rich people problems.

Survival Guide 101: Living With Money-less Idiots

rich people problems.

 

rich people problems.

030.gif

Episode recap.

Joonmyeon has just found out that his account has been completely wiped of money, leaving him Joonmoney-less. Chased by debt collectors, he struggles to pick up his family members before it's too late. In the chaos, he manages to pick up the wrong car which broke down when they needed it most and in consequence, they have to sleep on the side of the road.

030.gif

That same day.

 

"Taeyeon, where are my shoes?!" Sunhwa yelled at a wall.

"In your shoe closet!" Taeyeon yelled back. "Where else would they be!"

"They aren't there!" she cried.

Every morning begun the same way for Taeyeon. It always started with Sunhwa searching for clothes that she would probably only wear once. In the end, they were always were they were supposed to be.

"Check the closet in the hallway! I saw at least 10,000 more shoes in there!" Kibum shouted out.

Taeyeon was always afraid to open that closet. She was afraid of the amount of shoes and bags that might fall out on her head if she dared to try. However she could not complain. It was Sunhwa's house and even though they were best friends, doing anything about her clothes would bring the devil out of her.

The phone rang loudly and Taeyeon reached to answer it.

"Hello? Kim Taeyeon here."

"I sent something in the mail a few days ago. You should receive it soon," Leeteuk said.

"What is it?" Taeyeon asked.

"You'll see," he answered and hung up.

Taeyeon felt her heart pound. She always felt nervous whenever he talked to her, which was very often.

030.gif

"We have a teacher coming in from overseas next week. It will be one of your jobs to locate a space for him to occupy while he is here," the Boss said. "Here are his forms and the money supplied for his apartment. When I get back, I expect someone to have volunteered for the job."

He handed all the paperwork to a staff member and walked out of the room. They peered through all the work needed to be done and each passed it on, refusing the job offered before them. It kept moving along the line until it reached the end, to Kim Taeyeon.

"Looks like you'll be the one taking care of this," one of the staff members said and they all left her standing.

"Good job, Taeyeon. The teacher's name is Kris Wu and he'll be staying in Busan with us for the next few years. He'll pay his own apartment but requires us to find one for him before he arrives in two weeks. I expect this to be handled smoothly with no problems," the Boss said, handing her the rest of the documents.

She stood there open-mouthed, gaping at the situation which passed  right in front of her.

"Don't just stand there," Leeteuk laughed at her, tapping her nose and walked towards the music room.

Taeyeon stood there and blushed for a moment.

"What are you standing there for?" Baekhyun said, walking in front of her. He waved his arms in front of her eyes until her attention was directed towards him.

"I was just-"

"Come on, you have a class to teach," he smiled, walking to his class.

030.gif

"Noona, do you have your phone? Mine's dead," Taehyung whined. His brain was dying from boredom and he needed something to occupy himself with.

"Yes, I do," Hyerim answered.

"Great, give it to me." He jumped up instantly, excited by the prospect of having something to update his life with again.

"I said I had my phone, not that I'd give it to you." She had the biggest smirk on her face from seeing her brother suffer.

"Don't be so mean. Let your adorable, little brother use it, please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?" Taehyung was really starting to get agitated, but Hyerim just stayed straight-faced and did nothing. 

"No," she responded coolly.

"Please!" he screamed. "My brain cells are going to disintegrate and melt down into pure nothingness and I will be incapable of producing any more of my amazing blog posts, statuses, tweets and v-logs! The pure horror! And it will be entirely your fault!" he cried, breaking down into a curled up ball.

"Wow, you used big words. Congratulations, would you like a medal? What about a trophy?" Hyerim asked. In all honesty, she was genuinely surprised that he actually had these words in his vocabulary or more surprisingly, his brain.

Getting frustrated, Taehyung turned to Daehyun. "Can I use-"

"No."

"Why not."

"No."

"Hyung-"

"No."

"Why not?! Just let me use the ing phone you-"

"Taehyung! Show some respect to your siblings and stop swearing. Jesus Christ, you're driving me insane!" Joonmyeon yelled. Sunyoung just ignored the imminent world war and kept her eyes closed. 

"But they’re not letting me borrow it, dad!" Taehyung yelled, frustrated by his siblings' generosity.

"Can you please just shut up. You're bloody addicted to those things and it's starting to piss me off! We're not letting you use our phones, now be quiet!" Hyerim

"You bi-" Taehyung cursed.

"What were you just about to call me?!" Hyerim interrupted, glaring at him threateningly.

"Can you just both shut up?!" Daehyun vented.

"Can you just mind your own business?!"

"Can all of you just be quiet for at least 10 minutes so that I can get some shut eye?!" Joonmyeon shouted. He had had enough of this nonsense and was just about to go deaf from this madness.

The unnecessary argument continued along with the cursing at each other and defensive remarks until it was discovered that Sunyoung was no longer seated in the car.

 

"Wait!" Hyerim shouted as loud as she could, temporarily stopping the argument. "Where's mum?"

Wide-eyed, they stared at the place she was seen last. They all looked outside to see Sunyoung lying in front of the car with her back to them covered with Joonmyeon's jacket.

"Is she dead?" Daehyun asked.

"Let's find out." Joonmyeon beeped the horn but got no reaction from the lying body. He did it again and again with a series of different patterns but still got no reaction. 

Joonmyeon jumped out of the car, panicking, and ran to Sunyoung and started to breathe normally when he saw what she was doing. She had her headphones in, listening to music from her phone. Joonmyeon then kissed her on the cheek, and stood up and walked to the van. 

"Is mum okay?" Hyerim asked worriedly. 

"She's fine, just leave her," Joonmyeon laughed. 

"What? Leave her outside? In the dark? Alone?" Taehyung worried. 

"Yeah. It's okay. She's happier out there than in here. I think I would be too."

030.gif

The light shone brightly through the windows and hit Joonmyeon in the face. The birds squawked and cawed at each other outside and Joonmyeon reached out to turn his alarm off, slapping someone in the face. The realization dawned upon him as he opened weary eyes and surveyed his surroundings.

"Please be just a dream. This is just a dream. Only a dream. D. R. E. A. M," he spelled out, blinking furiously.

Joonmyeon shifted his position in the stuffy van which was filled with 5 people. It wasn't a great place to be in so he stepped outside for a breath of fresh air. He closed his eyes and walked around blindly, mumbling to himself and hoping for a better reality. "This world does not exist. In a minute, I will wake up in bed with my soft pillows and goose down quilts."

"Ahjussi, what are you doing?" a little kid asked.

"Unbelievable. I'm seeing an angel aren't I?" Joonmyeon could see the little angel wings behind him and the halo floating above his head.

"Ahjussi, my mum said that people shouldn't walk around with their eyes closed or they'll end up falling over."

"It's not safe for little kids but for adults it's perfectly safe t-aish !" he cursed as he tripped over his own feet.

"Mum, that ahjussi is muttering weird things," the little kid yelled to his mum who was talking to  her friends a few metres away. So much for calling him an angel.

"Keep away from strange people, Yoogeunnie. It's not safe to speak to people like that," she yelled back, signalling him to come back.

"Yes, mum," he answered cheerfully, running back to his mum.

When the kid left, Joonmyeon sighed. "This is my reality and it's turning out to be a crappy one."

He grabbed what money he had left, which didn't seem like much, and woke everyone up to get breakfast.

030.gif

"Dad, what the hell is this?" Hyerim asked as she glared at the burger that had been set before her.

"Breakfast, now eat it," Joonmyeon answered, carefully counting the wads of money he had left.

So accustomed was their family to a large king sized breakfast, a simple burger would not do for anyone but Joonmyeon had limited money and didn’t want to spend his future on food. A burger could also compensate for the fact that breakfast was almost over and it was closer to lunch time.

"I have enough money to last me the rest of my life. Unless I buy something so I'm just going to use it as sparingly as possible," he announced, waving his money in the air. Money was the true jewels of the world. Money was the solution to every single problem provided you had provided you had enough.

 

"Dad, can I use your phone?" Taehyung asked, blankly fiddling with his thumbs.

"Didn’t we just go through this yesterday?" Joonmyeon answered.

"Yes, but I still want to use it."

"Do you want my honest answer?"

"Please," Taehyung begged.

"No."

"Dad! I can think of the perfect post for Tumblr right now, I just don't have anything to post it on! I want my notes! The glorious notes!"

"Then use a post-it note and post it on the wall." Joonmyeon offered him a stack of brightly coloured sticky notes.

"Dad!" he cried, rejecting it and throwing it away.

"That was my money you just threw away."

"It's a pointless stack of notes that you can buy again and again!"

"Exactly. Where would you get the money to do that though?" Joonmyeon questioned.

"Dad," Daehyun interrupted, talking with his mouth full of food. "Can you get me a slice of that cheesecake?" He asked, pointing at the cake display.

"No."

"Dad, this lettuce isn't fresh!"

"I can’t help you with that. Just throw it away."

"Dad, I'm bored," Taehyung cried.

"Listen, when I was your age, I didn't have all these smartphones, internet and such."

"Then what the hell did you do? How can you live without the glory of technology and the internet?!"

"I read and studied."

"Dad!"

"What the hell do you want now?!" Joonmyeon shouted, frustrated by the fact that his name was being continuously called over and over.

However, his loud outburst brought the attention of everyone in the room to him. In the corner, the same kid he saw before started crying. Joonmyeon sat down, embarrassed and Sunyoung shook her head.

"Unbelievable, you have no patience at all," she muttered.

030.gif

"Hyung, I want my phone back," Taehyung complained.

"Aren't you holding it?" Daehyun asked.

"Yeah but I want my Samsung and my Blackberry. I can't live with just my iPhone," he whined.

"Where is it then?"

"Back at school. The teacher took it from me yesterday."

"My motorbike is still back at school too," Daehyun sighed.

"Want to go on a heist?"

"If you're planning on breaking into the school, take me with you. I need to get all my craft supplies," Hyerim interrupted.

"But you don't even go to the same school as us!" yelled Taehyung.

"So what? We can just drive the van there."

"But can any of you drive?" Daehyun asked.

 

"So dad, I need you to drop us off here and then drive to Hyerim's school got it? We'll meet back at where mum is waiting for us all."

"I got it, just sit your down."

Joonmyeon immediately began driving at a speed which probably wasn't legal and dropped the two brothers at the front gates, visible to everyone.

"How are we going to get past this fence?" Taehyung asked Daehyun w. As the younger brother, it was only right that the older one handled the situation.

"We'll run past it," he answered. "Now go!"

The two brothers sprinted into the school and went to their different directions.

Taehyung ran directly through to the staff room, where all his technology was being held away from him. From his two phones to the confiscated gaming laptop, they were all waiting for him inside a locked cabinet. He looked around, careful of any passing teachers and snuck into the room. He crawled along the floor and did ninja rolls behind the desks and trash cans.

Passing his scary language teacher, Taehyung did a forward roll and pulled a derp face at her before hiding behind a desk. He shuffled towards the cabinet which was right in front of him. Taehyung looked left and right and left again just to make sure the coast was clear. Confirming his safety, crawled forward and hugged the cabinet. He tried to open it but there was no key to be found. With no other choice, holding on to the metal object, he rolled the cabinet out while screaming a victorious battle cry.

Daehyun ran to the school car park where his red, shiny motorcycle was waiting for him.

He ran his hand over the glossy paint and felt the leather seats. He missed the feeling of riding on the wind even though it was only gone for a day. Daehyun could not bear to live without the precious lady in his life.

His peace and enjoyment, however, was short lived as Taehyung came charging out of the staff room with an angry language teacher chasing after him in the distance.

"What the hell, Taehyung!" Daehyun shouted out.

"I can't help it, hyung! All of my treasures are in here!" Taehyung whined, strapping the cabinet to the back of the motorcycle.

"How the hell do you think we can take this with us?!" Daehyun yelled as the younger sat behind him, urging him to leave quickly.

"Just go now!"

 

"Do you think that those two idiots are doing alright?" Hyerim asked, cleaning the dirt from underneath her nails.

"Your brothers will be fine," Joonmyeon answered. "After all, two heads are better than one."

"Not when those two heads belong to the biggest idiots of the century," she muttered.

 

"Faster!" Taehyung yelled. "We need to get away from that maniac!"

"Dude, it's your fault we're here in the first place! When you said you needed to get something, I thought you said your phone not an entire store!"

The two speed away, arguing, while being chased by a crazy literature teacher.

"How will we lose her?!" Taehyung shouted.

"Throw away your junk!" Daehyun yelled back.

"No way in hell am I doing that!"

030.gif

"We need to find a place to stay or else we'll freeze or starve to death," Hyerim announced, rubbing her hands to keep herself warm.

They were all pushing the van to the nearest gas station, which just happened to be over five kilometres away. For a car, it might not seem like much but when you have people pushing the car, it was an entirely different experience.

"I'm not one of those frogs that have adaptations to freeze in winter," Taehyung agreed.

"What about grandma's house?" Hyerim said, hoping for a hot bowl of ramyun.

"No, she hates me," Joonmyeon said. "She thinks I'm pathetic and too soft to handle my own business."

"I agree with her."

"That option is crossed out then. What about our summer house?"

"It's almost winter and a summer house won't have the things we need. Plus the debt collectors will find the address."

"Debt collectors! I think it's about time you explained this entire situation to us, Kim Joonmyeon!" Sunyoung shouted, frustrated with the state of things. He sighed in response, signalling for everyone to sit down and confessed.

"I have been robbed of all my assets. One of my friends, Cho Kyuhyun, has taken all the money from my account leaving me in serious debt. All our belongings have been taken and now I have debt collectors chasing after me."

"I told you he wasn't a trustworthy person," Sunyoung sighed, slapping him extra hard. Joonmyeon winced in pain and clutched his arm.

"What about uncle Baekhyun and Chanyeol? Can’t we stay with him until we find somewhere else?" Hyerim suggested.

"They'll have internet, right?" Taehyung asked. "I mean, who doesn't?"

"Then let's go,"  Joonmyeon agreed.

"You can't just go to my brothers' house unannounced!" Sunyoung complained.

"It's big enough! Where do they live?"

"Busan," Sunyoung answered.

"Busan!" Joonmyeon asked. "That'll take around six or more hours!"

"Shotgun!" Taehyung called out, dashing towards the car.

Sunyoung sighed and off they set out on a road trip to Busan.

030.gif

"You're holding the map upside down," Hyerim pointed out to Taehyung.

"It makes more sense this way," he said, scanning it carefully. "It says on this map that we are heading the wrong way-"

"Are you kidding me?"

"No wait, that's just because I'm reading it upside down. In a few kilometres there should be a petrol station."

"Alright, who needs to go to the bathroom?" When no voices were being shouted, he asked again. "Are you sure because I'm not driving back here if you need to go."

No one said anything so Joonmyeon drove passed it peacefully. Only five minutes had passed when Taehyung called out, "Dad, I need to go to the bathroom."

"Why didn't you go when I asked you to!" he shouted angrily.

"I didn't need to go then!"

Giving in to his child's wishes, he turned around sharply and drove back to the petrel station.

"I really am not driving back here again. Go to the toilet now if you need to."

Taehyung rushed outside and ran towards the bathrooms and Joonmyeon filled up the tank. Sunyoung and Hyerim went inside the shop and bought snacks for the long journey ahead.

 

"I feel like I should go now or else I'll need to later," Daehyun muttered to himself as he sat alone inside the car. "Yeah, I'll go now."

Daehyun ran quickly to the toilets without anyone seeing him while the rest of the family got back inside the car.

"Are we all inside?" Joonmyeon asked, not bothering to check behind him. A chorus of yeses were thrown back at him and the car drove off.

 

"This place stinks," Daehyun muttered, trying not to inhale the stench. He quickly went outside and found that the car was no longer parked where he saw it last.

"Excuse me," he asked one of the workers there. "Was a black van here just now?"

"Yeah, it just drove off." The man went back to his work and Daehyun just stared in front of him.

"Well ."

 

"Don't you feel like we're forgetting something?"

"Nope."

"Joonmyeon, slow down, the police are right there," Sunyoung said, trying to get Joonmyeon back under the spped limit.

"Well if it's the police, shouldn't we drive faster to avoid getting caught?" Hyerim asked, crunching on corn chips. Crumbs were being dropped all over the floor and Joonmyeon was just glad that it wasn't his car that was being destroyed.

"Excuse me sir," the policeman asked, pulling them over. "May I please see your license."

Joonmyeon reluctantly turned over his license to the police and waited for a response.

"Where are you headed, Joonmyeon?" the officer asked.

"To Busan."

"Did you forget something back in Seoul?"

"None that I can think of, sir." Joonmyeon looked into the back seat of his car and looked over all his belongings. There was Taehyung's electronics, all stuffed inside a large cabinet, Hyerim's black market kit and Daehyun's motorbike. Everyone was here and accounted for, except Daehyun.

"Well ," he exclaimed.

The officer only laughed as Joonmyeon turned the machine around and drove back to where Daehyun was waiting.

030.gif

"Is everyone now safely inside the vehicle."

Everyone mumbled a yes in response and Joonmyeon continued his speech.

"Remember to keep all hands and feet inside the vehicle and remain seated at all times." As soon as he finished, the car door fell off and dust flew everywhere in the air.

"Nice going," Daehyun said, as he leaned back and closed his eyes. He was still angry about the previous incident and was now giving them the silent treatment.

 

"Dad, I'm bored," Taehyung complained.

"Again with this 'I'm bored'! Didn't you just fetch an entire store's worth of electronic goods? How are you bored?" Joonmyeon shouted.

"None of them have battery and the ones that do need an internet connection!" Taehyung whined.

"Just sing along to the radio or something!" Joonmyeon yelled in frustration. He the radio and immediately, music began playing. However, he didn't know that things would get even worse.
 

"Careless, careless. Shoot anonymous, anonymous," Taehyun began shouting out in his loudest voice. He was soon followed by Hyerim who joined in at the next line. "Heartless, mindless. No one. who care about me?"

Suho immediately changed the radio station before more harm could befall his ears but it was too late now because the next station also had music for the soul.

"Shut up!" Daehyun complained, unable to stand the loud noise.

"I'm singing 1-4-3!"

"Which stands for I hate you!" Daehyun yelled.

"I'm a bad man."

"A bad man for making me deaf," Daehyun muttered, blocking his ears and trying to drift off to sleep.

"Let’s go! DOOM DA DA DIVI DA DA

DOOM DA DA DIVI DA DA

DOOM DA DA DIVI DA DA DOOM."

"You can go away from my life."

"Ringa-linga-ring Ringa-linga-ring."

"And there's my alarm signalling for me to sleep."

"Everybody, wake up. Wake up!" Taehyung and Hyerim shouted together. With every station change, they still managed to sing along to the song.

"Seulpeohajima no no no honjaga anya no no no!"

By now, Daehyun had had enough of the chaos and disappeared into his thoughts while Joonmyeon played the last song.

"This is my Coup D'etat," Joonmyeon said, as the music reflected his feelings and turned the ruckus off.

"Before we get there, we need to change our names," Joonmyeon suggested.

"And why do we need to do that?" Sunyoung asked.

"Well if we want to avoid being found by our debt collectors then I suggest we should change them," Joonmyeon answered.

"What would we change them to them?" Sunyoung asked again. "Taehyung, what do you want to be called?"

He paused for a minute before giving an answer. "I think I want to be called V."

"Really, Taehyung? V?" Hyerim butted in. "Is that honestly the best name you can think of at the moment?"

