First Day

His Other Half

Taecyeon POV

I woke up up to Junho's nagging and pulling at me to get up.

Today was my first day of school with him and he seemed quite excited for some reason. Probably because high school was filled with hot chicks we could pick up anytime; at least, that's what was on my mind when I enrolled.

Wearing only sweatpants, I tread into the dining room.

Living in a crammed apartment with my best friend and his parents wasn't exactly someone's  idea of a 'comfortable' life, but I strangely enjoyed it; basically any place where my parents weren't at was fine with me.

They kicked their own son out of the house, leaving him for dead on the streets. That fact still causes me pain, but I'd become a pro at hiding my feelings.

I sat down at the table and ate leftovers from the night before. We couldn't exactly buy anything we wanted around here; what with low pay and stuff.

"So Taecyeon, ready for your first day today?" adoptive Umma asked eagerly. I've grown to call her 'Umma' but from time to time, I referred to her as 'adoptive Umma.'

I shrugged. I didn't want to answer, mainly because I was concentrated on the food in front of me. I didn't give a about school anyway; it could go die in a hole.

"We're probably gonna just flirt with girls all day, right bud?" Junho patted me on the back.

His parents shot him a disapproving look and he immediately changed his attitude. "I mean, get good grades and study and all, right Taec hyung?"

I snickered quietly at his embarrassment. Though Junho was in the most notorious gang in Korea with me, he was still a good, little mama's boy. His parents didn't know of it at all, maybe that's why.

After leaving the dishes to Umma, Junho and I walked out the door.

"Hyung, I'm sorry about what happened in there," Junho said sincerely. I burst out laughing.

"What? The fact that you're still loyal to your parents?" I asked, half bitterly.

He glared at me but heard my undertone and just dropped the subject. "Wanna race to school?" he challenged.

I beat the little runt by a long shot.

(._.) ( :I ) (.-.) ( I: ) (._.)

Upon entering the school office for my schedule and Junho leaving me to get to his class (helpful lad, ain't he?), the secretary had dropped to the floor the entire time I was in there. I only smirked and thanked her for being a lovely helper; yeah, I admit, I can play women well.

However, stepping out of the office and searching the halls leisurely for my classes, I stopped and noticed a particular girl at her locker. Though her back was to me, I couldn't believe it.

The girl was Hara, just casually brushing her hair. How I recognized her, I'll keep a secret for now. Something about her parents.

After talking to her and clarifying that it really was 'the' Goo Hara, I rushed away from her as fast as I could; I didn't need any questioning on my first day.

The only reason I began attending school was Junho's parents. They practically begged me to get an education and socialize or what. Thinking 'what the hell,' I somehow wounded up here.

Anyway, Hara's looks changed majorly over the years (so not a bad thing). She's gotten foxier since the last time I saw her, like a walking Aphrodite goddess or something.

I didn't realize where I was going until I bumped into somebody. The force made me a bit dizzy but I adjusted my vision quickly enough to see that it was a male student.

"Sorry," I mumbled, wiping off my clothes.

The other guy laughed and waved his hand. "Ah it's alright," he brushed off my insincere apology, "you're Ok Taecyeon?"

I frowned. If I recalled clearly, I'd never met this person before. "Um, yes," I answered straightly.

"Oh Hyung, you are in my class! The teacher already announced of your arrival. Here, I'm headed to my locker; why don't you come with?" he offered kindly.

I held back from complaining, knowing that I had to then walk back the way I came. "Sure, I'm in no rush," I said indifferently.

He grinned brightly, showing me his eye smile, and gestured for me to follow. 

While walking, I forgot we left out one other important thing. "Who are you...what's your name?" I questioned him.

"I'm Jang Wooyoung," he introduced as if it was obvious. I saw and heard arrogance in his behavior and tone so I automatically developed a dislike for him.

Stopping in front of his locker, Wooyoung opened it and first took out, of all things, a pocket knife. He opened and pointed it toward me.

Jumping back with gang reflexes, I searched around for cameras; there weren't any. Huh, a safe learning environment this school had.

Wooyoung glared at me with eyes full of pure hatred.

"You better watch your back, Ok Taecyeon," he warned threateningly, "stay away from Hara Goo. I saw you two together and don't even think about acquainting her." 

I just stared at him, a smug grin slowly forming on my face. "What? You jealous?"

In the blink of an eye, Wooyoung had me pinned against the wall with the knife against my throat; I didn't even have time to counter.

He rolled his eyes and said, " I know what you did to her parents. And if you do anything like that to her, I swear it will be the last crime you ever commit."

The smirk fading, my eyes widened and lips parted in shock. "I...I...how?" I was at a loss for words and needed an explanation.

"Just stay away from her and mind your own damn business," Wooyoung demanded. Then he grabbed a textbook from his locker, shut it, and left me standing stock-still in the hall.

To be honest, I was dumbfounded for once. I overcame the shock quickly though and shook my head. What a lovely first day.

(._.) ( I: ) (.-.) ( :I ) (._.)

Unwillingly going after Wooyoung to class, I thought of something.

Wooyoung must really like Hara; that's why he doesn't want me to get close and befriend her. Ha! The runt already knows I'm better than him. I chuckled to myself.

Entering the room, all eyes in there turned in my direction.

Girls gaped at the side of me; I stood up straighter. I wasn't fazed as new students always were, but I didn't like being the center of attention. It gave me a feeling of (believe it or not) insecurity.

"Ah, our student has arrived." The teacher finally noticed me and paused the lesson. "You will be sitting next to Hara Goo." She gestured to the girl at the back. Thank goodness I wasn't in the front.

It was then that realization hit me like a lightning strike.

Wooyoung must've known I would be sitting with her so he gave me the warning ahead of time. That, and for what I did to her parents.

I walked gingerly to the desk, Wooyoung watching me with hawk eyes, and sat down.

Hara moved her books aside to make room and the teacher continued her lecture.

"Hi," I greeted awkwardly. After our first encounter in a while, Hara was bound to think strangely of me.

To my surprise, she didn't. "Hey, we didn't get to properly introduce ourselves; you know, with you running off like that. By the way, I prefer Hara Goo or just Hara." She winked at me. Goddamn, did she look y.

"Okay, just Hara." I smiled childishly at her. She must've forgotten about me over the years for the sight of me didn't faze her at all anymore. That hurt.

Hara rolled her eyes and went back to taking notes.

I looked toward the front of the room and swore, "."

She looked at me with alarm. "What?"

I turned to her once again and asked politely, "Do you have paper and a pencil I can borrow?"