Early Morning Tantrum

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 8, 2014


It was January 8, a Wednesday, and the first day back to school after winter break. Not to mention, it was Woohyun's ninth week of pregnancy. 

It was early that morning, just the right time to wake up and go to school. The alarm clock sounded at seven in the morning. A groggy hand reached out from under the bed comforter and tried to find the snooze button. The hand fiddled along the bedside table as he tried to find the button to shut the cursed device off. After a few more beeps, the hand still could not find the device, so it grabbed the comforter and threw it off the body connected to it. 

Sunggyu searched around lackadaisicaly for the alarm clock, squinting through his almost shut eyes. He looked down to the carpeted floor and found the device upside down and on the floor. Sunggyu sighed and reached down, scooping up the clock and setting it back in its place on the nightstand. He smashed the button, turning the noise and alarm off. 

Woohyun stirred next to him, but stayed silent. Sunggyu turned and smiled at the sight. Woohyun was hugging his pillow tightly against his chest and cheek. His hair was a rat's nest and sticking up in every which way. Adorable. 

Sunggyu leaned down to the younger, whispering, "Woohyun ah, Woohyun ah," the younger stirred only at the second call of his name, "Woohyun ah, it is time to get ready for school. It's your first day back and you want to look good," Sunggyu slightly shook his boyfriend's shoulder, finally getting a reaction from him. 

Woohyun flipped onto his back and stretched his arms over his head. He whimpered at the of his stretch before letting it go and relaxing against the bed again. He squinted through crescent eyes as he spoke, a hoarse crack gracing his voice, "Good morning," the younger male rubbed his eyes with his fists and smiled lopsidedly.

"How was your sleep?" Sunggyu asked, trying to keep the attention of the younger before he drifted back off to sleep. He up and down Woohyun's arm, feeling the warm skin against his own. 

Woohyun smiled and said, "I dreamt of our baby," he brought his hands down to his lower abdomen where a slight bump was growing. In the past two weeks, it had definitely grown in size. It wasn't noticeable, but it was there, "I saw you playing around with our kid. Our child was a boy, and you kept calling him Junghee. You both kept playing with toy cars, or playing in our back yard with a ball. You were a really good father, and I know you really will be," the younger smiled at the elder. 

Sunggyu smiled back and reached over, setting his hand next to Woohyun's on the younger's stomach. He felt the slight roundness to the skin, but nothing was too noticeable. He smiled when he realized that his son or daughter was growing behind his hand. 

It kind of freaked him out hat he was going to be a father, but new as still happy about it all. He ran his thumb over the area, tickling Woohyun in the process. 

After Woohyun's small giggles were done, Sunggyu threw the covers off of his body, prompting the pregnant teenager to get up. Woohyun groaned, smile disappearing, but never the less, he sat up with the help of Sunggyu. He shook his head in an attempt to wake up. Sunggyu laughed from the side and said, "Come on. Let's get ready."

Woohyun nodded groggily and threw his feet over the side of his bed, his feet hitting the ground with a soft thud against the carpet. Sunggyu got up and went to Woohyun's side of the bed to help him wake up. He grabbed Woohyun's hands and pulled him up onto his feet. Woohyun hummed a thank you and raised his arms above his head in another stretch. 

Sunggyu smiled and said, "Can you get ready by yourself?" he chuckled when Woohyun only nodded his head groggily in response, "Okay then, I'll go make some breakfast for us."

Woohyun perked up at the mention of breakfast, a smile dancing on his lips, "Can you make me some scrambled eggs, please?!" his now wide eyes showed excitement at the thought of eating some of Sunggyu's fluffy eggs. He jumped up and down to persuade the elder some more. 

"Aigo~," Sunggyu cooed, wrapping his arms around Woohyun to calm him down, "Okay, I'll make you some eggs. Just get ready," he rubbed his nose against Woohyun's, earning him a giggle from the younger. 

"Okay, Gyugyu," he sang the petname as he wiggled out of Sunggyu's arms to grab his school uniform and get dressed. He sang as he did so, his beautiful voice so perfect even when it was so early in the morning as it was. 

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and made his way downstairs to prepare the eggs that the younger requested. When he reached the bottom of the stairs, he was greeted by Mrs. Nam, "Good morning, Sunggyu ah," she sang from the kitchen. 

"Good morning, Umma," he greeted back, making his way into the kitchen. Mrs. Nam was packing Woohyun's lunch since he didn't manage to last night. 

Mrs. Nam smiled at the greeting and added, "I also made you a lunch for your first day back at school," she reached over and held up a reusable bag that contained the prepared lunch, "Make sure you eat it all, too. I don't want you to be tired."

Sunggyu smiled, "Thank you so much. I'll make sure to eat every last bit," he looked over to where the pots were hanging up above the island on a sturdy metal rack. He made his way over and pulled one down, "I'm making some eggs, since Woohyun wanted them," he clarified when Mrs. Nam gave him a questioning look. 

Mrs. Nam nodded and said, "Okay, just make sure to clean up after you are done. I just cleaned the dishes," she pointed her head in the direction of the sink where it was completely empty and clean, a stack of hand washed dishes drying nearby on a towel. 

"Okay," Sunggyu said, grabbing four eggs from the fridge. Afterwards, he set everything up and rested the greased pan on the heated stove. He cracked the eggs and let the yokes fall into the bowl, where he eventually whipped them with some milk, pepper, and cheese, just the way Woohyun liked them. 

He poured the yokes into the pan and they sizzled against the well heated metal. Sunggyu immediately went to work, making sure he didn't burn the eggs and not make a mess. 

He was done in two minutes. He grabbed two plates from the cleaned ones on the counter and dished the food out onto them, grabbing two pairs of chopsticks as well. He set the plates out on the table and as if on cue, Woohyun entered the kitchen. 

Sunggyu looked behind him, having heard him shuffling around and smiled when he saw his boyfriend. Woohyun was dressed completely in his school uniform, but his hair was half styled, the product he used still trying to dry along with his wet hair from the shower. 

"Good morning, Woohyun ah. I made your lunch for you," Mrs. Nam spoke up cheerily, holding up the bag for her son. He smiled and nodded, saying a thank you before then turning his attention to Sunggyu. 

"Morning. I made you your eggs," he announced with a smile, "Eat up, love," he left the table to go wash his hands from his cooking. As he was about to apply the soap, something made impact with the back of his head sending pain through his system. He clutched his head with his wet hands and turned to see Woohyun. The younger held anger in his eyes and his cheeks were puffed out in anger. 

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter