You Make Me Feel Good

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun awoke with a start. His eyes flew open to absorb the dark surroundings of his room. His turned to the side to sneak at the time. The red, digital numbers on his alarm clock read six thirty in the morning. He still had another hour before Sunggyu would come and pick him up and make the drive up to the high school. He brought a groggy hand up and rubbed his forehead, yawning as he added his eyes. As he brought his hand down, Woohyun felt a burning sensation build up in his throat as nausea attacked his system. Woohyun threw his covers off and jumped out of bed, clasping a hand over his mouth that threatened to spill everything he ate last night.

He pushed his bedroom door and ran into the closest bathroom. He didn't bother to flip the light switch and headed straight for the toilet. Once his knees hit the cold, tile floor of the bathroom in front of the toilet, he exiled his dinner from his stomach that was eaten last night. He gagged as the next wave spilt all of the digested food into the porclein bowl. The smell was rotten and made him want to throw up more.

Once he started to calm down and his spilling stopped completely, he heard the shuffling of feet close by in the hallway. He hadn't closed the bathroom door in his rush to throw up so his sounds were most likely amplified as it echoed down the once quiet hallways. He listened as he heard the noise come closer and eventually it stopped outside the door. The bathroom light was and was followed by a woman's gasp. Woohyun weakly turned his head to face his mother who had woken up. 

Woohyun's mother stood in the door frame, with pure shock written on her thin face. She got down on her knees and rested the back of her hand on Woohyun's forehead. Her skin was cold against his flustered and worked skin. She shook her head and said, "You don't have a fever. What happened?" she asked with concern written on her face.

Woohyun shrugged and answered, "I don't know. I just woke up and suddenly, I'm here puking my guts out," Woohyun flushed the toilet and closed the lid, folding his arms over the porclein and resting his head on his arms, "I guess my food didn't agree with me," Woohyun smiled, even though he felt differently about the reson behind his sickness.

Mrs. Nam nodded slowly and said, "Well, I guess you won't be at school today then. You get to sleep in," she stood up and reached out her hand to help her son up. Woohyun accepted the hand and he half pulled, half let his mother pull him up and off the bathroom floor.

After Woohyun had brushed his teeth, he went back to his bed with the help of his mother. Woohyun slid under the covers of his bed and snuggled into his pillow as he let his mother run her fingers through his hair, "Do you need anything?"Woohyun shook his head and answered with a weak and tired no. She nodded and got up to go back to bed herself. 

Woohyun watched through the dim light as his mother left. Guilt ripped at his insides as he pondered about his sickness. He was almost ninety percent sure of what his sudden ill manner was, "Wait!" Woohyun said as he called out ot his mother. 

His mother stopped in her tracks and looked over her shoulder. She turned fully and walked back to his bed side, saying, "Yes?"

Woohyun buried himself in his covers as he tried to muffle his voice as he spoke, "I think I know why I'm sick."

 

 

It was Wednesday morning and like any other day. The sun was just barely up, but still Sunggyu chose to wake up early and drive Woohyun to school, just like every day. The younger's school starts at eight in the morning and his starts at ten o'clock for college courses. Sunggyu yawned as he turned his car into the neighourhood where the Nams lived. Knowing the route by heart, he was able to drive to the residence without thinking about it. Soon enough, Sunggyu pulled up into the driveway. 

He always loved the Nam household. It was a simple house, but inviting. The drapes were drawn back and anyone on the outside of the house could see straight inside the house. Mrs. Nam was standing nearby and caught sight of the silver car that Sunggyu drove. She gave a heartwarming smile and rushed to the door, making Sunggyu chuckle at her kindness. 

Sunggyu parked in the driveway and exited his car. He shut the door and snuggled into his winter coat as he adjusted to the cold air. It was the second week of December and soon would be Christmas and winter break. The college student was looking forward to winter break because he was going to be spending it with the Nams this year. He already had placed his presents for the family under their Christams tree that sat on their front living room. 

Sunggyu walked up to the front door of the house, but before he could even knock, the door was opened to reveal a short Mrs. Nam. Her face beamed in a smile as she wrapped her arms around the male. He smiled and returned the hug to the woman, she being like a second mother to him. Although, he had never gotten a greeting quite like this, wondering if something was up.

"Welcome, Sunggyu-ah," she greeted. She pulled away from the hug and before Sunggyu could say hello, she was already pulling him inside, saying, "Come in, come in. It is as cold as death out there!" Sunggyu chuckled at the comparison she used for the temperature outside. He shrugged the coat off his shoulders as soon as he felt the inside temperature of the house. 

It was incredibly hot inside. Sunggyu decided to take off his coat completely and he held it in the bend of his arm as he followed Mrs. Nam into the kitchen. He bowed to Mr. Nam, whom was sitting at the dining room table, working on some sort of puzzle that was always provided in the newspaper. Mr. Nam looked up and said, "Good morning, Sunggyu. It's good to see you."

"You too, Appa," Sunggyu said, calling him by the name he preferred. Mr. Nam smiled at the name. He thought of Sunggyu as his third son, after his real ones, Boohyun and Woohyun of course. But, he trusted Sunggyu to treat Woohyun right and he knew that this boy would never cause unecessary trouble. He also really liked Sunggyu. They often chatted and they had many similarities.

Mrs. Nam entered the dining room and handed Sunggyu a cup of hot chocolate, with a apologetic look on her face. Confused, Sunggyu stopped the short woman before she left again and asked, "What's wrong, Umma?" she seemed to relax a bit when she heard the nickname she also asked to be called by the young male.

She sighed deeply and said, "I feel bad that you woke up early and came all the way here to take Woohyun to school, I am truly grateful for that, but he is sick today. He was throwing up, not even thirty minutes ago and is now bed ridden. He won't be attending school today due to it," she pouted, making Sunggyu laugh seeing such an aged woman doing something so cute. 

Sunggyu's eyes then widened a bit. It was nothing major, but today was supposed to be a stressful day for Woohyun. The younger was supposed to have at least two end of the quarter exams before winter break started. He wouldn't just miss a day like that, "It's quite alright," Sunggyu reassured Mrs. Nam before continuing, "If you don't mind, I'll just be with him until I have to leave for my classes."

Mrs. Nam's face lit up and she clasped her hands in front of as she spoke, "Really? Please do, he seems so exhausted since then. He needs your comfort. Also, could you take this up to him, please," she handed Sunggyu a second mug of hot chocolate with whipped cream, just the way Woohyun liked it. 

Sunggyu nodded and said, "Of course! Thank you again, Umma, Appa," he nodded his head at both parents when he called their names. He turned carefully, not wanting to spill the still scorching liquid. Sunggyu managed to make it up ths stairs without spilling one drop of the brown drink that was for both him and Woohyun. 

When Sunggyu was at Woohyun's door to his room, he held both of the coffee mugs filled with hot chocolate in one hand and nocked on the wooden surface with his free hand, waiting for a reply. He heard a weak "Come in," sound through the door. He opened the door with his free hand and looked inside. 

The room was dark, but was beginning to light up just as the sun rose. He could see Woohyun lying on his bed, no sign of movement. He was laying on his side, under some of the covers. The rest just hung off of his body loosely to the side, revealing his bare chest. His legs were brought up so that Woohyun could hug them and curl into the fetal position. Sunggyu could also see the tired and sick looking face of the younger. 

As soon as the younger realized who was at the door, he straightened up a bit more, but with difficulty since he was still tired and worn out from violently ridding his body of his stomach's contents earlier this morning. He still shared a smile that showed his happiness for the presence of the elder. 

Sunggyu rushed to Woohyun's side and sat down, setting the mug of hot chocolate on Woohyun's bedside table next to a pair of his many glasses. He reached out and grabbed Woohyun's hand, bringing it to his lap as he asked, "Are you okay? Are you feeling any better?" he scooted closer so he could help Woohyun sit up properly.

Woohyun nodded and said, "I'm fine now. I think I'm able to go to school?" the younger rested a hand on Sunggyu's knee as he used it to help him move. He only managed to move his feet over a few inches before Sunggyu was pushing him gently back down onto the bed. Woohyun looked up into the elder's eyes and asked, "What?"

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun with an expression that read his doubt for the younger's claim, "Really? You are still weak. You're not going to school today and instead you get to stay home and rest. You can study some more for your exams tomorrow," Sunggyu made sure that the younger was set in his bed as he pulled the covers up to cover his bare chest.

Woohyun pouted as he thought of taking the exams tomorrow. He had no other classes tomorrow that he needed to attend and he had a free period, so he supposed that he could finish the tests tomorrow. He continued to pout and Sunggyu smiled, thinking of how cute the younger looked. He leaned forward and kissed the pout, making it disappear. 

Woohyun snuggled in his pillow and he turned back to lay on his side. His eyes landed on the mug that was set on his nightstand. He smiled and knew instantly that his mother sent the nug up with Sunggyu to give to him. He reached out from under the covers and pointed the ceramic cup, "Is that mine?" he asked, even though he already knew.

Sunggyu looked over and his eyes lit up. He had forgotten about the drink and he nodded. He reached over and cupped the mug in his hands, feeling how the cup had cooled down a significant amount since he last touched it. He brought it over to Woohyun and said, "Your mother made it the way you like it," he brought hte cup up to Woohyun's lips, letting the younger diligently drink.

Woohyun smiled as he felt the soft whipped cream collect on his upper lip. He sipped the warm liquid, the drink cooled down to the temperature he liked. He brough this hand up and set it under the mug, letting Sunggyu slowly slide his own hand off the cup, making sure Woohyun was holding correctly. Woohyun drank faster once he had contr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter