Early

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

July 17 - 36 Weeks and 1 Day

"Less than two weeks now," Woohyun stated as he marked another day off of the shared calendar. It had days that Sunggyu had to go to work with the hospital as he shadowed pediactricians, days where Woohyun had doctor visits, days where they were supposed to have visitors and deliveries for baby items to come in the mail. Since Woohyun was bed bound, he had found a fondness of online shopping. In less than two weeks, Woohyun would be induced and their baby would be born and in this world. 

It was Thursday morning, around ten o'clock and Woohyun was up with Sunggyu as the elder dragged the trash outside before the garbage truck came to get it at 10:30. Woohyun didn't need to be awake, but he was since Jinkyoung was awake and squirming around inside of him. She was very active today, much more active than she usually was, which was saying something. She took no break as Woohyun felt her knee him in the side and kick him in the ribs. His hands were on his belly and it no longer felt soft and round like it had before. It still was, but now when Woohyun's hands rested on his belly, it was more like he was grabbing body parts. He could easily identify what part of his baby he was grabbing as soon as he touched it. His belly was perfectly round and smooth, but it felt so much more different than it had just two weeks ago. 

Sunggyu walked over to the male who was standing right in front of the calendar hanging on the wall above the sink and placed a small kiss against his cheek, a hand sneaking around to his front to feel along his fiance's round belly. Sunggyu could tell the difference as much as Woohyun could and it was exciting. It meant that Jinkyoung was almost here and he couldn't wait to hold his daughter in his arms, "I wish she would come sooner," Sunggyu stated, giving one last loving pat to Woohyun's belly before walking past the younger to go into the living room.

Woohyun smiled and almost wished the same, his own hands on his belly now. He was done being pregnant in all honesty. It was too exhausting and took a lot of energy. He missed being able to fit into his own clothes and not the ones he bought from the maternity section. He missed setting himself in one position for the night and sleeping the dark away in that same position. He missed going long periods of time without having to take a trip to the bathroom, and he missed being his own person. He had forgotten what is was like to not have a person move inside of him every other second, wake him up at ungodly hours of the night. It was all he was used to now. It would still be much different when there was a baby around him, still waking up at ungodly hours, but he would be his own person again. 

"I'm going to take a bath. My legs are sore and warm water would feel amazing," Woohyun cooed, waddling away. His preeclampsia wasn't doing him any good and a different part of his body hurt every day. Today it was his legs and he could feel something in his lower back. Warm water and relaxation would help soothe out the knots and dull the ache he felt. He was really looking forward to not feeling that anymore, too, "Want to join me?" he asked, hopeful.

Sunggyu could have jumped at the opportunity, but he had other things to do, "I would, but I have to cut the grass. Wanna wait for me? I'll be done in an hour and a half probably," he bargained, hoping that Woohyun would take the offer.

Woohyun frowned and pouted, bottom lip sticking out like a sore thumb, "I need a bath now, babe," he whined, hands rubbing along both sides of his very large belly, "Jinkyoung is really getting to me," he explained, there was no way he was going to wait that long. By then, he would hurt even worse and be immobile, "I'm sorry, I can't wait any longer. I feel like my legs are going to give out."

Sunggyu pouted back as well and shrugged, "Okay. I want you to be comfortable. Go and take a bath, I'll mow, and shower after I am done. I may even give you a little show afterward," Sunggyu joked, stance widening as he wiggled his hips and did a little dance to play with Woohyun. His arms waved in circles, attempting to be y. Woohyun maybe saw this same dance every other month. 

Woohyun laughed out loud as he watched his fiance ridiculously dance around. Woohyun wasn't that great of a dancer, but he definitely wasn't that horrible at doing so, "Please stop, Sunggyu! This is awful!" he yelled. Woohyun was suffering from second-hand embarrassment and was trying to shield his eyes with his hands so he didn't have to look at it anymore, "Jinkyoung better not have your awful dancing skills!" he prayed to God that she didn't inherit anything of the sort. She would be forced into every dance class Woohyun could find to try and straighten out her moves. 

Sunggyu finally stopped and laughed at himself and Woohyun, "You love it," he joked, turning to grab a snap back to keep his hair out of his face when he mowed. He walked towards the back, patio door and slid it open, "Hopefully, I can do this in an hour," he hoped. Mowing wasn't very fun when it was as hot as it was, but it had to be done before the rain storms that were predicted to be all next week. The grass would for sure grow to be too long and would prove to be a hassle to mow at that length, "I want to spend my whole day with you."

"I'd like that," Woohyun smiled, reaching up to take Sunggyu's hand in his. The elder reached out and took the smaller, swollen hand in his and smiled at how chubby the fingers had become. Sunggyu leaned forward and kissed the hand, then moving onto Woohyun's forehead where he placed a light kiss, "Now go, mow the grass. And then come back and we'll have lunch after you shower. Jinkyoung wants a burger," he laughed, hands rubbing around his very large belly. That's all he really wanted the past week was burgers and fries, the occasional milkshake.

Sunggyu smiled and waved as he headed out the back door. A pair of headphones hung around his neck, Sunggyu slipping one headphone into his ear and looked down at his phone to choose a song. He was out the door and Woohyun was alone in the house for the next hour or so. Sunggyu would come in for a drink maybe twice, but that was it. 

Woohyun sighed and hoisted himself off of the couch, hands on his back. He grimaced as his back ached and was uncomfortable, starting from the bottom of his back up to halfway through. It felt like Braxton Hicks, something that had been happening a lot recently as he got closer to the end of his pregnancy. It was never threatening, they were always mild. They passed after a minute and everything was back to normal. Baths usually calmed his body as it ached for that short minute, and he could enjoy the rest of the bath pain and discomfort free. Woohyun inhaled deeply and then made his way upstairs, waddling heavily with each step. 

Once in the bathroom, Woohyun set everything up for his bath. Woohyun loved the strawberry scented bath soap and the room flooded with the sweet scent of his favorite fruit. Woohyun hummed and rubbed along his belly where he could feel Jinkyoung moving, feet pressing up against the top of his belly. She was running out of room and reminded Woohyun of that every hour. 

Woohyun began to undress himself, carefully as he pulled off his pants, trying not to fall forward. He successfully did so and straightened up, almost hissing at the pain that shot through his sides and back, but it soon dulled to a slight discomfort. Woohyun's face was lopsided as he scrunched half if his face and waited for the bath to fill up with hot water, bubbles sitting up on top and swirling around as the water stirred. Once the bath was full to his liking, Woohyun turned off the steady stream of water running from the faucet and took one step into the warm bath. The heat traveled up his leg and Woohyun sighed as it comforted his aching body. Woohyun was quick to get the rest of himself in and relaxed against his back against the cool porcelain of the bath and exhaled deeply, enjoying how his body reacted to hot water. It easily dulled the ache in his body and he was quick to recover from the ache, Jinkyoung even stilling inside of Woohyun.

However, after ten minutes, the ache was back and stronger this time. Woohyun was taken aback by the amount of pain that presented itself in his back and lower abdomen. Woohyun had gasped and his hands went to wrap around his belly as he grit his teeth and tried to ride out the contraction. These were much stronger than any other contraction he had had before, and they were scary powerful. The only thing that made plausible sense for this pain was actual contractions, real labor. He was most likely in labor.

"Jinkyoung, now?" he asked as his hand traveled up and down his rotund belly. Jinkyoung was shifting around, but not enough for her to be active, it was more like she was traveling down Woohyun's body and this is when Woohyun officiated that he was in labor, "," Woohyun swore as he tried to shift to find a more comfortable position to no avail. His body was in shock at the actions it was taking to ready and prepare itself for active labor. His contractions weren't close, however, so he figured he could wait it out until the contractions were closer together before he told Sunggyu and panic his fiance. While Woohyun was trying to stay calm as he was sure Sunggyu was going to panic at the realization that they were finally having a baby. Woohyun grabbed his phone and watched the time carefully to time his contractions, real contractions. The next one he felt was fifteen minutes later, too far apart show up at the hospital. 

In the next thirty minutes, Woohyun had three more contractions, they had progressed quickly, the first two being fifteen minutes apart and then the next two being ten minutes apart. It had surprised Woohyun how fast they had progressed, but they had. His water had not broken yet, giving him some time to get to the hospital, and Sunggyu still had not come inside. 

After a minute or two, Sunggyu opened the door to the bathroom, sweaty and covered in grass clippings and a new tan evident in his cheeks. Sunggyu smiled upon seeing his fiance, but it was quick to drop when he saw the look of pain in Woohyun's face. Sunggyu almost dove to his knees and was next to Woohyun in a second, "What's wrong?" he asked in a panic already.

Woohyun grimaced and shifted slightly before explaining, "I'm in labor. Almost eleven minutes apart, and we should go to the hospital," Woohyun's voice was strained as he tried to lift himself out of the bath but ended up using Sunggyu's help, "Shower first and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter