Of A Plain Vow, Unplanned Marriage, and Conformation

Runaway Shadow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[CONTENTID1][/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Featuring Joo Eunyoung x Kim Seyong[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Of A Plain Vow, Unplanned Marriage, and Conformation[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

Ever heard about wedding tale that based on broken heart? Meet Kim Seyong and Joo Eunyoung—or now being Kim Eunyoung then.

The two broken heart people who already lost their sanity and made a sacred vow. The bride, Eunyoung, felt so frustrated toward her Haekyeon oppa who carelessly dumped her for another woman. The groom, Seyong, had no other hope for his forever one-sided love on Zinny.

They met, they shared, they drunk, they planned a plot.

A wedding.

Not for revenge, just for letting their disappointment in everything; their selves, their love life, their heart.

 

For them, made a vow had no worth-meaning anymore. It’s just plain vow.

*

At first Seyong is a bit surprise finding someone on his bed after him back from the office. His bed, his room. Who the hell dare to sneak into his room when he’s known for his strictness about his belonging?

But then he remembers the wedding that held almost a week ago. So now Joo Eunyoung wants him to share his bed? You wish, woman.

“Yah, back to your room!” Shaking her body, Seyong hisses meanly.

Eunyoung stirs in her sleep, refuses to awake.

“Yah, Joo Eunyoung!”

“My name is Kim Eunyoung now, Mister.” Eunyoung murmurs as opens her eyes lazily. She glares at her husband through her laying state.

Seyong snickers. “What are you doing here?” He walks toward his closet before throwing back a glare at her.

“Sleeping, duh.” Eunyoung rolls her eyes as pulling the blanket more to wrap herself.

After changing his attire to more proper sleeping shirt, Seyong comes back and still telling her to go.

“Don’t want.” Eunyoung pouted. “What if a random ghost appeared as I slept alone in my room?”

And Seyong knows obviously she’s lying. She is never a fan of mystery thingy after all.

“Get out. I’m not buying that, woman.” He says sternly.

“But, please, please.” Eunyoung stutters.

The way she acts so careless suddenly, Seyong can conclude that Haekyeon is the main reason his wife being like this. So he thinks that maybe just this night he can share his bed with someone.

“What happened?” Seyong’s voice gets softer as he gets on the bed and sits beside her.

Eunyoung doesn’t answer beside a murmur I’m just sleepy but Seyong can see better through her.

Because seconds later, she breaks into tears as he gently hugs her, comforting.

Yeah, just for this night maybe.

*

A month already passes and Eunyoung finds herself enjoying much her status now: Kim Eunyoung. Being Kim Seyong’s wife is not too hard.

He will eat whatever she cooks for him, as long as it’s edible. He will let her know if he’s late for home, so that she doesn’t have to wait for him. He will accompany her to buy groceries, help her cleaning the dishes and laundry whenever he gets spare time.

And he isn’t that strict anymore to let her stay in his room every night.

Eunyoung finds herself feeling so glad and blessed to have this marriage.

And she can smile a lot better now every time she meets Cha Hakyeon out of her plan.

*

“Oppa!” A second later Eunyoung blushes furiously once the ‘call’ slipped off . She is being too comfortable calling him oppa. Well, technically she has to since he is two years older and her husband now, but still.

But Seyong seems in his dream land, doesn’t notice the tint of red on his wife’s cheeks. Seyong is home early today, without informing Eunyoung first and he already sitting blankly on the couch.

“Why so early?” Eunyoung asks as walking to the kitchen and making him coffee. Then she’s back and places a cup of coffee in front of him, but he still engrosses on his mind.

“Hey,” Eunyoung says softly.

Her calling and the scent of the coffee she made bringing him back to the reality.

“Huh, what?” He asks back, puzzled. “Oh, I’m early because company holding a party tonight. Everyone expected to attend, so the boss gave us time to prepare.”

Eunyoung raises her eyebrows. “Party? Tonight?”

Seyong’s hand puts the cup and brings it to his mouth. He inhales the aroma first before takes a gulp. Hot. But delicious as always. He places back the cup and turned his head to face his wife.

“It’s okay, I don’t have to come.”

“But you said your boss ordered everyone to attend, right? You should come.”

Seyong sighs, as lowering his head.

“I can’t come, nuna will be there too.”

Nuna. Zinny. His forever first love. It stings Eunyoung to see Seyong in this kind of state. Why some people have a hard time to move on?

“You should come.” Eunyoung decides. “You have helped me to pass over Hakyeon oppa, now it’s time for me to return the kindness.” She declares proudly, her hands clap together.

Seyong looks at her in stun. “How?”

“By coming with me, your wife.” She smirks. “And show her that you can still be happy without her.”

*

Business party is never on Eunyoung’s favorite parties list, because instead of enjoying the night, we have to act so sly and full of fake to get what company wants. That is her theory. It seems different in Seyong’s point of view, where he just acts based on what he feels.

Like now, he seems so lost and nervous. Even when Gunwoo—the chief in his division greeted him last time, Seyong didn’t even bother to smile. His stiffness and nervousness are easily to be seen by Eunyoung. Living under one roof with him for a month is enough for her to know her husband well.

“Hey newlywed!” Insoo—Seyong’s closest hyung in the company greets them along with his girlfriend, Jisoo.

Eunyoung bows respectfully while Seyong just smiles a bit.

“Man, why are you so nervous? You have your wife right beside you.” Joking around, Insoo slaps Seyong’s shoulder lightly.

Seyong scoffs, but he does glance at his wife. Eunyoung laughs prettily with Jisoo, talking something only women understand. And he can’t deny that his wife is so attractive on her cream dress.

He is in the mid of praising his wife’s feature when suddenly a glimpse of someone catches his attention. Nuna! And she doesn’t seem alright!

“I’m going first. See you around hyung!” Seyong says goodbye and walks away, even not turn around to tell Eunyoung.

“Eh? But Eunyoungie,”

“It’s okay oppa.” Eunyoung cuts him off. “He has something important to do.”

“Yeah, you can join us then, Eunyoung-ah. I think last time I saw Kyungri over there.” Jisoo beams, her index finger points at around pudding table.

Eunyoung nods as smiling softly and follows the Soo couple, but her eyes never take off from her husband shadow. She has to make sure she can help her husband this night.

On the other side of party room, Seyong approaches Zinny who seems so reckless. She already bumped into some maids who delivered drinks for the party. And Seyong was the one who caught her and apologized to them.

“Nuna, are you okay?” Finally he asks her when they find some little space that isn’t full of people.

“Huh? Seyong? Is that you?” Zinny heads up, her hand travels around his face, making sure.

It kind has sting effect

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter