A Memory in a Gift

307 Letters (on hiatus)

 

“Eomma, jebal. Please I really want to go to that College! It’s been my dream to enter that college, and this is a once in a lifetime opportunity!” Bom said with pleading eyes and pouting, kneeling in front of her mother.

Bom’s mom sighed before she said, “Bom… I-I can’t. It just worries me a lot. And you know I wouldn’t be able to sleep without knowing what you’re doing or where you a---“,

“Eomma…” Bom’s face became serious .“I promise I’ll text and update you everyday and call you during free time. And you don’t have to worry about my school fees, I promise I’ll be responsible enough and find a free-time job” Bom still pleading and kneeling.

“*sigh* Fine..” Bom’s mom finally gave in. “Yay!” Bom jumped and cheered in happiness. She kissed her mom in her cheeks.

“But don’t forget about what you promised, okay? And NO BOYS! You’ll be living in a girls’ dorm okay?” Bom nodded in Agreement.

“You’ll be leaving in four days…” Bom’s mom sighed again, still worried about her daughter. Bom quickly pack her things. She know she’ll miss her mother, her home, and her memories in this place, but this is a once in lifetime opportunity, she can’t just let it go. And school’s gonna start in 2 weeks. She already planned and prepared herself for this.

Within a day, she already prepared half of her things.

While she was folding some of her clothes, her mom came in. “Uhmm, Bom.” Mrs. Park handed her a card with an address written on it. “It’s the place where you’ll be staying in Seoul. I have a close friend back in high school and I heard she owns a dormitory and a café. You can probably work and stay there. I already talked to her and said, it was fine in fact she glad. In case there are any emergencies just call me, and—“

 “Eomma… It’s fine, I’m fine. You don’t have to worry about me. Look I’m already starting college.” Bom cutted.

Mrs. Park’s face frowned a bit and a teardrop fell from her eyes. “I just don’t want to lose another person that I love and value very much” She hugged bom and kissed her in her forehead.

Bom remembered again, the things that happened in her past.

When his father died due to a car accident, it almost took her and her mother a year to move on and live normal lives again, when they moved to Japan, where her grandmother lives. And not long after that her grandmother also died from a heart disease. Right now, it’s just her and her mother.

 

Mrs. Park left the room to prepare dinner.

While they’re having dinner, the two of them talked about what Bom should and shouldn’t do, like her curfew, she should already be back at her dorm at 10:00 pm. And always update her mom on what’s happening at the moment. And other things.

After that they went to bed and slept.

 

 

When they woke up, they had breakfast, and after that Bom invited her best friend Dara to come over to her house.

After a few minutes, their doorbell rang. Bom quickly opened the door and saw Dara.

“Hey!” Dara greeted.

“Hey” then she entered the house.

“Goodmorning Mrs. Park.” Bom’s mother was cleaning the house that time.

“Oh Goodmorning Dara”.

Then Bom and Dara proceeded to Bom’s bedroom upstairs.

“I’m glad you were able to convince your mother about going to that college.” Dara sat next to Bom in the bed, while Bom's still preparing her things.

“Yeah”.

“But you’ll be leaving here, and you’ll be leaving… Me” Dara’s smile turned into a frown. “If only I could come with you.”

“Oh come on, don’t be sad. You know I hate seeing you like that. Don’t worry, I’ll call and text you as much as I can. We can chat online and use Skyepe And of course I won’t forget you, after all those memories you and I made and share together, how can I forget you” Bom tried to cheer up her friend.

Then they hugged other.

“Promise you’ll come to the airport before I fly to Seoul”

“I promise” they made the ‘pinky swear’ and their 'bestfriends forever' handshake.

"Oh by the way" Dara reached something in her pocket. "Here I made this" She showed Bom a mall keychain with a picture attached on it.

"Oh wow. Its beautiful" Bom was amazed on how cute the keychain looked like.

"It's the picture when we were both at the prom night"

"Yeah, I remembered that" Bom smiled.

“Now why don’t you help me pack up my things.”

“Sure!”

 

After a few more hours, they were finished packing up all of Bom's things and Dara went home.

 

 

 

Days went by quickly and it was the day when Bom had to fly to Korea.

"Bom, hurry up! Or you'll be late!" 

"Coming!' Bom gave one more look in her mirror and scurried downstairs.

They hopped in a cab and went to the airport.

 

"Hello? Dara are you here yet?"

"I'm almost there. Just wait a little more" Dara said on the other line.

 

20 minutes...

 

"Geez, where's Dara?" only a few more minutes and it'll be time for her to board on the plane.

"Bommie!" Dara shouted from behind.

"Dara, I thought you weren't gonna come." Bom hugged Dara.

"Why wouldn't I? I promised right?"

Then hugged once more.

"I'm surely gonne miss you."

"Me too"

"Now off you go. You don't wanna be laft behind do you?" Bom gave her mom one last hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye guys!" Bom waved her hand,

"You take care now"

"I wiil" ,a teardrop rolled down from Bom's mom and waved her goodbye. "You text me when you've already landed. Kay?"

Then Bom went aboard.

 

 

****end of Chapter 1****

 

 

So this is my 2nd story. It's been long since I haven't went online and write/read a story in asianfanfics. Probably because of school. Anyways, here is it! ^^ Hope you enjoyed the story.

Sorry if there are any grammatical errors/typos.

And sorry of it still doesn't have any covers... I'm still working on it. And needs some time. So just enjoy the story even though it still doesn't have any cover... 

Please Vote, Comment and Subscribe.. ^^

                                                         Thank you!