Who, wait, What Are You?

Touch of Life

Chapter 2

1fb8cc1385fabe8176406c55ef7c9607.jpg

Ae Rin

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA” Ugh, again. I rolled my eyes, Yuri started screaming and shouting ever since I enter the parking lot. Whenever she sees a banner of Beast she would go wild and started kicking the car.

“YAYAYA! Shut up! I’m driving for god sake, calm the off!” She’s really starting to get on my nerves. I blew my bangs and took a deep breath. Ah finally, I found my parking spot.

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” Yuri shouted again.

“What the waffles? It’s just a freaking pos-“ She cuts me off while pointing to her watch.

“We’re late! Late late late! I thought it’ll start at 8, but it’s 7:30!” She looked like she was gonna cry but then mumbled about being late and all and then she got out, sheesh, I quickly off the engine and got out of the car, feeling a bit annoyed.

The fact that this is a concert that I hate the most, mind you, I don’t hate concerts but I hate well dislike the performers for this concert. Did I mention, I hate kpop? OH GOD it makes me puke. I just couldn’t ugh, no just no, there’s no word that could describe how much I loathe them. I let Yuri tugged me in to stadium hall, I couldn’t do anything anyway, I could run though, but I love my bff she’s there for me since and after Jae Soon left… I shook the thought away and put on my fake smile for Yuri.

At last, we’re finally in, and it’s sure as hell lot of people in here, I looked again at the tickets that Yuri gave me as we get in, it written there ‘VIP’ and it cost 200000 won. What. The. Fu- then suddenly the whole crowd went wild and shout and jump around like crazy baboons, all I did was standing there and shut my eyes, I swear it could bleed if I didn’t.

“KYAAAAAAAA BI SEU TEU! BI SEU TEU BI SEU TEU!” Yuri was chanting like a mad man as well as the others. It was then until the song started and the boys are up on stage, each of them appeared one by one, by popping themselves up onto the stage. They started dancing and singing as well as doing fan service to their fans. There were total of 6, according to Yuri, and trust me I don’t wanna repeat this again because Yuri already explained it to me, well actually more of a  fangirling to me, and I had to listen to the whole damn history about Beast.

After a few minutes watching them dancing and singing and acting all y and stuff not to mention the shouts and screams from the crowd somehow gets boring. Then, I thought of something, hehe, I grinned widely from ear to ear.

“Maybe it’s time to have some fun,”

 

Narrator

Ae Rin’s about to do one of her mischief, using her ability that she develops when she was little. Ae Rin was adopted, her parents found her in front of their house, in a small basket, nothing but a blanket wrapping the cold little body. She was absolute normal just like the other child, she was raised normally, but only she has one thing that no other person like her has it; the ability to read minds. Up till now, no one knew about this because she kept it as a secret.

Ae Rin got her ability on her 12th birthday, it was a shock for her, but somehow she knew that she could never tell anyone about it, she thought that people would call her crazy. But as she grew up, she manages to control her powers and only listen to other’s people mind when and whom she wanted to. Although having the powers had cause her pain over the years. She would usually have migraine or such, sometimes she would faint but the doctors said she was fine and normal.

“Maybe it’s time to have some fun,” Mischieveous Ae Rin smirked. She focused on their minds and puts two fingers to the side of her head and listens…Little she knows this might forever change her life.

“Heh, so what could I get from these flower boys,” She grinned. “Must be boasting about how good they are ugh, flowers boys,” She began to focus again.

So…so hungry, I need blood,” Thought one of the boys. Ae Rin was confused, didn’t understand what happened.

She looks tasty, her blood looks fine,” Thought another while eyeing at one of their fans. Ae Rin didn’t feel good about this. Suddenly one word made her chilled to the spine.

You.” Ae Rin pretty sure it wasn’t somebody’s saying, she slowly turned to the blonde boy who was pointing at her while singing, his eyes were wide and smirking. “You’ve been a very bad girl,” He smirked again; the other fans were wild and jealous of the boy pointing at her only. Yuri was practically shaking Ae Rin’s body, but all she could think was them. “Shouldn’t you mind your own business, young girl,” The boy walked closely to edge of the stage, kneeling and looked at Ae Rin.

“There’s nowhere to hide,” He gives her flying kiss and stood up and walked away smirking. Although in his mind, he was scared and afraid, because he really doesn’t know what she is, and it terrified him. He hide the thought away, afraid that Ae Rin might find out. But Ae Rin couldn’t think of anything right now, all she wanted was to run away, get out of there, but then she knew it was pointless, she had figured whatever in the boy’s mind. He had foreseen her coming, some sort of vision, like he said, there’s nowhere to hide for her, or she’ll end up getting caught, maybe not now, but she will be found.

“Yuri, I need to go out, okay?” Ae Rin headed out straight without even looking at her friend. She passed through the crowd and finally out of the stadium. She sat on the ground, hugged her knees and closed her eyes. She doesn’t what to feel or what to do anymore, she wants to stay quiet, and ignoring if  people might stare at her or anything.

 

Ae Rin

“I’m screwed,” What the hell am I doing? I should be running right?  I mean, were they kidding or what? But I saw what’s inside their heads, images of them going to backstage, take a girl into one of their hidden closet or room, luring them in, seduce them until they are in daze then slowly sink their teeth to their neck, the life out of them, killing them one by one… I shuddered at the thought.

The thought made me wanted to vomit. I hugged my legs tighter and sighed heavilly. But what if they’re the answer to my questions? How could I have these powers? This gifted ability? I’m pretty sure it’s not a curse, since I am fine and all. Maybe they know what I am too… No normal human can have these abilities and I really wonder if there are more people who are abnormal like me, perhaps my birth parent. I knew I was adopted but I never told my parents about it. I read their minds all the time and it to know you were adopted the whole time and they didn’t even tell you. Since then, I cried every night but I stopped somehow, because their unconditionally love towards me made me realized that they are the best parents I could ever have and I loved being their daughter. My throat felt dry and I bit my lip so hard to avoid crying. Ae Rin, get a grip, be strong for yourself maybe going to the concert was a good thing.

Well I hope so. I crossed my fingers for a miracle to happen even though I don’t believe in gods or goddess or whatever. There’s nothing wrong with a little bit of pray right? I sighed miserably, I looked at my watch and it was already 11, “The concert should ended by now,” I said quietly to myself. After a few minutes, I heard the crowd saying encores, then making sad noises then said they’re goodbyes to the boys. I don’t even think they deserve to call boys. I wonder how old they are actually, I’ve read too many fictions to know about this kind of stuff but I just don’t want to believe it. Yet.

Soon, people went out of the stadium with satisfy and happy on their faces, some looked sad that they had to leave, and some were eager to buy the merchandise. Suddenly, someone called my name. Are they calling me now? Crap. What the hell should I do.

“Ae Rin ah! OH MY GOD I SEARCHED FOR YOU WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO??” It was Yuri, I realized I was holding my breath and I quickly inhaled air. “I was worried you would get kidnapped!” She said. I snorted because I read her mind and all she thinks was the concert and the ‘boys’ and there was a slight images of me somewhere in her head but then how true what she’s saying just now, I might get kidnapped soon. “Hello? Earth to Ae Rin?” She waved her hands in my face. I shook my head and smiled.

“Yuri ah, can you go home first? I need to go somewhere in a bit, I could take the bus,” I tried my best to smiled and looked busy.

“Hmm, okay then, if you want a ride home just call me okay? I really don’t mind at all,” She smiled sadly.

“Arasso,” I said and we said our goodbyes. She parted towards the parking lot and just stood there waiting like fool.

 

I’d waited and waited and soon the place was empty, I sat on a bench alone facing the road. Maybe I should go home, I thought. But I was too scared and afraid to leave the place, it’s like my house was no longer home anymore.

Out of the blue, a big white van passed by and halts to a sudden stop. My legs were frozen. My body was practically trembling and my mouth was dry. The van reversed and stopped right in front of me. Crap, Ae Rin what are you doing? Why can’t you run away, you stupid girl, I cursed silently. I wanted to run but I really couldn’t move, as if my feet stuck on the cement.

The door opened slowly and I saw the blonde guy again. His eyes were looking straight at me, because I know I’m the only one here. “You.” He said, his voice was loud and clear and strong. “Come here.” Without hesitating and I stepped forward, getting closer to the van. As I went closer, I saw that he wasn’t the only one in the van; I could see the others, his other members perhaps, eyeing me eagerly and excitingly like I was a meal to them. I was too afraid to read their minds, because I don’t want the blonde guy to know. “Ae Rin, don’t be afraid, come here,” He smiled at me and gestured me to come closer. He looked so innocent and sincere; I just couldn’t help but to obey his command. He was so alluring and attractive; I was attracted to him.

Something hit my head really hard. I blinked my eyes quite a few times. I looked around and it was nothing, then it all made sense. I smelled something rusty, almost like the smell of iron or keys, silver metal stuff. I gulped. It was definitely blood. I knew it; it came from the van, of course. They would always have blood by their side wouldn’t they? Did they murder someone in there? I couldn’t think much more because I was getting dizzier, I couldn’t feel my legs or my hand and the world seems to spin around and around.

“Hey? Are you okay?” This time the voice wasn’t the blonde’s, it was another, and he sounded worried. I snorted. Why would they be worry? Who, I mean, exactly what are they? Then I got confused. Am I in a dream right now? “Guys! She looked like she’s gonna faint!” I heard another voice shouted at the back of the van. I wonder how many are there inside. But none of that matters because I felt as if the world getting smaller and smaller… As I inhaled, the rust scent hit my nose and my vision went black.

Hyunseung

The girl just fall down to the ground. All I do was just staring at her unconscious body. Until, Gikwang got through me and went out of the van. I stared at him while sitting still on the seat. “Ya! You don’t leave a girl lying like this! What if somebody sees us or something?!” He said while picking up the girl, like a stuffed toy. A mere human like her was not a burden, as we are stronger than them all, but then she wasn’t exactly human because of that ability she has. Up till now, it was still a puzzle to me. I scoot over for Gikwang and the girl to come in. We all just stared at the girl. It was a good thing we all drank just now or she would be dead by now. The van was big enough for seven of us. Doojoon was in front, didn’t care what happen and just listen to his mp3. Our driver was waiting for our command, just like Doojoon, ignoring whatever happened to the surrounding. Yoseob,Junhyung and Dongwoon sat at the back, they were all staring at the girl, who is currently on Gikwang’s lap. Gikwang always had this strong sense of protecting the humans. He was a bit different from us, yet we treated him the same because our president said so.

                “She’s pretty,” Dongwoon literally cooed and said it a few times to the girl, as expected from a Casanova like him. “Junhyung hyung! Use your power to heal her!” He begged the already annoyed Junhyung who was trying to sleep but apparently was disturbed by the scene happening now.

                Junhyung hissed and snarled at Dongwoon, “You twerp, she’s not even injured, she just fainted!” He was irritated, but Dongwoon pouted. Then he puts on his headphones and go back to sleep.

                “Dongwoon’s right, she is pretty, wait, she’s a beauty,” Yoseob suddenly speak out and biting his lip. I was a bit surprised by the three boys. It was not like them at all to behave like this. I sat there quietly, observing them and the girl. She looked like she was sleeping. Then all of them turned and looked at me, “Driver, drive.” I said to our driver and looked to the window, ignoring the stares.

                “Hyung, do you mind explain?” Gikwang demanded. Actually, all of them wanted an explanation but they were tired and exhausted. Even though they already had their drinks. It’s just they had enough drama for the past year and absolute don’t want a new one. I felt guilty because I knew it was because of me, I looked at the girl, and somehow she seems so familiar.

                Suddenly something burns at the back of my neck, I rub at the spot. Damn, the tattoo is causing pain again. Aish, what now? But to think of it, it has been a long time since it was like this. I wondered why. Argh! I groaned. Everyone looked at me, concerned in their eyes. Before they could ask, I quickly said, “I’m fine, just a headache,” The tattoo was doing it again, but I bit my lip and hold in the pain.

Ugh, what now? I looked at the girl still wondering, what she is....

Chapter Ended

To be continued…

p/s: Chapter 2 is up! Yay, sorry for the late update, I did my best for this chapter I hope you like it and if you do, don’t forget to comment and subscribe! An upvote would be lovely too! :) xoxo

 

               

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

­­