Quit Your Job

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February 24 - 15 Weeks and 5 Days

It was a Monday afternoon. Nothing much really happened on Mondays but then again, it was the worst day of the week in many people's opinion. Having to start everything up again after getting to rest and lounge around the house during the weekend. The first productive day of the week and it set many people off to a bad start, usually getting better by Tuesday. 

This was the case with a certain Nam Woohyun. The said male entered Sunggyu's house with heavy feet as he dragged himself inside. His feet were killing him because he had been on them all day at school and work, leaving his feet throbbing and swollen. He took an extra shift that lasted until ten o'clock, leaving him all alone, leaving all the cleaning up to do for him. He had just finished and finally gotten home at eleven. 

He toed off his shoes onto the rack and headed towards the couch where he proceeded to crash, laying out fully and taking up all the space the furniture provided for himself. Woohyun had no homework to do just yet and figured he could finish it tomorrow before school with the group. He reached down and rested his hand on his small baby bump where his baby was currently still. His belly was round and harder to hide, a nice mound of baby growing underneath Woohyun's skin. It was harder to hide at this point, but Woohyun expected that from the beginning. 

Woohyun was thankful for the quiet atmosphere that his house provided. After spending a night in a bustling and busy kitchen, it was quite the pleasant difference. Sunggyu was supposedly in Busan for a class trip until tomorrow morning, having the next day off, so Woohyun was all alone. Or so he thought. 

As Woohyun started drifting off to sleep, someone spoke from behind the couch and scared the living day lights out of him. He jumped into a sitting position, stirring the once asleep baby inside him. The baby started squirming and shifting inside him as if telling Woohyun to not disturb him so suddenly. Woohyun's hand was again on his bump, attempting to calm his baby down. 

"Where were you?" the unexpected house guest asked. Upon hearing however, Woohyun instantly recognized the voice as Sunggyu's. He turned to face the elder and was a surprised to see the male with a trace of anger in his façade, "Well, where were you?" he asked again, this time with more force. 

"I was at work," Woohyun answered nonchalantly, "I took a late shift and I was alone at the restaurant, so I cleaned up by myself," he was fixing himself to lay back down against the cushions to relax again, "I'm home now. Why are you even home? You weren't supposed to be home until tomorrow morning." 

"We came home early, weather was bad in Busan," Sunggyu huffed quickly. Sunggyu was also not pleased hearing Woohyun's answer. He rounded the couch to stand in front of Woohyun to confront him, "Why on earth are you working?" he asked, sounding the slightest bit angry. Which was due to the fact that he was actually trying not to blow up on the younger and keeping his anger inside so he could have an adult conversation with his boyfriend. 

Woohyun sat up again, resting his back against the larger cushions, "So I can have money for the baby," he stated as if it were obvious. It made sense that he wanted to make some extra money for the baby expenses in the future, but Sunggyu was completely lost on the matter to why he tried, "Babies are not cheap and we need as much help as we can get." 

"Why? I have money," Sunggyu stated, sounding much more calm than before, and even looking a lot calmer. He moved to sit next to Woohyun on the small couch, "We can get by and more with the money I posess. You have no need to go and work to get more, babe. Just rely on me." 

Woohyun furrowed his brows in a bit of confusion, "So, we're both just relying on the money that your parents gave you and not the hard earned money that we should really work for?" he shifted to the side so he was able to face the elder, "I'm sorry, but I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I don't want to live like that, Sunggyu. I want to feel like I've done something for the baby." 

Sunggyu shrugged and argued calmly, "Well, I just don't want you to stress yourself out or do anything to harm yourself and/or the baby," he seemed more understanding after hearing it from the younger, but he was still pressing towards his suggestion, "So, to provide a safe environment at all times for you, I want you to quit your job and just relax." 

Woohyun was taken aback, "And why should I quit?" he was completely shocked and was beginning to feel anger boil up inside of him. 

Sunggyu gestured forward to emphasize his meaning, "I want you to quit so that you and the baby are safe." 

Woohyun pulled a face that read confusion as well as frustration, "So, you don't want me to work because it's a harm to me and Lemon?" Sunggyu nodded his head, frustrating Woohyun even more, "If that were the case, should I drop out of school, too? Should I just lay in bed all day, too?" he was beginning to blow this way out of proportion, but to be fair, Woohyun was tired, cranky, sore, hormonal, and his mood swings were active. If he were none of those things, he would be speaking more calmly and would be more civil. 

Sunggyu furrowed his brows,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter