territorial claims.

Survival Guide 101: Living With Money-less Idiots

territorial claims.

 

territorial claims.

030.gif

Episode Recap.

It's now Taeyeon's job to find an apartment for a transfer teacher. Daehyun is now angry at everyone for forgetting him at a gas station and a heist was pulled off at the school in order to retrieve V's life which had been missing. Most importantly, the family have changed their names to Suho, Luna, Eunji and V to avoid suspicion by any nearby debt collectors in Busan. Daehyun however was giving silent treatment at the time so he's lost his chance to do so.

030.gif

"Taeyeon, you've got a package!" Kibum shouted from the living room. He tore apart his own mail and went back to the basement where he was staying. The room had been turned into a fortress that no one had ever seen except for himself.

Outside his lair, Taeyeon skipped down the stairs towards the coffee table where a pile of different sized parcels were waiting. She ran to them excitedly and immediately thought to the package Leeteuk said he was sending over. She dug through the pile only to find the name 'Han Sunhwa' printed on every single one.

 

"Why Sunhwa, why!" Taeyeon called out, directing her voice to the rooms upstairs.

"What?!" she answered, drying her hair while walking down the stairs.

"I have to suffer every morning just to get through the front door because of all these but just once, I actually wanted one of these annoying boxes to be mine! Instead, I find your name across all of them again!" she screamed, throwing a fit. "Now I have to find an apartment for some jerk I don't even know and all my files are buried underneath all this junk!"

"Calm down, Taeyeon. You said something came for you right?" Sunhwa asked,  trying to calm her hyperventilating friend down who nodded in response. "Well yesterday, this small thing arrived and I opened it thinking it was mine." She handed over a CD case which had been all decorated artistically and elegantly. Taeyeon immediately stopped her sniffing and took the CD from her, running up the stairs.

 

Sunhwa sighed began looking through her packages but before long, she could hear Taeyeon running back down again. "What now?" she sighed.

"I left a bunch of papers here yesterday along with an envelope filled with money. Have you seen them?" Taeyeon asked anxiously.

"Well the papers are right here," the other answered, holding up a thick stack of papers, "but I took the envelope yesterday, thinking it was mine."

"And what did you do to it?" Taeyeon questioned.

"Spent it of course, on this bag!" she laughed, showing off her new bag.

Taeyeon's jaw dropped and she stared at her friend. "Haven't people told you not to take other people's stuff?!" she screamed, mentally breaking down.

"I didn't think it was yours! You never have this much money lying around!"

"It's not even my money!" Taeyeon cried. "I'm supposed to use it to buy someone an apartment and he's coming in two weeks!"

"Well then, you're screwed," Kibum interrupted. "Just how do you think you'll be able to make that much money in two weeks? I'm going to assume it's a lot because that bag looks very expensive. Gucci?" he asked Sunhwa. She nodded and smiled gleefully.

"How am I going to explain this to my boss!" she screamed, tugging at her hair strands and banging her head on the wall.

 

"Excuse me, sir," Taeyeon called out, trying to get the principal's attention.

"Ah yes, Taeyeon. I was hoping to find you. The date's been changed," the Boss said, "and instead, Kris will now be coming tonight. I expect that you already have everything sorted out and you will also be picking him up."

Taeyeon could only stare at him as he walked away.

030.gif

"Mum, are we there yet?"

"No, Taehyung. Please stop asking that question!" Luna sighed, rubbing her temples. It was beginning to get cold and she wasn't dressed for a 6 hour road trip. In plain words, it was simply just uncomfortable.

"Mum, my name is V now! V!" he said, annoyed. "Repeat after me, V. V. V. V."

"That's enough, Kim Taehyung!," Suho shouted over the teenager.

"You too!" he shouted, "It's V now! V! V! V!"

 

Daehyun could only take that much before he cracked and yelled, "That's it! You're both driving me insane!" He crawled over his seat into the back of the van and kicked open the back, hopping onto his motorbike and drove out, overtaking them and moving ahead.

"10 bucks that he'll run out of gas and gets lost before he gets there," Eunji betted as the rest stared at the dust that flew from behind him.

"Deal," V agreed, spitting on his hand and offered a handshake to his sister.

030.gif

As soon as the Boss went back to his office, Taeyeon could think of no other idea than to fake sickness and return home to where she could sort out the situation. The hardest part, however, was the sick part.

She  sat back down at her desk and slumped down onto the table.

"Are you alright, Taeyeon?" Baekhyun asked, peering over the divider to see a dead like Taeyeon lying on the table. He shook her gently and she pretended to throw up into the trash can beside her.

Holy crap, what do I do? Baekhyun thought nervously, rubbing her back gently. "I think Taeyeon needs to go home!" he shouted.

"Then take her home!" someone yelled back at him.

Baekhyun sighed and helped her to get up will she continued to fake sickness and throw up into the bin.

He helped her to his car and she immediately stopped her act, running to her own vehicle and jumped inside, starting it up.

While she speed away, she got just a little too close to Baehyun and felt the car go over a bump. She turned back to see him lying on the ground, clutching his foot and rolling in pain.

 

Maybe there are some pros to getting run over,  Baekhyun thought as he lay in the back of her car.

After listening to her apologize over and over, Baekhyun had agreed, not that it would take much, to be driven back home by her.

"I am so sorry, Baekhyun. Is there anything I can do, anything at all?" Taeyeon asked again.

"Can I call you noona?" he blurted out without thinking.

"I'm sorry, what?" she asked.

"I meant will you go out for coffee with me?" he asked again, mentally making a note to murder himself later.

"Sure," she laughed. The sound of it was like bells chiming in the wind to him. That was until he realized that they were going to crash into a tree unless she started to focus.

 

"Tayeon, tree!" he yelled anxiously before a serious accident occurred. "How did she even get a licence?" he asked himself quietly before resuming to stare at her.

"So which way is it?" she asked him. "Hello? Baekhyun?"

"What? Oh, take a left here and then a right," he said, continuing until he reached home.

"Huh, this is the house right next to mine!" she said excitedly.

"Really?" Baekhyun said, feigning surprise. Truthfully, he had stalked her entire profile and resume, finding out every single detail from her birth place to what blood type she was. "I didn't know that! Great, so that means we can carpool! You know, save the environment," he laughed. I am going to lay in bed later and drown my sorrows with ice-cream, Baekhyun thought, mentally face palming himself.

"That's a great idea! We can go in my car tomorrow morning since yours is still in the car park," she offered, rubbing her hands together.

"Sure," Baekhyun agreed, there was no way he'd be letting go of an opportunity like this.

"In fact, I'll give you my phone number," Taeyeon smiled, handing him her phone.

He keyed in the numbers, which in fact he already had saved as 'My Angel', and called it. Taeyeon's phone rang and he saved the number as 'Baekhyunnie' adding a smiley heart at the end and a dazzling photo too. Baekhyun handed the phone back to her, smiling gratefully. His crush was in front of him so why was he acting like such an idiot.

"Do you need any help getting inside?" Taeyeon asked, trying to be helpful since she was the one who ran over his foot.

"No, no. I've probably bothered you enough, you seem like you have something urgent to handle," he smiled again. Why was he stopping Taeyeon from helping him he didn't know.

"See you tomorrow then," smiled Taeyeon again. She really did plan to turn Baekhyun into an idiot today.

 

Baekhyun limped back inside the house, leaving the door open. He sat down on the couch, hoping that everything wasn't just one of those ridiculous fantasies he had during work.

He stood up again and went to turn the light off before turning it on again just to check if everything was really happening. He kept turning it on and off just to make sure but it really was happening and he began to dance for joy.

"Unbelievable," Daehyun said, watching his uncle be, well, an idiot. He held up a camera and began filming the unsuspecting victim. Daehyun continued to stand at the door until Baekhyun realized that he was there.

"Daehyun! What are you doing here? Did you run away from home?" Baekhyun joked, stopping his outrageous dance.

"Dad's broke and decided he was going to crash here and hide from debt collectors," he announced, lying down on the couch and the television while Baekhyun blinked.

 

 

Next door, Taeyeon was freaking out. Not just freaking out but literally throwing a fit. "What the hell do I do know?" she cried. "He's going to be here at 9 and I have nowhere to take him. There's no space here since Sunhwa is storing all of her junk in the spare room!"

"What junk?" Sunhwa interrupted, walking down the stairs dragging a large box behind her. "A little help please?"

Taeyeon rushed up to help her while complaining, "You know that money that you spent on that fabulous bag?" Sunhwa raised her eyebrows at the sarcasm but let her friend continue. "Well turns out, the guy is coming tonight and I still don't have a place for him to stay! I’ll probably be fired and then I'll have no job and then I’ll be broke and then I'll be forced to sell all my belongings to make a living and then I'll probably have to wait tables or something! I graduated from Y University, Sunhwa! I can't become a waitress!"

"Sit the down, Taeyeon. You're being paranoid. Look, I just cleaned out the house and now we have a spare room, Just let him stay there," Sunhwa said.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"I'm not going to be fired!" Taeyeon shouted for joy.

"And I'm going to go deaf!" Sunhwa yelled after her. "What time is he coming?"

"Tonight at 6."

"Then we still have some cleaning to do. By the way, shouldn’t you be at work?"

"I got sick leave."

030.gif

Without Daehyun, the van seemed to be missing something. A sarcastic, wannabe bad boy who complained about everything. So really, nothing was missing and it was just like the petrol station all over, no one realised he was gone.

"We're almost there guys," Luna said happily. Finally she could see her brothers again after so long.

"Land!" V shouted happily.

"What do you mean land?" Eunji asked. "We've been on land the entire time."

"But I haven’t been touching it! I need a place to run around and stretch my legs!" he shouted. "I also want to get to Baekhyun's house as fast as possible so I can plug all of these in," he said excitedly, pointing to his locked cabinent of goodies.

"Are you sure those are the electronics?" Eunji asked, worriedly.

"Of course! I checked by ringing my phone and it's all in there. I have tracking signals for all of them! There's some other junk in there too but that's not important."

"That's it! That's Baekhyun's house!" Luna pointed. She could finally get some rest and get away from this hell ride.

They pulled over and V ran up to the doorbell, pressing it over and over until someone opened it.

"Well hello there, you took your time," answered Daehyun.

"I won the bet!" V shouted to Eunji and she groaned in disbelief.

 

They all ran inside and sat in the living room, stretching out their legs while Baekhyun watched. "Sunyoung, can you please tell me what's going on?"

"Baekhyunnie!" Luna shouted, running over to hug her brother. "Don't call me Sunyoung anymore though. It's Luna now. Suho, I mean Joonmyeon, will explain the situation."

"Well due to global recession- Fine, I'll do it as we rehearsed!" he said, annoyed when Eunji kicked him. He unwillingly kneeled down and began the speech, "Due to myself being an idiot, we are now broke and homeless but my dear angels," Suho continued sacrcastically, "need a place to stay so we've come- I've come to beg you to let us stay here. Are you happy now?!" he asked V who was currently having a laughing fit despite the whole I need a place to stay situation.

"You could've called first," muttered Baekhyun under his breath.

"Come on, do it for me," Luna asked. "I'll cook."

"Deal!" Baekhyun smiled. Finally he could get real food everyday instead of just plain instant noodles.

"Baekhyun, are you home! You left the door open and there's a motorbike in our garden!" Chanyeol shouted, walking to the front door to see Suho kneeling on the floor and Taehyung lying in the way of the front door. "What in the world is happening?"

"We're having real food tonight!" Baekhyun said gleefully.

 

 

"So let me get this straight, since Suho is incapable of running a business and handling his finances properly because he is too soft and trusting, the five of you are now in a situation where you have to move here to Busan and stay with us. Luna is currently annoyed and is in desperate need of relaxation,Suho just wants his money back, Eunji wants to eat and V wants to plug up every single electronic device that he has so he can get his life back and Daehyun wants to sleep. Anything I'm missing?"

"That's it," Suho said grudgingly. His brother in-law had just managed to undermine his entire personality without even blinking.

"As long as Luna can cook it's fine," he said, looking at her hopefully. "I know you're tired but maybe some real food will help?"

"Anything for my brother," she smiled, putting away all weariness and began to work in the kitchen. Within ten minutes, a heavenly smell was wafting from the kitchen.

"So now we have to work out sleeping arrangements. The rooms we have free are: the master bedroom, the basement and the attic. Of course there's always living room. Baek and I agreed to be fair with each other and not take the master bedroom when we moved here but I think that Suho and Luna should take that room. Eunji is a girl so it's only fair that she gets her own room so that means you two are sharing," he planned, looking at Daehyun and V. "I'll let you decide by yourself on that. Go have a race or something. Now to school."

The three of them groaned as soon as Chanyeol said that word. "I know for a fact that neither of you guys have graduated yet. You'll be enrolled where Baekhyun works, any subjects that you prefer?"

"Art and textiles," Eunji called out.

"Sleeping," said Daehyun.

"There isn’t such a class. Unless of course you mean study periods which aren't meant for sleeping."

"Yeah, those."

"I'm just going to put you down for music. You and V look like Baekhyun so maybe you have his useless musical talent too." Daehyun shrugged and continued to watch the television. "And you, V?"

"Anything to do with technology."

"I figured. I'll put you down for music as well just in case you both take after Baekhyun. You three will also do the compulsory maths, language, science, English and physical education classes. Baekhyun teaches biology so maybe you'll get him for a teacher, not that it'll be any help to you. He'll probably nag you every night asking if you've done your homework."

"I'll talk to the principal tonight about it all," Baekhyun said, glaring at his completely oblivious brother.

"Wait what about our uniform?" Eunji asked.

"I'll handle everything else. The last day of term is tomorrow, now go pick your rooms."

 

"I shotgun the attic!" they all yelled, charging up towards the hole in the roof that would soon become someone's fort. Chanyeol watched and laughed as they childishly fought for the area.

Eunji grabbed the pole to pull it done but it was immediately snatched by V. She pulled his hair and Daehyun picked her up, dropping her again when she decided to kick him in a very sensitive area.

"Not again," he groaned. In the end, everyone was wrestling each other on the ground.

"That's it, let's settle this properly," Eunji said, fixing her hair.

"Fine then," Daehyun agreed. They all held out their hands in an intense battle of paper, scissors, rock.

"I win!" Eunji shouted, taking the pole and climbing up into the attic. It was dusty but who cares, she could sleep.

"Let's go to the basement then," Daehyun sighed.

"Actually it won't be that bad," V said optimistically. "I can set up my life and we can play StarCraft all night."

030.gif

 

Taeyeon got out into her car and the engine. "Okay, so his name is Kris Wu and he'll be arriving at exactly 6pm."

"Where are you going?" Baekhyun shouted from over the low fence. He'd gone outside for some fresh air and to avoid the animals that were fighting for a room.

"To the airport. I need to pick up the transfer teacher," Taeyeon said.

"I'll come with you then," Baekhyun offered, putting on a jacket.

"It's fine, it'll be a hassle for you since your foot probably still hurts."

"Don't worry about me," he reassured her, "plus you need someone to carry all the luggage."

"Thank you so much!"

The other reason Baekhyun offered to help was that he knew the man and Kris was male, tall, handsome and a Casanova aka danger to his possible future relationship to Taeyeon. Eyeliner was not going to help anyone in this situation.

 

Meanwhile.

While driving his baggage cart, Kris is stopped by a security guard. "I'm sorry, sir, but carts are not allowed passed this area. Please put it in the racks provided."

"I see no sign," Kris replied curtly. The man points to a large sign right next to him. "Well, it's not in English!"

“Sir, it’s a pictograph. It’s supposed to be easily recognized and understood no matter what language you speak," the security guard explained.

"It's still not in English!" he said, demanding to be allowed passed the gate.

The man stops him again and confiscates the cart. "Your alpaca does not need to be pushed in a cart."

Kris grumbled unhappily and dragged his luggage behind him.

 

"I apologise for the delay. How may I help you?" the receptionist asked.

"Have you seen a Kim Taeyeon?" Kris asked the receptionist. The 14 hour flight had made him jet-lagged and now all he really wanted to sleep.

The receptionist began to speak into a microphone, "Miss Kim Taeyeon, a Kris Wu is here is waiting for you. I repeat a tall, handsome man with a stuffed alpaca is waiting for you."

Kris sighed, muttering, "Did she really need to include that part?"

"She should be here soon," the receptionist replied. "Please take a seat."

"You say she'll be here soon. How soon is soon?" he asked.

"About as long as a piece of string is now please take a seat."

Kris sat down before deciding to go ask another question. "And how long is a piece of string?"

 

Interrupting him, Tayeon tapped on his shoulder. "Excuse me, are you Kris Wu?" she asked.

"Kim Taeyeon?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"That's me," she smiled.

"You're prettier than I thought you were."

"Kris, long time no see!" Baekhyun said, butting into the conversation before it got any further.

"Baekhyun! You still have a crush on her?" he whispered.

"Shut up."

 

"I apologize in advance but you'll be staying with me for now. Please don't tell the principal about this."

"No worries, after all, who can resist staying with someone as pretty as you?" he said, winking at Baekhyun. The man grew frustrated at his friend but just stuck his hands into his pockets and walked behind them.

"You'll have to go in tomorrow and introduce yourself to everyone but otherwise, it's winter break for the students and you'll be able to relax."

030.gif

"Wake up, Taeyeon!" Kibum shouted. "I need to go to school and you'll be late for work if you don't wake up."

A wonderful smell was wafting from the kitchen and she could hear the sizzling of eggs and fried chicken.

"I won't be eating," Kris said. "Fried chicken isn't my style."

Kibum sighed and muttered quietly, "Nothing is your style. Go grab a salad from the fridge then."

The doorbell rung and Sunhwa went to open it. "Who are you?" she asked, looking at him. "Taeyeon, your boyfriend is here!"

He blushed and corrected her, "No, I'm not her boyfriend. She was supposed to drive me today." I'm not her boyfriend yet.

"Taeyeon! You have another passenger to take," Sunhwa yelled again. "Anyway, I have a meeting to get to, see you later."

"Ah, Baek. We're having breakfast, come join us."

"Yeah, come join us," Kris said, wrapping one of his arms around her waist, taunting Baekhyun.

Kris was waiting for a reaction but the other did not react, only glaring at him. "No thanks, I've already had breakfast."

"You'll have to wait for a bit then," she said, telling him to sit down.

As it was the first time he was inside the house, Baekhyun had to memorise everything. From the furnishings to the colour of the carpet. He truly was a stalker. Kris sat down beside him and began snickering.

030.gif

Eunji looked at the uniform that her uncle got for her. It didn't look too bad, she supposed. Eunji put it on and went to Chanyeol's car. Soon she was joined by her idiot brothers and finally Chanyeol himself.

"It's your first day, you're probably annoyed and excited at the same time. Have fun and don’t get in trouble," he said, driving them to the school.

"Wait, why isn't Baekhyun driving us? Doesn't he teach there?" V asked.

"He was busy this morning but you'll see him later. Here are your timetables and good luck."

 

"Thank you for joining us at Shinri High School, we are honoured to have you here. Since it's your first day, we're going to have to trial you in a class or two," the principal said to Kris. "I believe your first class will be in second period, here is your timetable. Good luck."

"I don’t need luck," Kris responded. "I have skill but thank you."

030.gif

"Art is merely an expression of your inner self," Kris said, lecturing his small class of high school students which involved a very annoyed Eunji.

Eunji was already sick of this nonsense lecture by the teacher which disturbed the peace deserved by the art room.

"Sir," she called out, standing up and almost knocking the easel over.

"Kris, Eunji. Kris," he answered, happily painting away.

"If art is an expression of your inner self, what is your painting supposed to express?"

"It is my inner peace and soul," Kris laughed happily.

"Yes, your soul is a deformed wolf who is struggling to free itself from the binds of the so called 'art'."

"So you must be the niece of a Baekhyun," he sighed. "Sassy, stubborn and stupid. Not to mention unappreciative of true art."

"True art isn't shown through messy scribbles on a page, sir. My work is art, unlike what you can draw? Is that even what you call that? Drawing?."

"Well, unlike you, I can draw up a sheet of paper which grants you permission to go to detention after school. Take that, motherers," he cursed in English to the class and laughed maniacally. He laughed before dropping the sheet in front of her stunned face and walking back to his masterpiece.

 

 

"Unbelievable, you managed to get a detention on your first day. Even I haven't done that yet," Daehyun laughed as he walked past her. "Have fun in detention."

"Just wait and see," she muttered, taking a seat in the room filled with other unlucky people. Eunji tried to drown out the noise around her but was unsuccessful as a person began to talk to her, disturbing the bubble of peace and serenity that she had created.

"So Eunji, did you get caught on your first day already?" the person asked, sitting down in the seat beside her.

"Yeah, it . I didn't even do anything wrong," Eunji complained.

"Well then what did you do?"

"I pissed off the new art teacher," she sighed, banging her head on the desk.

"I've heard a lot about him already. He's very proud of his work."

"Yeah, I know that from experience. That's how I ended up here." She sighed again and wished she could be back home. "What are you doing here then?"

"Oh, I'm just supervising in place for Miss Taeyeon who had to leave. Ah, I forgot to introduce myself earlier. I'm the president of our class this year. I was also late this morning so you didn't have a chance to meet me earlier."

"Oh, sorry. I haven't talked to any of the girls here yet so that's probably why I don't know you," she apologised, slumping back down on her desk.

"And you still haven't because I'm a guy. Choi Minki, otherwise known as Ren," he laughed.

Eunji looked up at him while he continued to laugh awkwardly. She stared at him, carefully analysing his face and then asked, "If you're a guy then why are you so pretty?"

030.gif

 NONSENSE RAMBLING: 

Dear strangers o.O,

YAY ANOTHER UPDATE!

I'm shocked. We have 60+ subscribers and 14 upvotes. I never imagined that we'd get that much of a good response. T_T I love you. When we reach episode 5, we'll do something special since the plot has progressed to a point where it can be just plain comedy. The reason this episode might not have been that great was because we needed to progress the plot a little more.

Until then, bye XD

Oh and I made a totally awesome stage name if I were to ever have one XD Sadly, telling you means telling you my awesome idea. and my name. I would prefer to stay anon for a little longer XD

Hello my subbies, readers and eveyone else, 

How is everyone doing? Everyone ahving a good time? Enjoying the story so far? Well if you said yes to every question that YIPEE!! I have nothing to do these day except watch dramas, variety shows, play Elsword and that's really it. I'm BORED OUT OF MY MIND!! Ok enough of my problems. Happy with the chapter? Its getting good right? I bet you guys are thinking "AISH! WHY SO LONG?!" If you are, well then that's bogoshipda's fault, not mine. I hope you're anticipating the story and excited for the next chapter! Love all of you guys ^^. Subscribe, Upvote, Read and yer. 

<3, youre's truly, genSHINee