Saving Sunggyu

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 4 - 16 Weeks and 6 Days

The next day, Sunggyu didn't drive Woohyun to school. 

Apparently, the younger had woken up earlier than usual and had Dongwoo pick him up to take him to school. Sunggyu had no knowledge of this so when he arrived at the Nam household, he was greeted coldly by Mrs Nam. 

Sunggyu had parked in the driveway and walked up to the front door with a huge bouquet of flowers in hand. He had chosen roses since Woohyun's actual favorite flower was making his nose itchy and Sunggyu didn't want to upset the younger further by activating his allergies. Roses were his second favorite flower at least, so he would still like them. 

Sunggyu rang the doorbell and waited for Mrs Nam to answer and open up, letting him inside to hopefully clear things up with her youngest son. He was going to immediately apologize as much as he could and make it up to Woohyun immediately. 

She did let him in, eventually. She didn't answer with speed and excitement like she usually did, and instead she answered the door with a sour kind of expression, "Hello, Sunggyu," she greeted stiffly, not even adding a warm pet name for him, "Come in," she ordered, sounding upset herself and most definitely upset with him. 

Sunggyu entered the house and asked, "Is Woohyun still asleep?" he really wanted to ask if he was still upset, but that would have to wait for a bit until he talked to the younger about it. He didn't need to manipulate it through his mother's eyes and instead needed to ta.k to Woohyun directly. 

"Actually, he already left. Dongwoo picked him up this morning," she informed him as she made herself a seat on the living room couch arm. She pulled her cardigan closer to her body to keep warm as she eyed Sunggyu. She didn't have hate in her eyes, but it was more like disappointment and a hint of empathy, but it was masked over by all the horrivle things that were happening. 

Sunggyu sighed and felt like an idiot. He reached up and scratched his head as an awkward silence grew between them, "I brought him flowers, hoping it would help some," Sunggyu stated, holding up the flowers to show her, "But I guess that wouldn't help either." 

Mrs Nam shook her head and took her bottom lip in between her teeth as she observed the flowers, "Roses make his nose itchy, too," she informed him once again, "He would throw them out just upon looking at them." 

Sunggyu lowered the flowers and his head as he felt immensely guilty. He should have known that by now. And he should have known that apologizing with unnecessary gifts was a pointless gesture as well. He lifted his head to face Mrs Nam again and spoke, "Umma, I am really-." 

"Don't apologize to me," Mrs Nam cut him off while shaking her head, holding up a hand to reach her point across, "Apologize to my son. He is the one who is hurting right now and thinks that you don't love him anymore." 

Sunggyu's eyes widened when he heard the news, "What? But I do love him, I love him with all my heart and being. Why would he think that?" he had no idea their situation was so bad. But now he knew, and now he felt like the worst boyfriend, the worst person ever, "Have I not told him enough?" 

Mrs Nam shook her head and stood up to walk over to Sunggyu, "Of course you have, Sunggyu. But, Woohuyn ah feels betrayed right now. You can't go making accusations about people you haven't met and are of great worth to him. You may be the love of his life, but you broke his heart temporarily and it is up to you to make it up to him." 

Sunggyu lowered his gaze and asked, "He told you?" now he felt even worse. He was being judged by one of the people he loves and it hurt him a bit. 

Mrs Nam nodded, "He told me everything. You have to lighten up and trust Woohyun," Mrs Nam demanded, "He may be pregnant, but he can still make his own decisions. He's a smart kid very smart. You alos crossed the line with his job, and now you crossed the line with his friends. You need to set some boundaries for yourself before you ruin it with Woohyun and your baby." 

Sunggyu nodded and looked at the flowers in hand, turning them to look at his pathetic attempt at an apology, "What should I do?" he asked, almost desperate for the right answer. He just wanted everything to be right again. 

Mrs Nam sighed, "First, apologize to him, then talk it out with him so that he finally sees how wrong you were," Sunggyu looked up and was about to defend himself, but Mrs Nam held a finger to her lips to keep him quiet, "How wrong you were," she repeated to get it through Sunggyu's thick skull. 

Sunggyu nodded and realized that there was no point in proving he was "right". He was surely in the wrong and he knew that. Sunggyu finally spoke, "Thank you Umma," he then stepped and leaned forward to envelope the small woman into a more than large bear hug. Mrs Nam entered into it and nodded. 

"Try to talk to him when you pick him up. He might want to listen by then," Mrs. Nam added during the hug. She knew just how much Woohyun missed Sunggyu, and Sunggyu needed to fix things fast with him. 

Sunggyu nodded, "I will. Thank you so much but now I have to go. I have early classes in twenty minutes. I will for sure talk to Woohyun later, but I have to go! Goodbye Umma!" he exclaimed as he exited the house in a rush. He realizedf that the flowers were still in his hands and he threw them to the side in the front yard of the Nam household. 

"Hey!" Mrs. Nam yelled after him after witnessing Sunggyu throw the flowers. Sunggyu sheepishly looked back behind him and gave an apologetic look. He opened his car door and plopped into his seat, starting his car. He half watched Mrs Nam walk over to pick up the roses and half looked in his rear view mirror to watch out for any oncoming cars.  

"Good luck!" Mrs Nam shouted after him. She waved the now sad and crushed roses and watched him leave in his car, "Hopefully Woohyun will listen to you," she uttered to herself before reentering her house and locking the door behind her. 

--------

As soon as his classes ended that day, Sunggyu rushed out of the classroom. He didn't bother to organize all of his belongings and instead headed straight for the door leading to the student parking lot. He found his car, threw his belongings in the passenger seat, and hurriedly backed out of his spot before driving to the high school. 

Sunggyu arrived at the high school in record time. No one had even left the school yet and once the bell rang, he watched as students just started exiting the building. Every student left in a rush through the double doors as they hurried to find their own cars or the younger students to find their parents. 

Sunggyu decided to pull up and park at the sidewalk. He eyed the spot where he knew Woohyun and all his friends would exit and wait and he waited himself for his friends. After a few minutes, he got up and hustled out of the car, only planning to be there for a few seconds and if they towed his car between now and then, he couldn't care less. The only thing on his mind right now was finding his pregnant boyfriend. 

Sunggyu hustled over to the benches where he watched his friends start to gather, searching for the sight of Woohyun. He was disappointed to not spot him anywhere among the high schoolers. In fact, it wasn't just Woohyun missing, but Dongwoo and Howon as well. Instead of trying to figure out where they could be, he kept walking towards the three of the group left. Sungyeol, Myungsoo, and Sungjong. 

He stopped next to the smaller group and observed Sungjong looking petrified at Sungyeol who was sitting on the bench as he tried to stop Myungsoo messing with the buttons on his shirt next to him. teenagers, Sunggyu thought momentarily before going back to business. 

Sunggyu walked right up to them and the two juniors and one sophomore were surprised to see the college student, but due to yesterday's events, their surprised expressions turned sour and into almost forced frowns. Sungyeol even avoided the elder's eyes and looked down to his open shirt, almost wishing Myungsoo would continue to distract him from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter