Hurt

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June 16 - 31 Weeks, 5 Days

"We really just need a crib," Sunggyu listed as he and Woohyun walked through the baby botique store. Woohyuyn was getting into his nesting phase of his pregnancy, meaning he needed everything to be ready even though the possibility if Jinkyoung arriving was around eight to nine weeks. She was a while away still, but Woohyun's instincts were kicking in and everything needed to be right for when their daughter arrives. 

"Should we get a changing table, too? And those baby proof locks for the fridge and the door handles, maybe we need a highchair and a bouncer, too," Woohyun rambled off, listing things that they didn't even need yet. Jinkyoung wouldn't be walking for a least another nine months and she wouldn't need a high chair until she was able to sit up on her own. All she really needed were diapers, bottles, blankets, pacifiers, and a crib. She probably needed a few soft toys, but nothing else. Woohyun wanted everything to be perfect and in place, even if it wasn't needed. 

"How about we focus on the crib first, huh?" Sunggyu bargained, "She has everything else at home, we just need a crib. And last week you were telling me how unnecessary a changing table was when we could just use the floor, our bed, our laps. We don't need one."

"I still think we need one," Woohyun said again. His pregnancy brain that was starting to make him forget things as well as set these ideas in his head that sounded amazing to him, "The floor will be dirty and the bed is where we have and I don't want her to be in that bed," he unreasonably stated. Sunggyu laughed to himself, blocking it with his hand so that Woohyun wouldn't get sensitive and fight him about it. Most of the time, Sunggyu would guess that Jinkyoung would sleep in the bed with him and Sunggyu most nights after waking up every two hours. Woohyun wasn't very good about waking up and there was no way he was going to get up more than once a night to get Jinkyoung. And Sunggyu could only go get his daughter every now and then and then fatigue will take over. 

"How about on our next trip here? I don't think we'll have enough time today to get a crib and a changing table. Next time, alright?" Sunggyu diverged. Him and Woohyun were to go to lunch with Sunggyu's family today. They had been coomunicating with the couple more recently and they decided to take a much needed reunion. They hadn't seen each other since the beginning of March. They were going to catch up and talk about when Woohyun gives birth and how much more they will be around to see their new member of the family. Woohyun was most excited to see Aseok and Daeho the most. He was growing attached to every child he had seen recently. He had passed by a baby and his mother at the supermarket the other day and played with the baby when the mother was focusing on what brand of bread to buy. He had pouted the rest of the trip to the supermarket. 

"Okay," Woohyun finally gave in. He was too tired today to fight and he wasn't exactly feeling well either. His back was hurting as well as his feet and he was feeling sick to his stomach. It was common with his condition of toxemia and there were rarely days where he didn't feel sick and today was probably the best he had felt in days. He was able to keep down water, bread, and most soups. Woohyun had slurped down an entire bowl of potato soup with no shame and he loved every drop of it. Sunggyu had nibbled on a granola bar when he didn't dare touch Woohyun's "snack". 

"We won't be long and we can rest a bit before we have lunch in three hours," Sunggyu reminded Woohyun, squeezing the younger male's hand in reassurance, "I think you can make it until then, huh?" Sunggyu tried, then leaning over to place a kiss on Woohyun's temple. Sunggyu had to speak softly to Woohyun so he wasn't to upset him. Hormones were all raging and this was the worst part of the pregnancy so far, and it would only going to get worse.

"Okay," Woohyun pouted. His face was swelling up a bit and his lips were no exception, getting puffier and even poutier. His pouts were getting deeper and cuter every time he did them and Sunggyu honestly couldn't contain himself sometimes. He wanted to pinch Woohyun's puffy cheeks and kiss him all over. But alas, they were in public and had to stay a bit more contained and civilized, "I'm just tired. Ooh, look at that one!" Woohyun's demeanor suddenly changed when he caught sight of a crib that was painted bright, strikingly pink. Woohyun picked up speed and was soon next to the crib he liked and his hands gripped around the bar of the bed and he cooed as he looked inside. There were neatly folded sheets and padding agsint the bars to protect the baby if he or she happened to roll in their sleep. Woohyun could just picture Jinkyoung sleeping peacefully on her back in the crib, covered in a thin, white blanket that wouldn't make her too hot and would keep her warm enough, "Can't you just see her sleeping in here, Sunggyu?" Woohyun asked his fiance.

Sunggyu was already at Woohyun's side and his hand was placed against Woohyun's shoulder, holding it comfortably as he peered into the crib as well, "I can see her," Sunggyu smiled wide, "I can see her looking up at me when I hear her making little noises, not even crying. She looks so sweet and little in her pajamas," Sunggyu cooed lightly. He hugged Woohyun's side closer to him, "I can already see this crib in her nursery."

Woohyun was smiling as well, hands still on the bar of the crib. Woohyun was about to turn and tell Sunggyu that this was the crib they were meant to but, but never got to do it. Instead of speaking, Woohyun grimaced, right hand releasing the bar of the crib and then pressing against the bottom of his belly where he was feeling heavy pressure. It hurt, it hurt a lot. At first it felt like the wind was knocked out of him, but he was still able to breathe a little in between gasps as his body panicked at what just happened. His actions hadn't gone unnoticed and Sunggyu's face changed to pure shock as his hands were then on Woohyun's sides to straighten him out and keep him balanced.

"Whoa! You okay?" Sunggyu asked, voice dripping with worry as he held Woohyun up. Woohyun had been just fine and when he suddenly wavered it more than surprised him, "You almost doubled over, babe," he recalled as if Woohyun hadn't just lived through that. Sunggyu's hands were still gripping onto his younger fiance's sides as the worry only intensified. 

Woohyun's brows furrowed, the pain having subsided very quickly, diasappearing as soon as it arrived, "I don't know what just happened, I... I just felt-," before he continued, he again felt the pain, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter