Valentine's Day

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February 14 - 14 Weeks

Valentine's Day. The day of love and romance, a day when couples have an excuse to buy each other gifts and go out on dates. Really, this day shouldn't be an excuse to love your better half, but, eh, who cares, right? It's a fake holiday that Hallmark made up to make money. 

Well, Seoul wasn't being very generous this fine evening. It started snowing heavily at about noon, and hasn't stopped since. Now, at seven o'clock, the snow is piled high and blocking everyone inside. But, that wasn't stopping Dongwoo and Howon from having a great date night in. 

"Dongwoo, dinner is ready!" Howon yelled from his spot, parked in front of the stove. He had just finished making curry and was now dishing it out onto the ceramic plates. Rice was included in this evening's choosing of eatery as Howon dished that out as well. Howon could hear Dongwoo scramble to the kitchen in excitement. The younger could only laugh at his elder boyfriend's excitement. 

"Mmmmmmm," Dongwoo hummed, "It smells and looks great, Hoaegi. I'm excited," really, he was sweating up a storm. He was so nervous and was out of place as he tried to calm down. 

Howon lead Dongwoo to the table with both of their plates of food in hand, along with pairs of chopsticks to eat with, "Can you get some water and cups, please? This isn't exactly the mildest food," Howon explained, making the table look nice. 

"Of course," Dongwoo stuttered, making his way over to the cupboard. He reached inside and pulled out two glasses before he made his way over to the fridge where a pitcher of purified water sat, "Got 'em," he announced as he strode over to the dining table. He set the items in their respective spots, a glass to each plate and the pitcher in the middle of the table. 

"You sit here, and I'll sit here," he explained as he claimed the seats. 

"Okay," Howon breathed out and clasped his hands together, "Let's eat."

Dongwoo was first to sit down on his side of the small table across from Howon's spot. Howon moved to sit down, but stopped abruptly, looking over to Dongwoo before smiling mischievously. Dongwoo hadn't pushed in his chair, a habit he had. Howon grabbed his plate, utensils, and glass to move over to sit on Dongwoo's open lap. Dongwoo was not surprised since Howon often did such a thing. 

Howon made himself comfortable in his elder boyfriend's lap, "You lap is more comfortable, babe," he then adjusted his chopsticks in his grip and ate the curry, "I think it lacks a bit, I just don't know what," Howon announced, chewing on some potato. 

Dongwoo snorted, "What are you talking about? This is perfect, Howon. One of your best dishes, yet," Dongwoo stated proudly, taking a mouthful of beef and potatoes. He soon regretted it due to the spice it contained, but he didn't show the discomfort in his mouth and continued to eat, sneaking a large drink of water. 

Howom nodded and hummed, picking up a piece of potato and twirling it between his two chopsticks, "Is something wrong?" Dongwoo asked, noticing the strange behavior of his boyfriend. 

Howom shrugged and stuck the potato in his mouth, "Nothing," he muffled out. He swallowed the soft, broth soaked piece before continuing, "It's just that you never call me Howon unless you are serious about something," he stated, "So what's on your mind?"

Dongwoo stiffened, and stiffened enough for Howon to feel, instantly confirming his suspicions of something serious on the elder's mind. He turned slightly to eye Dongwoo. 

Dongwoo smiled sheepishly, "Crap," he instantly thought. His actions were picked up on and he didn't know what to do now. He whipped up a quick lie, "What are you talking about? I've been thinking today. I never call you by your real name, just by your nickname," he wrapped his arms around Howon's waist and leaned forward to rest his head snugly against Howon's shoulder, "I just thought that maybe since our love is serious enough, I should call you by your real name, just a few times today."

'This is a load of bull,' Dongwoo thought, but Howon seemed to buy it some. In his mind, Dongwoo was odd and could pick up weird thoughts every now and then.

"Okay," the younger just shrugged and scooped up some more rice and beef onto his chopsticks to gingerly eat. 

Dongwoo mentally sighed and continued to eat his food, "So, how was your day?" he asked, taking a sip of his water. 

Howon swallowed his food and spoke, "Love filled, I guess. There were so many people in the hallways just, face. I wanted to gag really, but I do the same thing with you," he added, looking over his shoulder at the elder with a smile, "It's just that, they did it everywhere. I'm sure they could have done it later. It is a Friday and all."

Dongwoo laughed his signature laugh and said, "I'm sure we would have done the same thing. But, our classes aren't anywhere near each other. If we were to meet up, we would probably be late to class," Dongwoo nudged Howon's nape, enjoying the warmth it provided. 

Howon giggled, his nape had a very ticklish spot and was very sensitive. Dongwoo always liked to with it, and lucky him, he chose to do it now. Dongwoo nipped at the spot, making Howon squirm in his lap, "Quit!" he shouted at the elder, successfully hopping off of his lap. 

Dongwoo gripped his wrists and pulled him back down and wrapped his arms around the slim waist, "Where are you going?" he asked playfully. 

Howon pouted and folded his arms over his chest. He planned to give the silent treatment for just a bit before finally caving in and going back to being the cute little man he is. 

"I'm sorry," Dongwoo mumbled softly into Howon's shoulder. Howon only rolled his eyes and waved him off in response. 

He continued to eat and asked,  "How was your day, Dongwoo?" he reached back and poked the dinosaur's side to get a reaction. He pouted when he recieved none. 

"Pretty much the same as yours, except I was with Woohyun most of the day," he stooped his head lower to get a mouthful of food, "Did he tell you that he actually has a baby bump now?" Dongwoo asked in excitement. 

"No," Howon replied, feeling a bit hurt and disappointed that he wasn't told. He didn't let it bother him, though. It wasn't all that important yet, "Did you see it? Or even feel it?" 

Dongwoo nodded, "Yes! It's the tiniest little thing ever! If you just ran your hand over it and you didn't know he was pregnant, you probably couldn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter