Chapter 4

It’s Always You and You

Namjoo's POV :

"Oppa!"

I pulled my hand and look at Himchan oppa with a serious look. He then laughs sarcastically to me.

"So, you're dating that nerd?"

"What are you talking about?! And can't you stop saying that Kyungsoo is a nerd?"

Seriously, this oppa really pisses me off so much. I don't know why but hearing him saying stuffs like that is just too much. I just don't like the way he judges Kyungsoo like that.

"You! Can't you see what happened here?!"

"WHAT?! I told you to stop raising your voice like that. I hate it!"

I stepped away but then he said something.

"I won Joo. I won that competition."

Ah, i see now. He thought I didn't see him. Maybe that's why he misunderstood. But still, I guess he needs to think that what he said about Kyungsoo just now is just not right and I surely want him to think about that mistake. So I decided to not not really show that I'm excited over his winning.

"I knew it already. Chukkae. I'm proud of you."

And just like that, I continued to walk away from him.

*

Himchan's POV :

It was such a huge mistake that I raised my voice earlier. Namjoo can't lie about her feelings. She hates it. She hates that I asked her to come with me just now. Though she knew I won, it doesn't change the fact that she got angry for what I've done to her earlier. Was I too mean?

The shinning medal lingers on my neck feels heavier. I don't want her to hate me but I just can't let her be with Kyungsoo. Guys know each others. That guy likes her and foolish Namjoo doesn't even realize that. The moment he lets her know his feelings, that's the end for me. Keeping all these feelings that doesn't even change a bit since long time ago would mean nothing but confessing my feelings is even worse.

There's too many "what if" in my mind. And none of it sounds good at all. Losing her as a very good friend is my worst fear. But if I confessed, everything will also change.

Probability one. She might feel the same but it will be very awkward for both of us and she might also hide things as secrets where she's uncomfortable to share it to me (since she knew I like her). Keeping things like that will gradually make ourselves become a different person to each other and obviously I don't want it that way. I like the old Namjoo who complained about almost everything to me. I like Namjoo now for she's an independent young lady who doesn't rely herself to other people. In conclusion, I just don't want to be a burden in her life. I want her to feel that I am here, always there whenever she needs me.

But in other sides and probability, she might not love me the way I do to her. I knew her too well, so does Namjoo knew everything about me. There's nothing mysterious about me (except the fact that I love her as a young woman not as a younger friend). While that Kyungsoo guy, I believe she doesn't really know much about him and that could be his advantage to show another sides of him he has never shown to her before.

"Kim Namjoo.. Na eotheokkaji? Tell me what should I do about this.."

*

Kyungsoo's POV :

Just before I started to pack my things and prepare to go home, Namjoo barged into the room as if she's been running marathon.

"I put all your stationeries in the pencil case. I wonder if I should put all your stuffs in the bag, but I decided to just tidy it up for you to put it by yourself. Is that okay?"

"Jeongmalyo? Wah, thanks. I owe you a lot." she smiled

"Not at all. I'm happy that you've been such a good friend to me."

"Eo? What do you mean?"

Darn it. Why do I have to say silly things like that.

"Oh, it's nothing. Let's go then."

Again, she only smiles. Before she sat on her chair and somehow looks sad.

"Kyungsoo-ya.. You witness too many things between Himchan oppa and I and I feel like, you know, I want to say a bit about it to you. Do you mind hearing it?"

Wait. What. This is not something that usually happened in drama right? 'I like him but he doesn't know that yet.', 'we're actually in relationship'... Seolma, there's no way she will say things like that right?

"Kyungsoo? Are you listening to me?" she got me back to reality by waving her hand in front of my face.

"Yea! Yea! What is it?"

"A lot of people said oppa and I made a cute couple and so on. I just don't feel that way. I don't know. I love him. But not like that. He's as precious as my family. To me, in my life. He's an important person. I told you right about my injured leg? That moment when it happened it feels as if the sky fell down on my head. I was in my lowest point of my life since I know that I can't do things I love to do. Oppa then came and cheered me up. I cried countless times already yet he never let go of me. I don't want him to let go of me too Kyungsoo, but if one of us happened to love each other in other ways and the other one just don't feel the same.. I.."

"You're afraid that you might lose him. Am I right?"

She nodded. Namjoo is kind hearted and I could see that. She thought how to not make her beloved one feel unworthy. I got her point. Now, I feel like I don't hate that guy anymore. I feel thankful that he's been with Namjoo all of this time. It must be hard for them to grow up together and face reality that in every male-female friendship, in order to keep it goes well, one needs to sacrifice their feelings so nobody will feel bad to each other.

In this case, I could see that she doesn't love him the way he does yet she doesn't want him to drift away from her life. I got to help Namjoo now. Put aside my feelings first. I need to make her tell Himchan the truth, I need to help her in order to bring back her genuine smile that's just full of pure happiness. And I know, this is my chance to prove her that she can also leans on me and a chance to prove to Himchan that I deserve to be in the same position as him where we both deserve a special place in Namjoo's heart.