Chapter 3

It’s Always You and You

Namjoo POV :

I seriously don't get it. Why does Himchan oppa have to act like this and make all the other students look at us weirdly.

"Kyungsoo-ya, I'll go first. Let's talk again later okay?"

I smiled to him, but Kyungsoo looks different. He glares at Himchan oppa.

"Listen, new kid. I don't care who you are, where do you come from or what's your relationship with Namjoo but I, as a class president and her friend, really think that you need to control that childish emotion. Besides, you heard her right? She said that her hand hurts because of you."

This is the very first time of my life seeing Kyungsoo said that kind of thing in front of me. I thought he's just a quiet guy who doesn't really care about other people's life, but I was wrong. For a second I feel my heart flutters. I'm surprised by his manly act but then I'm back to reality where Himchan oppa still insists to ask me to go with him.

"Look who's talking. Namjoo, we need to talk. Rooftop. I'll wait there for sure."

"No. Wait. Let's talk now. Kyungsoo, I'll go, and thank you. You're my hero of the day,"

I pat his arm and follow Himchan oppa with a slight blush on my cheeks.

 

-

Himchan oppa is always a good friend to me. The fact that he knows me more than anyone makes him become so protective to almost everything I do. The time when his family moved to US few years ago is probably the saddest moment I had so far. Our families know each other, and he's such a good brother and best friend to me too.

Good thing that I never change my feelings to him. I knew it so well that he likes me for such a long time but I know that I don't love him the way he felt for me, so I pretend like I know nothing.

Fact.

I accidentally read his journal back then.

I just don't want things get awkward between us if we became more than friends. So that's why, even though I'm trying to tell him to stop act as if he's my boyfriend, I don't really have a reason to do that.

 

-

Kyungsoo POV :

I felt happy that she thanked me but in the end she still chooses to follow Himchan anyway and that hurts me. Does she really like him or is it just me who thinks like a fool and hope that one day she'll like me too?

All these changes is no use. I feel hopeless and maybe I should stop now.

"Chill boy, all you gotta do is ask her out, and find the answer. You have the same probability with that himchan guy of being her boyfriend. It's just about the time."

Baekhyun is right. I also knew her for a long time already, not as long as himchan knew her but at least it's been years now. Now that I'm thinking about it, it's only her that makes me want to open up to other people. She inspired me to be the one. So why didn't I let her know about it? It's okay if she rejected me in the end, but at least I tried.


*I'm sorry, like really. All excuses are just the same so I'll just try to update the story from now on.