Bitten by Love

G-Ye One Shot Stories

'Teach me how to fall in love' Sunye said to Jiyong who just took a sit beside her.
JiYong gave her a shocked expression and said 'What makes you want to do that suddenly?'
'Its just that I never really felt how to be in love' Sunye said to her best friend since forever.

Truthfully, she decided to do it because earlier she saw that JiYong was about to kiss a girl down the street. She was heartbroken even though she hasn't confess her feelings yet to JiYong.'Sure, if you really want it, I can help you' JiYong said in monotone trying to hide his disappointment.

Sunye words strike his heart like lightning.Could it be that she saw the girl trying to kiss me just now. I swear I kind of saw her standing at the back of the alley. It was all a misunderstanding. Sunye, if only you knew that I love you. JiYong felt like shouting at her but he couldn't risk his friendship, no, not yet, because he isn't sure whether she likes him or not.

The two best friends who grew up in the same neighbourhood were always together and inseparable. But in college, JiYong is well-known to be the most popular boy who every girls wants to be with. He played it cool but never really had any real girlfriend, sure he goes out for dates with many girls before but nothing more than that because in his heart, Sunye will always be the one.

Sunye in the other hand is an introvert girl, wearing big spectacles in college, kind of nerdy but grewing up with her, JiYong knows that she has hidden beauty and he is proud that only he knows that 'secret' of her. They were friends since elementary school and Sunye never open up to anyone else beside him, he knows her true character, he feels that, the part of Sunye is exclusive to him, and him only.

'So, when are you going to start teaching me?' Sunye said, interrupted his thoughts. 'Why not now?' JiYong still didn't figure out how on earth, should he help Sunye when it will only hurt him by doing that.

'Maybe, I should try wearing contact lenses' Sunye said while taking out and looking at her big spectacles. JiYong look at her beautiful eyes, it reminds him the reason why he felt for her. 'Yeah, you are right. For starters, don't wear the spectacles.' JiYong said half-heartedly.

It seems that she is determined and as a best friend I should help her. JiYong realized that Sunye really wants to be in love though it breaks his hurt that the person may not be him. Soon after, JiYong taught Sunye about ways to win men's heart. Sunye's mind was set to forget about her first love while JiYong's mission is to think of ways for her to fall for him.

Two hours later, Sunye threw herself on the sofa, her hand is still holding the notebook where she writes downs things JiYong told her to do. 'Ah, I think I can't do that.'Sunye said to JiYong when he said guys like girls to be little flirtatious, sort of playing with the eyes. 'Come on, try it' JiYong ushered Sunye to 'test' her prowess in front of him.'Ok' Sunye reluctantly agreed.

She went to JiYong who was sitting outside at her house balcony, waiting. She sat down and cross her legs in front of him. 'Hi, baby' JiYong started their conversation and hold her hand. Sunye give a seductive smile which makes JiYong slightly lightheaded. If only all of this is real and not an act.

Then, Sunye leaned forward and JiYong, too brought his head nearer, their face was mere millimeters away and they were about to........ kiss.

'Rrrring...rrring' - the telephone inside the house rings, both snapped back to reality. JiYong who was trying to hide his blushing face said,'See, I told you that you got it and we almost fell in love right there. Now go and pick up the phone before it will wake your parents up.' Sunye rushed inside to get the phone before JiYong could see her face turning slight red.

Who on earth, call at midnight? Sunye thought silently. JiYong who was still sitting in the balcony felt a little disappointed. Just a few seconds and our lips would have touch but that stupid phone sure ruins the moment. JiYong cursed at his bad luck.

Sunye came back later and she told him that YooBin invited both of them to her club party tomorrow night.'Just the right timing since there will be lots of guys in the club for you to practise what you've learn today' JiYong said to Sunye but more like a warning to himself, a signal that he might lose Sunye tomorrow night.

*~*~*

'Are you ready?' JiYong asked Sunye. Both of them were standing in front of the club entrance. The loud music can clearly be heard from outside. 'I'm not sure if I can do this' Sunye said nervously, it was her first time to step into a club. She held tightly to JiYong's hands. JiYong felt her nervousness, turn to her and said, 'Listen to me Sunye, God give you two legs to walk, two hands to hold things, two ears to hear, two eyes to see but God only give you one heart, why? Because he gave your another heart to other people and he wants you to find it. And you are only be able to find it if you are brave enough to go inside.' Sunye was awed by JiYong's love philosophy lecture and JiYong himself was amazed that he could even think of saying that. Thinking back, shouldn't I be the one who is supposed to gather the courage to confess to her? Now, JiYong somehow regretted what he said to Sunye.

They went inside and everyone turn their eyes to Sunye. Sunye sure captured all the guys' heart the moment they laid eyes on her and girls envied her beauty. YooBin came running down and went to Sunye.'Sunye, is that really you? OMG, you are so beautiful without the spectacles, so different from yesterday.' Sunye blushed when YooBin complimented her.

'Oh, hey there, JiYong' Yoobin turned to JiYong and he just smiled back. Yoobin, then took Sunye to the dance floor. JiYong's eyes followed their movement to the dance floor. He was also aware of the naughty glances the guys in the club gave to Sunye and he wished that if he could poke all of their 'dirty' eyes. He felt a surge of anger and jealousy boiling inside him, now he regretted all those things that he taught Sunye the other night. He took a sit at the bar and took one of the alcohol drinks that were lining up in front of him, overwhelming with the feeling of sadness.

Sunye was having good time at the dance floor with YooBin. Many guys tried to dance with her but her eyes are on JiYong who was sitting and gulping down his drinks. Gosh, what's up with him? What trouble that he has? I should be the one drinking all those. Sunye felt confused about JiYong's behavior but then she turned her attention back to the dance floor.

I didn't know Sunye can dance that well. I knew she took dance classes before but whoa she is good. JiYong complimented Sunye from afar. Slowly, he dragged himself to the dance floor to where Sunye is.

Sunye saw JiYong came to her and so she dance with him. By now, the song played was the 'Love Bug from M-Flo and Boa'. They were so into the song and their dance coordination blended well with the music. They were holding tight to each other while swaying their body to the melody. Their face was close enough and they were looking at each other straight in the eyes while circling the dance floor'

~The music at the background ~
She loves me... ~JiYong in his mind
He loves me not... OH! He loves me... ~Sunye in her mind
She loves me not...OH! She loves me... ~JiYong in his mind
He loves me not... OH! He loves me... ~Sunye in her mind
She loves me not... ~JiYong in his mind
He loves me... loves me... loves me not? ~Sunye in her mind
She loves me... loves me... loves me not? ~JiYong in his mind

JiYong hold Sunye tighter on his arm and KISS her... ~ needs LOVE! [the music played on the background reached its while JiYong and Sunye shared a passionate kiss on the dance floor]

*~*~*

'Mummy, mummy' Sunye's reminiscent was broken by the faint voice she heard calling out for her. Sunye turned off her MP3 player that she was listening as soon as she saw her kids came running towards her.

'Mummy, what are you listening?' Kwon Ji Ye asked her. 'Mummy,can I listen too?' Kwon Ji Sun then asked. She gave her MP3 to them and asked 'Where is your daddy?'

'I'm right here, baby. Miss me already?' JiYong called from behind her and give her a soft peck on her cheeks. 'Aaaahh, daddy kiss mommy!' Kwon Ji Ye and Kwon Ji Sun shouted while closing their eyes with their hands.

Ji Yong and Sunye who is married now are blessed with a daughter, Kwon Ji Ye and a son, Kwon Ji Sun, both twins. The proud parents of 6 years were looking at their children when suddenly their boy said 'When I grow up, I want to marry mommy!' as he took a sit beside his mother. Sunye kissed him while laughing away at the thought.

'No, you can't! Mommy is mine forever!' JiYong said childishly while hugging Sunye into his arms and give Sunye another kiss which makes their boy jealous. Ji Yong and Ji Sun were still 'fighting' over Sunye when suddenly Ji Ye came to her, 'Mummy, why is there only one song in the MP3?' Ji Sun asked as she gave the MP3 player back to her mommy.

'Because mommy like the song so much.' Sunye laughed at her twin daughter while she exchange glances with JiYong. Ji Yong took the MP3 player from Sunye and both of them began listening to the song together. They felt contented looking at their two kids playing while listening to the song, 'Love Bug'.

The song meant so much for them. It was the song that brought them together. The song that reminds them of the passionate kiss they shared 8 years ago. The 'Love Bug' that bites them and marks their declaration of love for each other.

 

- The End -