"Well it's probably better than what you can think of," he responded, sticking his tongue out.

"Eunji."

"What?"

"I want to be called Eunji. It means 'pretty successful in life'  and that's what I will be when I'm older," she answered.

"Fine then, what about you, hyung?" Taehyung said, poking at Daehyun's face. However, the brother didn't respond and just continued sleeping. "Hyung, aren't you going to change your name?" Again there was no answer so everyone assumed that Daehyun was just not interested.

"Honey, what are you changing your name to then?" Sunyoung asked Joonmyeon.

"I was thinking something along the lines of Suho."

"Suho?"

"Yeah. Then I can introduce myself like: Yo yo what's up. My name is Suho!" Everyone cringed at the awkwardness of it but nobody said a word.

"Then I'll be Luna," Sunyoung said.

"Luna Park. That sounds like a theme park," Joonmyeon laughed.

"That's why it's Park Luna and not the other way around," Sunyoung stated. "Darling, are you sure you're not changing your name," she asked Daehyun but he didn't answer.

"He doesn't want to, honey," Joonmyeon said.

030.gif

"Dad, we’ve been in this rundown van for almost five hours. I am hungry," Hyerim wailed. "Give me food!"

At the sound of the word food, Daehyun sat up and began pulling food out of his pockets.

"Oppa, you have food? Give me some!" she said, snatching it from him.

"Give it back!" he yelled and in a second, World War III broke out.

"You kids have turned into animals! We're almost there!" Sunyoung yelled. "Eunji, stop it!"

"Eunji? Who's is Eunji?" Daehyun asked, stopping just enough for Hyerim to take the food away from him.

"Weren't you listening? About three hours ago, we all decided to change our names and you didn't want to."

"Who said I didn't want to!"

"Well it's too late now. I've already told Baekhyun to make everything official."

Hyerim stuck out her tongue at her brother and blew a raspberry which started the next war.

030.gif

Cast list updated with Yoogeun and new names.

From now on, cast will usually be referred with by Suho, Luna, Daehyun, Eunji and V.

 NONSENSE RAMBLING: 

Dear strangers o.O,

I have found my writing style. Sophisticated while mocking XD Read the narrated parts in one of those sophisticated British accents but in a mocking sort've way and you'll get what I mean.

And my dear co-author actually wrote something for this episode. tsk. tsk. And truthfully, this was supposed to be even longer. I'm sorry for trying to feed you more than 4000 words but that explains why updates take so long...

Just realized we don't have a poster yet... I was supposed to do that right?

Thank you everyone for your dazzling support :D All of your comments and upvotes have brightened our day up especially since it's currently raining and we're in the middle of summer. Because we feel happy, on episode 5, we will... what can we do?

By the way, the recommended story is genSHINee's so if there's anything inappropriate, *ehem * then don't talk to me. I didn't read that story.

Dear you,

lol I updated this without my co-author... sorry XD and we have an a/n now XD

Thank you for reading our story. We honestly didn't think, or at least I didn't think, that we would get 11 upvotes. We appreciate the upvotes soooo much. It's an honour to know that you guys like our story. Apart from that. DID U HEAR ABOUT SUGA?! Like OMFG! I hope he gets better soon. And is anyone watching EXO's showtime? Isn't it so AMAZING?! Ok I'm rambling now but seriously thank you guys. Please continue to support our story. Subscribe and upvote and read the Chanyeol fic. You don't have to read the . Jut read the story. It's really good. I would do a gif spam but my co-author doesn't want me too. So yeah, enjoy! Yeah, don't bother gif spamming... the way I see it these chapters are long enough...

Love, genSHINee \(^o^)/

P.S sorry for the whopping 4000 words in this chapter. bogoshipda's fault not mine 
5000 shall be my our absolute limit. I promise. And if I break that promise, you may shout at me.

Oh btw our school has taken away our laptops... I still have another but I don't the she does. This won't really change anything though because I think we update like once a month anyway... I see why that happens though because look at how much we write...