New Student

His Other Half

Hara POV

"HARA!!!" someone shouted in my ear. I jumped and almost rolled off the bed.

Opening my eyes groggily, I saw Dara unnie already trying to pull the blanket off me. "You look adorable when drooling with your mouth open," she observed.

I groaned, letting my head fall back on the pillow and closing my eyes. "5 more minutes," I pleaded.

"No, I have a meeting to go to! Plus I'm driving you, remember?" she reminded me.

I frowned in my sleep. "When did I say that? I can take myself," I declared, knowing I have a license of my own.

"Uh-uh," she argued, "it's Friday and I am not letting you die before the weekend." I shot her a glare before finally sitting up.

"Good girl," Unnie praised me, "now be ready in 10 minutes!" And left the room.

Making sure she's completely gone, I fell back into the pillows.

(._.) ( :I ) (.-.) ( I: ) (._.)

After deciding on a sweatshirt and jeans, I ambled downstairs to find Unnie and her parents already setting the table for breakfast. They'd cooked eggs and bacon. My favorite.

Sitting at the table, Unnie's parents asked, "So Hara, anything exciting going to happen?"

I laughed and shook my head, "Probably not, just the same ol' routine."

"I heard there's a new student coming in," her umma chimed in. She volunteered at the school often so it's no wonder she knew about the gossip that went around.

"Who is it?" I asked, mouth full of food. Unnie handed me a napkin; I gave her an annoyed look.

Umma shrugged. "No idea, it could be just a rumor," she stated uncertainly.

I hope I can meet this person, I thought excitedly. I enjoyed meeting new students; I'd always wanted to assist people and befriend them in any way I could.

Cleaning and putting away the dishes, Unnie and I headed out the door to the car.

(._.) ( :I ) (.-.) ( I: ) (._.)

Pulling into the student dropoff, Unnie planted a kiss on my cheek and wished me, "Have a good day!" Stepping out, I inhaled the fresh air and walked toward the school.

My last year. That was still too much for me to handle. I couldn't bear to part with the place where I met all my friends. We would all be taking our own paths after graduation. I was planning to attend university, maybe study abroad, and become a businesswoman like Dara unnie.

Skipping to my locker, I opened it and glanced at the mirror that was hung up inside.

Not only did I pay attention to my grades, but also to my appearance. I wanted to make a good impression on the freshmen before I said goodbye to high school. Becoming a role model and having an impact on lives was my main objective; next to being a wealthy businesswoman.

While straightening the tangles out of my hair, I noticed a boy standing in the corner of the glass frame. Turning around, I dropped the brush and gaped at the sight before me.

There, standing only a few feet away from me, was a strikingly gorgeous man (er, boy) staring directly back at me. I'd never seen him before; he must've been the new kid.

His sharp, perfectly-angled facial features made him appear especially masculine and attractive. The large ears were adorable in contrast to everything else. That gelled, dark hair of his looked mature and hot. And don't even get me started on his body! This guy was ripped all over; huge muscles and toned abs (do not ask how I know, I just do).

The boy was dressed formally; with a button-down shirt that accentuated his firm upper body and tight yet loose dress pants. He literally looked like the ideal boyfriend and son-in-law that parents would want. I giggled internally at that thought.

Before I realized it, the guy was walking toward me in long strides and suddenly stood in front of me. He bent down, picked up the brush, and held it out to me.

"I believe you dropped this?" It was more of a statement rather than a question. God, his voice was deep and had a seductive tone underneath.

"Uh..." I responded stupidly. Snapping out of it, I rubbed my eyes. "Oh! Um yeah, I'm sorry," I apologized sincerely. Pabo! I scolded myself. Normally I didn't try to act cute around guys, but somehow this man (I mean 'boy!') was different.

He chuckled. y. "My name's Ok Taecyeon," he introduced himself, taking my hand and placing a kiss on it. "And you are?"

I blushed. The move was cheesy, yes; but from him, it was charming. "Hara," I answered shortly.

"Hara...?" Taecyeon dragged until I got the message.

"Goo," I put in quickly. He fell into thinking when I said that.

"Hara...Goo. Goo Hara." Taecyeon suddenly breathed in sharply and turned away from me abruptly.

"What is it?" I asked in confusion. Taecyeon seemed at ease, but when I mentioned my name, his beautiful muscles tensed. I repressed the urge to run my hands over them.

"Ah, nothing." He spun back with a smirk on his face now. "I'll see you later then, Hara Goo or Goo Hara; whatever you prefer." And walked away, leaving me in the middle of the empty hallway.

"Hara Goo!" I shouted after him. Taecyeon waved a hand.

And that was my odd first meeting with the handsome Ok Taecyeon.