Lover's Rhapsody

G-Ye One Shot Stories

Sunye was lying on the bed when suddenly her phone rang. 'Yeobosaeyo' Sunye said after seeing Yeeun's name appear at the caller ID. 'Hey, I found a job for you, Sunye! You are still looking for a job this summer holidays, right?' 'Hmmm,'Sunye replied. Ye Eun continued, 'My uncle's friend owns this famous entertainment company and they are hiring temporary receptionist for 3 months, interested?' Without thinking Sunye agreed and after Ye Eun inform her the address, she hung up. Finally I got some pocket money for this summer, Sunye thought silenty.

She jumped when suddenly her phone rang again. Thinking that it is Ye Eun, Sunye said 'Yes, I know Ye Eun, I won't be late tomorrow.' There was a long pause before a guy voice spoke,'Yeobosaeyo, Sunye-sshi?' Sunye puzzled and looked at her caller ID. She realized that she didn't know the number. The guys continued,'I don't know if you remember me or not but I used to be your senior in Seoul Middle School. I'm Taeyang and I got your number from Daesung, your senior high school.' Sunye's brain is trying to process every single information that she heard. Why did the name sound familiar?

'Ah, Taeyang-oppa, I remember you now!' How can I forget my first love at middle high school, Sunye thought to herself. They chatted for little longer and had to hang up because Taeyang had to rush back to the airport. He was there for a short visit and had to go back to his mom in USA. He promised that he will contact Sunye again once he come back to Korea next month. After hanging up, Sunye's mind linger at the lost memories she shared with Taeyang-oppa during their middle high school. Though it was short, she developed feelings for Taeyang-oppa.'Maybe I still like him?' Sunye said to herself. With that she felt asleep.

*~*~*

Sunye's first day at work turn out to be chaotic. All this while, she thought that receptionist was an easy job to do, she was wrong especially when she is the receptionist of a well-known entertainment company. Besides receiving packages/letters/documents on behalf of the company and artist, she had to attend to dozens of audio/video demos of wannabe-singers. Some was so extreme that they will wait the whole day in front of the building to meet up with the CEOs or record producers. But thank god, there are securities around and Sunye felt safe and able to handle the situation. 'It's just for couple of months and they pay me quite high,' Sunye often say this to cheer herself up when she face obstacles in her work.

A week has passed since Sunye first started her work as a receptionist. Being a fast learner she is able to carry out her duties efficiently and plus her natural beauty, she caught eyes of the male workers in the company, sometimes even the recording artist flirt with her. She handle all of them professionally as co-workers only but one particular guy caught her attention. Though he is a famous recording producer and also famous playboy in the entertainment industry, Sunye can't help but found herself developed feeling for him. Little did she knew, it isn't a one-sided love.

'Oh my, there she is at her usual place' Jiyong said in his mind. Sunye greeted Mr Kwon Ji Yong with her sweet smile.'Good morning,' Jiyong replied back before heading to the lift to go to his office upstairs. 'Damn it', Jiyong said to himself as soon as the lift closed. 'Why am I so weak in front of her? How does she make my tongue glued to have a conversation with her?' JiYong scolded himself. 'I am the Kwon Ji Yong, famous producer, flamboyant player, yet in front of her I'm so powerless.' JiYong tried to find the answer that he himself didn't know. Ever since Ji Yong laid his eyes on Sunye, he knew it that she is the one. It makes his heart beating like crazy everytime he saw her and his temperature raised when he saw other co-workers trying to flirt with her. All he wanted to was that Sunye be in his arm and his arm only but he knows that'll never happen if he did not make his first move.

Few hours passed, Sunye looked at her watch and realized that it is already 12.15pm. She signaled to one of the security guards that she is going to have her lunch. The security guard understood and took over her place while she had her break. Sunye then headed to the lift to have her lunch at the pantry on the 3rd floor. She always had her lunch at the quiet pantry because most of the workers in the company had their lunch at their own office or with clients outside. She loved it this way because she is able to have some lonely time for herself.

As soon as she finished her home-made lunch box, she headed to the lift. Usually she will take the stairs to go down for the sake of burning calories but today she is so lazy to waste any energy. Sunye was feeling full and was so into her thoughts that she didn't realize she almost bumped into a guy standing in front of the lift. 'Sorry' Sunye apologized and looked up. 'It's okay' the guy said with his sweet voice that melt Sunye's heart further more. She was half-shocked to find it was Kwon Ji Yong. Ji Yong continued, 'It seems that you like daydreaming a lot!' Sunye smiled back at his remark. This is the guy that she secretly has crush on and though she knew his reputation of being the famous playboy around, he is so irresistible.

The lift open and both of them get into the lift obediently one after another. After pressing the button, none of them spoke a word. Ji Yong excitedly shouted inside his heart,'This is the time, this is the time' But everytime he wanted to say to Sunye who stand just inches away from him inside the super small lift, his mouth froze. Sunye, in the other hand play with her fingers nervously. Ji Yong was feeling so nervous that he could even hear his heart beating but wait, it's not only his, he could also barely hear Sunye's heart beating in the small lift. Well it is even more weird if isn't beating, right? JiYong was trying to be theoretical. Sunye who 'play dumb' in the whole 'heart-beating' game, couldn't deny the fact that she heard his heart beating which makes her heart beat even more and makes her stomach twitch. Despite the awfully silent situation, both were extremely happy inside and silently pray that the time would stop or maybe the lift stop and they got stuck inside.

This uneasy feeling lasted a minute and when the lift open signaling the ending of their 'silence romance' time. Both seems reluctant to go out of the lift and they both tried to go out at the same time, almost squeezing each other. Ji Yong, being a gentleman put his hand forward , a silent statement to let Sunye go out first. Once both of them were out of the lift, they let out a sigh of relief at the same time. They looked at each other and then looked away blushingly. Ji Yong quickly walked out of the building while Sunye went to her receptionist area. Only God knows what await for this 'couple'.

As written in the book of fate, Sunye and Ji Yong keep bumping on each other frequently especially during Sunye's lunch break. Not that it is a big deal seeing that they are working in the same place but often at some 'weird times' they will see each other unexpectedly. Some days when Sunye decided to use the stairs to go up/down, she will bump into Ji Yong walking the opposite direction. Though there were awkwardness at first, they cant help but keep glancing at each other. From just exchanging glances, to making small conversation and now they even have each other phone numbers. It is just a matter of time before they finally confessed their true feeling for each other.

*~*~*

A month has passed and both finally became a couple secretly. They do not want to risk JiYong's reputation as a famous record producer and besides it is against the rule of the company to go out with co-workers. But apart from that, there was never a single day or night that they did not spend together. If JiYong is busy with his recording work he will make sure he still calls Sunye to say goodnight and so does Sunye. She always make sure that JiYong eat right by making home-made food for him. They are like in heaven, a happily in love couple. 'Good night, baby. Sweet dreams!' Jiyong said to Sunye before he continue another night at the recording studio, producing. Sunye's word 'Love you, honey' still ringing in his head and cast a smile upon his face. Jiyong felt like he owns the world, now that Sunye is by his side.

Sunye was about to switch off the lamp by her bedside when her phone rang. 'This must be JiYong, again'She picked it up 'Ok, now I need to sleep dear, we can see each other tomorrow!' Sunye said in the sweetest voice. 'How do you know that I want to meet you tomorrow?' A guy with a deep voice replied back but it was not JiYong's. Sunye was puzzled and realized that this must be a wrong number but before she could say anything. The guy continued 'Its me Taeyang, I just arrived from the airport and was thinking of meeting you tomorrow, you're free?' Sunye immediately remembered Taeyang, her first love, and at the moment she almost totally forgot about JiYong. They chatted some more and decided tomorrow's meeting place before hanging up.

The cafe across the street from Sunye's office was filled with lots of people when she came. Luckily she managed to grab a place nearby the window and waited patiently for Taeyang. She noticed him wearing a cap and looking masculine now. He smiled at her when he found her and quickly went over to her table. 'Wow oppa, you are so muscular now' Sunye complimented him. Sunye's old feeling for Taeyang somehow resurfaced when she saw him. 'Maybe I still like him?' Sunye thought quietly. They ordered their food and chatted about the old days they spend together in school.

JiYong didn't mind when Sunye told him that she will meet her senior during middle high school. Being an understanding boyfriend, he knew it is just a small reunion but understanding and jealousy is two different word with different meanings. Unknowingly, he found himself walking towards the cafe that Sunye told him she will be having the reunion.

'I have something to tell you' Taeyang said suddenly while they are enjoying their food. 'I've been longing to tell you this long time ago and if I didn't tell you now I don't know when will it be. I love you, Sunye!' Sunye stunned upon hearing his word and just look at him straight into the eyes. She did not know what to say and suddenly she hear lots of girls screaming outside of the cafe. Both Taeyang and Sunye stand up to see what the commotion was about and find JiYong struggling in the sea of fans who wanted his autograph. When JiYong finally escaped from them with the help of the cafe workers, he quickly got in and saw Sunye with a familiar guy, a guy he knew long time ago.

Sunye didn't know what to do and tried to wave him at his place but then suddenly Taeyang walk over at to JiYong and hugged him. 'They knew each other?' Sunye puzzled. Both of them then came to Sunye's place. 'Yah Sunye, I didn't know that you are my step brother's junior in middle high school'JiYong said. 'And I didn't know that you work together with JiYong' Taeyang continued. 'I guess JiYong didn't tell him that he is my boyfriend since we are in a public place with all his fans surrounding' Sunye silently thought. It turn out that Taeyang's father marry JiYong's mother when they were small and both of them spend their lives together happily as a family for 7 years before Taeyang's father died in a car accident. Taeyang then decided to stay with his birth mother in USA since she caught an illness. Their reunion was cut short, thanks to JiYong's annoying fans who keep on making noise outside the window of our table.

Later that night, Taeyang called Sunye 'I wanted you to know what I said earlier today was serious and I really want you to follow me back to USA. I shall wait for your reply' That was the gist of the conversation she had on the phone with Taeyang. Minutes later, JiYong called to say good night to his Sunye and thanked her for reuniting him and his long lost step brother not knowing that just before Taeyang confessed his love to Sunye.

Sunye feeling 'troubled' by the two guys couldn't fall asleep that night. 'What shall I do? Who shall I choose? My first love? Or my love at first sight?' Sunye asked herself. She got out of her bed and headed to her book shelves to look for an answer though she knew it was never there. She randomly picked up one of her favourite novel book and went back to sit on her bed. As she opened the novel, a picture fell off. It was the picture of her and her two best friends, Ye Eun and Yoo Bin at YooBin-unnie's university graduation party last year. Sunye smiled looking at the picture and caught something that made up her mind. She finally knew the answer to her 'problem'. Sunye picked up her phone and dial the number, a guy answered. 'I'm sorry Taeyang, I'm in love with Kwon Jiyong' With that she hung up.

~Flashback 2 weeks ago~
JiYong was in Sunye's room browsing through her bookshelves. He picked on a particular novel that caught his eyes and wanted to read it. A picture fell off the book, he eyed the picture carefully. 'What are you looking at there?' Sunye asked him while sitting on her bed reading a magazine. 'Nothing'JiYong replied and quickly put the picture back and returned the book at its place. Jiyong took out his favourite 'star' beanie and put it on Sunye's head. She just smiled back to him and JiYong lie on the bed beside her. 'Did you believe in fate?' Jiyong asked suddenly. 'Of course, I do' Sunye answered.'Do you know that we met before?'Jiyong continue asking.'Really? I don't think so,dear. If so when and where is it?' Sunye asked anxiously and trying to remember if they have meet before. 'If you believe in fate then let fate tell you the answers one day' Jiyong then kissed Sunye and that night both of them sleep in each other arms.



- The End -

Curious to know what is the picture, click on this link