanted was her, the lust in him was too powerful to be ignored. “It’s okay little girl, you won’t even notice the pain,” he said as he slowly took a hold of Ae Rin’s body. Ae Rin struggled weakly and whimpered “N-no..please,”. The man smiled proudly, and could hardly wait to get the taste of her. He was hungry that night, two humans weren’t enough for him, he needed more than that, and he absolute needed Ae Rin’s since she was pure and young and innocent. He his lips, imagining him the life out of her.

Little the man know that there was another stranger lurking in the shadow, the man lean to Ae Rin’s neck which she tried to push him away but was unsuccessful. He lunged to her neck and was about to bite, but suddenly he felt his body was picked up by a force and suddenly thrown to the wall. The man screamed in agony, I don’t think he’s a human, no human could ever lift me, he thought as he tried to stand up.

“How many times I have to tell you to not go after humans! It’s stupid and you’ll be exposing us to the whole world!” The man realized it was Jae Soon. This kid again  he thought.

“Who are you to stopped, you little punk, I’m way much older and wiser than you,” the man replied.

“But not this! I don’t want to do this to you, but if you don’t stop, then…” Jae Soon hesitated to finish his words.

“But what? You’re gonna kill me? You’re gonna send me to Shinigami again? Well too bad kid, I don’t care, I have spent my life going in and out of there, nothing could ever stop for doing this including you,” He laughed evilly and continue to consume the life of his prey. The man stops abruptly as soon as he tasted her. Jae Soon was confused too. He knew when the man starts he will never stop until there’s no more blood left in that body of hers.

The man looked at Jae Soon, with wide eyes, a look of terror in his face. “Her blood….i-is abnormal, sh-she-“He stood up looking absolutely terrified and just literally ran away into the darkness leaving Jae Soon and unconscious Ae Rin behind. Jae Soon didn’t understand but went straightly to the girl. Ae Rin looked like a dead body and he saw the wound at her neck. Using his given ability to heal, he quickly closed the wound by rubbing it gently. Everyone else would say that his eyes would turn white, whenever he did this, but he never realized it, but all he could definitely feel was the wound closing and return back to her normal skin.

Slowly the girl fluttered her eyes open to see herself lying on Jae Soon’s arm. “Wh-what! Don’t touch me! I still wanna be a !” She panicked. Jae Soon couldn’t help but laugh, then he realized again that he knew that girl somewhere….

“Wait…you’re Jae Soon, right? From class 3-B? In Yuri’s class right?” She said. Ah, the annoying girl in my class. How can you be her friend? He shook that thought away, focusing back to the girl. Crap, now she knows who I am. He thought again.

“Umm, yeah, hey, forget about tonight. Pretend that we never even met-“

“Why? You saved my life didn’t you?” She cuts him off. Wait how does she know? I mean,I never said anything about saving her life. Jae Soon was confused by this girl.

“Umm, nothing it was just a guess,” She’s doing it again! I didn’t even ask her… Again, Ae Rin was being a total weirdo to him. “I-I better head home,” Ae Rin quickly picked up her bag and ran away.

“Huh, that was weird, she’s weird, but almost interesting,” Jae Soon smirked and decided to head back to the headquarters. He noticed a shiny bracelet just beneath his feet, he didn’t even have to look the thing, he just knew it, that’s one of the perks of being him. He picked it up and wondered if it was the girl’s bracelet, he smelled it and knew instantly it was hers. “Maybe I should keep it, and give it to her if she decided to confront me,” Jae Soon smirked to that thought, and walked away with the bracelet tucked safely in his pocket.

 *flashback ended*

Ae Rin smiled on her own thinking about the memories she had. She glad she met Jae Soon that day. Since she confronted him for the bracelet, they become best friends forever. She admit he was a bit hard to get close with, but she tried her very best, and she actually liked him.

She remembered exactly the face, his smile, and oh, his laugh, his perfect laugh. To her it sounded like a song like a lullaby, not to mention, he could sing and dance so well, there’s nothing he couldn’t do. Ae Rin misses him so much, her heart hurts whenever she thinks of him. And she always does, so often that she no longer cries about him. He was not only her best friend, but her brother and father, he was her everything. Unfortunately that she didn’t have the chance to confess her feelings to him because after the high school graduation, he went missing, his neighbors didn’t even know where his family went, but they absolutely knew that they moved to another place. She tried to call him and even went to their secret hiding spot, but nothing. She couldn’t find him anywhere. Ae Rin was devastated and finally moved on went she got into college. But the memories of them together will forever be in her heart.

“Ae Rin ah! Let’s go!” Yuri knocked at her car’s window. Startled, Ae Rin smiled sheepishly and quickly unlocked the door. “Heh, you’re thinking about him again aren’t you?” Yuri smirked. She knows me too well, even since high school.

“Sadly, yeah, maybe I never even moved on,” I smiled sadly and started to drive.

“Aww it’s okay Rinnie~ Let’s go to the concert to help you to ease off your mind about him, kay?” Yuri sounded so happy. Who wouldn’t be happy, especially a fangirl going to a concert of a boy band she loves. Especially when she herself is a B2UTY, a hardcore fan of Korea’s famous boy band BEAST. Ae Rin sighed. She never loves K-Pop. It’s just, it wasn’t her thing, and she preferred classic songs over electronic beats. But she loves Yuri too; Ae Rin thought that maybe Yuri was right. Maybe going to the concert would make her forget about Jae Soon for a while.

Jae Soon….

Where are you? I miss you so bad… Please come back. I need you.

 

P/s: Chapter 1 completed yay! Hihi if you enjoy this and would like to continue reading, do comment and subscribe if you like :) an upvote would be lovely too! Enjoy reading guys! :)