Jealousy

His Other Half

Wooyoung POV

I kept glancing toward the back of the room at Hara and Taecyeon.

Hara was my best friend and seeing the bastard sitting next to her made my blood boil. I just wanted to strangle the guy! How I know him, I'll keep a secret for now.

Anyway, we were assigned to do an activity from the book with the person sitting next to us.

I was to work with, of all people, Shindong. All the guy did was sneak food from his bag up to his mouth. It's disgusting especially since we had the same lunch period.

Hara was supposed to obviously work with Taecyeon.

In my opinion, it didn't look like the pair were getting along so far for Hara seemed to be annoying the hell out of him. He just sat back in his chair, rolling his eyes constantly. That's my girl.

She caught my eye and offered a smile as a sign of reassurance. Taecyeon noticed and immediately jumped into work. Huh, Hara made an quite an impression on him, didn't she? I smirked.

"Okay, Shindong," I said to the pig next to me, "share with me some food and I'll do your work for the rest of class."

(._.) ( I: ) (.-.) ( :I ) (._.)

When the bell rang, the students stood and hurried out the door, desperate to get to their next class. Typical newbies.

I leisurely walked over to Hara's desk. Unfortunately, Taecyeon was still in the room.

"Hey." I greeted only my friend, ignoring the big stud beside her.

"Hiya, Woo." She pinched my cheek; I made a face.

"You still going to Doojoon's senior party tonight?" I asked her. Since it was the beginning of our last year in high school, Doojoon decided to host an event for the seniors; to remember and cherish our sweet memories together.

"Definitely! What kind of stupid question is that, pabo?" She punched my arm this time. She was aggressive for a pretty, petite girl.

"Why don't you come, too, Taecyeon oppa?" Hara addressed the outcast now. You can't deny her determination to be friendly to everyone.

He raised his eyebrows, surprised that someone was even talking to him. I was puzzled because he's still there.

"Um...why should I?" he asked in a smartass tone.

Yeah, Hara. Why should he? I tried sending that question to her through a glance. It didn't work.

"Well, since you're obviously new to the school, it's a great opportunity to meet and make friends, not to mention that you'd totally pass for a senior," Hara explained.

I repressed a sigh. She had a point, but I still didn't approve.

"Well to be honest, Hara Goo, I think I'm better off without friends," Taecyeon declared coolly, then added, "and, I am a senior." I snorted quietly.

"Oh, sorry." Her expression dropped, disappointed. "Okay, but if you change your mind..." She took out a piece of paper, wrote on it, and handed it to him. "Doojoon's house is at this address. It starts at 7:00. I hope you can go; plus, there's no curfew."

The bastard took the paper and examined it. Then he gave Hara a strange look and finally grinned.

"Thanks, Hara Goo," Taecyeon said, "I promise I'll consider it." With that, he winked at her, gave me an expressionless stare, and walked out by himself.

When I made sure the douche was gone, I turned to my best friend. "Was that really necessary? You should've just left him alone."

Hara shot me a disapproving look. "Oppa, if you know me, which you have for years now, you'd realize that I want to be able to help people feel comfortable and accepted; no matter their attitude and-"

"Or is it just because you like him?" I interupted rudely.

She paused and fell into thinking. A flirty smile crept onto her face and Hara pulled me by the arm out of the room.

"C'mon, we're going to be late." That was all she said.