A New Bond

307 Letters (on hiatus)

"Chaerin ah, wake up!", she only groaned as a response. Geez. She sure is someone who's hard to wake up.

I tried to hit her pillow, but she only rolled over to the corner. I tried to to slap her in her arm yet she just ignored me. Fine then.

“Chaerin there’s fire!!”, I screamed at the top of my lungs.

“Huh?! What?!”, she quickly stood up, jolted and then started running to the hall ways. Then I heard her footsteps coming back to the room. I saw her staring coldly and blankly at me. I was trying to hold it back I couldn’t that I burst out lauging!

“Hahaha! Y-Y-you sh-should-ve s-se-een y-your…” I still couldn’t muster the words properly for I kept laughing and laughing at her. “… f-face” Really, her face was rvery funny, it was shocked at the same time

“Oh, so you think that’s funny huh?”, she raised a brow looking at me, Oh geez, this won’t be good. She slowly walked towards me.

“Ch-Chae?”, I gulped.

She then quickly placed her fingers at my waist and started to tickle me. “So you think that was funny huh?”, she didn’t stop, I was already rolling on the floor.

“O-Okay. I’m S-sorry. Just stop!” I was still laughing when I said those words. Then we heard the door opened. It was Chaerin’s mom.

“Girls, you better hurry. You don’t want to be late for your first day, do you?” we both nodded and stood up, following after her.

 

 

“So do you think we would be classmates?”, she asked while finding a spot for her to park. “Uhmmm, hope so” I really hope we would be. Because I’m really shy towards stranger, and she would be a big help for me of adjusting here. You can’t blame me, I haven’t been here for a while.

After parking, we both hopped off her car and proceeded inside the school campus. When we entered, different types of persons were there. Of course, your typical, normal school.

“Come on, we better see our schedule”

 

 

“I see, so we have three same class.” She handed me back my own schedule. Then the bell suddenly rang.

“I’ll see ya’ later. Kay?”, I just nodded. Too bad, I wouldn’t be with her in my first class.

 

 

I sat at one corner of the room. I felt comfortable this way. Besides, it’s as if someone would be willing to sit beside me. But suddenly, someone tapped me on my shoulder. I was surprised at what I saw.

“Hey”, the man said.

Yes, it was him. Yup, the one I saw at the park before. I thought I was just seeing things. But no, it was real.

“Hey”, I responded. “Why? Is there something wrong? You like as if you saw a ghost”,

“Uh no. Because… I thought back in the park, you were just some of my imagination”, he only chuckled at my words.

“Oh really?”, I only nodded, still looking at him. It was getting awkward and suddenly, the professor came in. Thank goodness!

 

And of course, as usual, we introduced ourselves one by one, discussed about the subject matter and others, just what you usually in your first day. But it wasn’t that bad, I also got to know more about… Seunghyun. Yup, Seunghyun’s his name. He’s actually a really nice guy. And I’ve come to know that he’s really kind-hearted. And, he’s also quite… cute. Fine, I’ll admit he’s good-looking, but that’s all. It’s not like I really like him. I just see him as a friend.

 

 

For the next class, we weren’t classmates, but I was with Chaerin and that’s fine. She asked me about how my first class went. Then I told her about what happened earlier. But then she gave me this teasing smile with an annoying smirk.

“I think he likes you”, she teased

“Pffft. Yeah Right, as if someone would really like me”, I rolled my eyes.

She nodded then said, “And maybe you do too”

“What???!”, I exclaimed. Suddenly all of our classmate’s attention was focused on us. Of course I was embarrassed and said sorry to them.

“*tsk* *tsk* You know it’s alright if you like him. If you want, I can help you”, I stared daggers at her but she only gave me that innocent look of hers.

“*sigh* Chaerin, it’s the very first day of school and I don’t want to be involved in such things. Besides, were just FRIENDS”, I emphasized the word, ”And first of all, we’ve just met”

“Yeah right”, she rolled her eyes.

 

 

Blah Blah Blah, you know what already happened. And it was starting to bore me. We introduced ourselves, discussed about… whatever. I don’t care. I’m just not that really active in class. I know I promised my mother that I would study real hard in this college, but you can’t blame me, besides I always get good remarks at the end anyway.

 

 

 

“Hey, where’s Seunghyun?”, Chaerin asked while munching one of her fires. Right now, we’re here seated at table at the cafeteria.

“Oh there he is!”, I pointed to the guy approaching our table. Seunghyun.

“Where have you been?”, she asked again

“Oh, I have to drop off some things in my locker. And by the way, Bom”, Seunghyun turned his attention to me,

“Here.”, handed me a pen, “You dropped this. And I believe this is yours”, he said and then continued eating,

“Thanks”, I replied.

All throughout the lunch break, the three of us talked about ourselves. We also got to know each other better and deeper. Though I know there’s still secrets that hasn’t been told. But regardless, I feel that we’re starting to get closer and a bond’s starting to form.