Prisoner Of Love

G-Ye One Shot Stories

On the computer screen:
……
JiYong: I eat bread and had a glass of milk for my breakfast.
‘SoHee’: I had kimbap for lunch.
JiYong: I missed eating the original Korean food though they have it here in UK, I just miss Korea I guess. Btw, my family and I are coming back to Korea next week.

Sunye’s eyes glued on the screen, and her hand stopped typing. “Jiyong is coming next week?” she thought silently.

Jiyong: You there?...Also I have this new tune that I composed and wants your opinion on it.. I’ll send to you now
‘So Hee’: Ok Sure.

~Flashback 8 years ago~
At the airport, So Hee and Sunye arrived to bid JiYong farewell. JiYong’s father got transferred to work in UK and so JiYong has to follow. The three families are close friends and neighbours. Before JiYong entered the departure hall, he passed So Hee a paper which has his email address,”Keep in touch”.

A month passed, in So Hee’s room. “How do I look in this dress, unnie?” So Hee asked Sunye who was lying on her bed reading a magazine. “Any dress looks good on you, dear”. Sunye replied.

‘You’ve got mail! You’ve got mail!’ So Hee’s computer signal that there is an incoming mail. “Unnie, can you help me to check the mail” Sunye put down her magazine and obediently went to sit in front of the computer. “It’s from JiYong. He asked how are we doing” Sunye said after reading the mail. So Hee was still busy choosing her dress said, “Unnie, can you just reply the mail, I’m still busy choosing clothes here and i’m already late for my social group meeting.”

So that is how Sunye ends up becoming ‘So Hee’ without the knowledge of JiYong. From replying emails, now they are constantly chatting, discussing about their daily lives. Meantime, So Hee who was busy managing her social life did not take any attention to it.
~End of Flashback~

On the computer screen:
--- Received Completed --- > The screen shows that the media file sent by Ji Yong is completed.

Sunye typed.

‘So Hee’: I received already. I’m going to listen to it later and get back to you. GTG. Bye. See you next week.

Sunye switched of the computer screen and went downstairs to look for So Hee. She was in the kitchen.”Uniie, why are you running? Who chased you?”
“Ji Yong is coming back next week” Sunye said ignoring So Hee’s question. “Ji Yong? Why does the name sounds familiar?” So He said loudly. Sunye who was half-shocked by the ‘revelation’, explains to So Hee about Ji Yong.
~A week later~
Sunye and So Hee together with their families went to the airport to welcome JiYong and his family back. “OMG, is that hot guy, JiYong?” So Hee whispered to Sunye. Sunye nodded. Indeed Ji Yong grew up to be a fine man and he looks better in person than all the pictures he had been sending in those mails. Ji Yong came to both of them. “You must be So Hee, right?” He greeted So Hee with his falsetto voice. “How did you recognize me?” So Hee was confused but feeling delighted at the same time. “ You look exactly the same in the pictures you sent” So Hee turned to Sunye to look for the answer and Sunye signal So Hee with her eyes to just follow the flow. All this while, Sunye who became ‘So Hee’ make sure that she didn’t expose her true ‘identity’ and so sends So Hee pictures when Ji Yong requested.

“And you must be Sunye, right? You are so beautiful now. I still remember you wear big spectacles back then and I just realized you have a pair of pretty eyes.” Ji Yong said to Sunye making her snap back to the reality. All the three families then went back to Sunye’s house. Ji Yong’s family will be the guest in Sunye’s house for a month.

It was 7 am in the morning, So Hee woke up early and get dressed. She, then, hurriedly went to Sunye’s house next door and creep into Sunye’s room. Sunye who initially thought that it was a robber, almost shouted but was stopped by So Hee. “What are you doing here early in the morning?” Sunye confused to see So Hee getting up so early when it was usually Sunye who will have to go to her and house wake her up. “Sssshhh, I want to know more about Ji Yong-oppa. All this while you had been chatting with him. Surely you know the things he likes and dislikes.” So Hee whispered to Sunye so no one could hear them though they were no one else in the room besides them. And so Sunye told everything about Ji Yong that she knows.

Later that day, all of them went for a ski trip. So Hee was trying her best to impress Ji Yong and he seems to be enjoying it since he likes So Hee. Sunye who also had a secret crush on Ji Yong did not pay attention to it because she knew that both of them like each other. And that both are the most important people in her life, as long as they are happy, she is happy even if that means she has to sacrifice herself for their sake.

Two weeks has passed since then, both So Hee and Ji Yong were a couple now and their families who see them together were happy for them. Seeing this, both fathers decided to engage them together. “They can get engage during So Hee’s college holidays which is in 3 months time.” So Hee’s father suggested. “Anything will do but I need to get back to London first as planned to settle my work.” Ji Yong’s father replied. “I can help you with the preparations” Sunye’s father volunteered. It was a happy celebration to all the 3 families who had been closed friends.

That night, Sunye was sitting in her room. Though she was happy about the news, she still can’t help to feel sad and so she took her favourite trot cd out and listens it to cheer herself. She was singing and paying attention to the song that she didn’t realize someone was listening to it. Ji Yong just got back home and he greeted the elders who were talking about his engagement party in the living room. Then he went upstairs to rest in the guest room. On his way, he heard a beautiful voice coming from Sunye’s room. He went inside her room when he sees the room was half-closed. “I didn’t know that you can sing so well” JiYong interrupted Sunye. Sunye surprised by the sudden appearance, stopped singing.”Hey, you can’t just go inside a female’s room without knocking the door” Sunye said and trying to hide her blushing red face.”I did knocked but you didn’t hear so I just went in” Ji Yong replied feeling a little guilty.”It’s okay, then.”Sunye answered. “I didn’t know that you like trot song, I thought only So Hee likes it” Ji Yong said as he looked around Sunye’s room. Sunye jumped upon hearing the statement and said “So Hee used to like trot but now not anymore. People do change as times passes by, you know” Sunye said, trying to cover it up with a white lie. “Yeah, maybe it’s true that people change because the So Hee that I used to chat everyday doesn’t seems to be like the one I knew now.” Ji Yong looked at Sunye’s face and she turned away avoiding his eye contact.

“Hey, I didn’t know that you are going to further your studies in UK” Jiyong asked Sunye when he saw the university booklet of a famous university in UK lying on her desk. Sunye took the booklets from him and put it away, “Well I actually applied 3 months ago and just recently got accepted. The school starts late September but I need to go for their orientation in 3 weeks time.” Sunye answered him. “That’s cool, so that means you are coming back with me since my family is heading back to London around the time. I can show you around London when we reach there.”said Ji Yong.

Three weeks later, Sunye was in London and Ji Yong showed Sunye around as he promised. He brought her to lots of historical places. They were still enjoying the views when suddenly Sunye noticed an old beautiful church. She told Ji Yong that she wanted to visit the church and so he followed her.”I thought only So Hee likes to visit the church” Ji Yong said quietly. Sunye who was mesmerized by the church’s architectural design, ignores the things that he said. She sat at one of the sits while Ji Yong wandered around the church. Sunye was praying with her eyes closed and hummed a tune, a habit that she always do when she is praying in church. Ji Yong stopped when he heard the tune, he went nearer to Sunye and recognized that it was one of his favourite tune that he composed. Sunye finished her prayer and stood up to see Ji Yong looking at her.

“How did you know the tune? The tune that I composed and always hummed it when I pray.”Ji Yong questioned Sunye, realizing that she is hiding something.” So hee, told me about it” Sunye replied trying to hide the truth. “Then why does all the things that So Hee did is different? She never like trot, she never likes purple colour and she dislikes singing” Ji Yong asking her endlessly and now is confident that what he suspects is true.

Sunye tried to walk out through the front door while Ji Yong was still standing behind her, unmoved. “People change” Sunye said shortly, forcing herself not to cry. Ji Yong took a step closer towards her, “No, they didn’t. You didn’t. All this while I thought I am in love with So Hee but I wasn’t. I was blinded by the love given by a woman who loves listening to the trot song, who likes purple colour and always willing to listen to all the melody that I composed. And that woman is you, Sunye!” Ji Yong turned Sunye so that she faced him.

Sunye was crying silently and Ji Yong embraced her. “No, I….” Sunye tried to explain but Ji Yong stopped her as he kissed her on his lips. After they finally lose themselves from each other, the two long lost lovers took a love oath in the love’s most sacred place. Sunye then explained to Ji Yong the ‘secret’ that she has been keeping for 8 years.

Two weeks later, Ji Yong and Sunye walked hand in hand in the Heathrow airport, London. They were on the way to go back to Korea and planned to tell everything to So Hee first before telling their families.

In Korea, So Hee’s father was involved in a car accident and unfortunately he couldn’t be saved. That day, So Hee lost her only family member and become an orphan. JiYong and Sunye who then just arrived were shocked by the news. Ji Yong’s parents too rushed back to Korea upon hearing the news.

A week has passed, Sunye and Ji Yong were always around So Hee to cheer her up. They couldn’t, at this point, tell So Hee about their relationship. Later that night, Sunye’s father and Ji Yong’s father discussed about So Hee’s future.”I think the best way is to hurry the engagement date and wed the two together” said Sunye’s father who loves So Hee like his own daughter. And so it was decided that within a month So Hee and Ji Yong will be engaged. So Hee was delighted by the news.

Sunye who learned about the news from her father called Ji Yong out to the park. “I think we should break up. We are never meant to be together and I can’t afford to see So Hee sad anymore. You are the one that will make her happy, Ji Yong” Sunye said to Ji Yong while trying her best not to cry in front the person she loves. Ji Yong hugged her.”Oh Sunye, what should I do? I cant just leave you like that. I love you so much!!!” He burst into tears as he said this. “If you do really love me, then make So Hee happy for me, Ji Yong. Love her as much as you love me and just forget about me.” Sunye said to Ji Yong. With the shiny moon as their witness, the star-crossed lover share one last hug together before they both embark into their own separate destiny. They had decided to sacrifice their love for friendship but little did they know the God of Love was awed by their love that He has other plans for the couple.

Time passes quickly and it was already the wedding day of So Hee and Ji Yong. The wedding ceremony will be held in the town hall nearby. So Hee was so happy and Sunye was trying her best to be happy for So Hee. “It is worth it to sacrifice my love for my lovely dongsaeng, So Hee” Sunye said silently to herself. Mean time, Ji Yong was still in Sunye’s house, sitting in her room. He was holding and looking a picture of Sunye that he secretly took when Sunye had her orientation in London. “Ji Yong, we are running late already. Hurry up!” his mother yelled. Ji yong reluctantly stand up. He took one last look at the picture, kissed it and put it back in his wallet.

“Unnie, did you bring your purple clip that I asked you to yesterday?” So Hee asked Sunye who was busy sorting out the gifts for the guests. “I’m sorry So Hee, I forgot. I’ll bring it to you later once I finish this”. “Its okay, unnie. I’ll go and get it. Its on your dressing table, right?” Sunye nodded while her hands are still busy counting the gifts. So Hee ran back home to Sunye’s house which was just nearby and went straight to Sunye’s room. No one was in the house as expected because everybody is at the town hall.

So Hee quickly look into Sunye’s dressing table and saw the purple clip. “Aish, Ji Yong-oppa forgot his wallet.” So Hee noticed Ji Yong’s wallet that lies on Sunye’s bed and took it. A picture fell from the wallet. It was Sunye’s picture.”This must be taken by Ji Yong-oppa while they were in London for unnie’s university orientation” So Hee said smilingly but then she noticed something else in the picture.

At the party, everyone was waiting for So Hee. “Sunye, can you go look for her. Go and see what took her so long.” Suddenly, the door burst open and So Hee entered. She ran towards Sunye who was standing near Ji Yong. Without saying a word, So Hee took both Sunye’s and Ji Yong’s hands. “Priest, Marry this two important people in my life who loved each other dearly and willing to sacrifice their love for me” So Hee said and the Heaven above smiles as Ji Yong and Sunye become husband and wife that day.

~Flashback 2 months ago~
Sunye, Ji Yong and So Hee were on their way back home from watching movie one night. “Oppa, what is it that you wear around your neck?” So Hee asked. “This?” Ji Yong held up his star-shape necklace. “Isnt it from your late-grandmother?” Sunye questioned further. “Yup, and I’m going to give it to the person I love most in the world one day.” Ji Yong said wishfully while looking at the stars.

 


- The End -

Curious to see the picture that make So Hee realized, Ji Yong loves Sunye? Click here