halloween pt 3

Halloween Special

**warning for underage drinking from here on out**

 

it’s only getting to about 9pm and baekhyun is feeling a little overwhelmed at how many people are in his apartment at this point in time. he wants to say that for every person he knows, there’s at least three he doesn’t. he’s muttering something about private settings on facebook events while stacking used red cups and throwing them in a huge trash bag he set up in his kitchen, which baekhyun would say is exceeding maximum occupancy. jongdae notices baekhyun in the kitchen at the corner of her eye. she excuses herself from the girls she was making small talk with.

“hey. baek.” she leans against the wall and baekhyun looks up from attempting to lamely set the bag against the fridge.

“what are you doing?” she takes a sip from the cup she’s holding, all the while looking at baekhyun.

“i’m just trying to clean up a little bit to stay calm and not go off on everyone here because i’m pretty sure i haven’t talked to like 90% of the people here right now.”

jongdae blinks and then holds her drink out. “here, take this.” baekhyun does. she then grips onto his shoulders and starts to rub up and down on his biceps to help him relax. she knows it does.

“hey. take it easy, okay? this is your party. you need to enjoy it already.”

“where’s yixing?”

jongdae shrugs. “talking with his friends. it’s weird how people  you know mutually knows other people you know. anyways, you say you don’t know someone. well, introduce yourself already.”

baekhyun sighs. “yeah, jongdae. i get it but--”

“no. here, follow me.” jongdae pulls baekhyun by the arm towards the group of girls she was with earlier.

“hey, this is baekhyun. he’s the host of this party.” jongdae smiles down at the girls and avoids looking at baekhyun.

“but jongdae, the trash--”

“i’ll take care of it.” she side whispers to him then pushes baekhyun down by the shoulders to sit him on the couch next to the girls.

baekhyun is going to protest but gives up and settles quickly into conversation about his costume and how he did his own makeup.

 

jongdae smirks at her success and walks back into the kitchen. she takes one look at the trash bag and then opts to look for chanyeol instead. it wasn’t that hard. she just found the crowd of people and maneuvered her way around. chanyeol elected himself as bartender for the night. he’s standing behind a table that’s littered with bottles of different sizes and color. he looks like an official bartender except he’s wearing a mask.

jongdae stands next to him and nudges his shoulder. just a little, since he was handling a drink at the moment. he glances at the side quickly before focusing back on mixing the vodka cocktail and lemonade.

“hey kitty.” jongdae assumes he’s addressing her because she’s sure it’s not to the zombie he’s passing the drink to.

“chanyeol, what are you doing? and what are you supposed to be?” jongdae holds a bottle by its neck at an angle with her thumb and forefinger to read its name.

“making drinks and i’m tuxedo mask, duh. you want one?”

“wow, i’m not even of age yet and you’re willing to make me a drink?”

“really jongdae? we’ve been doing this since last summer.”

“okay... i want this.” jongdae points to the bottle she was holding earlier.

“what do you want with it? i got lemonade, juice, soda...”

“nothing.”

“that’s vodka, jongdae. you want a shot then?”

“take one with me.” jongdae finds two empty shot glasses on the table and holds them up. chanyeol laughs and nods. he takes the glasses from her hands and sets them down, filling them up with the ciroc. he hands her the glass.

“happy halloween jongdae.” chanyeol lifts his glass to clink with hers but before it hits, she moves hers away.

“wait! we need to take one with baek! it’s his freaken party!” jongdae holds a finger to tell chanyeol to wait. she leaves his side to get baekhyun. she sees that he’s still talking animatedly with the girls.

“sorry, i’ll bring him back real quick.” jongdae grins at the girls and grabs baekhyun’s arm.

“w-what, jongdae!” baekhyun lets himself get pulled away.

“we’re taking shots. you, me, and chanyeol.” jongdae brings him to the “bartending table.”

baekhyun laughs at chanyeol as he passes another drink to a girl dressed as a mime.

“chanyeol, have you been making drinks for everyone?” baekhyun asks.

“yeah, man. i’ve been experimenting and they love it!”

“everyone’s gonna get wasted and it’s gonna be your fault.” baekhyun jokes.

chanyeol shrugs. “well, if it gets that bad, at least they won’t remember that it was me who ed them up!”

“okay, okay! shot time!” jongdae had already poured baekhyun’s glass.

“what is it?” baekhyun smells it curiously.

“ciroc peach. okay, cheers!” jongdae holds her drink in the middle.

“cheers~” the other two shout as the trio clink their glasses and toss the alcohol back down their throats.

chanyeol ‘woots’ in glee and takes a few gulps of juice before going back to making drinks. baekhyun smacks his lips and grimaces at the slight burn he feels in his throat. jongdae shouts happily before setting her glass down. “i need a smirnoff or a cooler or something.”

 

-

 

“minseok, this is yixing.” luhan smiles between her two friends. they’re standing against a corner in the living room yixing greets minseok politely back while minseok tries to do the same. minseok is a man and to be frank, he feels a little threatened by this yixing. apparently, him and luhan are really close and well, that doesn’t sit too well with minseok.

“nice to meet you. luhan has told me a lot about you.” minseok forgets to internally complain that this guy has a dimple to go with his smile because luhan talks about him a lot?? what?

luhan glares at yixing and hits him on the arm, earning a mock ‘ow’ from yixing. minseok just watches calmly.

“anyways, yixing,” luhan grits out. “how do you know baekhyun?”

“i met him through jongdae, this second year i tutor.”

both luhan and minseok nod.

“i met baekhyun because i tutored him! what a funny coincidence.” luhan laughs and looks at minseok, who doesn’t seem to understand why that’s funny. like, at all.

luhan laughs but it comes off more like an awkward-i’m-trying-here laugh. she clears and leans back against the wall to text sehun. yixing bobs his head to the music and minseok looks down into his half empty cup.

 

-

 

“oh, sehun. your phone. i think you got a text.” kyungsoo hands sehun her phone. she was only holding it because sehun had to fix her bunny ears and her hair.

“thanks... oh, it’s just luhan.”

“what’d she say?” kyungsoo asks. they’re all following sehun as she navigates them through the apartment complexes.

“just asking where we are.”

“where is this guy’s place?” jongin asks loudly in a complaining tone.

“we’re here already. calm down.” sehun turns a corner and there’s the door. the lights are on as they can see through the blind-covered window and there’s a hum of people talking and laughing muffled by the walls. the entrance is decorated with a few spider webs and light up plastic pumpkins.

sehun knocks on the door a few times. she’s in the middle of texting luhan to open the door for them when it swings open and the hum of noise from before is multiplied by ten.

“hello.” a girl dressed as a kitty greets sehun, glancing up and down at her bunny costume. “nice costume.”

“hi, uh, thanks. you too... um, is this byun baekhyun’s apartment?”

“yeah. and, who.. are you guys?” jongdae peers to the side of sehun to see three others and one of them looks familiar...

“wait, do kyungsoo?”

kyungsoo perks up at the call of her name. “yes?” she goes to stand beside sehun.

“oh, jongdae!”

“hey!”

sehun watches the exchange between the two who obviously seem to know each other.

“what are you doing here?” jongdae asks. she’s speaking to kyungsoo but looks at both her and sehun.

“uh,” kyungsoo turns to look at her friends then back to jongdae. “we heard about this party and yeah, we wanted to come.”

“oh, sure, sure. come in already then.” jongdae stands back as the four file in. jongdae greets them each before shutting the door.

“woah, there’s a lot of people here.” jongin comments while tao looks around excitedly.

“so, are you guys all kyungsoo’s friends?” jongdae asks, gesturing a circle with her finger.

“yeah, they are.” kyungsoo answers.

“oh, all first years then! okay, well. help yourselves to food and snacks in the kitchen. chanyeol can help you out if you guys start feeling thirsty, if you know what i mean.” she laughs and holds a hand to her face.

“i think your friend might be a bit tipsy already.” jongin says lowly in kyungsoo’s ear.

“okay, i’m going to find luhan. tao, come with me.” sehun commands and gets lost in the crowd of the party.

jongin frowns as he watches them go. well, at least, he still has kyungsoo... he looks back and nope, she’s gone too. he turns his head and sees a pair of bunny ears following behind a pair of cat ears.

“kyungsoo, have you tried alcohol before?”

“uh, no. not yet.” she answers shyly.

“aw, you’re so cute. i’m going to introduce you to my friend. he’ll make you something good.”

“o-okay.” kyungsoo can only nod back as jongdae smiles at her.

 

“hey, park chanyeol. i want you to meet someone.” jongdae holds onto kyungsoo’s hand. chanyeol sways as he turns due to the few drinks he’s had by now.

“kyungsoo, this is chanyeol. my loser best friend that i’ve known for almost 6 years now. chanyeol, this is my friend, kyungsoo. she’s in my intro to film music class.” jongdae introduces the two.

kyungsoo has to look up because chanyeol is quite tall. a little taller than jongin, she would say. and come to think of it.. where is jongin. kyungsoo starts to turn her head but remembers that chanyeol is there.

chanyeol, in turn, has to look down to meet kyungsoo’s eyes. she’s so small and probably the cutest girl he’s seen so far tonight. even under the influence of alcohol, he can tell that much.

“nice to meet you, kyungsoo. i like your costume.”

“thank you. it’s nice to meet you too. i like your, uh, mask.” kyungsoo tries because she’s not sure who or what he is. that seems to be just enough because it causes chanyeol to grin.

“see? kyungsoo gets it!” he says accusingly to jongdae.

“whatever. can you make her a drink? this is her first one. so something fruity would be good. and nothing too strong. i want her to enjoy her first.” jongdae smiles at kyungsoo and pats both her shoulders.

“okay, got it.” chanyeol waits to catch kyungsoo’s eye and they share a smile.

 

jongin comes from behind jongdae, who gets startled a little by his appearance as he goes to stand in between her and kyungsoo.

“i’ll have the same too. if you don’t mind.” jongin says confidently as he places his hand around kyungsoo’s shoulder, unbreaking eye contact with chanyeol. kyungsoo glances at the hand then up at jongin then back at chanyeol, who looks between her and jongin.

“no problem.” chanyeol answers back smoothly.

-

 

a/n: yooooo, the party's underway and yeah! hope you guys liked this chapter! :D please tell me what you think~~

also nobody said anything yet, so i'll bring up the question again.. should i add to the story or not or like light R or something...?

okay, thanks for readingg!