Headlight Incident

Night Episodes

Title: Headlight Incident (Fanxing)

Summary: He was being stalked by a car he had never seen in their neighbourhood before.

 

 

 

Headlight Incident:

     -You should never leave your car open...

 

 

 

 

Yixing pulls out the bags out his cart and took his time placing them inside his car’s compartment while he hummed a cheerful tune. He was glad the supermarket in his neighbourhood is open until midnight or else the rest of his system crack up work isn’t going to come out properly without food in his belly.

 

So he closes the compartment and skips towards the driver’s seat. Being the oblivious one he is; he didn’t even pay attention to the unlocked door. He starts the engine and then something caught his attention from his side mirror.

 

There was a black Volvo parked across his old Chevy and a man, dressed in black sweater and jeans, slid in it and due to the night’s starless sky; no light supported his vision to see the man’s face. He only saw a pool of blonde hair before the man himself disappeared inside his own car. Yixing then reminded his self he could be seen watching because of his clear-tinted windows so he turned forward.

 

It was only a small district so Yixing knew the usual supermarket visitors at the hour and he finds the car too unfamiliar. The establishment’s only source of light was the neon sign on front and the white ones from the inside so Yixing now felt aware of the darkness around him. There were no more people lurking around the street so he was starting to scare himself.

 

He fumbled with his keys and hurriedly turned the engine on and pulled out from the driveway.

 

Yixing drove towards the dark street and sighs in relief every time he passes by a street lamp. The car he saw before was now also behind him. Yixing thinks he was going to overtake but then again he was surprise the stranger didn’t.

 

Until of course he noticed how the car was now too close behind him. Yixing froze when the headlight of the car also , blaring the insides of his car with brightness. Yixing tensed as to why the stranger was doing it so he sped up. He was afraid to even look at his side mirror now. The light continued to intrude his car and this time, Yixing looked at the rear but the car then turns off the headlight.

 

Yixing focused back on the road and continued ignoring the car behind him. He was trying to ignore the growing nervousness inside him and he was over his speed limit while the black Volvo continued keeping up with him.

 

It wasn’t long before the headlight turns on again and surprised Yixing once more.

 

Yixing was now getting more anxious. His hands shook as he waited, for the sign his house was a minute away, to come. The Volvo continued its ministrations, frequently turning his headlights on and off and freaks Yixing further.

 

When Yixing reached his house and stopped on the parking lot in front, the car that stalked him parked a few distance away. Yixing thought for awhile what to do. Sprint towards his house or stay until his interrogator came for him instead?

 

Yixing chose the former.

 

He comes out his seat almost in second and grabbed his grocery bags. At the corner of his eye he could see the driver coming out. His breathing quickens as he closes his compartment and ran for his door.

 

Yixing regained his normal breathing when he locked the door before him. He leans his body on the massive mahogany before deciding what to do, his heart still beating in quickened pace.

 

He could hear his car’s door open and Yixing face-palmed as he forgot to lock his car. But knowing he has his keys, he thought for a second on why would the stalker get in his old Chevy?

 

And then footsteps.

 

Yixing at sounds but he was pretty sure the footsteps came nearer and nearer.

 

And they stopped right in front of his door.

 

Gripping the latch, Yixing braces himself for what to come or try to bang on his door. And then suddenly, a piece of paper slipped under the safe obstacle. Yixing stared at it and then curiosity killed when he looked through his peephole. The man was facing his back now and all Yixing saw again was the styled blonde hair, the owner walking away from his door.

 

Yixing crouched down on the floor to see the paper’s content and then read,

 

“Sorry. New to the area and saw this guy with a knife at your backseat so I tried warning you with my headlight. He goes back hiding when I turn it on. It was a good decision you ran in your house immediately. I called the police and they’re on him now.

What a way to start a friendship, huh.

 

-Kris.”

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Yup it’s short, I know. I don’t remember the exact thing but I read this also from creepypasta but forgot the title now, my friend told me this story again so I kinda was reminded and used it for Night Episodes.

 

Other creepy stories are: Mr. Widemouth, Sleeping Application, & The Dancing Devil.