wednesday

Halloween Special

kyungsoo takes a deep breath and starts walking towards the library. she pulls out her phone to text her mom that she’s just finished her first midterm and that it went pretty well. she checked the time on her phone and calculated that she had about 3 hours until her next midterm for her political science class. she already planned to utilize that time to go over the main ideas of the first five chapters (which was what the midterm was going to be on anyways).

she entered the library to see that most of the tables were occupied. darn midterms week and about 90% of the professors choosing to have exams on halloween day.

kyungsoo checked the floors with the study rooms; almost all of them were occupied. ‘maybe i should just go back to my dorm...’ she thought. but that would be another 15 minute walk and she already dedicated a good amount of time to wandering the library in search of a study spot. she was about to lose all hope when she spotted jongin walking the opposite direction as her. their eyes met at the exact same time.

“jongin.”

“kyungsoo!”

they said at the same time, jongin was a little louder, resulting in him being shushed at. he walked over to her and pulled her aside into the bookcase aisles.

“studying?” he judged from the binder and notebook in kyungsoo’s arms.

“hmm, more or less.” she shrugs and lets out a sigh.

“what’s wrong?” jongin notices kyungsoo’s slight pout.

“i was looking for a place to study. i have my next midterm at 2.”

“follow me.” jongin walks out from the bookcases and kyungsoo follows.

he leads her to a hallway of more study rooms.

“me and tao have a room. you can study with us, if you want.” he holds the door open for her with a shy smile.

kyungsoo grins brightly and nods fervently before walking inside.

“hi zitao.” she waves to jongin’s roommate.

“hey kyungsoo. you can call me tao by the way.” he waves back and goes back to looking at his computer screen.

kyungsoo makes a mental note of that before taking a seat and setting her stuff on the table.

jongin takes his seat, which is next to hers. his textbook on economics is open with sheets of paper tucked underneath.

“so, what’s your next midterm?” he casually asks, resting his elbows on the armrests and turning to her.

kyungsoo is too busy organizing her notes to face jongin. “it’s comparative poli sci.”

“ah. is that, uh, general ed?”

“yeah, basic requirement. i’m not too worried about it so i’m just gonna go over the main points of the chapters we’ve been lectured on so far.”

jongin nods, which kyungsoo doesn’t even see. he wants to keep talking with kyungsoo but she didn’t really ask him any questions, let alone what he’s even studying for. but he figures she is too preoccupied at that moment so he goes back to reading his own book and taking notes. zitao kicks jongin’s leg lightly under the table. jongin looks up to see zitao gesturing a flushing toilet with his hands. jongin mouths ‘shut up’ before focusing back on his notes.

 

-

 

“ooh! look at this one minseok!” luhan holds the ad and points to the scarecrow from the wizard of oz costume. minseok would gladly observe the complexity and uniqueness of the costume if he wasn’t focused on the road...

“yah! can’t you see i’m driving here!?” minseok breathes out aggressively to calm himself down.

“i just wanted you to look at it.” luhan mumbles quietly to herself while settling back in her seat.

minseok and luhan are in the car. it’s around 1pm and they’re driving out to the store to find some last-minute halloween costumes.

luhan turns up the stereo volume a little bit to ease the tension. after they pass a few lights in silence, luhan can’t take it anymore.

“so, how was your midterm?” luhan asks as she scrolls through her instagram feed.

minseok groans. “it could’ve gone better.”

“awww,” luhan powers off her phone and looks to minseok. “don’t say that. you studied so much for it!”

“yeah, but you know, sometimes it’s not enough.” she notices he intensifies his grip on the steering wheel. minseok has always been a modest guy, luhan knows it, but sometimes he gets to the point where he’s constantly putting himself down. he fails to see his potential most of the time so luhan is there to make sure that doesn’t happen.

“hey, minseok. look. it’s over. the past is the past. and from what i know, you’ve done pretty well in all of your classes since freshmen year. so don’t let this one midterm screw you over. it’s like, if we all just let midterms ruin our lives... well, we would all be leading really y lives. you get what i’m saying?”

they’re at a red light so minseok takes this chance to face luhan who has this really intense-yet-derpy-trying-to-be-philosophical face. he understands that she was trying to encourage him but all he can do is laugh at her facial expression. his laughter causes her to break into a smile, thinking she has successfully gotten through to minseok with her advice. minseok decides to let her have her moment.

“yeah, okay. thanks luhan.”

he feels a pat on his shoulder as he watches the light turn green.

“so, about our costumes.. i’m thinking disney.”

minseok groans while luhan rattles away a bunch of ideas.

 

-

 

baekhyun rushes inside his apartment door quickly (thank god the front door was unlocked already) only to grab at the bathroom knob and find that it’s locked. he looks underneath the door to see the light is on.

“chanyeol! are you in there? hurry up!” baekhyun shouts as he bangs on the door, bouncing on the pads of his feet. he just got off his five hour shift at the sushi bar and he didn’t get to use the bathroom during his break.

baekhyun hears the sound of flushing and then the faucet turning on.

“chanyeol,” baekhyun whines, hitting on the door again. “get out already.” he’s about to hit the door again when it opens, revealing a half-dressed (he’s shirtless) and sleepy chanyeol. baekhyun isn’t stranger to this and he pulls the giant by the arm to get him out of the way before shutting the door in his face.

chanyeol winces at the sudden loud noise but moves slowly and collapses onto his sheets as soon as his shins hit the foot of the bed.

he feels as if he’s only closed his eyes for less than 10 seconds before he feels something soft thrown at his and then a kick to his legs, they were dangling off the edge of the bed.

“put on a shirt, will you? did you just wake up?” baekhyun asks with an exasperated tone.

chanyeol turns on his side before getting up and slipping on the gray tee that baekhyun had thrown at him earlier. he nods his head as he slips his arms through the sleeves.

“jeez chanyeol. it’s like 3pm! who wakes up at 3pm!?”

“me. i have night classes this quarter remember? and i had to cover an early shift at the bookstore for some douche who called in sick this morning.”

“oh.” baekhyun feels a tad guilty now. “well, when’s your class tonight?”

“7. why?”

“remember, we’re having a party tomorrow night?”

chanyeol squints his eyes in thought. “oh, yeah. halloween party. yeah.”

“are you going to be free tomorrow night?”

“tomorrow night is my midterm but i should be done a little before 9.”

“that should be fine. it probably won’t start til around then, anyways.”

“cool. did you get all the stuff for it?”

“pretty much. jongdae helped me with that the other day.”

“what, you guys went shopping without me? i haven’t seen jongdae in forever.”

“i asked you and you said you were working. see, you’re always too busy. that’s your fault.”

“well, that’s what parties are for.” chanyeol smiles.

baekhyun grins back and nods.

“‘kay. i’ll make you some breakfast, i guess. since you just woke up.”

“aww, thanks baek!”

 

a/n: somewhat a filler chapter, because i just want to get to halloween already OTL

sorry i haven't been updating as quickly! freaken halloween was a freaken week ago oh well

hope you liked this one